PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd ahead of their time.

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 04:24 PM
China plans to land a lander and rover on the dark side of the moon in 2018.

So cool.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11137&stc=1

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 06:05 PM
China plans to land a lander and rover on the dark side of the moon in 2018.

So cool.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11137&stc=1
One of my all time favorite albums. I saw Pink Floyd in concert at Camp Randal in Madison. First concert they had ever had there.

I had this buddy back in my high school days and I'd go down his place, and we'd put stereo speakers in the windows and blast this album, smoke a little "weak" pot, and play Frisbee in his front yard. That was fun.

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:08 PM
One of my all time favorite albums. I saw Pink Floyd in concert at Camp Randal in Madison. First concert they had ever had there.

I had this buddy back in my high school days and I'd go down his place, and we'd put stereo speakers in the windows and blast this album, smoke a little "weak" pot, and play Frisbee in his front yard. That was fun.
Was roger waters there for that one ?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Was roger waters there for that one ?
I couldn't tell ya. My little sister was working at this place called FULL COMPASS, and they sold and rented high end full concert equipment, and they got comp tickets to see Pink. Well my sister wasn't a real fan of Floyd so she wondered if I wanted to go with this other girl she worked with, well SURELY I accepted that. That was around... wow... IDK... I'd have to "GOOGLE IT."

After the band started I never saw so much pot passed around in my life. There was a joint coming from EVERY direction, left, right, front and back. Just take a hit and keep passing... unreal.

They did fly the big pink pig down the tether over the stadium though, was cool. Great laser show too. Must have looked awesome even from outside the stadium.

https://www.concertarchives.org/concerts/pink-floyd-at-camp-randall-stadium-july-3-1994

24 years ago.

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:13 PM
I couldn't tell ya. My little sister was working at this place called FULL COMPASS, and they sold and rented high end full concert equipment, and they got comp tickets to see Pink. Well my sister wasn't a real fan of Floyd so she wondered if I wanted to go with this other girl she worked with, well SURELY I accepted that. That was around... wow... IDK... I'd have to "GOOGLE IT."

After the band started I never saw so much pot passed around in my life. There was a joint coming from EVERY direction, left, right, front and back. Just take a hit and keep passing... unreal.

They did fly the big pink pig down the tether over the stadium though, was cool.
What year was it ?

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 06:26 PM

They did fly the big pink pig down the tether over the stadium though, was cool. Great laser show too. Must have looked awesome even from outside the stadium.

https://www.concertarchives.org/concerts/pink-floyd-at-camp-randall-stadium-july-3-1994

24 years ago.

I “don’t really remember” an Eric Clapton concert for similar reasons. Let’s just say I regained a conscious brain when the music stopped, lol.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 06:27 PM
What year was it ?
July 3rd, 1994.

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:28 PM
July 3rd, 1994.
No waters.

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:29 PM
I “don’t really remember” an Eric Clapton concert for similar reasons. Let’s just say I regained a conscious brain when the music stopped, lol.
So did Clapton more than likely.

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 06:32 PM
So did Clapton more than likely.

Lol! If he can play like that in the condition I was in, he truly is amazing!

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:34 PM
Lol! If he can play like that in the condition I was in, he truly is amazing!
I heard he lay down on stage cause he could not stand up. And they still cheered for him.

Abbey Marie
01-03-2018, 06:36 PM
I heard he lay down on stage cause he could not stand up. And they still cheered for him.

Could have. Heck, for all I knew I could have laid down on the stage.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 06:41 PM
No waters.
Hmmm... well, sounded like Pink Floyd to me. Couldn't have been a better concert. No one STANDING, no one UNRULY, just a good time and great music.

Black Diamond
01-03-2018, 06:42 PM
Hmmm... well, sounded like Pink Floyd to me. Couldn't have been a better concert. No one STANDING, on one UNRULY, just a good time and great music.
Could be. I heard they put on quite the show.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Could be. I heard they put on quite the show.
Wish I'd have had a nice digital camera like I have now. The back of the stage had a big circle, and it kept changing colors and shape and such. Probably changed more after I had my fill of all those SPLIFS that were being passed around... :laugh:

Had these little pods that were floating around in front of the stage too, probably for filming the concert.