PDA

View Full Version : Trey Gowdy resigns as House Ethics Committee member

pete311
01-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Trey Gowdy resigns as House Ethics Committee member
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-resigns-as-house-ethics-committee-member/article/2645870

LongTermGuy
01-13-2018, 08:26 PM
:rolleyes:
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Trey-Gowdy-Gives-Mueller-Vote-Of-Confidence-Americas-Newsroom-10-25-17-Screenshot-Fox-News-e1515861149391.png

"South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy resigned his membership on the House Committee on Ethics to concentrate on his other legislative duties...."

**His new position as Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee prompted the resignation, according to a letter (https://www.congress.gov/congressional-record/2018/01/11/house-section/article/H162-5) Gowdy sent to House Majority Leader Rep. Paul Ryan."

“Accordingly, I tender my resignation from the House Ethics Committee pending your designation of a replacement,” he told the Wisconsin Republican. “Thank you again for this opportunity and thank you to my colleagues on the Committee for their hard work and friendship.”
**>>>Gowdy was aware that being elected in June of last year to the House Oversight Committee, which is responsible for investigating congressional affairs, required him to cut loose one of the other committees in which he’s involved."

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/13/trey-gowdy-resigns-from-house-ethics-committee-amid-tumultuous-tenure/

aboutime
01-13-2018, 09:15 PM
Except for the fact that Gowdy is such a great, intelligent former prosecutor. Many were wishing Trump would have picked him as the A.G. of the U.S.. But his many positions in Congress are almost a Godsend. Anyone who knows they will eventually face this man, and be encouraged to answer questions....probably brings extra pairs of underwear with them to the hearings.
He's a Superman when it comes to LAW, and the CONSTITUTION.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 09:45 PM
Except for the fact that Gowdy is such a great, intelligent former prosecutor. Many were wishing Trump would have picked him as the A.G. of the U.S.. But his many positions in Congress are almost a Godsend. Anyone who knows they will eventually face this man, and be encouraged to answer questions....probably brings extra pairs of underwear with them to the hearings.
He's a Superman when it comes to LAW, and the CONSTITUTION.You know where I remember him from? Forensic Files :laugh: He was the DA of Spartanburg County, SC at the time and they had him on several episodes which was unusual because they rarely if ever had repeat performers.

I wish HE would run for President. And I said that before this past election. Got my vote.

LongTermGuy
01-13-2018, 09:49 PM
http://ih8hillary.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/gowdy-to-obama-fuck-you-video.jpg

​**Give 11 seconds for video to load...:salute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=47&v=ZVbKUIHhJqQ

http://ih8hillary.com/2016/10/21/gowdy-obama-fck-off-executive-order/

Gunny
01-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Like I said, got MY vote.

NightTrain
01-13-2018, 10:04 PM
Gowdy is a machine! He'd make one hell of a great AG for sure, but he's very important looking into scumbaggery where he is in the House.

I wouldn't mind seeing him run for Prez after Trump is finished fixing things in 2024.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Gowdy is a machine! He'd make one hell of a great AG for sure, but he's very important looking into scumbaggery where he is in the House.

I wouldn't mind seeing him run for Prez after Trump is finished fixing things in 2024.Traditionally no one from the same party runs against an incumbent President running for reelection. NOTHING is a guarantee anymore. IF Gowdy runs in the primaries against Trump, he'll get my vote.

I'm not real certain Trump is going to last even 3 more years. He's not Bill Clinton. The way the left hates him and is after him? They get a million tries. He only has to screw up once.

The other thing that bothers me GREATLY that Trump supporters keep saying is he's a guaranteed 8. That kind of arrogance cost Hitlery a shoe-in victory. Getting the vote of people who voted Hitlery out of office is not a guaranteed vote for Trump next time up. Jim even brought that up with the Alabama polls prior to the election. More than one person smells a rat.

LongTermGuy
01-13-2018, 10:44 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing him run for Prez after Trump is finished fixing things in 2024.

This ^^^ Thank you and PERFECT....

"He'd make one hell of a great AG for sure".....Man aint that a fact!:salute:

NightTrain
01-13-2018, 11:19 PM
Traditionally no one from the same party runs against an incumbent President running for reelection. NOTHING is a guarantee anymore. IF Gowdy runs in the primaries against Trump, he'll get my vote.

I'm not real certain Trump is going to last even 3 more years. He's not Bill Clinton. The way the left hates him and is after him? They get a million tries. He only has to screw up once.

The other thing that bothers me GREATLY that Trump supporters keep saying is he's a guaranteed 8. That kind of arrogance cost Hitlery a shoe-in victory. Getting the vote of people who voted Hitlery out of office is not a guaranteed vote for Trump next time up. Jim even brought that up with the Alabama polls prior to the election. More than one person smells a rat.

2024, man. That'll be the end of Trump's 2nd term.

And Trump will be our Prez for 8 years, much as the moonbats wish otherwise. Any hope they had vanished after 100% of the idiots voted against the tax cut for the middle class.

Gunny
01-13-2018, 11:38 PM
2024, man. That'll be the end of Trump's 2nd term.

And Trump will be our Prez for 8 years, much as the moonbats wish otherwise. Any hope they had vanished after 100% of the idiots voted against the tax cut for the middle class.We'll see. If he is, he is.

You overestimate the tax cuts. Half the country is going to hate them NO MATTER WHAT because they are told to. Underestimating your opponent is the quickest way I know of to get killed. Not much separates the Dems from a win in 16. All they have to do is turn their popular votes into electoral ones. And they're a wounded animal in case no one's noticed by the national meltdown. They'll come for blood this time around and any qualms about voting for a crook will be gone.

NightTrain
01-14-2018, 12:01 AM
We'll see. If he is, he is.

You overestimate the tax cuts. Half the country is going to hate them NO MATTER WHAT because they are told to. Underestimating your opponent is the quickest way I know of to get killed. Not much separates the Dems from a win in 16. All they have to do is turn their popular votes into electoral ones. And they're a wounded animal in case no one's noticed by the national meltdown. They'll come for blood this time around and any qualms about voting for a crook will be gone.

They're wounded animals, all right, and just as smart. What we see right now is confused death throes and not one of them is smart enough to step up and try to salvage things.

No way. They're finished.

No leadership, no message, no money, no unity. All they have is a seething hatred for Trump, and that ain't enough.

They have Perez and his merry muzzie henchman at the helm, and like any vehicle being run by a democrat, it's in a steep fatal nosedive. Who else is there? Pelosi? Schumer? They're nationally reviled. Commie Bernie isn't even a democrat, he's independent. Warren is done.

Oprah? :laugh2:

2018 is going to be a bloodbath, and then they'll dismantle the whole animal and try to retool and rebrand... but all they have now is anti Trump bullshit.

Elessar
01-14-2018, 12:42 AM
You know where I remember him from? Forensic Files :laugh: He was the DA of Spartanburg County, SC at the time and they had him on several episodes which was unusual because they rarely if ever had repeat performers.

I wish HE would run for President. And I said that before this past election. Got my vote.

Take my vote in a heartbeat.

Takes no prisoners at all.

Direct and fully with the Constituion...

What is wrong with that, Liberals?

Elessar
01-14-2018, 12:49 AM

Oprah? Someone is wiggling in the bottom of the bait box.
She hasn't the common sense of a rat snake, just racist with a big mouth.
I NEVER saw the sensation in her. Fat big-mouth, narrow-minded.

GravyBoat
01-14-2018, 04:25 AM
He's going to drain the swamp? Either that or the swamp is going to drain him.

Godspeed to him.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-14-2018, 08:06 AM
I like Gowdy, always have. I would vote for him as president too. But I want Trump to have 8 years to undo the damage the kenyan muslim dog turd did, and I don't think there's a better person in America right now to do just that, and for all his crudeness and sometimes sophomoric off the wall comments, I think Trump really does love America and wants to put all things American first, and he has been, and there's not much anything better than that in my book.

Gunny
01-14-2018, 02:03 PM
They're wounded animals, all right, and just as smart. What we see right now is confused death throes and not one of them is smart enough to step up and try to salvage things.

No way. They're finished.

No leadership, no message, no money, no unity. All they have is a seething hatred for Trump, and that ain't enough.

They have Perez and his merry muzzie henchman at the helm, and like any vehicle being run by a democrat, it's in a steep fatal nosedive. Who else is there? Pelosi? Schumer? They're nationally reviled. Commie Bernie isn't even a democrat, he's independent. Warren is done.

2018 is going to be a bloodbath, and then they'll dismantle the whole animal and try to retool and rebrand... but all they have now is anti Trump bullshit.You're nuts if you think they're finished. Not by a long shot.

NightTrain
01-14-2018, 02:43 PM
You're nuts if you think they're finished. Not by a long shot.

In the short term they are.

That whole hateful organization needs a top-to-bottom overhaul.

I can't think of even one positive aspect to the entire party that might be beneficial to the country, can you? Seriously, not even one.

Gunny
01-14-2018, 03:14 PM
In the short term they are.

That whole hateful organization needs a top-to-bottom overhaul.

I can't think of even one positive aspect to the entire party that might be beneficial to the country, can you? Seriously, not even one.

If overhaul means dibanded and started over by people who have minds capable of actual reasoning I agree. What they have that Trump does not is sheer weight in numbers that will bleat right up to the polls and do as they're told. Sucks, but it's effective. They don't really have to have a plan.

Trump does. He cannot say the same. The right is still divided. I'd say a lot will depend on the same as last time ... will the Dems drag out someone that scares them enough to vote anyway.

I can't think of much they've ever had to offer. They're STILL here and STILL a viable threat.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-14-2018, 04:21 PM
I heard on the news this morning that since Trump took office, another 200,000 of the illegal aliens have signed up for DACA.

If a DACA deal is had, then there should be a RETROACTIVE CUTOFF where those who hadn't signed up by a certain date, like when the KENYAN got his ass kicked out of the white house, do NOT qualify.

This is how the dems get their votes. I know it, you know, the man in the moon knows it. So if the GUTLESS republicans don't find their NUTS in their BALL SACK and play HARD BALL with the commie dems and put an END to this shit, then I TRULY will lose ALL FAITH in the republican party. We are just FUCKED no matter WHO is in power.

This shit HAS to stop at some point... I mean it HAS... TO... STOP. This INVASION of third world TRASH that the dems have been using for VOTES has to stop. We are going to LOSE OUR IDENTITY as AMERICA if it doesn't, period, end of story.

Is that what people want?

Gunny
01-14-2018, 07:30 PM
I heard on the news this morning that since Trump took office, another 200,000 of the illegal aliens have signed up for DACA.

If a DACA deal is had, then there should be a RETROACTIVE CUTOFF where those who hadn't signed up by a certain date, like when the KENYAN got his ass kicked out of the white house, do NOT qualify.

This is how the dems get their votes. I know it, you know, the man in the moon knows it. So if the GUTLESS republicans don't find their NUTS in their BALL SACK and play HARD BALL with the commie dems and put an END to this shit, then I TRULY will lose ALL FAITH in the republican party. We are just FUCKED no matter WHO is in power.

This shit HAS to stop at some point... I mean it HAS... TO... STOP. This INVASION of third world TRASH that the dems have been using for VOTES has to stop. We are going to LOSE OUR IDENTITY as AMERICA if it doesn't, period, end of story.

Is that what people want?A sad but true commentary, and the right has been as guilty as the left. Doing nothing to enforce the law in order to pander for votes/not alienate voters. I hope Trump realizes he can't afford to lose this one.

mundame
01-14-2018, 09:30 PM
Trey Gowdy does have a great look.

Abbey Marie
01-15-2018, 11:52 AM

Queue several women claiming sexual harassment.