PDA

View Full Version : Joe Arpaio Running For Ariz. Senate

Gunny
01-09-2018, 10:38 PM
January 9, 2018OAN NewsroomPresident Trump’s close ally, Sheriff Joe Arpaio, is throwing his hat in the ring for an Arizona Senate seat.
The former Maricopa County sheriff — known for his tough stance on illegal immigration — made the announcement via Twitter on Tuesday.
The Republican said he’s entering into the race solely to support President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” agenda.
“I have fought on the front line to prevent illegal immigration, and I know Donald Trump will stand with me and other crowds of Americans to secure our border,” stated Arpaio.
The sheriff is looking to take over outgoing GOP senator Jeff Flake’s seat, who has been a harsh critic of the president.
The 85-year-old has several challengers in the race, including Republicans Kelli Ward and Martha McSally.
http://www.oann.com/joe-arpaio-running-for-ariz-senate/

Just NO. I hope he gets knocked out early so there's a chance to salvage the seat. I just don't see him happening. He's too controversial. I realize he has his fans, but liking his unconstitutional approach to running a jail and piss-poor treatment of prisoners does not a good Senator make. Besides, he's old enough to be MY dad.

del
01-09-2018, 10:57 PM
maybe trump can do for him what he did for roy moore.

Gunny
01-09-2018, 11:13 PM
maybe trump can do for him what he did for roy moore.Won't matter if the Dems do for Arpaio what they did for Moore by busing in a bunch of out of state voters and having a dingbat make an unproven, 40 years old allegation against him.

I have no idea how or where Trump stands in AZ. Let's see ... he's 85 .... so he gets a 60 years old unsubstantiated allegation, right? Problem is, I think AZ has voter registration laws. Darn the luck.

I don't care who is supporting Arpaio. I wouldn't. Unless Hillary tries to run against him.

del
01-09-2018, 11:28 PM
Won't matter if the Dems do for Arpaio what they did for Moore by busing in a bunch of out of state voters and having a dingbat make an unproven, 40 years old allegation against him.

I have no idea how or where Trump stands in AZ. Let's see ... he's 85 .... so he gets a 60 years old unsubstantiated allegation, right? Problem is, I think AZ has voter registration laws. Darn the luck.

I don't care who is supporting Arpaio. I wouldn't. Unless Hillary tries to run against him.

alabama's republican secretary of state says there was no voter fraud in the moore election.

Alabama's Republican Secretary of State John Merrill tried to make it as clear as possible that widespread voter fraud did not occur in Alabama's special Senate election that saw Democrat Doug Jones pull off a shocking upset over embattled Republican Roy Moore. During an interview with CNN, Merrill, who voted for Moore, outlined some of the voter fraud claims his office has had to deal with in the weeks that followed Jones's surprise victory and Moore's refusal to concede the race (http://www.businessinsider.com/roy-moore-facebook-posts-not-concede-2017-12).
Merrill's office received roughly 120 complaints of voter fraud, mostly from sources outside Alabama, and roughly 70% had already been investigated and adjudicated. Janet Porter, a Moore spokeswoman, said earlier on CNN that the chances of voter fraud not having an effect on the election were astronomically low.
"People are entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to their own facts," Merrill said, then detailing some of the voter fraud claims.
He mentioned some of the claims, including one that five busloads of black voters from Mississippi came into the state to vote, which he said was proven false after an investigation. He also noted a claim that three van loads of Mexicans from Mexico came into the state to cast ballots and were identified and incarcerated, which he also said was completely untrue. A third involved a claim that 5,000 people had voted in the 2,200 person town of "Bordalama," which he said was impossible because the town does not exist.

"So that was completely fabricated and made up," he said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/alabama-secretary-of-state-destroys-roy-moore-voter-fraud-2017-12

as to the allegations, everyone in that little town in alabama sure seemed to remember that roy liked them young.

hillary must have told them to.

Gunny
01-09-2018, 11:58 PM
alabama's republican secretary of state says there was no voter fraud in the moore election.

http://www.businessinsider.com/alabama-secretary-of-state-destroys-roy-moore-voter-fraud-2017-12

as to the allegations, everyone in that little town in alabama sure seemed to remember that roy liked them young.

hillary must have told them to.The politicians can say what they want. Like the one who doesn't like Moore. The interviews shown live and in color told a different story. Dems can't help but brag when they pull off some shit and get over. They hauled people in at the last minute. Tald to the Dems about their ComSec, not me. I wasn't there or I'd have voted for the Republican. I'm as much Alabaman as I am Texan. At least I'd be legally registered.

I saw the interviews with the people from that 'little Alabama town". That isn't what any of them said. What was said was to the effect of "In 1970s Alabama, parents of a 16 years old girl would be right proud if a DA was looking at her". And it the 70s, that was true. Don't act like you weren't around :poke: The rules were different then and judging people now who lived by the rules of the day then is just bullshit. We got away with a LOT more shit then than is acceptable to the PC elitist sticks in the mud now. Either way, the allegation was never proven and the woman changed her story a couple of times.

Elessar
01-10-2018, 12:13 AM
Won't matter if the Dems do for Arpaio what they did for Moore by busing in a bunch of out of state voters and having a dingbat make an unproven, 40 years old allegation against him.

I agree.

He was good at his job when others wanted the liberal behavior.

Senate? No!

mundame
01-10-2018, 10:00 AM
85 years old...................

I'm going to say he's having a hard time adjusting to retirement.

del
01-10-2018, 10:11 AM
The politicians can say what they want. Like the one who doesn't like Moore. The interviews shown live and in color told a different story. Dems can't help but brag when they pull off some shit and get over. They hauled people in at the last minute. Tald to the Dems about their ComSec, not me. I wasn't there or I'd have voted for the Republican. I'm as much Alabaman as I am Texan. At least I'd be legally registered.

I saw the interviews with the people from that 'little Alabama town". That isn't what any of them said. What was said was to the effect of "In 1970s Alabama, parents of a 16 years old girl would be right proud if a DA was looking at her". And it the 70s, that was true. Don't act like you weren't around :poke: The rules were different then and judging people now who lived by the rules of the day then is just bullshit. We got away with a LOT more shit then than is acceptable to the PC elitist sticks in the mud now. Either way, the allegation was never proven and the woman changed her story a couple of times.

the rules were never that it's okay for a 30 something to go sniffing around teenagers no matter what you want me to believe.

you can run that bullshit on the kids, but i was alive in the 70s and i know better

i can tell you what i'd call a 30 yo who came sniffing around my 14 year old daughter- the late 30 yo

also, if the republican secretary of state, who voted for moore, says there was no voter fraud, then there was no voter fraud, no matter what the flying monkeys in the blogosphere are trying to sell you.

Gunny
01-10-2018, 10:21 AM
the rules were never that it's okay for a 30 something to go sniffing around teenagers no matter what you want me to believe.

you can run that bullshit on the kids, but i was alive in the 70s and i know better

i can tell you what i'd call a 30 yo who came sniffing around my 14 year old daughter- the late 30 yo

also, if the republican secretary of state, who voted for moore, says there was no voter fraud, then there was no voter fraud, no matter what the flying monkeys in the blogosphere are trying to sell you.That it not correct. Thirty-somethings have always sniffed around teenagers. The more rural the area, the blurrier the lines.

I don't believe the Secretary of State. Simple as that. I expect him to say nothing else. Doesn't make it true just because you got the outcome you wanted. I've never known anyone on the left that ever committed voter fraud. That's what they say ....

GravyBoat
01-10-2018, 12:44 PM
I'd rather they run Sheriff Buford Pusser.

:coffee:

Gunny
01-10-2018, 06:29 PM
I'd rather they run Sheriff Buford Pusser.

:coffee:He's dead. Arpaio hasn't quite made it that far.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 07:50 AM
I like sheriff Joe, but 85... aaaaaa... I'd say it's time to hang up the guns.

Evidence of Voter Fraud in Alabama As Mobile County Results Come In Late

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/evidence-voter-fraud-alabama-mobile-county-results-come-late/