PDA

View Full Version : Worst food

Abbey Marie
01-15-2018, 06:06 PM
What is the single worst everyday type of food, in your opinion?
We're not talking strange stuff from other cultures, like insects, brains, etc.

For me, it's Sloppy Joe. Just smelling it literally makes me gag.

Gunny
01-15-2018, 06:09 PM

For me, it's Sloppy Joe. Just smelling it literally makes me gag.Fish

Black Diamond
01-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Squash

Gunny
01-15-2018, 06:12 PM
SquashSliced yellow squash fried with onions. Yum

Black Diamond
01-15-2018, 06:13 PM
Sweet potatoes
yams

Black Diamond
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Sliced yellow squash fried with onions. Yum
I remember having a whole squash in front of me to eat. All there was for that meal. Surprised I'm not still sitting there

Elessar
01-15-2018, 06:18 PM
Squash

Only squash I like is pumpkin!

Black Diamond
01-15-2018, 06:19 PM
Only squash I like is pumpkin!
Pumpkin pie is my favorite.

Gunny
01-15-2018, 06:31 PM
Pumpkin pie is my favorite.Nice. Pumpkin IS squash :slap:

Kathianne
01-15-2018, 07:28 PM
hot dogs, sushi.

aboutime
01-15-2018, 08:14 PM
Sits on the plate, and looks back at me! Or rare oysters, or clams.

Love medium rare steak, but can't handle rare hamburger that is pink.

LongTermGuy
01-15-2018, 09:09 PM

http://www.theculturebite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tomales-bay-raw-oyster.jpg
http://www.theculturebite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tomales-bay-raw-oyster-hot-sauce.jpg
http://memecrunch.com/meme/2QPWS/youre-going-to-throw-up/image.jpg
:laugh:

Gunny
01-15-2018, 09:28 PM
DOn't know about throwing up, but I PROMISE you I ain't eating it.:laugh:

Bilgerat
01-15-2018, 10:30 PM
Egg plant and mutton

High_Plains_Drifter
01-15-2018, 10:56 PM

Love Sloppy Joes. I have my own special recipe for them though. NEVER make them from that can garbage.

Fish
FISH? Was'sa mat'a you? ... :laugh: ... I love fish. Bluegill is probably my favorite. Regular old local caught Bluegill.

hot dogs, sushi.
Love hotdogs... OSCAR MAYOR that is, and many other sorts, sausages, brats... yum.

Never eaten sushi in my life... probably gag on it.

I'd have to say OATMEAL is about the worst thing anyone could possibly put in front of me. It not only LOOKS like PUKE, it TASTES like PUKE, and if I ate it, I probably WOULD PUKE.

Keep it the hell away from me.

GravyBoat
01-16-2018, 12:24 AM
Anything that contains gluten or flour because it's been sprayed with monsatan roundup.

Elessar
01-16-2018, 02:17 AM
Ohhh....I don't like Sushi at all.

I don't eat bait!

darin
01-16-2018, 02:41 AM
Probably Sloppy joes - the mix flavour is just horrible.

But I really refuse to eat most anything. I mean to say I don't really hate foods of a particular kind. I find the goodness.

I have a theory - Picky eaters are terrible lovers. I cannot imagine a scenario where a picky eater could allow himself or herself enough spontaneity and creativity to be an effective, passionate lover because picky eaters - picky people - need things packaged in a way they like - specifically like...more than like. In a way they tolerate.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-16-2018, 10:05 AM
Probably Sloppy joes - the mix flavour is just horrible.
Wow... that's two dislikes for Sloppy Joes. What is it that's bad, the tomatoes, the brown sugar, the onions... ? Or do you guys mean the CANNED Sloppy Joes mix? Good Lord don't ever use that. Sloppy Joes have to be made from scratch. I can't stand that stuff from a can either.

darin
01-16-2018, 10:07 AM
yeah - its the canned stuff I'm sure. If the sauce was seasoned a lot - good hot sauce (I prefer Trader Joes pepper sauce) and not too runny...i'd be down. Course then...would be a lot like chili maybe? :)

jimnyc
01-16-2018, 10:09 AM

I'll get killed for this one, but...

Most Mexican foods, I can't stand that food, the spices, the smells. Bleck. Just not a fan.

darin
01-16-2018, 10:12 AM

Most Mexican foods, I can't stand that food, the spices, the smells. Bleck. Just not a fan.

wow. We maybe cant be friends.

(sigh)

:)

Abbey Marie
01-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Wow... that's two dislikes for Sloppy Joes. What is it that's bad, the tomatoes, the brown sugar, the onions... ? Or do you guys mean the CANNED Sloppy Joes mix? Good Lord don't ever use that. Sloppy Joes have to be made from scratch. I can't stand that stuff from a can either.

I don't know if it is canned or not. They served it at my elementary school. As I got to the stairs to go down two flights to the cafeteria, the smell would hit me. I'd have to put something over my nose to stop gagging. I couldn't even tell you how it tastes. The smell is so disgusting.

Bilgerat
01-16-2018, 10:36 AM

wow. We maybe cant be friends.

(sigh)

Jim, the biggest problem in your statement is your terms "Mexican Food". 90 percent of what's called that is Americanized.

We have a real nice place here that serves REAL Mex food. Damn tasty!

Abbey Marie
01-16-2018, 10:41 AM
I will add as my second, cole slaw.

Taco Junkie
01-16-2018, 11:07 AM
C'mon people. Everyone knows the worst food EVER..... liver !! :puke3::puke3:

Followed by brussel sprouts. Oh hell no. Not even in a bloody Mary (why the hell would anybody want to ruin a perfectly fine drink by putting those donkey balls in it?)

I'm pretty adventurous with trying food. Not crazy about escargot (snails) but put enough garlic and butter on em I can chew em. Not into crawdads either but love all other seafood including shellfish, squid, and octopus.

Love oysters (have to be fresh caught that day) or grilled. Sushi, again freshness counts big time.

Oysters Orleans from the Half Shell Oyster House in Biloxi:
http://halfshelloysterhouse.com/images/menu/food/oysters/oysters-orleans.jpg

And steak tartare! (Yeah I know the risks but it's way good).

http://i0.wp.com/www.foodrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/koreansteaktartare.jpg?fit=1268%2C710

NightTrain
01-16-2018, 11:15 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again!

Oatmeal. Horrible stuff and it makes me angry just seeing that evil Quaker smiling at me.

It's not allowed in my house.

And liver is disgusting too. You don't eat organs unless you're starving and the chips are down. Even then you'd better wait a few days.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-16-2018, 11:26 AM

About the only "Mexican" food I can say I eat is tacos, and I could eat that every other day. Anything with good cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce on it is good. I love the taco seasoning and the taco sauce too. I can eat the hell otta that stuff.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-16-2018, 11:28 AM
I don't know if it is canned or not. They served it at my elementary school. As I got to the stairs to go down two flights to the cafeteria, the smell would hit me. I'd have to put something over my nose to stop gagging. I couldn't even tell you how it tastes. The smell is so disgusting.
WOW.... I don't know what they were throwing together but... WOW... :laugh:

Well I'd bet you'd eat some of my Sloppy Joe. I guarantee it doesn't stink either... ;)

Abbey Marie
01-16-2018, 11:36 AM
WOW.... I don't know what they were throwing together but... WOW... :laugh:

Well I'd bet you'd eat some of my Sloppy Joe. I guarantee it doesn't stink either... ;)

I don't know, T. I'd have to be hypnotized or very, very drunk.
:coffee:
But I will say, it would have to be better than those awful cafeteria meals. We were poor enough that they were free to me, and I still barely ate a bite of any of them. It probably came out of a giant industrial can, and who knows what kind of "meat" was even in it. :puke:

But people say that to me all the time about cole slaw, too. "Oh, but you haven't had my homemade cole slaw". Sorry, if it's still basically cabbage and mayo, I'm not eating it.

Bilgerat
01-16-2018, 11:37 AM
C'mon people. Everyone knows the worst food EVER..... liver !! :puke3::puke3:

Followed by brussel sprouts. Oh hell no. Not even in a bloody Mary (why the hell would anybody want to ruin a perfectly fine drink by putting those donkey balls in it?)

OK, them's fighting words :laugh: Love me some liver & onions (fried with bacon please) and those tiny cabbages. However, the Lady of the house looks on liver as a thing that will never be cooked in this house, so I only get it when we visit a restaurant.

I'm pretty adventurous with trying food. Not crazy about escargot (snails) but put enough garlic and butter on em I can chew em. Not into crawdads either but love all other seafood including shellfish, squid, and octopus.

Love oysters (have to be fresh caught that day) or grilled. Sushi, again freshness counts big time.

Oysters Orleans from the Half Shell Oyster House in Biloxi:
http://halfshelloysterhouse.com/images/menu/food/oysters/oysters-orleans.jpg

And steak tartare! (Yeah I know the risks but it's way good).

http://i0.wp.com/www.foodrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/koreansteaktartare.jpg?fit=1268%2C710

OK, now I'm mostly on board with you, with the exception of mudbugs and lobsters. What I'm about to say seems a tad hypocritical, but I'll eat the hell out of mudbugs and I refuse to eat lobster.

As I've said. As a "yout" I worked on fishing boats, pulled many a trap. I just can't eat that crap and the Lady WON'T eat shellfish (of any kind) so it's not a big draw here.

Abbey Marie
01-16-2018, 11:44 AM
BR, I love me some lobster. Particularly, a real Maine lobster roll, with the lobster fresh off the boat that morning. Which we get lots of every summer vacation.

What I am starting to have a little bit of trouble with though are shrimp. Seeing those heads and beady little shrimp eyes... For some reason, the larger version of all that on a lobster doesn't bother me.

Bilgerat
01-16-2018, 11:47 AM
BR, I love me some lobster. Particularly, a real Maine lobster roll, with the lobster fresh off the boat that morning. Which we get lots of every summer vacation.

What I am starting to have a little bit of trouble with though are shrimp. Seeing those heads and beady little shrimp eyes... For some reason, the larger version of all that on a lobster doesn't bother me.

Yeah, being from Maine I get a LOT of stares when I say I hate them ocean cockroaches.

Shrimp is tasty tho, I'm liking them Florida Pinks here ;)

High_Plains_Drifter
01-16-2018, 11:53 AM
I don't know, T. I'd have to be hypnotized or very, very drunk.
:coffee:
But I will say, it would have to be better than those awful cafeteria meals. We were poor enough that they were free to me, and I still barely ate a bite of any of them. It probably came out of a giant industrial can, and who knows what kind of "meat" was even in it. :puke:

But people say that to me all the time about cole slaw, too. "Oh, but you haven't had my homemade cole slaw". Sorry, if it's still basically cabbage and mayo, I'm not eating it.
I'm not a big cole slaw fan either, Ab. I can eat it, like a few bites, but if I get it as a side with a meal, it never gets finished. I'll take a few bites and I'm done.

I used to like lobster. Had great steak 'n tail dinners in Las Vegas, but the last I had lobster at Red Lobster I about PUKED. The lobster was squishy and spongy and tasted like crap. I doubt I'll ever eat it again. I do like shrimp but not the huge ones. The bigger the shrimp the tougher they are it seems. The ones that are just bite sized deep fried in home made batter are great. I like catsup and horse radish cocktail sauce too.

Abbey Marie
01-16-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm not a big cole slaw fan either, Ab. I can eat it, like a few bites, but if I get it with a side with a meal, it never gets finished. I'll take a few bites and I'm done.

Right?
Like Darin said about organ meat, cole slaw seems like poverty food. If you have another choice, you just don't eat it.

When I was a kid, my mom would put some chicken organs into her chicken soup. I used to love to eat the heart. Thinking about it now, ugh.

Kathianne
01-16-2018, 07:17 PM
I'm with you guys that hate coleslaw. I don't like it. What's really weird is that I do like raw cabbage in salads, just not coleslaw. I hate cooked cabbage.

Abbey Marie
01-16-2018, 07:22 PM
I'm with you guys that hate coleslaw. I don't like it. What's really weird is that I do like raw cabbage in salads, just not coleslaw. I hate cooked cabbage.

Me too, I like raw cabbage in a salad. I think it's the mayo that kills it.

darin
01-17-2018, 02:01 AM
Good 'slaw is terrific. Just love it.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-17-2018, 04:20 AM
My place... this Friday... everybody is invited... I'll make a huge batch of MY Sloppy Joes. Guarantee everyone likes them... ;)

darin
01-17-2018, 04:49 AM
My place... this Friday... everybody is invited... I'll make a huge batch of MY Sloppy Joes. Guarantee everyone likes then... ;)

can I top it with coleslaw? :)

High_Plains_Drifter
01-17-2018, 04:59 AM
can I top it with coleslaw? :)
No................ :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-17-2018, 09:51 AM
My place... this Friday... everybody is invited... I'll make a huge batch of MY Sloppy Joes. Guarantee everyone likes them... ;)

And here I thought maybe we were friends.

Taco Junkie
01-17-2018, 12:00 PM
And here I thought maybe we were friends.

He's not making you eat the slaw. How much nicer can a guy get?

darin
01-18-2018, 09:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Cplzyai.jpg

Gunny
01-18-2018, 09:54 AM
My place... this Friday... everybody is invited... I'll make a huge batch of MY Sloppy Joes. Guarantee everyone likes them... ;)Don't need my oil changed that soon.

Balu
01-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Genetically modified is the worst!