PDA

View Full Version : At what point will Spanish be more widely spoken in the US than English ?

Black Diamond
01-13-2018, 09:19 AM
20 years?

GravyBoat
01-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Now you know how Native Americans feel.

Trump's Wall will do nothing but transfer trillions of dollars to Israel while penning us in for slaughter. We've long accepted our lot as "civilians" rather than citizens. The United States and US Constitution are on their death bed because Americans put their faith in the Jesus Jewish Messiah and Israel rather than simple Common Sense and a God of their own making.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Now you know how Native Americans feel.

Trump's Wall will do nothing but transfer trillions of dollars to Israel while penning us in for slaughter. We've long accepted our lot as "civilians" rather than citizens. The United States and US Constitution are on their death bed because Americans put their faith in the Jesus Jewish Messiah and Israel rather than simple Common Sense and a God of their own making.

rather than simple Common Sense and a God of their own making.

""""ha! they do that already, they call him man--as in each man can be his own God....
This concept is nothing more than preaching there is no God AND MAN CAN DAMN WELL DO AS HE PLEASE.
Why not just say that, instead of couching it in with other ideas/predictions????
Nobody that wants to destroy the Jews will succeed .Nobody that wants to destroy Christians will succeed.
All such evil vermin will reap a very just reward for their actions."""
If you disagree start a thread in the religion forum and be done with it.
I can and will teach you a FEW THINGS THERE.

BY THE WAY, MY GRANDFATHER WAS NATIVE AMERICAN AND I DARE SAY THAT I KNOW A HELLUVA LOT MORE ABOUT WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THAT WARFARE THAN YOU DO..
IT WAS WAR AND NEITHER SIDE FOUGHT LIKE ANGELS.

BACK ON TOPIC,
I SUSPECT ENGLISH TO END UP BEING A MINORITY LANGUAGE IN THIS NATION IN ABOUT 80 YEARS, IF IT SURVIVES THAT LONG.
DESTROY A NATION'S LANGUAGE, YOU'VE DESTROYED ITS CULTURE AND UNITY- THUS YOU'VE DESTROYED THE NATION..
A FACT, AND THAT IS WHY
MULTICULTURALISM IS A GLOBALIST AGENDA AND IS HAPPENING AROUND THE GLOBE. --Tyr

del
01-13-2018, 11:50 AM
20 years?

dos semanas como maximo

por que preguntas?

Black Diamond
01-13-2018, 11:54 AM
dos semanas como maximo

por que preguntas?
So any day now. :). I have a lot of cramming to do. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
01-13-2018, 11:56 AM
20 years?
Hopefully never.

But if democrats ever get back in power, it's surely to be sooner than later. They hate America. They hate white people. They hate Christians, patriotism and our history.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 12:30 PM
20 years?Con esparanza despues de que estoy muerto.

Abbey Marie
01-13-2018, 12:52 PM
So any day now. :). I have a lot of cramming to do. :)

Why? Just claim minority status, and sit back and watch the pesos roll in.

:coffee:

mundame
01-13-2018, 01:49 PM
20 years?

Maybe sooner. I don't know if you all have noticed that ALLLLLLLL the labels on food are now dual languages, to the point that it's hard to tell what the product is if it's not stacked right on the shelves (I don't read Spanish). And that all signage in both Home Depot and Lowes, at least the large ones, are all prominently in English and Spanish, same size lettering. Well, they have a lot of Mexican workmen coming into those places, I suppose. But my supermarket credit card machine often comes up with instructions in Spanish, not English --- and on and on.

I was just wondering how long it will be before both languages on labels and signs will be MANDATORY, not voluntary.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Maybe sooner. I don't know if you all have noticed that ALLLLLLLL the labels on food are now dual languages, to the point that it's hard to tell what the product is if it's not stacked right on the shelves (I don't read Spanish). And that all signage in both Home Depot and Lowes, at least the large ones, are all prominently in English and Spanish, same size lettering. Well, they have a lot of Mexican workmen coming into those places, I suppose. But my supermarket credit card machine often comes up with instructions in Spanish, not English --- and on and on.

I was just wondering how long it will be before both languages on labels and signs will be MANDATORY, not voluntary.There's a billboard by the McDonalds on the corner up the road that reads: "Learn to speak English. It's easy". Written in English. :smoke:

While Trump is at it on DACA, he should address this. If you can't speak, read and write English, Bye. I haven't been to one foreign country where the population in general has learned to speak English just for me. Usually if they speak it, it is to THEIR benefit.

mundame
01-13-2018, 02:59 PM
I have often said on forums, I don't see why I should learn Spanish just to talk to the pool boy! Let them learn English instead, if they want the work.

This generally goes over poorly..................heh-heh-heh.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 03:06 PM
I have often said on forums, I don't see why I should learn Spanish just to talk to the pool boy! Let them learn English instead, if they want the work.

This generally goes over poorly..................heh-heh-heh.They're mostly unskilled labor here.