PDA

View Full Version : HTML turned off

jimnyc
12-24-2017, 06:12 PM
I turned it off completely in all forums. So if you copy/paste something weird from elsewhere, and it tries to use HTML, and it worked before - now you know why it won't now. Same with posting Youtube videos - it will work with the way the board wants with the video icon, but it won't allow the HTML way any longer. This will prevent any thread hangups as we've seen in the past. And maybe more importantly, is why the board does so at times, is for security reasons.

High_Plains_Drifter
12-24-2017, 06:24 PM
I think that's a great move, bro. No more locked up threads.

We can add whatever HTML we want from the boards menu... so... nice.

I like it.

LongTermGuy
12-25-2017, 03:49 PM
I turned it off completely in all forums. So if you copy/paste something weird from elsewhere, and it tries to use HTML, and it worked before - now you know why it won't now. Same with posting Youtube videos - it will work with the way the board wants with the video icon, but it won't allow the HTML way any longer. This will prevent any thread hangups as we've seen in the past. And maybe more importantly, is why the board does so at times, is for security reasons.

Good idea...How come you so smart Jimmy?:cool:

:thumb:

jimnyc
12-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Should anyone have any issues posting things now, and you find the appropriate workaround by using the BBCODE afforded to everyone here on the board itself - please share as it may help others if they get stuck!