PDA

View Full Version : Bar tenders

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 09:29 PM
Every night they put on an act. Nodding their heads, etc.

Gunny
01-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Every night they put on an act. Nodding their heads, etc.Not that I'd know anything about bars ... seems to me it would depend on what kind of bar and how busy they are. The busier the bar, the more of an act you get.

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Not that I'd know anything about bars ... seems to me it would depend on what kind of bar and how busy they are. The busier the bar, the more of an act you get.
I almost mentioned you. You were bouncer. I think they have been acting like they cared for centuries. Part of the job.

Gunny
01-11-2018, 10:04 PM
I almost mentioned you. You were bouncer. I think they have been acting like they cared for centuries. Part of the job.It's hard to tell. I went out and partied with most of our bartenders. They're people too. It also depends on gender. Ours were females. They have to be careful to not get to close. Most drunks are talkers, so they tip good for someone to listen to them. Unless they want to, they can't give off the wrong signals.

I guess you could call it an act of sorts. They sure can remember a LOT of shit (drinks/orders) AND pretend they're listening to the barflies. You figure if they're busy, they're hearing every other sentence. In larger bars/clubs that are popular/busy, they're mostly paid for their T&A anyway. Skills are secondary. Drunks are very forgiving for good T&A :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 10:17 PM
I did a lot of bartending back in the day, I liked it. Even filled in one night at the world famous nudie bar, the Mustang Bar, in Las Vegas for a friend. I bartended fill in at the Montana Bar just a couple buildings down from there and knew the owner and a lot of the people that worked there. I was a bar back in another nudie bar called The Whiskey A-GO-GO when I was 18 in Madison that got shut down one night after a Badgers game for over occupation, (owned by the Mafia), I bartended on and off in the topless bar where I met my last wife in Tampa, the Seven Seas, that's still there, went full nude, and I bartended at the Buffalo Lake Lodge, classy joint on Buffalo Lake in Montello, WI, The Avenue, The Blackhawk, LJ's, The Eagles Nest... sheez... I'm probably forgetting a couple. I made good money. I'd work 3 days a week and make more money than most of my friends that were putting in a 40 hour week.

I used to drive Zamboni at the Medalist Ice Arena in Madison, and one of our FIGURE SKATER INSTRUCTORS was the WIFE of a nudie bar owner just off the square, the name if it escapes me right at the moment, I think it was the Mustang, but she invited me there, no cover and free drinks, and then wondered if I wanted to bartend there because she knew I had worked at the Whiskey.

Maybe I shouldn't be telling some of these stories... I had a wild streak in me... had to get it over with. I'm all calmed down now... :rolleyes: