PDA

View Full Version : DONE Playing The Lottery...

High_Plains_Drifter
01-07-2018, 01:00 PM
... as far as the Powerball and the Megamillions goes. They just keep jacking up the price of the game and lowering the payouts, not to mention the odds are about the absolute worst on the planet, and not to mention I've wasted so much money of those damn games that if just had that money BACK, it would be like WINNING the thing.

The scratch off tickets don't have the huge jackpots, but they're a DAMN sight LUCKIER. Just last year I regularly hit $5 on $5 tickets, and a few doubles and triples, just the other day hit $30 and last summer hit $100. If I am in the whole I wouldn't say it's by much. One good win of a grand would put me way in the clear for a long time.

But those other two games, Powerball and Megamillions, I'm done, period, no more. Might as well drive down the highway and throw money out the fucking window.

GravyBoat
01-07-2018, 01:44 PM
It seems you've realized that gambling is wrong, the table is always in favor of the house, the veil is rent, so good luck with your awakening. Now you'll have money to invest in your future. Just imagine if you'd have "gambled" on Bitcoins just a few years ago, you'd likely be a millionaire today.

I know a lot of self-professed "Born Again Christians" who gamble, they won't actually invest in their future, they consider Wall Street gambling but actual gambling is virtuous. No, the real money will always be in industrious society, not the society of gaming which is a subsidiary of Sodom and Gomorrah.

60s TV was full of Westerns showing gambling as family fun, when in reality gambling is sinful and destroys families and communities. States with lottos and gambling are diseased, Illinois has gambling statewide, but the state itself is financially bankrupt. That's because moral bankruptcy always precedes financial bankruptcy.

LongTermGuy
01-07-2018, 03:09 PM
... as far as the Powerball and the Megamillions goes. They just keep jacking up the price of the game and lowering the payouts, not to mention the odds are about the absolute worst on the planet, and not to mention I've wasted so much money of those damn games that if just had that money BACK, it would be like WINNING the thing.

The scratch off tickets don't have the huge jackpots, but they're a DAMN sight LUCKIER. Just last year I regularly hit $5 on $5 tickets, and a few doubles and triples, just the other day hit $30 and last summer hit $100. If I am in the whole I wouldn't say it's by much. One good win of a grand would put me way in the clear for a long time.

But those other two games, Powerball and Megamillions, I'm done, period, no more. Might as well drive down the highway and throw money out the fucking window.

I buy only one ticket for mega and powerball....I enjoy the thrill....(won a few times small stuff and paid for original investment many times over)

Game I like and enjoy now is Lucky for Life...Pick my own numbers...2 bucks a ticket and better chance of wining for the small stuff...two weeks ago won $150 (investment $8)...winning $5...10...20 and $25 bucks many times....

https://media.giphy.com/media/pDgHg2Lcju3Ty/giphy.gif

High_Plains_Drifter
01-08-2018, 10:32 AM
It seems you've realized that gambling is wrong, the table is always in favor of the house, the veil is rent, so good luck with your awakening. Now you'll have money to invest in your future. Just imagine if you'd have "gambled" on Bitcoins just a few years ago, you'd likely be a millionaire today.

I know a lot of self-professed "Born Again Christians" who gamble, they won't actually invest in their future, they consider Wall Street gambling but actual gambling is virtuous. No, the real money will always be in industrious society, not the society of gaming which is a subsidiary of Sodom and Gomorrah.

60s TV was full of Westerns showing gambling as family fun, when in reality gambling is sinful and destroys families and communities. States with lottos and gambling are diseased, Illinois has gambling statewide, but the state itself is financially bankrupt. That's because moral bankruptcy always precedes financial bankruptcy.
I lived in LAS VEGAS and RENO, NV for EIGHT YEARS, so I know all about gambling.

I live a very comfortable life, because I've already invested in my future.

darin
01-09-2018, 08:37 AM
maybe we start a go-fund-me thing - an advertisement/awareness campaign. If we can get 100,000 people to take just ONE lottery ticket purchase and instead give to us, we'll give that money to a disabled vet.

pete311
01-09-2018, 09:06 AM
The lotto is a tax, nothing more, nothing less. Why pay more in taxes.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-09-2018, 10:49 AM
The lotto is a tax, nothing more, nothing less. Why pay more in taxes.
I've heard it called a "stupid tax" before.