PDA

View Full Version : Headed home

darin
01-02-2018, 01:21 AM
Left wöthersee about 20 mins ago. Another 9hrs or so and stops in salzburg and heidelberg before i get home about 1630. Was a good weekend for sure!

Kathianne
01-02-2018, 05:24 AM
I do think you are at the perfect age for your adventures. Old enough to appreciate, young enough to enjoy! Keep exploring!

NightTrain
01-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Pic #3 - what's going on there? Is that silver being melted down?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Left wöthersee about 20 mins ago. Another 9hrs or so and stops in salzburg and heidelberg before i get home about 1630. Was a good weekend for sure!
"Headed home," as in back to America?

Taco Junkie
01-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Nice landscape pix especially the castle on the island. Looks cold there but no snow. That plate needs a whole lot more food on it or is that the appetizer? Thanks for sharing your trip.

darin
01-03-2018, 06:12 AM
Pic 3 - melting lead - then dropping it into cold water - the shape predicts your fortune in the comming year :)

Headed home to germany. Should be here another few years

Thanks for the pic comments; no snow at all and i was heartbroken. Snow all around us but none on us :(. Thats the food. With 5-7 courses it added up just fine :-)

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 09:53 AM
Come to NH. Expecting about a foot of snow Thursday.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 11:06 AM
Pic 3 - melting lead - then dropping it into cold water - the shape predicts your fortune in the comming year :)

Headed home to germany. Should be here another few years

Thanks for the pic comments; no snow at all and i was heartbroken. Snow all around us but none on us :(. Thats the food. With 5-7 courses it added up just fine :-)
I don't mean to be nosy, but I'm insanely curious... what is it you're doing over there? A job or what?

And have you seen many muslims or been hearing of muslim problems?

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 11:39 AM
I don't mean to be nosy, but I'm insanely curious... what is it you're doing over there? A job or what?

Where did Darin go on vacation?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Where did Darin go on vacation?
I couldn't tell ya, Abbey...

darin
01-03-2018, 12:02 PM

May have to move there to get the winters I want.

While we get weekly briefings and intel reports - I haven't personally been around any Islamic attacks. My best friend told me a story last year - she pulled up to her house - and there were "migrants" - olive skinned, dark features, combing through her stuff. As she exited her van they started demanding she give them food and then they walked away with an old baby stroller she was going to give away. She got passed them and ran into the house and called for help, which arrived long-after they had departed.

I couldn't tell ya, Abbey...

Was in Worthersee austria this time.

Been to Paris, Normany, Tuscany, Morocco, Switzerland, Mallorca, and all through germany. Have not felt an ounce of fear or worry during my travels. But I take precautions. I tend to travel off season, and during the week. And I pay attention.

Watching Justice league as I type this - and Have to say, Gal Gadot sure is incredible. That's all :)

CSM
01-03-2018, 12:34 PM

WAIT! WHAT??? You live in NH???

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 12:46 PM
WAIT! WHAT??? You live in NH???

Not yet! At this point we still just visit family often. Portsmouth, Derry, and once in a great while, Merrimack.

CSM
01-03-2018, 12:48 PM
Not yet! At this point we still just visit family often. Portsmouth, Derry, and once in a great while, Merrimack.

Well, darn! Lived here my whole life except when I was running around in exotic locales killing the indigenous people there.

Let me know next time you head this way. I would love to meet up for coffee or something.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Yeah if you want lots of snow, the NE is where to be.

We haven't had squat yet. We're a couple FEET short of the average for this time of year. Thing is, it's too COLD to snow.

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 01:11 PM
Well, darn! Lived here my whole life except when I was running around in exotic locales killing the indigenous people there.

Let me know next time you head this way. I would love to meet up for coffee or something.

That would be fun. :cool:

It was soooo cold last weekend that I was wondering if I can handle it since my heart attack.
But it's not usually that cold. Right???!

CSM
01-03-2018, 01:14 PM
That would be fun. :cool:

It was soooo cold last weekend that I was wondering if I can handle it since my heart attack.
But it's not usually that cold. Right???!

Meh, it should warm up around August- September ..... just kidding .... this is the coldest it has been (and for this long) in many years.

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Meh, it should warm up around August- September ..... just kidding .... this is the coldest it has been (and for this long) in many years.

:happy0100::joy4:

aboutime
01-03-2018, 02:03 PM
Here in Sunny, Warm, Virginia Beach...looking forward to 3-6 inches of Something Wet.

Welcome home to AMERICA. Did you hear the news? It changes everyday. The Impeachment promises, and all the Trump hater's are still suffering from T.D.S.:laugh:

They are the one's who are causing all the SNOW....snowflakes everywhere.:laugh:

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Here in Sunny, Warm, Virginia Beach...looking forward to 3-6 inches of Something Wet.

Welcome home to AMERICA. Did you hear the news? It changes everyday. The Impeachment promises, and all the Trump hater's are still suffering from T.D.S.:laugh:

They are the one's who are causing all the SNOW....snowflakes everywhere.:laugh:
Did you fall in love with the area from being stationed at Norfolk?

aboutime
01-03-2018, 02:39 PM
Did you fall in love with the area from being stationed at Norfolk?

Actually, No. My wife and son's were here while I was deployed, and they went to the schools, and church, made lots of friends, and both guys became SURFERS. Secondly. We didn't want to go back to Pennsylvania. Cost of living was too high, and we still don't like SNOW. But, at least down here over the years...the weather is always better for some reason.
We've lived in the same home for 29 years...why give it up for more Mortgage hassles?

darin
01-03-2018, 02:50 PM
just saw some pics on facebook from a friend in Florida. Started getting actual anxiety over thinking the weather is ALWAYS like that. Sunny and warm. Every. single. day. Gives me hives to think about. it's why i dislike seattle area. My seasons have to make sense.

Did I mention Gal Gadot? :) wow.

Kathianne
01-03-2018, 03:24 PM
just saw some pics on facebook from a friend in Florida. Started getting actual anxiety over thinking the weather is ALWAYS like that. Sunny and warm. Every. single. day. Gives me hives to think about. it's why i dislike seattle area. My seasons have to make sense.

Did you see it's snowing in FL? Closed schools on Tallahassee.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 04:28 PM

I lived in Tampa from early 1984 to late 1987, stationed at MacDill AFB. I do remember it being a little chilly a time or two riding my Kawasaki KZ1000 to base in the morning, but T-shirt temp by the time I got off work. I never saw it snow there, and spent more than one new years day on the beach drinking beer soaking up the sun. I did love the beach.

Elessar
01-03-2018, 04:50 PM

You amaze me at times with your one-liners!:beer:

darin
01-03-2018, 05:29 PM
I lived in Tampa from early 1984 to late 1987, stationed at MacDill AFB. I do remember it being a little chilly a time or two riding my Kawasaki KZ1000 to base in the morning, but T-shirt temp by the time I got off work. I never saw it snow there, and spent more than one new years day on the beach drinking beer soaking up the sun. I did love the beach.

yeah - i just can't do it. I think I need a place where we get 2 feet of snow the weekend after thanksgiving and it stays until after new years. That'd be cool. :)

LongTermGuy
01-07-2018, 01:54 AM
Pic #3 - what's going on there? Is that silver being melted down?
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11131&d=1514874009

darin
01-07-2018, 05:37 AM

:)