PDA

View Full Version : Pres Bush at 44% Approval - Dem Congress at 25%

red states rule
08-14-2007, 04:55 AM
The news keeps getting worse for the Dems. The latest CBS poll has Pres Bush 19 points higher then the Democrat run Congress, and people are starting to see the postive results coming from Iraq

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/13/opinion/polls/main3162932.shtml

08-14-2007, 05:03 AM
im actually kind of curious how both numbers jumped up so fast... did i miss something that completely changed the perspective of that many people or did the people just poll differently?

red states rule
08-14-2007, 05:06 AM
im actually kind of curious how both numbers jumped up so fast... did i miss something that completely changed the perspective of that many people or did the people just poll differently?

In my opinion, Dems overplayed their hand and misread the election results. The voters are not moving to the left, they want results in Iraq and they want the issues solved

All the Dems want to do is play the gotha game and waste time investagating non issues

The poll numbers for the Democrat Congress have been falling for the last four months - While Pres Bush have gone up (despite his illegal immigration position) during the same time

red states rule
08-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Check out this link and see the consistent falling approval numbers for the Democrat Congress

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

GW in Ohio
08-15-2007, 11:32 AM
The news keeps getting worse for the Dems. The latest CBS poll has Pres Bush 19 points higher then the Democrat run Congress, and people are starting to see the postive results coming from Iraq

No, no, no.......

Don't play with numbers like that. It's terribly dishonest. Bush's approval rating is not 44%; it's 29%. Here's the quote from the article:

There has also been little change in the president's overall approval rating; 29 percent of Americans say they approve of the president's performance, while 65 percent disapprove. Meanwhile, 34 percent of Americans approve of the president's handling of the economy.

The 44% number you cite is the number of Americans who approve of Bush's handling of the war on terrorism. (48% disapprove)

And the congressional disapproval thingy........only 29% approve of Congress's performance, but they don't specify the Democratic Congress. They think everybody in Congress....Republicans and Democrats....sucks.

Don't be dishonest......

red states rule
08-15-2007, 11:43 AM
No, no, no.......

Don't play with numbers like that. It's terribly dishonest. Bush's approval rating is not 44%; it's 29%. Here's the quote from the article:

The 44% number you cite is the number of Americans who approve of Bush's handling of the war on terrorism. (48% disapprove)

And the congressional disapproval thingy........only 29% approve of Congress's performance, but they don't specify the Democratic Congress. They think everybody in Congress....Republicans and Democrats....sucks.

Don't be dishonest......

Being a lib, I know you are desperate to try and spin the poll. Pres Bush has a HIGHER approval rating then your beloved Dem Congress

Get over it

GW in Ohio
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Being a lib, I know you are desperate to try and spin the poll. Pres Bush has a HIGHER approval rating then your beloved Dem Congress

Get over it

I don't have to spin anything.

George Bush is the most unpopular president in US history. People think he's an incompetent idiot.

A 29% approval rating is lower than Richard Nixon's after Watergate. It's lower than Jimmy Carter's at the height of stagflation and the Iran hostage crisis.

It's lower than anybody's.

Spin? It's you hard-core conservatives who are desperate to put a positive spin on things. Some of you are trying to say the surge is successful.

The surge is a joke. We put troops in an area in Iraq and the bad guys just move elsewhere until we vacate the area.

darin
08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
The surge is a joke. We put troops in an area in Iraq and the bad guys just move elsewhere until we vacate the area.

Very interesting General. I take it you are a Retired General of one of the Military Services? Or are you a trained, experienced Military analyst?

red states rule
08-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I don't have to spin anything.

George Bush is the most unpopular president in US history. People think he's an incompetent idiot.

A 29% approval rating is lower than Richard Nixon's after Watergate. It's lower than Jimmy Carter's at the height of stagflation and the Iran hostage crisis.

It's lower than anybody's.

Spin? It's you hard-core conservatives who are desperate to put a positive spin on things. Some of you are trying to say the surge is successful.

and Reid is at 19% and San Fran Nan is in the 30's

The people do approve of Pres Bush MORE then they do the Dems. Nov 08 is going to so much fun

and being a loyal lib - you must be ignoring all the good news and the postive results of the surge. After all, Dems have put their political future in the failure of the US in Iraq

darin
08-15-2007, 12:15 PM
:popcorn:

red states rule
08-15-2007, 12:17 PM
:popcorn:

This "fight" will disappoint you. I will hit him with the facts - and he will hit the road

darin
08-15-2007, 12:18 PM
it's not the fact that are the problem - it's the interpretation

GW in Ohio
08-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Very interesting General. I take it you are a Retired General of one of the Military Services? Or are you a trained, experienced Military analyst?

I don't have to be a chicken to recognize a rotten egg.

I don't have to be a military genius to know the surge is a joke.

And since our people continue to be killed and maimed implementing it, it's a very bad joke,

darin
08-15-2007, 12:19 PM

And since our people continue to be killed and maimed implementing it, it's a very bad joke,

You are OBVIOUSLY ignorant of what's going on in Iraq. That's okay. Our people are killed and maimed because - get this - THEY ARE IN A WAR.

Are you spineless?

red states rule
08-15-2007, 12:20 PM

Then why are the polls going against you, your party, and your talking points?

GW in Ohio
08-15-2007, 12:21 PM
and Reid is at 19% and San Fran Nan is in the 30's

The people do approve of Pres Bush MORE then they do the Dems. Nov 08 is going to so much fun

and being a loyal lib - you must be ignoring all the good news and the postive results of the surge. After all, Dems have put their political future in the failure of the US in Iraq

Hey, genius....

If Bush's approval rating is 29% and "San Fran Nan" is "in the 30s," that would mean she has a higher approval rating than Bush.

Are your math skills representative of conservatives as a whole?

red states rule
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey, genius....

If Bush's approval rating is 29% and "San Fran Nan" is "in the 30s," that would mean she has a higher approval rating than Bush.

Are your math skills representative of conservatives as a whole?

Hey, Bush is at 44% - you must have ignored that part of the article

and it is not if

Senate Leader Harry Reid Sees Favorability Drop After Immigration Fight
Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WASHINGTON — A new Rasmussen Reports poll finds only 19 percent of American voters look favorably upon Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. According to the poll, 45 percent of voters view the Nevada Democrat favorably.

That's the same favorable rating as former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, now sentenced to 30 months in prison in the CIA leak case. Lewis' unfavorable rating reached 57 percent in the same survey.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281046,00.html

and the history of the Dem Congress's falling numbers

GW in Ohio
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Hey, Bush is at 44% - you must have ignored that part of the article

and it is not if

Senate Leader Harry Reid Sees Favorability Drop After Immigration Fight
Tuesday, June 12, 2007

WASHINGTON — A new Rasmussen Reports poll finds only 19 percent of American voters look favorably upon Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. According to the poll, 45 percent of voters view the Nevada Democrat favorably.

That's the same favorable rating as former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, now sentenced to 30 months in prison in the CIA leak case. Lewis' unfavorable rating reached 57 percent in the same survey.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281046,00.html

and the history of the Dem Congress's falling numbers

I already addressed that in an earlier post.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I already addressed that in an earlier post.

No, you ducked, dodged, and hid from that in your previous post

08-15-2007, 12:39 PM

then why do the military geniuses disagree with you about the surge?

Maybe being a military genius has its advantages in analyzing military strategy.

Hagbard Celine
08-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Oh, I thought we weren't supposed to care about poll numbers. You sure haven't seemed to care for the last seven and a half years. :dunno: Must be a coincidence.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 12:40 PM
then why do the military geniuses disagree with you about the surge?

Maybe being a military genius has its advantages in analyzing military strategy.

Because liberals are so much smarter then them?

theHawk
08-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Oh, I thought we weren't supposed to care about poll numbers. You sure haven't seemed to care for the last seven and a half years. :dunno: Must be a coincidence.

True, polls are just spun one way or another usually. When Bush's ratings were low, it was because the 50% or so Dems/libs all hate him no matter what he does, plus the fact that most of the conservative base disliked him for the amnesty crap. I suspect the same thing is happening in this poll, now that amnesty is gone, more conservatives are happy with Bush's current situation with the surge and all. Meanwhile many libs are upset with their Democrats in office because amnesty failed and they are changing their tune about the war since its election season.
If its Bush's low ratings, or Dem Congress'....I doubt that it will change who people vote for in the next election.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 01:58 PM
True, polls are just spun one way or another usually. When Bush's ratings were low, it was because the 50% or so Dems/libs all hate him no matter what he does, plus the fact that most of the conservative base disliked him for the amnesty crap. I suspect the same thing is happening in this poll, now that amnesty is gone, more conservatives are happy with Bush's current situation with the surge and all. Meanwhile many libs are upset with their Democrats in office because amnesty failed and they are changing their tune about the war since its election season.
If its Bush's low ratings, or Dem Congress'....I doubt that it will change who people vote for in the next election.

Should the surge shows progress in Iraq - it will spell doom for the Dems

theHawk
08-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Should the surge shows progress in Iraq - it will spell doom for the Dems

Yes but if the Repubs put up a weak candidate like Rudy or Mitt, Hitlery's charm will get her into office.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes but if the Repubs put up a weak candidate like Rudy or Mitt, Hitlery's charm will get her into office.

Charm? She has al the warmth and charm of a scorpion

And she has to deal with polls like these

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/fifty-percent-of-americans-would-not-vote-for-clinton-2007-03-27.html

theHawk
08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Charm? She has al the warmth and charm of a scorpion

And she has to deal with polls like these

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/fifty-percent-of-americans-would-not-vote-for-clinton-2007-03-27.html

I hope you're right, I really do. I just won't be surprised if by the time the election happens all the left-wing propaganda will have done an effective hit job the the GOP candidate.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I hope you're right, I really do. I just won't be surprised if by the time the election happens all the left-wing propaganda will have done an effective hit job the the GOP candidate.

The liberal media has been in full spin mode - yet it has not done much good

Hillary is the best candidate the Dems can put up to ensure a huge Republican turnout

gabosaurus
08-15-2007, 04:00 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Democratic-controlled Congress and President Bush seem locked in a perverse competition for public unfavorability, according to a new Associated Press-Ipsos poll.

The survey shows Bush's approval ratings at 35 percent, and Congress' even lower, 25 percent. Only 27 percent of those polled said the country is headed in the right direction, and 39 percent said they support the Iraq war, with 58 percent opposed.

So who cares? Congress is unpopular. Bush is unpopular. The war in unpopular. You can't spin those numbers. I doubt that 58 percent against makes a war popular. One HUGE reason why Congress has become so unpopular is that refuse to act on key issues. Instead, they play partisan political games.
This will change when the Dems gain the White House and a two-thirds majority in Congress in the 2008 election.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 04:02 PM
So who cares? Congress is unpopular. Bush is unpopular. The war in unpopular. You can't spin those numbers. I doubt that 58 percent against makes a war popular. One HUGE reason why Congress has become so unpopular is that refuse to act on key issues. Instead, they play partisan political games.
This will change when the Dems gain the White House and a two-thirds majority in Congress in the 2008 election.

Goven how the Dems are so unpopular, and have broken nearly every promise they made to get elected - your dream of gaines goes against the facts

nevadamedic
08-15-2007, 04:54 PM

This kinda thing is supposed to be in the new news section.

red states rule
08-16-2007, 05:59 AM
This kinda thing is supposed to be in the new news section.

Not when it opens the article up for debate

I find it funny libs are dismissing and spinning a poll where Pres Bush is doing better then the Dems

red states rule
08-16-2007, 09:11 AM

Now the latest Quinnipiac poll has the Dem Congress at 20%

20% is the LOWEST RATING EVER IN THEIR HISTORY OF CONGRESSIONAL POLLS

Congrats Dems, you are accomplishing something for a change

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1284.xml?ReleaseID=1093&What=&strArea=;&strTime=0

GW in Ohio
08-16-2007, 12:14 PM

It sounds like you're blaming Democrats for Bush's poor poll numbers, i.e., "The Dems hate him; that's why his poll numbers are so low."

Don't blame it on the Democrats. If they and a lot of independents can't stand Bush, it's because he's been the worst president of all time.

Iraq is the main reason. It's the worst fuckup in American history.

It's also Bush's personality. Americans readily take to a president who can admit when he's made a mistake. Bush has never admitted to any mistake. Even now, when it's obvious to everyone that Iraq was a horrible decision, Bush still will not admit it was a mistake. And he's still trying to maintain that we can "win." Iraq is so fucked up right now, nobody even knows what "winning" means, even if it were possible.

Bush is not just a fuckup; he's an arrogant fuckup. People do not make allowances for arrogant clowns like him. Contrary to the deceptive title of this thread, only 29% of Americans think he's doing a good job. That means 71% of Americans think he stinks.

red states rule
08-16-2007, 12:16 PM
It sounds like you're blaming Democrats for Bush's poor poll numbers, i.e., "The Dems hate him; that's why his poll numbers are so low."

Don't blame it on the Democrats. If they and a lot of independents can't stand Bush, it's because he's been the worst president of all time.

Iraq is the main reason. It's the worst fuckup in American history.

It's also Bush's personality. Americans readily take to a president who can admit when he's made a mistake. Bush has never admitted to any mistake. Even now, when it's obvious to everyone that Iraq was a horrible decision, Bush still will not admit it was a mistake. And he's still trying to maintain that we can "win." Iraq is so fucked up right now, nobody even knows what "winning" means, even if it were possible.

Bush is not just a fuckup; he's an arrogant fuckup. People do not make allowances for arrogant clowns like him. Contrary to the deceptive title of this thread, only 29% of Americans think he's doing a good job. That means 71% of Americans think he stinks.

Dems have not accomplished anything - except RECORD LOW POLL NUMBERS

For that I salute them