PDA

View Full Version : My baby left me

Trigg
08-14-2007, 08:26 AM
My youngest left for kindergarten today without hardly a backwards glance. He was so excited to be getting on the bus with everyone else. He was up and dressed (spent the night in his older brothers room) by the time I got dowstairs and had his backpack on while I was brushing his teeth.

Around here the highschool/middle school/elementary all get on at the same time and switch busses at the elementary. So he didn't have to get on by himself. He turned and yelled bye as he stepped on.

There was lots of crying (me) and hugging, then my husband told me to go inside.

The house is so quiet.

Jon
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
I am *not* looking forward to that day.

Exciting and sad at the same time.

diuretic
08-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Trigg - congratulations, you brought up a well-balanced child. I am not kidding when I say you deserve a medal.

red states rule
08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
My youngest left for kindergarten today without hardly a backwards glance. He was so excited to be getting on the bus with everyone else. He was up and dressed (spent the night in his older brothers room) by the time I got dowstairs and had his backpack on while I was brushing his teeth.

Around here the highschool/middle school/elementary all get on at the same time and switch busses at the elementary. So he didn't have to get on by himself. He turned and yelled bye as he stepped on.

There was lots of crying (me) and hugging, then my husband told me to go inside.

The house is so quiet.

Enjoy these times. Before you know it, he will be asking for the car keys, and saying he has a date

Pale Rider
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
I am *not* looking forward to that day.

Exciting and sad at the same time.

Home school. I would if I had a child that age.

My late brothers daughter, my niece, is home schooling their four kids. Her husband is a Marine. They're just wonderful kids.

I drove a school bus one summer just for some extra cash when I owned my own business. To a little young one, there may be times when that school bus isn't much fun, even under the watchful eye of the driver. They get away with a lot of monkey business.

darin
08-14-2007, 10:33 AM
My son starts Kindergarten on the 4th of September. I'm taking the day off work - we're driving he and his sister to skewl. He'll be done by noon, so we'll pull his sister out of class and take them to Chuck E Cheeses - as is our tradition (which ends this year, unless we have another bay-bee).

Was tougher on me to see his sister start skewl, because she was/is my little girl.

red states rule
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
My son starts Kindergarten on the 4th of September. I'm taking the day off work - we're driving he and his sister to skewl. He'll be done by noon, so we'll pull his sister out of class and take them to Chuck E Cheeses - as is our tradition (which ends this year, unless we have another bay-bee).

Was tougher on me to see his sister start skewl, because she was/is my little girl.

Even when she gets married - she will ALWAYS be your little girl. That bond will never be broken

darin
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Dont get me started. :-/ :(

red states rule
08-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Dont get me started. :-/ :(

When I read your post I rememebred a scene from All In The Family. Archie was playing wth Gloria, trying to box with her like he did when she was a kid

He told her "Come on, like you were when you were a little girl"

She did not want to and said "I am not your little girl anymore"

Archie got the most serious look on his face and said "Don't you ever tell me that again. You will always be my little girl"

A very touching moment

darin
08-14-2007, 10:42 AM
okay already. Knock it off aight? :-/

:(

red states rule
08-14-2007, 10:46 AM
okay already. Knock it off aight? :-/

:(

OK.

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 10:49 AM

red states rule
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM

The house is so quiet.

You did a fine job raising the young lad. Congrats!!

Trigg
08-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Trigg - congratulations, you brought up a well-balanced child. I am not kidding when I say you deserve a medal.

Thanks so much!!!!

Trigg
08-14-2007, 12:20 PM

My husband took today off and was able to pick him up from school.

At least with my work schedule we will be there to put him on the bus and I can pick him up. No more daycare.

My husband brought him by to see me and then went to lunch. He had a GREAT day since he had some kids from his daycare class in school with him

Good luck with your son, it'll be a sad day.

darin
08-14-2007, 12:22 PM
It'll be bitter-sweet for my wife. Our son is 'her' boy. She's sad to see him growing up - but she's looking forward to her few-hours-per-day of "her" time. :)

She's an introvert - she 're-charges' by being lone.

Trigg
08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Even when she gets married - she will ALWAYS be your little girl. That bond will never be broken

That's a sweet thing to say. You're going to make me start crying all over again and this wasn't even directed at me

red states rule
08-14-2007, 12:43 PM
That's a sweet thing to say. You're going to make me start crying all over again and this wasn't even directed at me

The same goes for you as well. Your son gets married 0 he will still be your little guy

Think about the day you can show all his baby pics to his wife (with him having to watch you)

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 12:53 PM

red states rule
08-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Red states has a sweet side ........who knew?

Everyone who knows me

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 01:16 PM

red states rule
08-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Then maybe you should ask yourself why you refuse to let some people know you?

When do refuse to let people get to know me?

darin
08-14-2007, 01:37 PM
eh? You two talking in some kinda code?

red states rule
08-14-2007, 01:39 PM
eh? You two talking in some kinda code?

No, but I do not find it shocking a lib like TM is surprised I have a "sweet side"

darin
08-14-2007, 01:40 PM
No, but I do not find it shocking a lib like TM is surprised I have a "sweet side"

what do you drive?

red states rule
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
what do you drive?

why?

darin
08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
you mentioned your 'sweet ride' :)

red states rule
08-14-2007, 01:46 PM
you mentioned your 'sweet ride' :)

sweet side not ride

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 01:49 PM

red states rule
08-14-2007, 01:51 PM
I think I see something in your mistake of not putting "I" in that sentance.

OK

How I prevent people from getting to know me?

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 02:01 PM

darin
08-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Are you two married?

red states rule
08-14-2007, 02:10 PM
Are you two married?

Yea, the secret is out

TM and I have a simple way of keeping our love alive. Once per week we go out to dinner and spend the evening with the one we love

I go on Tuesday

She goes on Thursday

darin
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Open Marriage eh? :)

red states rule
08-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Open Marriage eh? :)

I knew our "marriage" was in trouble when she told me she wanted to have sex in the back seat of the car

and she wanted me to drive

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 02:24 PM

red states rule
08-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Leave me out of your sexual fantasys RSR.

You mean more like a nightmare

darin
08-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Leave me out of your sexual fantasys RSR.

for all we know, you might be hot! :D

jackass
08-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Both of mine are in school. Seemed like yesterday I was putting in my liitle girl. Where the hell did the time go??? :(

Trigg
08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Both of mine are in school. Seemed like yesterday I was putting in my liitle girl. Where the hell did the time go??? :(

I thought the same thing this morning. My oldest is a freshman this yr, I remember his first day, with his name tag on a a big gap toothed smile.

red states rule
08-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I thought the same thing this morning. My oldest is a freshman this yr, I remember his first day, with his name tag on a a big gap toothed smile.

Before you know it you will be watching the grand kids

-Cp
08-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Er.. what's so sad about them going to Kindergarten?

manu1959
08-14-2007, 08:48 PM

The house is so quiet.

i hated that day....i have a picture of him that day lookin at me.....he looks so old and wise......he is all of 9 now....went away for a week to "camp" this summer.......worst week of my life so far.....

my daughter is 4......

every day is a joy....and hell....wouldn't trade it for anything.....

red states rule
08-15-2007, 03:43 AM
i hated that day....i have a picture of him that day lookin at me.....he looks so old and wise......he is all of 9 now....went away for a week to "camp" this summer.......worst week of my life so far.....

my daughter is 4......

If you had that reaction when they left for a few hours to go to kindergarten. how will you handle the day they get married?

Trigg
08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
Before you know it you will be watching the grand kids

That is not even funny!!!!!!

Trigg
08-15-2007, 01:49 PM

my daughter is 4......

Ya, my 2 oldest go to camp every summer for a week....I hate it....the house just isn't the same without them.

red states rule
08-15-2007, 01:49 PM
That is not even funny!!!!!!

Not intended to be - it will hoppen one day

But then you will have the fun. You can spoil the kids, then send them home with their parents

Trigg
08-15-2007, 01:52 PM
Er.. what's so sad about them going to Kindergarten?

1. My baby is growing up and I don't have anymore at home

2. The house is just to quiet

3. I MISS HIM!!!!!!!!

4. He's my baby

5. He's my baby

red states rule
08-15-2007, 01:53 PM

3. I MISS HIM!!!!!!!!

4. He's my baby

5. He's my baby

He will always be your baby - that will never change

Trigg
08-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Not intended to be - it will hoppen one day

But then you will have the fun. You can spoil the kids, then send them home with their parents

*fingers stuffed in ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

red states rule
08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
*fingers stuffed in ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA

Trigg, don't you see you will be able to put the parent curse on them? How many times will you tell your kids "I hope one day you have a child just like you"

Then you can sit back and watch them deal with their own kids and you will smile and say "Having a problem there son?"

Trigg
08-15-2007, 01:56 PM
He will always be your baby - that will never change

On a happier note, he tells me his class is fun and he has 2 new friends.

His older brother (4th grade) walked him to class again today....and when I picked him up he was all smiles.

He's taking a nap now, two days of getting up early and working hard at school have worn him out.:laugh2:

red states rule
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
On a happier note, he tells me his class is fun and he has 2 new friends.

His older brother (4th grade) walked him to class again today....and when I picked him up he was all smiles.

He's taking a nap now, two days of getting up early and working hard at school have worn him out.:laugh2:

Enjoy this time Trigg - it is a joy I never will never be able to experience

Trigg
08-15-2007, 02:04 PM
it is a joy I never will never be able to experience

???

red states rule
08-15-2007, 02:05 PM
???

Never had any children. I was married for 15 years - but my wife could not have kids

-Cp
08-15-2007, 02:42 PM

3. I MISS HIM!!!!!!!!

4. He's my baby

5. He's my baby

Been thru this 4 times so far - My wife and I love the peace and quiet - in fact, one of our favorite times of the year is the fall when the kids get to go back to school! :)

red states rule
08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Been thru this 4 times so far - My wife and I love the peace and quiet - in fact, one of our favorite times of the year is the fall when the kids get to go back to school! :)

I remember the Staples ad showing the parents dancing thru the store and kids walking slowly behind them with their heads hanging

The music is the song "It is the most wonderful time of the year"

jackass
08-15-2007, 08:10 PM
If you had that reaction when they left for a few hours to go to kindergarten. how will you handle the day they get married?

I know I am going to be a blubbering crying mess when my daughter gets married! I warn my wife already!

red states rule
08-16-2007, 06:37 AM
I know I am going to be a blubbering crying mess when my daughter gets married! I warn my wife already!

True, but will any guy she brings home to meet you, pass your inspection? Will you be like Robert De Niro and hook him up to a polygraph before you give your blessing? :laugh2:

jackass
08-16-2007, 08:59 AM
True, but will any guy she brings home to meet you, pass your inspection? Will you be like Robert De Niro and hook him up to a polygraph before you give your blessing? :laugh2:

Hopefully I wont be that bad. Besides...thats what her overprotective younger brother is for! :)

red states rule
08-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Hopefully I wont be that bad. Besides...thats what her overprotective younger brother is for! :)

So now the guy has to get past BOTH of you :lol:

Oh well, I am sure you are raising her right - so she will pick the right guy

Trigg
08-16-2007, 04:25 PM

I think this time hit me harder because when I walked back inside, the house was empty. Before when I sent one off to school I still had 2 or 3 inside waiting for me.

actsnoblemartin
08-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Why, the crying?, what made you so sad?

The house is so quiet.

red states rule
08-17-2007, 04:29 AM
I think this time hit me harder because when I walked back inside, the house was empty. Before when I sent one off to school I still had 2 or 3 inside waiting for me.

Don;t worry - one day the house will be filled with grandchildren. The holidays will be more fun and filled with more love then you have now