PDA

View Full Version : Could Be...

High_Plains_Drifter
01-17-2018, 12:34 AM
... IDK... I got hair a up my ass today because I carelessly broke the globe to a $1200 old vintage piano oil lamp that I have for sale so I went to the tavern, and one thing little Wisconsin towns don't lack is bars. But the last bar in my bar hoping trek today I ran into a girl I did have a kind of flame going with. She's the older sister of girl I went out with before, but... to tell the whole story, there's four daughters of this carpenter I used to work for long ago, and they're all gorgeous. To be polite, I've had "encounters" with two of the four daughters, and I can't help but think that's in part to the insistence, way back when, of their DAD telling them I'm a good guy. I could go into that further but to make a long story short, when I saw her in the bar tonight things were interesting. She's been thinking of me, I've been thinking of her, apologies were made for kind of a harsh last time we talked and much hugging ensued. No she really doesn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, but she's one damn attractive woman and there's a ton of men around here that would kill for the chance to be with her. She's coming over tomorrow... so... what should I do?

I'm an old out of touch bachelor... it's been so long since I've "been" with someone I have no idea how I should handle this situation. I'n posing this question open to the board for advice... should I go for it or what?

LongTermGuy
01-17-2018, 12:45 AM
Go for it in getting to know her better...nothing to lose...see how things go...and then go from there and just have fun...`Both of you need to laugh together`...you will know..

... IMO...
:cool:https://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh253/jimifunguzz/Shia-Labeouf-motivation-just-do-it.gif

High_Plains_Drifter
01-17-2018, 12:57 AM
Go for it in getting to know her better...nothing to lose...see how things go...and then go from there and just have fun...`Both of you need to laugh together`...you will know..

... IMO...
:cool:
That's the thing, I guess I should have mentioned, I've known this girl for a LONG time. We're kind of familiar with each other already, just not in that "intimate" way. I like her... I think she likes me... we've certainly had our moments already, but it's a big step after being single for so many years. I could look far and wide to find another girl that lives AROUND HERE that's as attractive as she is. The problem is... she brings nothing to the table except for her good looks. IDK.... never wanted to be a sugar daddy... but then if true love ensued... am I sugar daddy or just wanting to be happy with someone else that needs someone? Would I be a sugar daddy if we were happy together is the question, and she returned all the love and respect is required in a relationship?

I think I could be happy with this girl. I could wake up in the morning with her beside and think, wow, hot babe... how lucky can I get out here in the middle of nowhere... but assuredly, the personal connection has to be there too. She INSISTED she comes over tomorrow, so I'm not sure if her plans are to CONSUMATE this relationship to show me she's serious or not. If so, I'll have to shut her down. I don't have sex with any girl I'm not in love with first.

It'll be interesting.... yes... I'm pouring out my soul, only because I know this board has people on it that I have known for a long, LONG time, and I'm honestly waiting for their opinion... @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1), @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19), @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11), @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19), @Kat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2145)hianne, not in order of relevance just listing, and others I respect here... you're all welcome to reply, and thank you for the reply brother LongTermGuy...

LongTermGuy
01-17-2018, 01:49 AM
That's the thing, I guess I should have mentioned, I've known this girl for a LONG time. We're kind of familiar with each other already, just not in that "intimate" way. I like her... I think she likes me... we've certainly had our moments already, but it's a big step after being single for so many years. I could look far and wide to find another girl that lives AROUND HERE that's as attractive as she is. The problem is... she brings nothing to the table except for her good looks. IDK.... never wanted to be a sugar daddy... but then if true love ensued... am I sugar daddy or just wanting to be happy with someone else that needs someone? Would I be a sugar daddy if we were happy together is the question, and she returned all the love and respect is required in a relationship?

I think I could be happy with this girl. I could wake up in the morning with her beside and think, wow, hot babe... how lucky can I get out here in the middle of nowhere... but assuredly, the personal connection has to be there too. She INSISTED she comes over tomorrow, so I'm not sure if her plans are to CONSUMATE this relationship to show me she's serious or not. If so, I'll have to shut her down. I don't have sex with any girl I'm not in love with first.

It'll be interesting.... yes... I'm pouring out my soul, only because I know this board has people on it that I have known for a long, LONG time, and I'm honestly waiting for their opinion... @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1), @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19), @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11), @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19), @Kat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2145)hianne, not in order of relevance just listing, and others I respect here... you're all welcome to reply, and thank you for the reply brother LongTermGuy...

I wrote you out a nice answer and tried to post it...and my screen showed "Off line"...hit the back arrow and here I am...lost everything I wrote...

I will keep it short this time and try again...Women like men who are sure of themselves and know what they want...go for it have fun..take her places...dinner..movies...etc...then you will know what she is after....If she is close to your age within 10 years you will be fine....your a smart guy make it happen....you know her better than all of us here....Let us all know how it works out...I will be keeping an eye on this thread waiting for the good news..:)

darin
01-17-2018, 01:52 AM
Trying to clarify -

You've known her for awhile - do you like her as a person? When you said she has only her looks to offer, does that mean she's not fun to be around? Not interesting? Just how GOOD are the looks? :D

My first instinct is to smash that. Get on it. Ride 'em cowboy!

but then seek advice from the wise

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2506e329201f623f01999f4bd8fd71a1/tenor.gif?itemid=3548435

But really - There's no pressure, timetable or cause to make ANY decision about. Maybe the best course is to keep talking with her, see what happens?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-17-2018, 02:13 AM
Trying to clarify -

You've known her for awhile - do you like her as a person? When you said she has only her looks to offer, does that mean she's not fun to be around? Not interesting? Just how GOOD are the looks? :D

My first instinct is to smash that. Get on it. Ride 'em cowboy!

but then seek advice from the wise

But really - There's no pressure, timetable or cause to make ANY decision about. Maybe the best course is to keep talking with her, see what happens?
She's 46, I'm 62. She's the daughter of a carpenter whom I really like. I worked for him many times as a carpenter. Been to their house many, many times. I even helped him tear out a room in their house and do a total ship lap siding deal in custom milled cherry wood on the walls and a massive custom gun cabinet on one end with etched glass inlays. Her dad was a SUPERB carpenter, and he reminded me of my older sister's husband's dad out in Montana that owned Ruby Valley Lumber Construction that I also worked for. So there's a connection there as far as carpentry and construction.

Yes, she and I do get along really well. She's really fun to talk to and be around... EASY to talk to... she's a LOCAL, so it's not like I have to IMPORT someone to live here that doesn't know what it's like.

Maaaan... I'm talking MYSELF right into this... I'm just anxious I guess, because it's been so long since this old fart has given up his heart to woman, I'm just... IDK... am I being too cautious? I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill, but this is the closest I've been to actually engaging in a relationship with ANYONE for a long time. She is pretty, yes, great bod, pretty white teeth, and smart... she's no dumby that talks like an idiot either.

What have I gotten myself into? Is Tom about to be OFF THE MARKET?

Why am I stressing so bad about this?

darin
01-17-2018, 02:28 AM
seems she brings more to the table than her looks. ;)

Couple of really good readings for you as you dip your toe into Love.

I have walked over red hot coals without burning my feet.

But, when I step into romance I often get burned. This is because I ride the wild flow of love all the way to attachment. And as incredible as love is, attachment is just that awful.
Attachment

Attachment, on the front side, is quite like love. It is the delicious experience of forgetting about oneself, focusing attention on a perfect being: the object of our love.

But on the backside, attachment bites hard, breaking hearts, ignoring needs and offering drama without love. Sure, attachment gives birth to great poetry, fine country songs and unlimited downside sensations; but, it also gives love a bad name, convinces us that we can’t live without someone we haven’t known for long and that our sole goal in life is to please another.
Love

Love flows. It has no purpose and no object. It offers the experience of walking inches off the pavement, untouchable by mundane problems and full of giddy sensations. When it doesn’t lead to attachment it shows the way to “big” love: love of all that is, love of the morning dew, last night’s leftovers and all encompassing sensations of inclusion.

Keeping love from careening into attachment isn’t easy, but here are three secrets that will help you bask in love without the ball and chain of attachment.

First Secret

Ask yourself, “What am I in love with?”

If there is an object: a person, a place, a thing, a thought, or an experience you are in love with, then it isn’t love. You are already focused on the object and not the flow, and you are already on your way to attachment to that object or person.

Second Secret

Love doesn’t mean that we have to live together, see each other again or darn each other’s socks. It is a deep fulfilling experience that is gone as fast as it arrives.

Attachment is what happens when we try and hold onto love, domesticate it, or use it prove how lovable we are.

Attachment wants something. It wants to be loved, it wants a future, a structure, a solution to the experience of being alone.

If you find yourself enjoying the moment you just might be in love. If you are trying to plan the future, monopolize your sweetheart’s time, or are acting terribly needy then you are likely attached.

Third Secret

Beware of perfection. Nobody is perfect, and love loves warts, burps, poverty, stubbed toes, and broken hearts.

Attachment is super critical, controlling, and serious. If you find yourself trying to make decisions for your sweetie, lecturing your loved one or slipping into the role of disapproving spouse, then attachments have you.

Love cures attachment. It loves what is, what was and what will be. Let the love flow and it will wash attachment away.

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2016/09/3-secrets-to-loving-without-attachment/

And this is my favourite piece on what love really means. I'm not Buddhist, but some of the principles - maybe all? - are spot-fucking-on.

https://www.wildmind.org/blogs/on-practice/love-sex-and-non-attachment

LongTermGuy
01-17-2018, 02:34 AM
She's 46, I'm 62. She's the daughter of a carpenter whom I really like. I worked for him many times as a carpenter. Been to their house many, many times. I even helped him tear out a room in their house and do a total ship lap siding deal in custom milled cherry wood on the walls and a massive custom gun cabinet on one end with etched glass inlays. Her dad was a SUPERB carpenter, and he reminded me of my older sister's husband's dad out in Montana that owned Ruby Valley Lumber Construction that I also worked for. So there's a connection there as far as carpentry and construction.

Yes, she and I do get along really well. She's really fun to talk to and be around... EASY to talk to... she's a LOCAL, so it's not like I have to IMPORT someone to live here that doesn't know what it's like.

Maaaan... I'm talking MYSELF right into this... I'm just anxious I guess, because it's been so long since this old fart has given up his heart to woman, I'm just... IDK... am I being too cautious? I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill, but this is the closest I've been to actually engaging in a relationship with ANYONE for a long time. She is pretty, yes, great bod, pretty white teeth, and smart... she's no dumby that talks like an idiot either.

What have I gotten myself into? Is Tom about to be OFF THE MARKET?

Why am I stressing so bad about this?

You will be fine...Life is short...have some fun and see what happens...dont worry just part of the days of our lives!:cool:

This song is for you friend...

<strong>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gck1eSScRjc

High_Plains_Drifter
01-17-2018, 02:47 AM
You will be fine...Life is short...have some fun and see what happens...dont worry just part of the days of our lives!:cool:

There's so many facets to this it ain't funny. I am truly torn. I like this girl, and I know she likes me. Where my anxiety begins is what would happen if we did get together.

Could I handle it? That's the question. I've been single since 1987. Sure I've had flings since then but they were never serious. With this girl it could get serious.

Fuck... I'm at a loss... I'm going to have to dive in head first I guess and see how it plays out.

LongTermGuy
01-17-2018, 09:07 AM
There's so many facets to this it ain't funny. I am truly torn. I like this girl, and I know she likes me. Where my anxiety begins is what would happen if we did get together.

Could I handle it? That's the question. I've been single since 1987. Sure I've had flings since then but they were never serious. With this girl it could get serious.

Fuck... I'm at a loss... I'm going to have to dive in head first I guess and see how it plays out.

~"Fuck... I'm at a loss... I'm going to have to dive in head first I guess and see how it plays out"~

There ya go...now you got it....Good!

Abbey Marie
01-17-2018, 09:44 AM
You've mentioned her father twice- I'm thinking you are concerned about your friendship with him if this turns sour. She is his daughter after all.

Apart from that, it sounds like this woman has every intention of "taking things further" today. I really respect your self-imposed rule about sleeping around. It says a lot about your integrity, IMO.

I'm not sure why her financial situation matters, unless you think she's gold-digging?

It's early times for any credible advice, but I would say, just take it slowly, there's no rush after all, and try not to get inside your head too much. Winter might be a bit warmer for you this year. Isn't life too short to avoid risks?

:cool:

jimnyc
01-17-2018, 10:07 AM
... IDK... I got hair a up my ass today because I carelessly broke the globe to a $1200 old vintage piano oil lamp that I have for sale so I went to the tavern, and one thing little Wisconsin towns don't lack is bars. But the last bar in my bar hoping trek today I ran into a girl I did have a kind of flame going with. She's the older sister of girl I went out with before, but... to tell the whole story, there's four daughters of this carpenter I used to work for long ago, and they're all gorgeous. To be polite, I've had "encounters" with two of the four daughters, and I can't help but think that's in part to the insistence, way back when, of their DAD telling them I'm a good guy. I could go into that further but to make a long story short, when I saw her in the bar tonight things were interesting. She's been thinking of me, I've been thinking of her, apologies were made for kind of a harsh last time we talked and much hugging ensued. No she really doesn't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, but she's one damn attractive woman and there's a ton of men around here that would kill for the chance to be with her. She's coming over tomorrow... so... what should I do?

I'm an old out of touch bachelor... it's been so long since I've "been" with someone I have no idea how I should handle this situation. I'n posing this question open to the board for advice... should I go for it or what?

IMO? But you may lose her if you follow my advice! LOL

I wouldn't push it for sex right off the bat. Truly talk with her and feel her out, and let her see the true you. Become friends, then make it happen. That can still all happen awfully fast, so it's not like "waiting". Make sure you guys can at least survive a night together just talking. If that night together makes you really really want to be together again, that's a damn good thing! Text? Little messages now and again would make her smile! Show her who YOU are and make her want to "BE" with you. If that happens, then its all much more magical. :) Get a bottle of good wine to share, or beer if she's that type. Cook her a nice dinner perhaps? Much easier to chat over dinner and drinks. Let her see the real you, not someone who just wants to bang her. Unless that's all you're after of course. But I don't think you would be asking for advice on that. :) Oh, and flowers, or maybe even if it's one beautiful single rose for her. It's the thought, even if you stole it from the neighbors house. Don't forget to pull out the chair and open and close doors - women think we all forgot how to do that, but we didn't. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-17-2018, 10:14 AM

My advice is take it slow up to the point that you know what she wants and what exactly you want. If it then seems ok to you then stop holding back and let a natural course flow.
Remember if you are in charge, then be in charge. I went through about the same thing long ago, my friend.
You would not race out onto the ice in a deep pond unless you already knew how stable and thick it was to ensure your safety.
Approach this, with that in mind, be a gentlemen and if she is ok, when you are already--just go for it...
The age difference shouldnt matter unless she shows you that from her it does matter.
I am 27 years older than my wife, we been happily married since 2004, and it has been bliss my friend.
If you each end up in love with each other, then go for it is my advice..
I did and it has been a great blessing....------Tyr

Taco Junkie
01-17-2018, 11:56 AM
I agree with Tyr's advice and might take it a step further: if it gets to that stage where the beast with two backs may make an appearance, maybe it would be good to talk about it. "How will this affect our friendship? I really like your family and would hate to have anything come between us. I'm not looking for a relationship at this time but am open to....." Other than that, cook her a meal, enjoy some tunes and suds and catch up. See where it goes, what feels right. Enjoy the evening.

Taco Junkie
01-18-2018, 02:03 PM
Alright dude, you've got to tell us how this ended up. :popcorn:

LongTermGuy
01-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Alright dude, you've got to tell us how this ended up. :popcorn:

"Agree"
https://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Littlefinger.gif

Elessar
01-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Play it smooth and slow, be respectful and take it easy.

If it happens, then it happens.

Taco Junkie
01-18-2018, 02:44 PM
I thought it already happened. Or didn't. Or maybe it's still ongoing? :clap:

aboutime
01-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Just be yourself. Be honest. Don't pretend to be something you're not. And just talk about whatever comes to mind.
Remember. Maybe she feels the same way, and wonders what to do.

You'll have a great time. If you let it!

Won't say Good Luck. Being a good person doesn't require LUCK.

ENJOY!

Gunny
01-18-2018, 04:07 PM

It'll be interesting.... yes... I'm pouring out my soul, only because I know this board has people on it that I have known for a long, LONG time, and I'm honestly waiting for their opinion... @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1), @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19), @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11), @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), @darin (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=19), @Kat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2145)hianne, not in order of relevance just listing, and others I respect here... you're all welcome to reply, and thank you for the reply brother LongTermGuy...I recuse myself from answering any such question. You can get back to me when you want to know how to drive them off . I bet I could piss off a stalker :laugh:

LongTermGuy
01-18-2018, 04:13 PM
I recuse myself from answering any such question. You can get back to me when you want to know how to drive them off . I bet I could piss off a stalker :laugh:

Now thats some funny stuff Gunny...I know what you mean...Your not alone!!! :laugh::laugh2:

NightTrain
01-18-2018, 05:05 PM
Do it.

LongTermGuy
01-18-2018, 05:58 PM
Do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90QXhl95qP8

".......Ooh, go on and do it, do it,
Do it 'til you're satisfied,
Whatever it is, do it,

Go on and do it, do it,
Whatever it is, do it,
Do it 'til you're satisfied.

**People know just what they'd like to do,
Whatever it is, you've got it, 'long as it pleases you.
Make it last as long as you can,
When you're through it's up to you to try it again.

Go on and do it, do it,
Whatever it is, do it,
Do it 'til you're satisfied."

High_Plains_Drifter
01-18-2018, 07:26 PM
Well... she didn't come over... we both were VERY hung over.

This is just kinda picking up where we left off before, kind of in limbo as to whether to move forward or not, I've known her for a long time. We'll hang out at some point here in the near future and we'll see what the flavor of that is.

I really don't think I could have a live in significant other. I think that after 30 years of living alone, that's what I'm used to. I would feel invaded. I'm just not the kind of person that needs to have someone around. I do think it would be cool to have a girl friend, someone to hang out with, take places, but then send her home... :laugh:

Gunny
01-18-2018, 07:40 PM
Well... she didn't come over... we both were VERY hung over.

This is just kinda picking up where we left off before, kind of in limbo as to whether to move forward or not, I've known her for a long time. We'll hang out at some point here in the near future and we'll see what the flavor of that is.

I really don't think I could have a live in significant other. I think that after 30 years of living alone, that's what I'm used to. I would feel invaded. I'm just not the kind of person that needs to have someone around. I do think it would be cool to have a girl friend, someone to hang out with, take places, but then send her home... :laugh:I was refraining from saying all that so Kath and Abbey didn't dogbar me :laugh: I like my space. :)

High_Plains_Drifter
01-18-2018, 07:50 PM
I was refraining from saying all that so Kath and Abbey didn't dogbar me :laugh: I like my space. :)
Yeah I'll tell ya, Gunny, most everyone I've ever known in my life, man or woman, when they find somebody they can't wait to shack up. Well, I'm just the opposite.

Kathianne
01-18-2018, 09:05 PM
Yeah I'll tell ya, Gunny, most everyone I've ever known in my life, man or woman, when they find somebody they can't wait to shack up. Well, I'm just the opposite.

Not me! I like my space. I 'date' and that's it so far. Haven't found anyone I'd be willing to give up my space for. Did that, done.

Abbey Marie
01-18-2018, 09:34 PM

Guilty. Not to shack up with, but of enjoying living with somebody to share my life with. Not to say I don't enjoy some alone time. I think that's normal.

Gunny
01-19-2018, 02:42 PM
I'm holding out for the Channel 5 News traffic lady :p

Funky Winkerbean
01-19-2018, 03:01 PM
I don't know about your love life, but look on Craigslist for a new lamp globe or post a picture of it and ask for a globe. Also, there may be places online that sell old lamp globes, like new old stock or something or custom made. As far as dames, get a dog, less of a headache, less expensive, and they chew up less furniture than a woman.

darin
01-19-2018, 03:17 PM
I don't know about your love life, but look on Craigslist for a new lamp globe or post a picture of it and ask for a globe. Also, there may be places online that sell old lamp globes, like new old stock or something or custom made. As far as dames, get a dog, less of a headache, less expensive, and they chew up less furniture than a woman.

thats a weird post, gravyboat.

Black Diamond
01-19-2018, 03:26 PM
I had a sneaking suspicion.

Funky Winkerbean
01-19-2018, 03:42 PM

No, I posted that, Darin. The OP said he broke a globe and it was just some friendly alternate advice, since I'm no love doctor.

I broke a globe once. I slipped off the seat of my bike.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 04:30 PM
I don't know about your love life, but look on Craigslist for a new lamp globe or post a picture of it and ask for a globe. Also, there may be places online that sell old lamp globes, like new old stock or something or custom made.
It ain't that easy to find vintage, hand painted globes for rare oil piano lanterns. I appreciate the thought, but I had a woman on ebay ready to pay $875 just for that globe, because she had broken her's too.

As far as dames, get a dog, less of a headache, less expensive, and they chew up less furniture than a woman.
As far as "dames" go, I'm going to venture a guess here and say I've got a few DECADES of experience on ya there, son. Regardless, it never gets easy...

I have a cat.

https://image.ibb.co/cLk4KG/women.jpg

Funky Winkerbean
01-19-2018, 05:01 PM
I used to collect and sell a lot of antique things and paintings, but not for a long time. And I've broken a few irreplaceable items, so it is a drag. But maybe you'll find love from it, lemons into lemonade. Okay, so maybe I have a little advice about love.

So tell her about the situation that brought you and her together, a broken globe and you took to the bar to relieve your sorrow. And you can't mend a broken globe, but she can mend your broken heart. In other words, lay on the schmaltz. Tell her it's kismet, a spiritual coincidence of love. Ask her if that's how it is for her, does she feel anything. Maybe something similar brought her into the bar where you met that evening?

A woman who's interested in you will appreciate it when you ask them about their feelings, it makes them feel at ease. Also, women love men who are mysterious and romantic. You don't have to be logical with women, whatever it takes to get your intent across, just be confident and sincere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGyfw3yiMT4

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 05:04 PM
I used to collect and sell a lot of antique things and paintings, but not for a long time. And I've broken a few irreplaceable items, so it is a drag. But maybe you'll find love from it, lemons into lemonade. Okay, so maybe I have a little advice about love.

So tell her about the situation that brought you and her together, a broken globe and you took to the bar to relieve your sorrow. And you can't mend a broken globe, but she can mend your broken heart. In other words, lay on the schmaltz. Tell her it's kismet, a spiritual coincidence of love. Ask her if that's how it is for her, does she feel anything. Maybe something similar brought her into the bar where you met that evening?

A woman who's interested in you will appreciate it when you ask them about their feelings, it makes them feel at ease. Also, women love men who are mysterious and romantic. You don't have to be logical with women, whatever it takes to get your intent across, just be confident and sincere.
You're mixing things up here... the globe has nothing to do with my lady friend.

Gunny
01-19-2018, 05:04 PM
It ain't that easy to find vintage, hand painted globes for rare oil piano lanterns. I appreciate the thought, but I had a woman on ebay ready to pay $875 just for that globe, because she had broken her's too.

As far as "dames" go, I'm going to venture a guess here and say I've got a few DECADES of experience on ya there, son. Regardless, it never gets easy...

I have a cat.

https://image.ibb.co/cLk4KG/women.jpg

They don't make that much beer ....:laugh:

Funky Winkerbean
01-19-2018, 05:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0c3od7KynE

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 05:06 PM
They don't make that much beer ....:laugh:
I'm finding that out... ;)

Funky Winkerbean
01-19-2018, 05:09 PM
You're mixing things up here... the globe has nothing to do with my lady friend.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm easily confused. I even voted Democrat once. Once!

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 05:10 PM
You'll have to forgive me, I'm easily confused. I even voted Democrat once. Once!
I never have.

Gunny
01-19-2018, 05:21 PM
I never have.I'm also in love with the Dutch coach, Ilse, on the Voice. I have no idea what she's saying. Sounds like my last marriage :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 05:26 PM
I'm also in love with the Dutch coach, Ilse, on the Voice. I have no idea what she's saying. Sounds like my last marriage :laugh:
I got a thing for the redheads usually, Isla Fisher topping that list. But my all time fav was Erika Eleniak. Just watch "Under Siege," the Steven Seagal movie, and you'll understand why... :thumb:

This girl I know that's been to topic of discussion in this thread really is a fine looking woman. Something about those 4 sisters. Every one of them has a shit hot bod, and they're all into their 40's now but you'd never know it. I can't let that cloud my judgement... :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 05:28 PM
And I know... for the gals on the board, I know Gunny and I are showing our TOXIC MASCULINITY... :laugh:

Gunny
01-19-2018, 05:37 PM
And I know... for the gals on the board, I know Gunny and I are showing our TOXIC MASCULINITY... :laugh:Pffft ... you're not cluing the ladies in on anything new telling them I'm toxic :laugh:

Gunny
01-19-2018, 05:39 PM
And ,,, good luck with your decision. If I said anything either way it would be the wrong choice. You're on your own with me when it comes to girls :)

Funky Winkerbean
01-19-2018, 05:48 PM

I never have.

No? Good for you. I myself have never had a problem with women, never had to consult the interweb.

So anyway, answer the door naked when she comes over, that always works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6ZQFrfsb8

Abbey Marie
01-19-2018, 06:35 PM
No? Good for you. I myself have never had a problem with women, never had to consult the interweb.

[/video]

He doesn't need ​to consult us. Most of us go way back, and actually like each other.

Gunny
01-19-2018, 06:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6ZQFrfsb8Sure are quick to offer advice for a noob. I'm just BSing and everyone knows it,']].

Do we know you?:halo9:

Drummond
01-19-2018, 08:09 PM

.. for shame !

I had my own pro-Leftie phase, too .. in my early teens. I grew out of it pretty quickly. Of course, the wreckage the Left was meting out in my country at that time was a powerful decider, too ...

With each passing year, I become ever more staunchly Conservative. It's a fact I'm enormously proud of. And .. I envy America its latest choice of President. I wish we had someone, ANYone, like him on my side of the Pond ...... :saluting2:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 08:19 PM
Oh I'm sorry... did I trigger you just because I've never voted for a democrat?

So you have never asked a friend whom you respect for their advice, you've never had a problem with the "dames," and you claim your daddy is a BILLIONAIRE.

Some pretty big talk if you ask me.

I don't care too much for people that talk like they're all that when my suspicion tells me they're not. Usually the braggarts and know it alls are the biggest fools and liars.

Elessar
01-19-2018, 10:03 PM

Carefully applied Gorillal Glue will fix it. Wet both sides.
Let it set 24 hours and sand off the overdue....use 240
sand paper.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 10:22 PM
Carefully applied Gorillal Glue will fix it. Wet both sides.
Let it set 24 hours and sand off the overdue....use 240
sand paper.
Best advice yet... :laugh:

Elessar
01-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Best advice yet... :laugh:

That stuff works well if you do nor smear it!

High_Plains_Drifter
01-19-2018, 10:27 PM
That stuff works well if you do nor smear it!
I love the stuff. I have both Gorilla wood glue and Gorilla all purpose glue... and Gorilla tape.

Elessar
01-19-2018, 10:29 PM
I love the stuff. I have both Gorilla wood glue and Gorilla all purpose glue... and Gorilla tape.

Got them all.!

Gunny
01-19-2018, 10:54 PM
so let me get this straight ... you're going to fix your girl problem with Gorilla Glue? Have to admit I never tried THAT :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 03:02 PM
so let me get this straight ... you're going to fix your girl problem with Gorilla Glue? Have to admit I never tried THAT :laugh:
I wish it was that easy, brother... ;)

I think she's stopping by here in a little bit, not sure, said she might.

I'm working on my collector GMC. Cleaning the inside of the intake under the plenum getting ready to install the new Delphi SPFI fuel injection spider upgrade so I'm greasy up to the elbows. Won't be doing any squeezing on her that's for sure... :laugh:

I really do love the wrenching... just in my blood...

https://image.ibb.co/jbXTEG/20180114_185810.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/ggKauG/20180120_132921.jpg

Kathianne
01-20-2018, 06:12 PM
A robotic spider guarding the $$!

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 06:32 PM
A robotic spider guarding the $$!
-------------------------- http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughter.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

I made that old table out of a roll that high tension electrical cable came on from when I helped my electrician buddy. Sure has taken a lot of abuse over the years. All those bills are sequential. I cut a 4'x8' sheet of OSB in half, doubled it up, glued and screwed it onto one end, cut it into an octagon, slapped on the bills and covered it with some poly and put wheels on the other end and WHA-LA... an instant table man cave table... ;)

https://image.ibb.co/kqAe4G/20180120_172551.jpg