PDA

View Full Version : DOJ to appeal San Fran DACA ruling, will ask Supreme Court to end program

Gunny
01-16-2018, 08:30 PM
The Justice Department on Tuesday said it plans to appeal a lower-court ruling that blocked the Trump administration from ending an Obama-era program aimed at shielding immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children from deportation.
In a separate release, the Justice Department said it will also seek a review by the U.S. Supreme Court –even before a ruling from the appeals court.

Last week, a San Francisco-based federal judge blocked the Trump administration from reversing the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals program, which has shielded more than 700,000 people from deportation since its inception.
“It defies both law and common sense for DACA—an entirely discretionary non-enforcement policy that was implemented unilaterally by the last administration after Congress rejected similar legislative proposals and courts invalidated the similar DAPA policy – to somehow be mandated nationwide by a single district court in San Francisco,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions said in a statement Tuesday.
cont ...http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/16/doj-to-appeal-san-fran-daca-ruling-will-ask-supreme-court-to-end-program.html

About time.

Elessar
01-16-2018, 08:37 PM
cont ...http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/16/doj-to-appeal-san-fran-daca-ruling-will-ask-supreme-court-to-end-program.html

About time.

Yes.

Time beyond time to stop ignoring our laws!

Immigrate legally, not by liberal law-breaking standards.

Gunny
01-16-2018, 08:46 PM
Yes.

Time beyond time to stop ignoring our laws!Not just ignoring the law. While that IS priority, it is just as important to get a ruling on ankle-sniffers biting the Prez's butt.

Yes, in this case I DO have a dog in the fight because illegal immigration affects me directly probably more than any of you living so close to the boarder and a main thoroughfare for illegals to cross. There should be immediate recourse for the President of the US when overruled by a lower court when that ruling has no basis in law. The court wants to drag this out.

I'm hoping the DOJ has a straight-shot shortcut to the Supreme Court. Hey, I'm American. I want my instant gratification of seeing the lefty court slapped the f-down face first :)