PDA

View Full Version : Outrage in Turkey After State Agency Says Girls Can Marry From Age 9

jimnyc
01-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Just like the good 'ol days when Muhammed was around. Outrage my ass. HOW the hell did this even become a question? How did it get into their government to be a question? Who votes for something like this? Disgusting.

---

Outrage in Turkey After State Agency Says Girls Can Marry From Age Nine

ANKARA, Turkey (AFP) — Turkey’s religious affairs state agency came under heavy criticism on Thursday from the main opposition party after it said girls as young as nine could marry under Islamic law.

The Diyanet religious affairs directorate said on Tuesday the minimum age for girls to marry was nine, while for boys it was 12, according to Turkish media including the Hurriyet daily quoting the agency’s official website.

The post, which took the form of an explanatory statement on Islamic law, has since been taken down, after a backlash from the opposition and women’s rights groups.

The head of the High Commission of Religious Affairs Ekrem Keles on Thursday told Hurriyet that the earliest age for a girl to marry is 17 and 18 for a boy.

“Forget a nine or a 10 year old child marrying, a child at 15 should not marry and should not be married,” he said.

The legal age to get married in Turkey is 18.

But Turkish law says that in an extraordinary circumstance, a judge can give permission for a male and female aged 16 to marry.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2018/01/05/outrage-turkey-state-agency-says-girls-can-marry-age-nine/

Black Diamond
01-05-2018, 01:10 PM
Just wait until the US Supreme Court says the same thing.

GravyBoat
01-05-2018, 03:12 PM
The age of consent in California (the state is named after a Muslim hymn) was 10 years-old before about the 1870s.

:salute:

Gunny
01-05-2018, 07:29 PM
The age of consent in California (the state is named after a Muslim hymn) was 10 years-old before about the 1870s.

:salute:The average person in the 1800s, especially the early-mid-1800s was lucky to live 40 years. Old maid by 20. Most people got married around 16 and a 16 years old then worked harder from sunup to sunset in day than today's 20+ years old children do in 5 years. They also left home around age 16 as opposed to 35 nowadays.

The rules suited the times.

Drummond
01-05-2018, 07:30 PM

... umm .... generally speaking, the world is meant to be getting MORE civilised, not LESS ... ? Human society ideally betters itself, over time, not regresses to earlier barbarisms.

Your point - even if true - has no value. Unless it's to remind us that so-called 'hardline' Islam only has the effect of rooting its practitioners in those earlier times, set never to progress, improve, enhance the human condition.

Gunny
01-05-2018, 07:36 PM
... umm .... generally speaking, the world is meant to be getting MORE civilised, not LESS ... ? Human society ideally betters itself, over time, not regresses to earlier barbarisms.

Your point - even if true - has no value. Unless it's to remind us that so-called 'hardline' Islam only has the effect of rooting its practitioners in those earlier times, set never to progress, improve, enhance the human condition.He was trying to be funny, Drummond. He fancies himself a master of witty sarcasm.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-05-2018, 08:02 PM
So... if this new decree that 9 year olds can marry under islamic law is facing backlash, then... what... are they saying their PROPHET was a PEDOPHILE? Are they saying their PROPHET was WRONG?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Yes way back in colonial days girls married as early as right after puberty. Once they were physically able to bear children they were considered a woman, not a child. But as Gunny pointed out, if you lived to be 40 you were an OLD PERSON. We live TWICE that long now and then some, and we know that even though an 11 or 12 year old may have completed puberty, they're still MENTALLY a CHILD. They were back in the old days too, but life was hard and they had to grow up fast. Things are a lot different now, thank God.

Gunny
01-05-2018, 08:08 PM
So... if this new decree that 9 year olds can marry under islamic law is facing backlash, then... what... are they saying their PROPHET was a PEDOPHILE? Are they saying their PROPHET was WRONG?I doubt it will fly. Turkey is a nationalistic state that has at least so far kept its ragheads in check. They believe in country first.

They could be a serious problem -- probably bigger than Iran -- if they fall to the Dark Side.

Drummond
01-05-2018, 08:36 PM
He was trying to be funny, Drummond. He fancies himself a master of witty sarcasm.

H'm. I didn't spot any attempt at humour. My thinking was that maybe this was a Leftie thinker trying to denigrate America's past for an agenda-driven purpose.

Not sure if I'd be wise to conclude that most if not all his posts are attempts to be funny, then ...:rolleyes:

aboutime
01-05-2018, 08:38 PM

So Gravy. If you had 9 year old daughter, and you lived in CALI-FORNICATION. Would you be happy with a Harvey WEINSTEIN promising her she would become a star, before taking her virginity away?

https://www.theunitedwest.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/hqdefault-1.jpg

Drummond
01-05-2018, 08:41 PM
I doubt it will fly. Turkey is a nationalistic state that has at least so far kept its ragheads in check. They believe in country first.

They could be a serious problem -- probably bigger than Iran -- if they fall to the Dark Side.

Totally agree.

There's been talk for a very long time about Turkey's ambition to become a full member of the EU ... which would open the floodgates to a far greater extent than now for Muslims to swamp all corners of EU territory. I somehow doubt that the EU will ever let Turkey realise its ambition. But, if it did ... there'd be an unprecedented insisted-upon imperative for all its Member States to fall in line with Muslim barbarities, all in the name of 'political correctness' and so-called 'progressive thinking' ....

Gunny
01-05-2018, 09:16 PM
H'm. I didn't spot any attempt at humour. My thinking was that maybe this was a Leftie thinker trying to denigrate America's past for an agenda-driven purpose.

Not sure if I'd be wise to conclude that most if not all his posts are attempts to be funny, then ...:rolleyes:You just hit the nail on the head. He's trying to be satirical. Could use a few more classes if you ask me. Orwell would be appalled.

GravyBoat
01-05-2018, 11:15 PM
So Gravy. If you had 9 year old daughter, and you lived in CALI-FORNICATION. Would you be happy with a Harvey WEINSTEIN promising her she would become a star, before taking her virginity away?

https://www.theunitedwest.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/hqdefault-1.jpg

That's an absurd question and has nothing to do with anything I said. No, I wouldn't marry off a my 9-year old daughter to Harvey Weinsten or any other gypsy. Now, if it were the Chairman of General Motors, okay.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-05-2018, 11:21 PM
That's an absurd question and has nothing to do with anything I said. No, I wouldn't marry off a my 9-year old daughter to Harvey Weinsten or any other gypsy. Now, if it were the Chairman of General Motors, okay.
How about George Soros... he's richer than the chairman of GM?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-06-2018, 11:36 AM
When they get enough power here they will demand it here too.
It is in the Koran, and we infidels have no right to deny any of the commands in the Koran!
That is why muslims kill infidels, the audacity of any of them to demand that they change in anyway.
no matter how big or small that demand may be.
Islam is the most intolerant, dedicated, organized and extremely violent human entity on earth!!!!
A reality that infidels are being brainwashed to not believe, brainwashed even by our own government.
AND THAT TRUTH/RELITY MY FRIENDS JUST MAY GET YOU AND/OR YOUR CHILDREN/GRANDCHILDREN MURDERED IN THE FUTURE.
FOR ISLAM PLANS ON DOING JUST THAT--AS A 1400+ YEAR HISTORY SO CLEARLY AND WITHOUT QUESTION REVEALS..

Islam only stops(temporarily) when forced by a greater power to do so.
It is relentless and most mimics the cold-hearted unrelenting destructive goals of all-conquering -Borg -- of any other group on earth!!
WAKE THE DAMN HELL UP AMERICA!!!!!
THESE FILTHY DOGS WANT TO CONVERT OR ELSE MURDER YOU, ALL OF YOU, ITS THEIR ONLY GOAL........... --TYR

GravyBoat
01-06-2018, 12:40 PM
How about George Soros... he's richer than the chairman of GM?

I played your sick game once, now you can go play with yourself.

aboutime
01-06-2018, 03:25 PM

Gravy. He can't do that until YOU take your hand out of his pocket.

aboutime
01-06-2018, 03:27 PM

Gravy.. ABSURD, you say? YOU BROUGHT IT UP. Your liberal stupidity is showing again.

Taco Junkie
01-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Just like the good 'ol days when Muhammed was around. Outrage my ass. HOW the hell did this even become a question? How did it get into their government to be a question? Who votes for something like this? Disgusting.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2018/01/05/outrage-turkey-state-agency-says-girls-can-marry-age-nine/

They're called muslims Jim and when they get power this is the kind of crap they put in. Put this out to any and every libtard spouting about immigration.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-06-2018, 06:01 PM
"MY game?"

YOU are the one that said you'd marry your 9 year old daughter off to the chairman of GM... you must have forgot... numb nuts.

GravyBoat
01-07-2018, 01:22 PM
Gravy.. ABSURD, you say? YOU BROUGHT IT UP. Your liberal stupidity is showing again.

No, I didn't bring it up you knee jerk reactionary neocon snowflake, I merely stated a historical fact about California's age of consent, which stimulated your diseased mind into action. So you can knock it off now, AboutTime, I'm through playing your little mind games.

GravyBoat
01-07-2018, 01:26 PM
"MY game?"

YOU are the one that said you'd marry your 9 year old daughter off to the chairman of GM... you must have forgot... numb nuts.

I don't have a 9 year-old daughter you snowflake balless wonder.

aboutime
01-07-2018, 04:00 PM

Gravy. Think about that! Maybe you should be kind enough to GIVE HIS BALLS back to him since you seem to have your hands in everyone else's pocket lately. So YOU are responsible for anyone you call balless. Possession used to be 9/10th's of the Law. GIVE 'EM BACK.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Balless isn't a word, you ignorant twit.

But according to you, if you DID have a 9 year old daughter you'd be fine with her marrying an old guy, if he was rich.

We all saw you say it, pecker head.

Elessar
01-07-2018, 06:00 PM

I do not like California although forced to live there by Uncle Sam, but it was NOT named after a Muslim Hymn.
You are off your damn meds again.

Elessar
01-07-2018, 06:05 PM

Again....You threw the dice.

Accept the roll.

You just cannot accept you are a social shit-head.

Gunny
01-07-2018, 06:48 PM
I do not like California although forced to live there by Uncle Sam, but it was NOT named after a Muslim Hymn.
You are off your damn meds again.California was was named by Spanish conquistadors after a mythical paradise called Calafia.

GravyBoat
01-07-2018, 10:35 PM
You are off your damn meds again.

Califia was regaled in literature and song, dim bulb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafia

aboutime
01-07-2018, 10:48 PM
Califia was regaled in literature and song, dim bulb.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etymology_of_California

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafia

Gravy. Thanks for proving you really are as unstable as we thought. Look at how defensive you are, always having to prove something that DOESN'T MEAN SHIT to anyone, other than you.
Nobody but you cares about your "Califa" B.S. And calling someone a dim bulb, while you suffer from the lack of power to even light a match is comical. You should contact your sister Nancy Pelosi...the Devout, Liberal Catholic who goes to Confession to apologize for being stupid...like you!

By the way. Wiki is noted for people changing facts to suit their ignorance, by re-writing history for themselves.

GravyBoat
01-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Gravy. Thanks for proving you really are as unstable as we thought. Look at how defensive you are, always having to prove something that DOESN'T MEAN SHIT to anyone, other than you.
Nobody but you cares about your "Califa" B.S. And calling someone a dim bulb, while you suffer from the lack of power to even light a match is comical. You should contact your sister Nancy Pelosi...the Devout, Liberal Catholic who goes to Confession to apologize for being stupid...like you!

By the way. Wiki is noted for people changing facts to suit their ignorance, by re-writing history for themselves.

You're off your nut. Flipped your lid. Up a tree. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-08-2018, 12:54 PM

Lol! You have no idea who you are calling ball-less.

Black Diamond
01-08-2018, 12:57 PM
But if you had a 9 year-old daughter, you would let the Chariman of GM deflower her. Charming you are.

If obama had a son....

if Gravy had a daughter.

aboutime
01-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Lol! You have no idea who you are calling ball-less.

Abbey. Great point! I guess we should be calling Gravy, and petey....
"OUR GELDING friends"????

GravyBoat
01-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Abbey. Great point! I guess we should be calling Gravy, and petey....
"OUR GELDING friends"????

And we can call you Tugboat Annie.

aboutime
01-09-2018, 08:26 PM
And we can call you Tugboat Annie.

You can call me anything you like, Gravy-GELDING.