PDA

View Full Version : School: 1967 vs. 2007

gabosaurus
08-14-2007, 02:43 PM
My best friend Beth sent this to me. It would be funny if it wasn't so true.

SCHOOL 1967 vs. 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1967 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1967 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1967 - Ants die.

2007 - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Homeland Security and FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Heather. Heather hugs him to comfort him.

1967 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007 - Heather is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM

theHawk
08-14-2007, 02:52 PM
You do realize that most of those cases would be true because of liberal policies right?

darin
08-14-2007, 02:53 PM
http://www.d-mphotos.com/images/applause.gif

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 02:54 PM

truthmatters
08-14-2007, 02:55 PM

darin
08-14-2007, 02:56 PM
You can live in a world of fiction but its still fiction.

eh? He spoke the truth - not that truth matters to you. :) Every single '2007' comment can be traced to modern moon-bat liberalism, as far as I can tell.

Mr. P
08-14-2007, 03:05 PM

It's not fiction when a 7 yr old girl gets arrested for having a key chain with tweetie bird hanging on the end because the chain is 8" long and called a weapon! It's over reactive liberal BULLSHIT!

*Yep that happened here*

nevadamedic
08-14-2007, 03:13 PM
I Think this thread backfired on Gabby. I am impressed that she didn't make personal attacks in it though. Maybe she is growing up or learning from her constant banning :laugh2:

It's not fiction when a 7 yr old girl gets arrested for having a key chain with tweetie bird hanging on the end because the chain is 8" long and called a weapon! It's over reactive liberal BULLSHIT!

*Yep that happened here*

I would have an attorney and shit wowuld hit the fan!

Gaffer
08-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I graduated from high school in 1965. Everything in that post is very accurate. That's the way it was back then. And unfortunately that's also the way it is in the 2007 scenario's, the usual knee jerk reactions. And it did back fire for gaby because all the 2007 bullshit mentioned there is due to liberals running the government and schools.

diuretic
08-14-2007, 11:36 PM
I graduated from high school in 1967. It was much more innocent then.

gabosaurus
08-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I should have known that nobody would be able to let down their guard and laugh (or cry) for a few minutes. Everything has to be turned into a "liberal vs. conservative" shit throwing contest. The thread didn't "backfire" on me. I am the only poster here who doesn't have shit on their hands (or otherwise).

diuretic
08-15-2007, 04:51 AM
I should have known that nobody would be able to let down their guard and laugh (or cry) for a few minutes. Everything has to be turned into a "liberal vs. conservative" shit throwing contest. The thread didn't "backfire" on me. I am the only poster here who doesn't have shit on their hands (or otherwise).

Not being rude but...........oi!.. I didn't chuck shit at you :laugh2:

I graduated from high school here in Australia, when I said "innocent" I really meant it. If I took a bit of time I could give you an Aussie version but it would mean nothing to North Americans and Brits because it would be so localised. But the intent of your post was clear to me because due to US cultural imperialism (settle down Pale, I'm only kidding :laugh2:) we are well aware of US popular culture (see, my use of "popular" culture means i know there's more than the culture that is presented to us via film and tv).

Pale Rider
08-15-2007, 11:17 AM

So... everything you say and do here is liberal agenda driven, but now you expect everyone else to "let their guard down?" The board "liberal moonbat" wants people to "let their guard down" after all the liberal horse shit we've seen YOU post here?

Get real. - - :uhoh:

Dilloduck
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM

LMAO--Everyone is screwed up because they didn't totally ignore your reputation for one post. What you say and do have consequences. This is one of em. Learn from it.

truthmatters
08-15-2007, 01:04 PM

truthmatters
08-15-2007, 01:06 PM

theHawk
08-15-2007, 01:07 PM

I take it you're speaking from personal experience.

truthmatters
08-15-2007, 01:10 PM

Trigg
08-15-2007, 01:15 PM
My best friend Beth sent this to me. It would be funny if it wasn't so true.

SCHOOL 1967 vs. 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.

1967 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1967 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends. Nobody goes to jail, nobody arrested, nobody expelled.

2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1967 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1967 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2007 - Billy's Dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their Dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1967 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.

2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.

1967 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.

2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.

1967 - Ants die.

2007 - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Homeland Security and FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated, Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Heather. Heather hugs him to comfort him.

1967 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2007 - Heather is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Welcome to Zero Tolerance laws where they arrest kindergarteners for sexual assault because a boy hugged a girl.....

Gaffer
08-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Where the Hell were you raised?

I went to high school in Garden Grove California. About two miles from where gaby lives now, based on what she has said about her location. Back then California wasn't the liberal empire it is now.

jackass
08-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Where the Hell were you raised?

Where the hell were you raised. I was raised in a small town in NJ and when I graduated high school (1990) things were pretty much the same for me.

Kathianne
08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Yes I have seen many do it.

Many do what? I believe the question was, you have first hand info going back to 60's, 70's, when some claim times were different?