PDA

View Full Version : Fusion GPS set record straight

pete311
01-03-2018, 09:29 AM
Founders of Fusion GPS write an op ed in NYT. They have testified before congress.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/opinion/republicans-investigation-fusion-gps.html

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't believe anything in that dossier, or anyone involved in paying for it to use, not even if the pope himself blessed it and vouched for it. Not from either side.

Happy New Year, Pete!

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 11:20 AM
Founders of Fusion GPS write an op ed in NYT. They have testified before congress.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/opinion/republicans-investigation-fusion-gps.html
So it took awhile, but this is the left's new lie to cover their ass, and Hitlery's.

We'll see if it holds up... I doubt it... not to mention the NYSlimes is about worthless as far as the truth.

pete311
01-03-2018, 11:53 AM
So it took awhile, but this is the left's new lie to cover their ass, and Hitlery's.

We'll see if it holds up... I doubt it... not to mention the NYSlimes is about worthless as far as the truth.

NYT is not an issue. They testified to congress to that information. So, the only thing you can say is you think they lied to congress.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 12:38 PM
NYT is not an issue. They testified to congress to that information. So, the only thing you can say is you think they lied to congress.
And you think that's uncommon?

Hello... EARTH TO PETE...

The NYSlimes is fake news, and I wouldn't even wipe my ass with it. They're one of the leaders in the fascist RESIST movement, and the BRING DOWN PRESIDENT TRUMP democrat propaganda cabal.

pete311
01-03-2018, 12:50 PM
And you think that's uncommon?

Hello... EARTH TO PETE...

The NYSlimes is fake news, and I wouldn't even wipe my ass with it. They're one of the leaders in the fascist RESIST movement, and the BRING DOWN PRESIDENT TRUMP democrat propaganda cabal.

All I was doing was clearing up your argument. Keep yourself together please.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 12:51 PM
All I was doing was clearing up your argument. Keep yourself together please.
I'll get myself together while you go upstairs from the basement and see if your mommy will make you some mac'n cheese.

............ :laugh:

pete311
01-03-2018, 12:55 PM
I'll get myself together while you go upstairs from the basement and see if your mommy will make you some mac'n cheese.

I thought family was out of bounds at DP?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 12:58 PM
You're not, and you are who I'm talking about.

Need some remedial reading comprehension classes or what?

pete311
01-03-2018, 12:59 PM
You're not, and you are who I'm talking about.

Need some remedial reading comprehension classes or what?

You're on a roll today! Congrats!

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 01:00 PM
You're on a roll today! Congrats!
You haven't seen anything yet.

Ask Jimmy about the "old days."

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 01:02 PM
You haven't seen anything yet.
Makes me think of Mick from natural born killers.

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 01:18 PM

I know it's said to be funny, but different strokes for different folks. Some will see it as a true insult and going after their moms. Please don't bring up family members, even if we think we're just being funny.

For example, my Mom passed in 2010. If someone says similar to me, it would likely agitate me, because Mom is gone. :(

And pete311 - you are correct, it is out of bounds. Understand though, the way that he wrote it, "IMO" it was just a typical dig "tell your Mom to make me a "sammich" or something dumb like that. Not for a second do I think he meant to insult your Mom or bring her into a discussion. BUT, with that said, I see where you're coming from, and I don't want anyone to feel insulted about their Mom's. Mom's are too sacred in my book.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 01:40 PM
I know it's said to be funny, but different strokes for different folks. Some will see it as a true insult and going after their moms. Please don't bring up family members, even if we think we're just being funny.

For example, my Mom passed in 2010. If someone says similar to me, it would likely agitate me, because Mom is gone. :(

And @pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821) - you are correct, it is out of bounds. Understand though, the way that he wrote it, "IMO" it was just a typical dig "tell your Mom to make me a "sammich" or something dumb like that. Not for a second do I think he meant to insult your Mom or bring her into a discussion. BUT, with that said, I see where you're coming from, and I don't want anyone to feel insulted about their Mom's. Mom's are too sacred in my book.
Yes obviously I wasn't trying to insult his mother. The referral to his mother was made in passing. So if the rule is not to mention, AT ALL, ones family, that's a pretty broad rule but I'll abide by it.

I hope you're happy, little boy, that your report to Jimmy got me SCOLDED. You knew damn well I wasn't trying to impune your mom in any shape, way or form, you pathetic little bastard.

jimnyc
01-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Yes obviously I wasn't trying to insult his mother. The referral to his mother was made in passing. So if the rule is not to mention, AT ALL, ones family, that's a pretty broad rule but I'll abide by it.

I hope you're happy, little boy, that your report to Jimmy got me SCOLDED. You knew damn well I wasn't trying to impune your mom in any shape, way or form, you pathetic little bastard.

I know you weren't. And I agree it's very very broad. Probably based on a case by case thing. Most likely staff wouldn't say a peep unless it's outright obvious someone is having their direct family member attacked. But if someone also feels so indirectly in a case like this, then it's better to err on the side of the person angered.

You weren't scolded my friend. Everything took place right out here for all to see. Just a discussion IMO about how we all post, and how things can be taken differently by one person to the next. Either way, I don't think you did anything wrong, based on my perception, and I have a sneaky suspicion by the majority. But I also understand why someone would be upset, based on how they read it and how raw their feelings are and what not. No biggy, we all move forward. :)

aboutime
01-03-2018, 02:08 PM

There ya go thinkin' again petey. Don't take it personally. In order to talk about family. You FIRST,...have to have one.:laugh: So you're out of danger.

Elessar
01-03-2018, 04:33 PM

And pete311 - you are correct, it is out of bounds. Understand though, the way that he wrote it, "IMO" it was just a typical dig "tell your Mom to make me a "sammich" or something dumb like that. Not for a second do I think he meant to insult your Mom or bring her into a discussion. BUT, with that said, I see where you're coming from, and I don't want anyone to feel insulted about their Mom's. Mom's are too sacred in my book.

Mine just passed this July, and it still hurts.

I leave family off-limits when it comes to joking or snide remarks.
Praise a kid or loved one for something accomplished, or laugh with
others over a boo-boo is far different.

Gunny
01-03-2018, 08:50 PM
I reserve the right to make fun of my own family. It's like f-n Married with Children around here. Just when you think it can't get any dumber, the SIL declares war on the tree squirrel :laugh:

STTAB
01-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Any time someone complains about someone attacking their mom on a message board I think of the scene from Road House

"what if they call my momma a whore?"

"is she?"