PDA

View Full Version : Senator Romney?

jimnyc
01-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Orrin Hatch, Utah Senator, to Retire, Opening Path for Mitt Romney

Senator Orrin G. Hatch of Utah, the longest-serving Senate Republican, announced on Tuesday he will retire at the end of the year, rebuffing the pleas of President Trump to seek an eighth term and paving the way for Mitt Romney, a critic of Mr. Trump’s, to run for the seat.

Mr. Hatch made his decision public on Tuesday afternoon via a video announcement.

“When the president visited Utah last month, he said I was a fighter. I’ve always been a fighter. I was an amateur boxer in my youth, and I’ve brought that fighting spirit with me to Washington,” he said. “But every good fighter knows when to hang up the gloves. And for me, that time is soon approaching.”

Rest - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/us/politics/orrin-hatch-retiring-romney-trump.html

hjmick
01-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Speaking of senators, did you know that more people have been to the top of Mount Everest than have been U.S. senators? That strikes me as somewhat bothersome...

Gunny
01-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Think Romney has got a chance?

I personally think that people who pull this crap like Hatch at a critical point in time are just self-serving assholes. Some public servant concerned with what's best for the Nation. Let's throw a critical Senate seat up for grabs.

Black Diamond
01-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Think Romney has got a chance?

I personally think that people who pull this crap like Hatch at a critical point in time are just self-serving assholes. Some public servant concerned with what's best for the Nation. Let's throw a critical Senate seat up for grabs.
Mitt will win if he runs for it. Unless he molested a teenager.

Gunny
01-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Mitt will win if he runs for it. Unless he molested a teenager.Wonder how many wives he has?

Black Diamond
01-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Wonder how many wives he has?
LOL. That's actually why I think the seat is Mitts if he wants it. Hope he's not another McCain.

Gunny
01-02-2018, 07:46 PM
LOL. That's actually why I think the seat is Mitts if he wants it. Hope he's not another McCain.If memory serves me, he's pretty critical of Trump. He's also a NEOCON that was Governor of state where Republicans would be Democrats anywhere else.

I definitely think he would be another McCain. He's last year's model. Obsolete.

STTAB
01-03-2018, 04:28 PM
If memory serves me, he's pretty critical of Trump. He's also a NEOCON that was Governor of state where Republicans would be Democrats anywhere else.

I definitely think he would be another McCain. He's last year's model. Obsolete.

He would definately not be helpful to Trump's agenda. I wish BOTH parties would get some new blood. I'm tired of seeing the same names get recycled over and over and over. 350M people in this country, why are the same thousand or so people running everything?

Elessar
01-03-2018, 04:40 PM
He would definately not be helpful to Trump's agenda. I wish BOTH parties would get some new blood. I'm tired of seeing the same names get recycled over and over and over. 350M people in this country, why are the same thousand or so people running everything?

I cannot think of anyone with either quality or sanity that would want the job these days.

pete311
01-03-2018, 04:53 PM
I cannot think of anyone with either quality or sanity that would want the job these days.

Bingo, the smart money makes their money in business, not politics. Politics is for failed business men who remain greedy for power.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Bingo, the smart money makes their money in business, not politics. Politics is for failed business men who remain greedy for power.
Are you shittin' me... these filthy sons a bitches in politics are getting their pockets lined every which way you can imagine. Washington DC is the richest county in America.

You apparently don't know anything about politicians and how Washington works.

pete311
01-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Are you shittin' me... these filthy sons a bitches in politics are getting their pockets lined every which way you can imagine. Washington DC is the richest county in America.

You apparently don't know anything about politicians and how Washington works.

How many of these people are politicians?
https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Man, in a perfect world Trump would help trash him, maybe have a conference or 2, and do his best to see him not get elected. Fairplay?

I actually don't think so, but that's what Romney did.

Gunny
01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Man, in a perfect world Trump would help trash him, maybe have a conference or 2, and do his best to see him not get elected. Fairplay?

I actually don't think so, but that's what Romney did.I'd call that stuck between a rock and a hard place. Support the republican you don't like and is just what you don't need, or let a Dem take the seat.

I'd let him sink or swim on his own.

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:48 PM
I'd call that stuck between a rock and a hard place. Support the republican you don't like and is just what you don't need, or let a Dem take the seat.

I'd let him sink or swim on his own.
Question is: what's the difference between Romney and the dem? The answer to that answers many other questions.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 06:53 PM
How many of these people are politicians?
https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/
How many of them all live in the same county?

You've obfuscated and tried to deflect once again...

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/census-bureau-5-richest-counties-are-dc-suburbs

pete311
01-03-2018, 06:57 PM
How many of them all live in the same county?

You've obfuscated and tried to deflect once again...

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/census-bureau-5-richest-counties-are-dc-suburbs

What does them living in the same country have to do with them being billionaires while not being politicians. I am not debating DC isn't by capita rich.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 07:29 PM
I am not debating DC isn't by capita rich.
Then you're off the page, because that was my point.

These clowns get elected and go to Washington, and on just a small six figure salary they become millionaires.

How is that?

STTAB
01-04-2018, 09:12 AM

These clowns get elected and go to Washington, and on just a small six figure salary they become millionaires.

How is that?

Unfortunately, we all know the answer to that question.

That is why I laughed out loud when these Democrats in Congress started screaming "emoluments" about Trump. Who the hell do they think they were fooling?

Black Diamond
01-04-2018, 05:33 PM

How is that?
Also there are a lot of million dollar homes in DC. I've seen them.

Gunny
01-04-2018, 05:46 PM

How is that?You ever seen the perks these clowns get? Right down toa free place to live, dry cleaning, transportation, trips home, clothing allowance, meals .... what's to spend their own money on?

Black Diamond
01-04-2018, 05:50 PM
You ever seen the perks these clowns get? Right down toa free place to live, dry cleaning, transportation, trips home, clothing allowance, meals .... what's to spend their own money on?
Are not subjected to Obamacare. I think the politburo lived by their own laws too. :)

Gunny
01-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Are not subjected to Obamacare. I think the politburo lived by their own laws too. :)Obamacare? They go to Bethesda, one of if not the best Naval medical facility in the US. They don't pay for shit.