PDA

View Full Version : GravyBoat's head might explode if he sees this

gabosaurus
01-18-2018, 12:03 AM
There is a huge difference in Gunny objecting to MLK Day media overload on a limited view message board and a popular University of Alabama coed with a presence on social media going a whole lot further over the line.
Sometimes you have to learn things the hard way.
The video is also a testament to how getting drunk at a sorority party and then posting your opinions online is not really a wise thing.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/01/harley_barber_apologizes_for_r.html#incart_most-read_

A University of Alabama student who posted videos to social media in which she repeatedly used the n-word and other profanities apologized on Wednesday and said she has been expelled from college.

Harley Barber told the New York Post she was heading back to New Jersey after being kicked out of school. "I did something really, really bad," Barber told The Post. "I don't know what to do and I feel horrible. I'm wrong and there's just no excuse for what I did."

Barber told the publication she has been getting threatening phone calls in response to the videos, which "came out of nowhere," she said. "I feel horrible," she said. "I feel so, so bad and I am so sorry."

Barber was kicked out of her sorority on Tuesday, the executive director of Alpha Phi International Fraternity told AL.com Tuesday. University officials, also on Tuesday, said the "unfortunate behavior" was reported to the Office of Student Conduct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqJVTzn8q4

Elessar
01-18-2018, 12:19 AM
Enough.

He is gone and should not be attacked by someone who was not into the fight to begin with.

gabosaurus
01-18-2018, 12:44 AM
Enough.
He is gone and should not be attacked by someone who was not into the fight to begin with.

So who is attacking him? The thread has nothing to do with GB. It is about something completely different. Or perhaps you didn't get that far. Would you like to comment on the thread topic itself?

Gunny
01-18-2018, 09:16 AM
So who is attacking him? The thread has nothing to do with GB. It is about something completely different. Or perhaps you didn't get that far. Would you like to comment on the thread topic itself?Point is, I was not being racist. Not by any real definition. Last I checked, stupid doesn't have a color.

However, in the for instance of MLK day, stupid people who happen to be black carry on like they knew the man and even understand what he said and what he stood for. MLK was against almost everything these people represent. They carry on with a holiday and festivities and mindless speeches in honor of a man who would be appalled to see the mockery they have made of his name. In that regard, sure I protest the sheer hypocrisy of it all and damned sure am not participating in it, nor paying it any kind of special homage.

I DO own the movies, and I DID have them on all day. Had anyone looked at the TCM lineup which is where I started in the morning actually, it was blacksploitation movies all day. Movies from the 30s and 40s full of "yasuh's" and "Loady, Loady, look at dat's", shuffle-footed, subservient, illiterate blacks with the maturity of 5 years old children. Nice. Just what I wanted to see.

Stupid, insincere people gripe my a$$.

Black Diamond
01-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Point is, I was not being racist. Not by any real definition. Last I checked, stupid doesn't have a color.

However, in the for instance of MLK day, stupid people who happen to be black carry on like they knew the man and even understand what he said and what he stood for. MLK was against almost everything these people represent. They carry on with a holiday and festivities and mindless speeches in honor of a man who would be appalled to see the mockery they have made of his name. In that regard, sure I protest the sheer hypocrisy of it all and damned sure am not participating in it, nor paying it any kind of special homage.

I DO own the movies, and I DID have them on all day. Had anyone looked at the TCM lineup which is where I started in the morning actually, it was blacksploitation movies all day. Movies from the 30s and 40s full of "yasuh's" and "Loady, Loady, look at dat's", shuffle-footed, subservient, illiterate blacks with the maturity of 5 years old children. Nice. Just what I wanted to see.

Stupid, insincere people gripe my a$$.
Yeah you watched birth of a nation six times in a row. :cool:

Gunny
01-18-2018, 09:28 AM
Yeah you watched birth of a nation six times in a row. :cool:Once. A long time ago. In sociology class as a matter of fact. Seen Gone With the Wind a bunch of times AND read the novel. Surprised if it's not banned in schools by now even though it's really a story about a conniving golddigger with the Civil War as a backdrop.

I truly don't like or dislike blacks anymore than I hate everyone else :)

Black Diamond
01-18-2018, 09:43 AM
Once. A long time ago. In sociology class as a matter of fact. Seen Gone With the Wind a bunch of times AND read the novel. Surprised if it's not banned in schools by now even though it's really a story about a conniving golddigger with the Civil War as a backdrop.

I truly don't like or dislike blacks anymore than I hate everyone else :)
Yeah is gone with the wind even shown in theatres anymore ?

Gunny
01-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Yeah is gone with the wind even shown in theatres anymore ?Where've YOU been hiding? It makes it's annual showing on TNT. Last time I saw that in a theater was 1970. I remember one of the networks showing it on prime time TV around 76. A big, 2-nite event :) Probably get hate mail for even putting it on cable now.

Black Diamond
01-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Where've YOU been hiding? It makes it's annual showing on TNT. Last time I saw that in a theater was 1970. I remember one of the networks showing it on prime time TV around 76. A big, 2-nite event :) Probably get hate mail for even putting it on cable now.
I'm amazed. Surprised tnt hasn't been boycotted. I own the movie so I don't have to look for it. Might be fun to see it on the big screen, though.

Gunny
01-18-2018, 10:00 AM
I'm amazed. Surprised tnt hasn't been boycotted. I own the movie so I don't have to look for it. Might be fun to see it on the big screen, though.Was okay. I guess. Saw it in a theater in MD right outside DC when my dad was stationed there. Too long for 10 years old kid. First time I'd seen an "intermission" and I was ready to GO. Once I had decided it wasn't a real western and John Wayne wasn't in it, it was a done deal :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-18-2018, 12:13 PM
So who is attacking him? The thread has nothing to do with GB. It is about something completely different. Or perhaps you didn't get that far. Would you like to comment on the thread topic itself?

As an aside, I am often amazed by the way some people act while under the influence.
Where does all the anger come from? Take away that filter we have before we speak, and some people let some really ugly stuff come out.

Black Diamond
01-18-2018, 12:21 PM
As an aside, I am often amazed by the way some people act while under the influence.
Where does all the anger come from? Take away that filter we have before we speak, and some people let some really ugly stuff come out.
Cocaine?

Elessar
01-18-2018, 12:36 PM

I did comment on the thread topic...or caption.

Point is: Gravy is no longer here, so why caption a non-member? Pretty
weak. You should have been here when he was active.

LongTermGuy
01-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Cocaine?

"Maybe...But dont matter anymore"
http://nypdecider.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/tony-soprano-ending-578.gif?w=578&h=386&crop=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bEUaeG4wH4

aboutime
01-18-2018, 03:32 PM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/485d708958a6d8258c9e1ef8c457e668/tumblr_ohrpkwDEDD1qg7mgao1_500.gif

High_Plains_Drifter
01-18-2018, 09:28 PM
Ya know, the video does illustrate a huge double standard. The white girl saying nigger gets her world turned upside down, but blacks can call each other nigger all day long... now why is that?

If blacks are so offended by being called nigger, then why do they call each other nigger? That just doesn't make any sense in my book. If they really hate it, then quit calling each other that.

I guarantee you, turn on Spotify and find a rap station, and there's many, and it won't take but a couple songs before you hear some black rapper saying nigger this, nigger that. How is that different than what the girl in the video did?

I already know the answer to much of this, and it's just a huge hypocritical double standard plain and simple, but that shouldn't be allowed. If the word is bad, then EVERYONE should quit using it... EVERYONE! It shouldn't be tolerated AT ALL, and that includes blacks using it, otherwise, don't get on some girls case in a video if she says nigger... I mean... so what?

aboutime
01-18-2018, 10:15 PM
Ya know, the video does illustrate a huge double standard. The white girl saying nigger gets her world turned upside down, but blacks can call each other nigger all day long... now why is that?

If blacks are so offended by being called nigger, then why do they call each other nigger? That just doesn't make any sense in my book. If they really hate it, then quit calling each other that.

I guarantee you, turn on Spotify and find a rap station, and there's many, and it won't take but a couple songs before you hear some black rapper saying nigger this, nigger that. How is that different than what the girl in the video did?

I already know the answer to much of this, and it's just a huge hypocritical double standard plain and simple, but that shouldn't be allowed. If the word is bad, then EVERYONE should quit using it... EVERYONE! It shouldn't be tolerated AT ALL, and that includes blacks using it, otherwise, don't get on some girls case in a video if she says nigger... I mean... so what?

High_Plains. There's only ONE, honest answer I can come up with about why they can use the N word if they are black, and a white person can't.

STUPIDITY!

Notice, whenever they use that word...some familiar words nearly always follow the N word. Words heard on the street, in the gutters of Ghetto's, and even in mixed company.

The most used words with the N word are.."Mother F.......r!" "Co.. Sucker!", and just plain old "Fu****r!" It's because of the lack of intelligence, and the need to use easy words they don't have to think twice about when calling each other the "N" word.

As I have said before. Democrats NEED Black People to be uneducated, uninformed, and lacking intelligence in order to convince them to always VOTE for DEMOCRATS.