PDA

View Full Version : What Trump DIDN'T do in 2017

jimnyc
01-02-2018, 05:41 PM
All of the women in America had all of their rights taken away last year, correct? He has personally profited from all his stocks. :rolleyes: He hasn't listened to any of his advisers at all and has started reckless wars. All muslim folks have been surely banned by now.

---

What Trump DIDN'T do in 2017: President's hysteria-prone critics must be sorely disappointed

Supporters say President Trump accomplished a great deal in his first year of office: helping to pass a massive tax overhaul, putting Neil Gorsuch on the court, snuffing out President Obama’s regulatory excesses, signaling a more robust foreign policy and damping illegal immigration, for starters.

It is also important to note what Trump didn’t do: he didn’t start World War III, he didn’t deport 11 million people in the country illegally, he didn’t eliminate guarantees of equal status for women, he did not toss the Iran nuclear deal, he did not fire Special Counsel Mueller or Attorney General Sessions, he didn’t cause the stock market to crash or upend our monetary policy, he failed to greenlight Putin’s mischief-making in Eastern Europe, he hasn’t reinstated the use of torture, and also hasn’t ignited a trade war. And, he didn’t plunge the country into recession.

Trump’s hysteria-prone critics, who repeatedly warned he was about to do all or any of the above, are no doubt gravely disappointed. But also unrepentant. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi continue to sound grave warnings, hinting that Trump’s dangerous policies are leading the ship of state aground. The GOP tax policy is Armageddon, said Pelosi, and Schumer said it would “skewer” the middle class. Other Democrats have insisted that axing ObamaCare’s individual mandate “kicks 13 million people off” health care insurance.

The mainstream media has played nicely with Democrats all year, repeating their preposterous claims. And yet, Americans have greater confidence in their circumstances than at any time in the past 17 years. The recent tick lower in consumer sentiment came while Democrats sounded apocalyptic warnings about the tax rewrite; no surprise that some people were a bit shaken.

But the country remains more upbeat than they did during the Obama years, tuning out the most ominous warnings from the Left. Good for them, because some of the predictions were downright scary.

The night Trump trounced Hillary Clinton, Paul Krugman predicted the stock market, which initially sold off on the unexpected outcome, would “never” recover from the blow. The next day, the Dow soared 257 points, and has barely paused for breath ever since. In the same column, written in the wee hours of Election night, a despondent Krugman said Trump would plunge the country into a terrible recession.

Paul Krugman followed that mistaken call with dire warnings about everything Trump for the past year. Among other alarums, he warned that the president would recklessly choose a partisan hack to fill Janet Yellen’s shoes – “Trumpifying the Fed” --as he described it. How disappointed he must have been when the White House picked mainstream Fed board member Jay Powell to fill the role.

Krugman has had plenty of company conjuring up frightening visions of our Trumpian future. Columnist David Brooks, who fancies himself a moderate, said Trump would “probably resign or be impeached within a year.”

The New Yorker’s David Remnick, wrote a piece the day after the election entitled An American Tragedy. Remnick saw End of Days horrors spilling out from the Trump presidency, calling the election “a sickening event in the history of the United States and liberal democracy.” That the country elected Trump as a Democratic exercise was apparently immaterial to Remnick. The New Yorker editor said Trump would “not only set markets tumbling but will strike fear into the hearts of the vulnerable…”

Critics of the president might argue that Trump himself has brought on some of the concerns, by campaigning on stark promises to “tear up” the Iran deal or deport undocumented people. The president took strong stances during the election, as does every candidate (did we really think Bernie would make colleges free for all?) and has certainly shaken up establishment thinking on a variety of fronts, including our relationship with NATO, the UN and respect for the Iran deal.

Rest - http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/31/liz-peek-what-trump-didnt-do-in-2017-presidents-hysteria-prone-critics-must-be-sorely-disappointed.html

del
01-02-2018, 06:42 PM
trump's a lying, demented sack of shit and anyone over 40 who voted for him should have their head examined.

With just 18 days before President Trump completes his first year as president, he is now on track to exceed 2,000 false or misleading claims, according to our database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.
As of Monday, the total stood at 1,950 claims in 347 days, or an average of 5.6 claims a day. (Our full interactive graphic can be found here. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-claims-database/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.56aedf0990b3))
As regular readers know, the president has a tendency to repeat himself — often. There are now more than 60 claims that he has repeated three or more times. The president’s impromptu 30-minute interview with the New York Times over the holidays, in which he made at least 24 false or misleading claims (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/12/29/in-a-30-minute-interview-president-trump-made-24-false-or-misleading-claims/?utm_term=.13fbf0d337a1), included many statements that we have previously fact-checked.
We currently have a tie for Trump’s most repeated claims, both made 61 times. Both of these claims date from the start of Trump’s presidency and to a large extent have faded as talking points.
One of these claims was some variation of the statement that the Affordable Care Act is dying and “essentially dead.” The Congressional Budget Office has said that the Obamacare exchanges, despite well-documented issues, are not imploding and are expected to remain stable for the foreseeable future. Indeed, healthy enrollment for the coming year has surprised health-care experts. Trump used to say this a lot, but he’s quieted down since his efforts to repeal the law flopped.
Trump also repeatedly takes credit for events or business decisions (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/03/10/trump-keeps-claiming-hes-created-u-s-jobs-since-election-day-not-so/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.fced5d195e21) that happened before he took the oath of office — or had even been elected. Sixty-one times, he has touted that he secured business investments and job announcements that had been previously announced and could easily be found with a Google search.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2018/01/02/president-trump-has-made-1949-false-or-misleading-claims-over-347-days/?tid=pm_politics_pop&utm_term=.90f115be8bab

Gunny
01-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Ummm .... you can't count unsolved issues/situations like N Korea, the Mueller witch hunt, DACA/"the Wall" as things Trump didn't do. He's working on every single one except perhaps Mueller because he's floundering on his own.

As law, Republicans passed tax reform. That's it. It isn't Trump did it if it goes, Republicans did it if it fails.

jimnyc
01-02-2018, 06:51 PM
trump's a lying, demented sack of shit and anyone over 40 who voted for him should have their head examined.

That's a great contribution. Is that how you normally start conversations? Seems you want to do not much more than insult. Whatever then, waste of time.

jimnyc
01-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Ummm .... you can't count unsolved issues/situations like N Korea, the Mueller witch hunt, DACA/"the Wall" as things Trump didn't do. He's working on every single one except perhaps Mueller because he's floundering on his own.

As law, Republicans passed tax reform. That's it. It isn't Trump did it if it goes, Republicans did it if it fails.

That's it, huh? :laugh2: Same 'ol clock. :laugh:

del
01-02-2018, 06:52 PM
That's a great contribution. Is that how you normally start conversations? Seems you want to do not much more than insult. Whatever then, waste of time.

it's not an insult when it's true.

have a nice day

GravyBoat
01-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Trump's biggest "didn't" in 2017 is that he didn't get impeached.

2018? Not so much.

:coffee:

jimnyc
01-02-2018, 06:55 PM
it's not an insult when it's true.

have a nice day

No thanks.

Gunny
01-02-2018, 07:10 PM
That's it, huh? :laugh2: Same 'ol clock. :laugh:So are you, if you want to take it there. What I stated is fact, and a concern that YOU and your (I forgot the latest name for a Trumpy is) should be REALLY concerned with. Everything he has done that is not LAW can be undone by the next Dem that rolls along. From the looks of things, they will even if it's detrimental just to be doing it.

How many major issues did Trump NOT get done because of Congressional Republicans? The repeal of Obamacare for one. If they are guilty of being shitheads when they don't pass his crap, then they are every bit as much "guilty" of passing it. He cannot change law without Congress.

My point is I want him to change the laws. Not band aid over them with SOs that can be run through the shredder Day One, Next Administration.

jimnyc
01-02-2018, 07:19 PM
So are you, if you want to take it there.

You run with the names - so again, no thanks. Mod or not, if someone can't post without being a dick, then I simply say no thanks, not interested in the tripe. Better for my health.

Easy enough for me to sit back behind the scenes. It's a pain in the ass to gather threads all the time anyway, have the majority ignored, and then have folks talk BS - BS that was covered in those threads. But why bother replying and actually having discussions when we can all talk smack instead, I guess it's more fun.

So no thanks, but enjoy!

Gunny
01-02-2018, 07:27 PM
You run with the names - so again, no thanks. Mod or not, if someone can't post without being a dick, then I simply say no thanks, not interested in the tripe. Better for my health.

Easy enough for me to sit back behind the scenes. It's a pain in the ass to gather threads all the time anyway, have the majority ignored, and then have folks talk BS - BS that was covered in those threads. But why bother replying and actually having discussions when we can all talk smack instead, I guess it's more fun.

So no thanks, but enjoy!What names? Take a chill pill. I made a point YOU have not addressed. Instead, you have addressed ME. Try re-reading. There's no BS in either of my posts.

If you don't like the fact that regardless I voted for the fucker and WANT him to succeed I STILL think he's a pompous ass? Too bad. He is what he is.

Black Diamond
01-02-2018, 07:29 PM
What names? Take a chill pill. I made a point YOU have not addressed. Instead, you have addressed ME. Try re-reading. There's no BS in either of my posts.

If you don't like the fact that regardless I voted for the fucker and WANT him to succeed I STILL think he's a pompous ass? Too bad. He is what he is.
Wonder if he mixed up your posts with dels? Just an idea.

Gunny
01-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Wonder if he mixed up your posts with dels? Just an idea.Nah. He doesn't like me insulting Trump nor pointing out that "Superman" ain't so super. I also figure my response was rather tame considering the insults being flung about in the OP and his response.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I can do that just fine when I get a mind to. Merely point out you can't claim victory unless you've actually won unless you're Obama. That only cost the US having to start over in Iraq.

I don't want to Trump to fail. I don't want even a single one of these juvenile delinquents called democrats and their fascist arm the AntiFas (the latter an oxymoron) to gain so much as one seat on the bench outside the chamber doors to Congress much less to have one of their shrill little pantywaist voices inside the chamber.

But I'm not counting "SCORE!" where there is none. It means it's still there to be done. If anyone's insulted by a simple, factual observation there's not a lot I can do about it.

As far as name-calling goes .... I didn't draw first blood.

aboutime
01-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Trump's biggest "didn't" in 2017 is that he didn't get impeached.

2018? Not so much.

:coffee:

You should feel thankful Gravy. Trump doesn't know people like you are so stupid.

Gunny
01-02-2018, 08:05 PM
You should feel thankful Gravy. Trump doesn't know people like you are so stupid.They had more grounds to impeach Obama than Trump.

I find that a bit odd too. Considering Obama was allegedly whatever the left calls "groomed" as a politician and Trump wasn't. I'm surprised nothing has surfaced on Trump. Not that I would give a shit unless it was something REALLY bad. The Dems voted for a criminal who should be in prison. That tells me their votes are worthless, IMO.

GravyBoat
01-03-2018, 02:46 AM
You should feel thankful Gravy. Trump doesn't know people like you are so stupid.

Write him a letter so he can see how stupid people are. I'd write him only I don't want to be in his cabinet.

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Nah. He doesn't like me insulting Trump nor pointing out that "Superman" ain't so super.

That's what you truly think? That only proves you HAVE NOT been listening to any gripes by myself and others. But whatever, have a blast out there calling names to the folks you used to once call friends.

I COULDN'T CARE LESS if you and others hate or don't like Trump, said it a thousand times. But one doesn't need to mock or call names to others that do support him.

The fact that you deflect, and think this is about Trump, is kinda sad, quite frankly. Just shows me you haven't heard a peep about your "friends" complaining.

Carry on, enjoy yourself, I guess.

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 09:46 AM
Wonder if he mixed up your posts with dels? Just an idea.

Nope. One new guy that likes to insult to get his point across, and one that's been around forever. It's quite boring when someone can't discuss issues without insulting everyone, that's all. I'm not gonna get riled up over stupid shit, because folks need to use baby names and such in every other post.

I can either post broadly and ignore replies, and allow replies to be to other folks. I can just try and help get things started. My goal is to start threads and get discussions going. I guess I can start threads, and let others enjoy those types of discussions. I guess.

Instead of getting annoyed, replying in kind and all that jazz, I'm just not going to let little things piss me off anymore, gonna try and avoid getting the blood pressure going. Save that for those who are apparently looking to go back and forth with one another like that.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 11:16 AM
Nope. One new guy that likes to insult to get his point across, and one that's been around forever. It's quite boring when someone can't discuss issues without insulting everyone, that's all. I'm not gonna get riled up over stupid shit, because folks need to use baby names and such in every other post.

I can either post broadly and ignore replies, and allow replies to be to other folks. I can just try and help get things started. My goal is to start threads and get discussions going. I guess I can start threads, and let others enjoy those types of discussions. I guess.

Instead of getting annoyed, replying in kind and all that jazz, I'm just not going to let little things piss me off anymore, gonna try and avoid getting the blood pressure going. Save that for those who are apparently looking to go back and forth with one another like that.
Well it doesn't help when we get new members like del, because just spitting his wise ass little insults out on a board is what he does 99.9% of the time. That's what he does, and it won't help here. He's been banned from everywhere else.

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 12:07 PM
Well it doesn't help when we get new members like del, because just spitting his wise ass little insults out on a board is what he does 99.9% of the time. That's what he does, and it won't help here. He's been banned from everywhere else.

To each their own. Not against the rules if he or others want to post in an offensive manner. I've done worse I suppose, but try not to. If someone likes to offend others, and continues to do so even when others state it's not their cup of tea - then they shouldn't be too surprised when they get little to no responses. And then they are usually the first to state things are an echo chamber or that there is little posting going on. Of course, because that kind of shit pushes away "good discussion".

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Wanted to add - I don't know about his status elsewhere, don't care and it doesn't matter here. I know he was in charge at my old place for awhile. He was more than polite and friendly when I PM'd with him when he got here. :dunno:

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Wanted to add - I don't know about his status elsewhere, don't care and it doesn't matter here. I know he was in charge at my old place for awhile. He was more than polite and friendly when I PM'd with him when he got here. :dunno:
The word status is funny.