PDA

View Full Version : GOP senators request criminal investigation of Trump dossier author

jimnyc
01-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Time to move forward. :)

---

GOP senators request criminal investigation of Trump dossier author

Two Republican senators are asking the Department of Justice to open a criminal investigation into Christopher Steele, the author of a controversial opposition research dossier on President Trump.

Sens. Chuck Grassley (Iowa) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.) sent a letter to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray asking that they investigate if the former British intelligence agent lied to federal authorities.

"I don’t take lightly making a referral for criminal investigation. But, as I would with any credible evidence of a crime unearthed in the course of our investigations, I feel obliged to pass that information along to the Justice Department for appropriate review,” Grassley said in a statement.

Graham added that "after reviewing how Mr. Steele conducted himself in distributing information contained in the dossier and how many stop signs the DOJ ignored in its use of the dossier, I believe that a special counsel needs to review this matter."

The letter is the first known criminal referral from any of the congressional investigations into Russia's election interference.

As part of their request, the two senators passed along a memo tied to "certain communications between Christopher Steele and multiple U.S. news outlets." They did not publicly release the memorandum, which is classified.

The referral is the latest sign of partisan splintering of the Judiciary Committee's wide-ranging investigation into Russia, the 2016 election and potential political interference of the FBI.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), the top Democrat on the panel, blasted the letter as the latest attempt by GOP lawmakers to turn the committee's focus away from Trump.

"I think this referral is unfortunate as it’s clearly another effort to deflect attention from what should be the committee’s top priority: determining whether there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia to influence the election and whether there was subsequent obstruction of justice," she said.

Rest - http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/367631-gop-senators-request-criminal-investigation-of-trump-dossier-author

GOP Senators Ask Justice Department for Criminal Probe of Trump Dossier Author

-An innocent explanation ‘seems unlikely,’ Grassley says
-Dossier by former spy Christopher Steele is Republican focus

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley asked the Justice Department Friday to investigate whether the author of a salacious dossier on Donald Trump made false statements to federal investigators.

Grassley and fellow Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina took the unusual step of asking Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to investigate the report’s author, former British spy Christopher Steele.

“As I would with any credible evidence of a crime unearthed in the course of our investigations, I feel obliged to pass that information along to the Justice Department for appropriate review,” Grassley said. “Maybe there is some innocent explanation for the inconsistencies we have seen, but it seems unlikely. In any event, it’s up to the Justice Department to figure that out.”

Graham said that he wants a special counsel to review how Steele conducted himself in distributing information contained in the dossier and how the Justice Department used it. The senators’ concerns in this case center around Steele’s answers about the distribution of details from the dossier.

"The rule of law depends on the government and all who work on its behalf playing by the rules themselves. I hope the Department of Justice will carefully review our letter and take appropriate action,” Graham said.

Rest - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-05/grassley-asks-justice-for-criminal-probe-of-trump-dossier-author

del
01-05-2018, 07:38 PM
this is hilarious.

the trump stooges in the senate expect everyone to believe that the fbi is full of *leftists* and *deep staters* who willfully will not prosecute a crime?

:laugh:

h.l. mencken was right.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5q4XBa5jsy8C&pg=PA174&dq=%22No+one+in+this+world,+so+far+as+I+know+%E2%8 0%94+and+I+have+searched+the+records+for+years%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjj0bKfjMLYAhUDd98KHdZQAagQ6AEIJzAA#v=on epage&q=%22No%20one%20in%20this%20world%2C%20so%20far%20 as%20I%20know%20%E2%80%94%20and%20I%20have%20searc hed%20the%20records%20for%20years%22&f=false

aboutime
01-05-2018, 08:41 PM
this is hilarious.

the trump stooges in the senate expect everyone to believe that the fbi is full of *leftists* and *deep staters* who willfully will not prosecute a crime?

h.l. mencken was right.

https://books.google.com/books?id=5q4XBa5jsy8C&pg=PA174&dq=%22No+one+in+this+world,+so+far+as+I+know+%E2%8 0%94+and+I+have+searched+the+records+for+years%22&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjj0bKfjMLYAhUDd98KHdZQAagQ6AEIJzAA#v=on epage&q=%22No%20one%20in%20this%20world%2C%20so%20far%20 as%20I%20know%20%E2%80%94%20and%20I%20have%20searc hed%20the%20records%20for%20years%22&f=false

You are just jealous del. Jealous they didn't mention a leftist, deep state lover like you.

Elessar
01-05-2018, 08:46 PM
this is hilarious.

h.l. mencken was right.

Pfft!

Recall the Obama age when everything was swept under the carpet?

aboutime
01-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Pfft!

del was probably the janitor....doing the sweeping too!

del
01-05-2018, 08:53 PM
You are just jealous del. Jealous they didn't mention a leftist, deep state lover like you.

are you this stupid in real life?

del
01-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Pfft!

no, but then, i'm not a right wing nut job

is it like the child sex ring in the pizza parlor?

you know, imaginary?

Drummond
01-05-2018, 08:56 PM
this is hilarious.

h.l. mencken was right.

... and what, then, was their approach to Hillary Clinton ??

Just as a hint .... see this ....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?61463-feds-investigating-Clinton-foundation&p=891084#post891084

President Trump achieved his position of power from a platform of promising to 'drain the swamp'. Do you seriously state as 'fact' that the FBI never qualified for such action ?

aboutime
01-05-2018, 08:57 PM
are you this stupid in real life?

Only when I try to be just like you, and copy everything you do, and say! YOU set the example to make everyone like you.

Elessar
01-05-2018, 08:59 PM
no, but then, i'm not a right wing nut job

is it like the child sex ring in the pizza parlor?

you know, imaginary?

Say What?

Are you siffing glue or something Sonny?

Left Wing nut jobs did a number to this nation, Del.

Inhale more and delude more.

del
01-05-2018, 09:00 PM
... and what, then, was their approach to Hillary Clinton ??

President Trump achieved his position of power from a platform of promising to 'drain the swamp'. Do you know for a fact that the FBI never qualified for such action ?

save it for the true believers, son.

del
01-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Say What?

Are you siffing glue or something Sonny?

no, short round, i'm not *siffing* glue or sniffing it, for that matter

the irony of your average right winger being pinned to the left side of the bell curve never fails to deliver.

hold tight to the belief that the fbi needs the guidance of chuckleheads like graham and grassley to do their job

i'm sure it will work out fine in the end

drain the swamp!

Drummond
01-05-2018, 09:23 PM

Aha. A 'one liner', completely devoid of substance.

Well, that's me put in my place, then !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You come across, to me, as one of those Lefties who expects people to believe what he prefers them to believe, for no other good reason than that the preference exists.

Well, sorry ... us non-Leftist types deal with the REAL world. Facts, realities, are faced, not ignored or dismissed.

Elessar
01-05-2018, 09:24 PM
no, short round, i'm not *siffing* glue or sniffing it, for that matter

the irony of your average right winger being pinned to the left side of the bell curve never fails to deliver.

hold tight to the belief that the fbi needs the guidance of chuckleheads like graham and grassley to do their job

i'm sure it will work out fine in the end

drain the swamp!

Short round to NO ROUND:

The irony of a bleeding left winger is they are the muffled bell clapper....only
coming out if the rag breaks.

I'll hold tight that the FBI (capital letters) needs to be cleaned.

Previous Admin was criminal, and needs to be brought in to a trubunal.

Snort more glue, lefty...

aboutime
01-05-2018, 09:27 PM

del. Never call ANYONE your son. We all know, the best part of you ran down your daddy's leg to prevent anyone from using ROE V. WADE to exclude you entirely from the human race.