PDA

View Full Version : New National Defense Strategy Lists China, Russia As Threats

Gunny
01-19-2018, 09:45 PM
OAN NewsroomUPDATED 12:58 PT — Fri. January 19, 2018The Pentagon released a new defense strategy that signals a change in U.S. military priorities.
Secretary of Defense James Mattis unveiled the new strategy Friday, which shifts focus from radical Islamic terrorism to countering aggressive nation states.

The secretary said dealing with nuclear ambitions of North Korea and Iran as well as tensions with China and Russia were among the top defense priorities.
The move comes as China has continued to be an ally to North Korea, and as Russia pushes it’s geographic boundaries into neighboring countries.
“We face growing threats from revisionist powers as different as China and Russia, nations that seek to create a world consistent with their authoritarian models -pursuing veto authority over other nation’s economic, diplomatic, and security decisions,” stated Secretary Mattis.
The new strategy calls for strategic alliances such as NATO to continue, but other nations must share the cost burden.
It’s the first defense strategy the Pentagon has released in a decade.
http://www.oann.com/new-national-defense-strategy-lists-china-russia-as-threats/

Saw this coming. We're spread too thin without any leadership for 8 years, and this is what you get. Ivan and Chum-Li have been doing whatever the Hell the want while we've been looking the other way. We have to maintain our technological advantage. From the looks of things, we sure as can't count on any millenials for manower. They don't issue Huggies Pullups in boot camp.

Elessar
01-19-2018, 09:49 PM
http://www.oann.com/new-national-defense-strategy-lists-china-russia-as-threats/

Saw this coming. We're spread too thin without any leadership for 8 years, and this is what you get. Ivan and Chum-Li have been doing whatever the Hell the want while we've been looking the other way. We have to maintain our technological advantage. From the looks of things, we sure as can't count on any millenials for manower. They don't issue Huggies Pullups in boot camp.

You are the only one seeing this?

Guess what.

I saw it with both Bill Clinton and that racist waste Obama.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 03:47 PM
I'd say start the draft back up but, lots of millennials are fat ass little snowflakes. We'd need to rejuvenate the FAT CAMPS first.

Pentagon: 7 in 10 Youths Would Fail to Qualify for Military Service

http://time.com/2938158/youth-fail-to-qualify-military-service/

I do believe though that a 2 year mandatory military service term would be good for America. Teach these little indoctrinated, lard ass punks a little something about the real world. No safe places, no coloring books and play dough, no petting puppies and participation trophies. It sure would break the cycle of these leftist brain washing centers we erroneously call colleges from turning out good little fascists and bubble assed wimps.

Gunny
01-20-2018, 07:47 PM
You are the only one seeing this?

Guess what.

I saw it with both Bill Clinton and that racist waste Obama.I lived through Clinton doing it, and inherited what Carter had left when I first joined, which wasn't much.

Even if I had stayed in the Corps, I would NEVER have served under Obama. I'd have been at 28 when he took office. That means "C-YA" at MY leisure.

Elessar
01-20-2018, 07:59 PM
I lived through Clinton doing it, and inherited what Carter had left when I first joined, which wasn't much.

Even if I had stayed in the Corps, I would NEVER have served under Obama. I'd have been at 28 when he took office. That means "C-YA" at MY leisure.

I remember the Carter years.

We were so under-funded then that we did not have enough money for fuel for training.
I had to train boat crewmen while underway on a case.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 08:02 PM
I lived through Clinton doing it, and inherited what Carter had left when I first joined, which wasn't much.

I could have had 19 years, 364 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds in with ONE SECOND LEFT to get full retirement and I'd have hit CBPO DEMANDING an early out under that DISGUSTING America hating muslim dog turd... just sayin... I wouldn't have served under someone who I believed was ILLEGALLY the president... not for ONE SECOND.

I respected those who stuck their neck to too... great men... the kind the kenyan PURGED from the military for 8 years...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/36478557/ns/us_news-life/t/army-officer-wont-accept-obama-chief/#.WmPmXqjtxPY

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 08:05 PM
Thank God I was in during the majority of the Reagan years. First thing he did was get us all a massive raise. I think it was 8.7%

aboutime
01-20-2018, 08:25 PM
I've said it all before. Posted the warnings. Lived through most of it, served through all of it until Clinton created the word DOWNSIZING.

Watched hundreds of highly experienced, dedicated Navy LIFER'S get the ax with offers of Early Out for big bucks...and no retirement. That's how bad CLINTON's military became with MICROMANAGED stupidity taking over in the Pentagon....and OBAMA liked it too!
Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States, William J. ...
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0160636892
National Archives and Records Administration - 1998 - ‎Political Science
He's too modest to tell you, but we did downsize the Government, but we didn't put those Federal employees in the street. We didn't cast them off and forget about them. We gave them early retirement. We helped them find other things to do. And we used the opportunity of the savings to do things like put 100,000 more ...