PDA

View Full Version : Trump contradicts self repeatedly in immigration meeting

pete311
01-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Trump contradicts self repeatedly in immigration meeting
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/donald-trump-immigration-contradictions/index.html

At the end of the session, Trump suggested that ultimately, he would sign whatever he was presented with.
"I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," Trump said. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it. Because I respect them."

Abbey Marie
01-09-2018, 07:44 PM
That's funny. I just saw that he received bipartisan praise for the meeting.

pete311
01-09-2018, 07:46 PM
That's funny. I just saw that he received bipartisan praise for the meeting.

Of course, he's getting out of the way

Black Diamond
01-09-2018, 07:49 PM
Another CNN link. Next time Pete gives anyone a hard time for a source....

pete311
01-09-2018, 08:44 PM
Another CNN link. Next time Pete gives anyone a hard time for a source....

Oh look, another useless troll comment from BD.

aboutime
01-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Trump contradicts self repeatedly in immigration meeting
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/donald-trump-immigration-contradictions/index.html

At the end of the session, Trump suggested that ultimately, he would sign whatever he was presented with.
"I think my positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," Trump said. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it. Because I respect them."

petey. The only CONTRADICTION here is....YOU! But we can't blame you. You were born that way. Your parents knew they had a choice....Abortion, or You....a contradiction in terms.

Black Diamond
01-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Oh look, another useless troll comment from BD.
keep posting from CNN and I'll keep jabbing.

Gunny
01-09-2018, 09:11 PM
January 9, 2018OAN NewsroomPresident Trump met with senators from both sides of the aisle about immigration reform.
He outlined his terms for DACA and border security during Tuesday’s meeting.
Congress is scrambling to come up with a DACA solution as the administration continues to push for immigration reform.
The president has been clear on his demands for what a DACA fix should look like, saying it must include funding for a southern border wall.
However, creating a permanent fix to DACA may not be easy as Democrats have vowed to vote against any legislation that includes funding for a border wall.
This comes as House lawmakers from both sides of the aisle say they have reached a compromise on border security as well as a fix regarding legal status for so-called dreamers.
Top House Republican Will Hurd and Democrat Pete Aguilar released the details of their plan Sunday, laying the potential groundwork for legislation.
The bill would allow an eventual path to citizenship for DACA recipients based on certain requirements, while eliminating family-based chain migration.
It would also give operational control of the wall to the department of Homeland Security by the year 2020.
Additionally, the legislation suggests adding more immigration judges and attorneys to cut down on the extreme backlog of cases stifling the courts.
Hurd said the proposed legislation is a foundation, and if other provisions need to be added to the bill it’s something that can be agreed upon on through dialogue.
Other GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill have echoed similar sentiments on the plan, saying a possible bill could hit the Senate floor later this month.
http://www.oann.com/pres-trump-meets-with-senators-to-discuss-immigration-reform/

Not sure how this matches up with the thread title. Looks to me like a preliminary meeting with promises to meet again.

GravyBoat
01-09-2018, 10:55 PM
petey. The only CONTRADICTION here is....YOU! But we can't blame you. You were born that way. Your parents knew they had a choice....Abortion, or You....a contradiction in terms.

AT, your comment is way over the line. Next time, I suggest that you try to foment an argument and not hate. Think. Try and reason. Be like The Little Train That Could.

Gunny
01-09-2018, 11:08 PM
AT, your comment is way over the line. Next time, I suggest that you try to foment an argument and not hate. Think. Try and reason. Be like The Little Train That Could.:smoke:

Elessar
01-09-2018, 11:50 PM
AT, your comment is way over the line. Next time, I suggest that you try to foment an argument and not hate. Think. Try and reason. Be like The Little Train That Could.
You should follow your own 'example'. You've been trolling forums for years trying to act all sanctimoninous and just turn out to be a bigoted jerk.

GravyBoat
01-10-2018, 02:22 AM
You should follow your own 'example'. You've been trolling forums for years trying to act all sanctimoninous and just turn out to be a bigoted jerk.

Thank you for that charming review of my time here.

:clap:

aboutime
01-10-2018, 03:51 PM

My comments are NEVER way over any line as long as I TELL THE TRUTH.

pete311
01-12-2018, 08:21 AM
So a bipartisan deal was reached after saying he'll sign whatever they came up with, because he respected them, guess what, Trump rejected it. And called third world nations a shithole. Class.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-12-2018, 09:30 AM
So a bipartisan deal was reached after saying he'll sign whatever they came up with, because he respected them, guess what, Trump rejected it. And called third world nations a shithole. Class.
First off, this so called "bipartisan deal" was worse than a JOKE. The "deal" was nothing more than a disgusting example of just what kind of PARTISAN HACKS there are in Washington.
Second, president Trump SHOULD have rejected it. EVERY republican in Washington should have rejected it.
Third, PROVE president Trump called Haiti a shit hole... prove it... let's have the NAME of the PERSON that HEARD HIM, not just UNNAMED SOURCE SAID... we want a NAME... PROVE he said it.
Fourth, I don't give a GREASY RATS ASS if he DID call Haiti a SHIT HOLE, because IT IS. I'LL call Haiti a SHIT HOLE. Who gives a flying FUCK?

pete311
01-12-2018, 09:53 AM
First off, this so called "bipartisan deal" was worse than a JOKE. The "deal" was nothing more than a disgusting example of just what kind of PARTISAN HACKS there are in Washington.
Second, president Trump SHOULD have rejected it. EVERY republican in Washington should have rejected it.
Third, PROVE president Trump called Haiti a shit hole... prove it... let's have the NAME of the PERSON that HEARD HIM, not just UNNAMED SOURCE SAID... we want a NAME... PROVE he said it.
Fourth, I don't give a GREASY RATS ASS if he DID call Haiti a SHIT HOLE, because IT IS. I'LL call Haiti a SHIT HOLE. Who gives a flying FUCK?

Tell that to this guy
https://www.army.mil/article/168635/from_port_au_prince_to_west_point_maryland_guards_ first_graduate

High_Plains_Drifter
01-12-2018, 10:05 AM
Tell that to this guy
https://www.army.mil/article/168635/from_port_au_prince_to_west_point_maryland_guards_ first_graduate
Why? If he's from Haiti then he already knows it's a shit hole.

GravyBoat
01-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Trump only appears to contradict himself, he's in fact simply playing 5-D Chess, the game will resolve itself with The Wall being built, all illegal immigrants are deported, national crime rates plummet, all real Americans are employed, and Israel gets another trillion dollars from our US Treasury.

Wake up, Trump wears a technicolor dreamcoat, he's the reincarnation of David.

:salute:

pete311
01-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Sen Dirk Durbin and Paul Ryan have confirmed Trump's "shithole" comments.

Black Diamond
01-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Trump is right. Haiti is a shithole. Got anything else ?

pete311
01-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Trump is right. Haiti is a shithole. Got anything else ?

Haiti is no worse than rural America. Especially the deep south.

Black Diamond
01-12-2018, 02:29 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11155&stc=1

pete311
01-12-2018, 02:49 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11155&stc=1

How's that Iran deal going?

Gunny
01-12-2018, 03:15 PM
So a bipartisan deal was reached after saying he'll sign whatever they came up with, because he respected them, guess what, Trump rejected it. And called third world nations a shithole. Class.Incorrect. He did not call 3rd world nations a shithole. He named specific countries that ARE shitholes and called them shitholes.

Not a lot of diplomacy and IMO could have been left unsaid, but what he said is essentially true. You couldn't GIVE me Haiti. Half the island that comprises Haiti and Dominican Republic is basically shaved to the ground of any plant life. Guess which half?

Nothing makes us responsible for those places nor their people. As far as I'm concerned, he could add cutting aid entirely to a bunch more shitholes we throw money at yet remain shitholes.

We try "nation-building" in shitholes and the left cries. We don't, the left cries. Is there a break-even point here?

aboutime
01-12-2018, 04:36 PM

petey. You are so full of SHIT, like those shitholes you've never seen. Flushing a toilet near you would make your BROWN EYES float.

GravyBoat
01-12-2018, 08:35 PM

There's counties in Alabama with hardly any White folks, so yes, there's places in the Deep South that are as bad as Haiti. But at least in the Deep South you can get watermelon and fried chicken almost anywhere you go, Haiti, not so much. These are just simple facts of existence not racially bigoted statements. However, what President Trump said was racially bigoted because it's mean to call a country a "shithole" even if it is in fact a horrible place. One of the jobs of a president is to always say nice things.

Elessar
01-12-2018, 08:49 PM

Then why did so many Hatians try to leave? Kind of kept the CG, Navy, Canadians, and French a bit busy during
the mass exit. Poppa Doc was NOT a good leader - just lazy and greedy sucking the scant money off the population.

People in the rural areas do not leave. They hike up their
bootstraps and press on, unlike welfare city people who lay around
and cry that nobody supports them.

You must be a city boy who would get completely lost in a rural area.

Gunny
01-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Then why did so many Hatians try to leave? Kind of kept the CG, Navy, Canadians, and French a bit busy during
the mass exit. Poppa Doc was NOT a good leader - just lazy and greedy sucking the scant money off the population.

People in the rural areas do not leave. They hike up their
bootstraps and press on, unlike welfare city people who lay around
and cry that nobody supports them.

You must be a city boy who would get completely lost in a rural area.Oh, I missed THIS little gem. Haiti's no worse than rural America esp in the Deep South?

BULLSHIT :bs1::bsflag:

You have NO idea what you are talking about, Pete. But I will give you this ... there ARE shome shithole neighborhoods in the Deep South comparable to Haiti .... In Arkansas where they put the last load of Haitian boat people we took in.

Drummond
01-12-2018, 09:59 PM

Aww ... diddums !!! :rolleyes3:

Here's the thing, Pete ... Lefties do all they can to create a 'politically correct' environment, in which certain thoughts and statements just 'aren't allowed', because they fall outside of 'acceptable' attitudes.

In this way, the Left hopes to govern what people think and believe. It doesn't particularly matter to them whether or not the truth is being stifled, just so long as PREFERRED lines are taken.

Say, then, Trump - shock, horror !! - calls a country a 'shithole'. The correct thing to do is to assess this in terms of whether it's TRUE, and not - as a Leftie would do - dismiss it out of hand, because it reflects a form of attitude that the Left just 'cannot allow'.

You, Pete, hear the word 'shithole', and go into demonisation mode automatically, because it's the preferable (to you) thing to do.

NEVER MIND WHAT'S TRUE. Just demonise what you don't want people to be free to think.

If you had your way, you'd turn Trump into a mindless 'PC' automaton, never straying from preferred thinking.

Well, guess what ? Trump calls a spade a spade.

And you just can't stand it, can you ?:crying33:crying33:scared::scared:

Abbey Marie
01-13-2018, 12:47 PM
Ironically, Haiti might be a little less of a ****hole, if the Clinton Foundation didn't steal the funds raised for it.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 01:01 PM
Ironically, Haiti might be a little less of a ****hole, if the Clinton Foundation didn't steal funds raised for it.Doubtful. AT had been there so he can address specifics better than I, but the basic thing there is the land itself has been stripped of all natural resources. The Dominicans won't even let them come near the border. The Haitians just take and use and discard with no thought to the future, regeneration, conservation of anything but probably their pot plants. The people are ignorant and have over decades and decades shown no interest in doing any work to make it better. If they need a board they cut down a tree. The tree does not get replaced.

And that is not racist. It's fact. Calling it racist is just a default accusation by lefties who are as ignorant to the situation in Haiti as the Haitians are rotating crops. One of the bigger problems with the left especially but out society as a whole now in general is an unwillingness or fear of calling a pig a pig.

aboutime
01-13-2018, 09:26 PM
Doubtful. AT had been there so he can address specifics better than I, but the basic thing there is the land itself has been stripped of all natural resources. The Dominicans won't even let them come near the border. The Haitians just take and use and discard with no thought to the future, regeneration, conservation of anything but probably their pot plants. The people are ignorant and have over decades and decades shown no interest in doing any work to make it better. If they need a board they cut down a tree. The tree does not get replaced.

And that is not racist. It's fact. Calling it racist is just a default accusation by lefties who are as ignorant to the situation in Haiti as the Haitians are rotating crops. One of the bigger problems with the left especially but out society as a whole now in general is an unwillingness or fear of calling a pig a pig.

Right you are Gunny. The one, outstanding thing I did notice while there, only for about an hour. Was the lack of tree's, or green anything. After all of the hurricane, and earthquake damage they have experienced, plus the lack of political help from the so-called leaders. Haiti is the best example of SH*T HOLE anyone could ever see.
It's sad to see. And the other thing I remember most....The children could smile.

See all of the TREE'S????
http://travel.davidmbyrne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/street-port-au-prince-haiti.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/Street_view_in_Cap_Haitien%2C_Haiti.jpg

American Millenials wouldn't last an hour there. And I know...they wouldn't SMILE.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVSrBi2rZmG9et40A8XXWcYIV2Ab9s5 t6ajBzUXzyOLk9pLSDQ

Gunny
01-13-2018, 09:36 PM
Ironically, Haiti might be a little less of a ****hole, if the Clinton Foundation didn't steal the funds raised for it.Did you hear? Latest is they are calling for the Clinton Foundation to be investigated. Good thing that self-aggrandizing blimp took the opportunity of the 8th Anniversary of Haiti's EQ to draw attention to herself at the same time Haiti suddenly became a hot topic.

One can only hope.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-14-2018, 08:29 AM
Did you hear? Latest is they are calling for the Clinton Foundation to be investigated. Good thing that self-aggrandizing blimp took the opportunity of the 8th Anniversary of Haiti's EQ to draw attention to herself at the same time Haiti suddenly became a hot topic.

One can only hope.
Investigation after investigation after investigation after investigation... and NOTHING ever happens. NO ONE, EVER, goes to jail.

I have honestly LOST FAITH in our government. I think they're ALL corrupt, those who break the law, and those who's job it is to hold those people accountable and DON'T.