PDA

View Full Version : The #SchumerShutDown... Dems Overplay Their Hand...

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Yup... that's what's treading on twitter right now, #SchumerShutDown, and #DemocratObstructionist, both.

Historically the dems have had a lap dog propaganda wing that blamed republicans for shut downs and the repubs really had no way to adequately respond, so they caved. This time is different. For one, the republicans have a president that's got huge balls and is more than ready to stick it right back at the dems, and there's social media, and there's the fact that what the dems want is amnesty for 3.6 million illegal alien DACA people and their 8 million relatives... FOR VOTES, which has NOTHING to do with the budget, but yet Chuckie cheese Schumer has decided to play chicken with president Trump over the budget trying to push amnesty for illegal aliens.

I think the dems have pushed too far this time. They had a good 55 minute meeting where the president told them, flat out, that he would give them a DACA deal, but in return he had to have wall funding, an end to chain immigration and visa lottery immigration, and it's as simple as that. But no, DICK Durbin had to run to the democrat propaganda wing and blow that deal right out of the water lying about the president cussing.

I don't know WTF is wrong is democrats. I think these people are defective, trashy, low life, anti American garbage, and this shut down won't be blamed on republicans this time. They might try, but like the collusion witch hunt, it's going to back fire. The dems have really been digging themselves a HOLE in the last 10 years or so, and it almost looks like they're reaching critical mass. The melt down is epic.

NightTrain
01-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Yep, government shut down over illegals that shouldn't be here in the first place. That's real... patriotic. :rolleyes:

It's already shut down, I say stay the course. Deport all of them and then Congress can get to work on real issues without the bullshit distraction of legalizing new democrats looking for handouts.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Yep, government shut down over illegals that shouldn't be here in the first place. That's real... patriotic. :rolleyes:

It's already shut down, I say stay the course. Deport all of them and then Congress can get to work on real issues without the bullshit distraction of legalizing new democrats looking for handouts.
I think with president Trump's leadership and GUTS to stick it right back at the dems, the repubs might just be finding some of their spines. The president has brass balls, and I like that. Here's his most recent tweet, and it doesn't look to me like he's ready to cave to the dems any time soon, and I love that even more...

https://image.ibb.co/degAuG/tweet.jpg

CSM
01-20-2018, 10:20 AM
It is very telling that the Dems are more worried about non citizens than they are citizens.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 10:39 AM
It is very telling that the Dems are more worried about non citizens than they are citizens.
They don't care about them as in being compassionate, all they are to dems is VOTES.

As the economy picks up and America gets back to work and people's lives improve, democrats have to keep a constant flow of uneducated, underclass, dependent on government hand outs people flowing into America for votes. This has been obvious for decades, and now the dems slipped up and admitted it, aside from the fact that their actions prove it every day. If illegal aliens and refugees voted republican, you'd see a wall already built, not a sanctuary city in sight, and the strictest enforcement of immigration laws ever witnessed.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/10/dreamers-critical-to-dems-electoral-success-palmieri-memo-says.html

pete311
01-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Trump said he's sign anything that was presented to him. Guess what, last week a bipartisian bill was presented to him and he vetoed it. Even McConnell says he has no idea what Trump would sign. This is on Trump! They had a deal!

Black Diamond
01-20-2018, 12:02 PM
Here's a post from Facebook I like

Government shutdown you say? If you’re one of the people that votes Democrat I don’t want to hear you cry about it. I’m sure you think it’s all Trump’s fault too huh? How dare he demand a boarder wall right? It’s called National Security and it’s the government’s main priority according to the Constitution. Not that you’ve taken the time to read it. So these morons are putting ILLEGAL immigrants before their own citizens. Let that sink in. Now, if you want to rally for immigration reform, I’ll get behind you. Until then, fuck off.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 12:56 PM
Trump said he's sign anything that was presented to him. Guess what, last week a bipartisian bill was presented to him and he vetoed it. Even McConnell says he has no idea what Trump would sign. This is on Trump! They had a deal!
He also said, "no wall, no end to chain migration, no end to the visa lottery and no deal." He was talking about DACA when he said he'd sign it, but that didn't mean shutting down the government by attaching this amnesty for continued illegal alien invasion to a budget CR. But then DICK Durbin had to run to the democrat propaganda cabal and BLOW THAT DEAL.

This is the Schumer shut down, Pete, and everyone knows it... sorry... the dems own this one, period.

Hypocrites... democrats... one and all... scared they're going to lose their voting base of illegal aliens...

https://image.ibb.co/kSDtyb/schumer.jpg

pete311
01-20-2018, 01:08 PM
Here's a post from Facebook I like

Government shutdown you say? If you’re one of the people that votes Democrat I don’t want to hear you cry about it. I’m sure you think it’s all Trump’s fault too huh? How dare he demand a boarder wall right? It’s called National Security and it’s the government’s main priority according to the Constitution. Not that you’ve taken the time to read it. So these morons are putting ILLEGAL immigrants before their own citizens. Let that sink in. Now, if you want to rally for immigration reform, I’ll get behind you. Until then, fuck off.

It's highly debatable just how effective a wall will be.

pete311
01-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Trump spoke to “Fox & Friends” in 2013 and was asked who would be fired during a government shutdown, as shown in a clip posted by "Morning Joe."

“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”
He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

“So I really think the pressure is on the president,” he added.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369756-trumps-comments-blaming-obama-for-2013-government-shutdown-resurface

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 01:18 PM
Trump spoke to “Fox & Friends” in 2013 and was asked who would be fired during a government shutdown, as shown in a clip posted by "Morning Joe."

“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top,” Trump said. “I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”
He said that further down in history, “when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time.”

“They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington,” Trump said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369756-trumps-comments-blaming-obama-for-2013-government-shutdown-resurface
Nope... not this time... Shutdown Schumer and the democraps own this one, no matter how hard you lefties try and blame it on president Trump.

He tried, he did just what he said he'd do, and the democrats blew it. They're hypocrites and shysters.

They are opposed to NOTHING in the CR... NOTHING... but they want to play this game of CHICKEN with the president over AMNESTY for millions of illegal aliens, which we know the dems NEED to keep getting reelected. We understand this is do or die for democraps, but this time they've gone too far. They pushed their luck with a president that isn't afraid to stand up to them and it's back firing.

Funky Winkerbean
01-20-2018, 03:07 PM
The Democrats are wrong here, they see illegal immigrants as canon fodder for their electorate and nothing more. But then government will always be the greatest impediment to our freedoms, hopefully the Federal Government never reopens.

pete311
01-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Nope... not this time... Shutdown Schumer and the democraps own this one, no matter how hard you lefties try and blame it on president Trump.

He tried, he did just what he said he'd do, and the democrats blew it. They're hypocrites and shysters.

They are opposed to NOTHING in the CR... NOTHING... but they want to play this game of CHICKEN with the president over AMNESTY for millions of illegal aliens, which we know the dems NEED to keep getting reelected. We understand this is do or die for democraps, but this time they've gone too far. They pushed their luck with a president that isn't afraid to stand up to them and it's back firing.

Not this time? How convenient. Funny how you don't blame repubs. There was a BIPARTISIAN deal and Trump who said would sign anything because he "respects them" rejected it.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 03:16 PM
The Democrats are wrong here, they see illegal immigrants as canon fodder for their electorate and nothing more. But then government will always be the greatest impediment to our freedoms, hopefully the Federal Government never reopens.
The term "illegal immigrant" is an oxymoron.

First off, to be an immigrant in America you must first and foremost be here legally. If you are here illegally and weren't born here, then you are one illegal, and two an alien, period, thus an illegal alien.

The term illegal immigrant is nothing more than one more leftist name change game concoction to dupe the easily misled as to what something really is in an attempt to make them sound more appealing, less threatening, etc. Just one more democrat hypocritical deception tactic. They hate to be exposed as what their true radical agenda really is.

pete311
01-20-2018, 03:17 PM

immigrant is a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country, whether illegal or not.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 03:21 PM
immigrant is a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country, whether illegal or not.
Sorry, but no. That is a criminal.

Immigrants enter a country legally and obey the immigration laws and properly assimilate into that nations citizenry.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 03:39 PM
Not this time? How convenient. Funny how you don't blame repubs. There was a BIPARTISIAN deal and Trump who said would sign anything because he "respects them" rejected it.
By "bipartisan," are you trying to float the insane joke Lindsey Grahamnesty and his illegal alien coddling dem brothers put together? Grahamnesty was NOT representing the REPUBLICANS and you KNOW IT.

Puuulease, Pete... get real... :rolleyes:

mundame
01-20-2018, 03:40 PM

First off, to be an immigrant in America you must first and foremost be here legally. If you are here illegally and weren't born here, then you are one illegal, and two an alien, period, thus an illegal alien.

The term illegal immigrant is nothing more than one more leftist name change game concoction to dupe the easily misled as to what something really is in an attempt to make them sound more appealing, less threatening, etc. Just one more democrat hypocritical deception tactic. They hate to be exposed as what their true radical agenda really is.

You are right! I have to remember that point, it's a good one.

I particularly hate word sculpting to promote agendas. Like transgender or transsexual, which both assume the issue in question can actually be done, sex changing.

Okay, illegal aliens.

Black Diamond
01-20-2018, 04:19 PM
It's highly debatable just how effective a wall will be.
Ask Berliners how effective a wall is.

Gunny
01-20-2018, 04:23 PM

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/369756-trumps-comments-blaming-obama-for-2013-government-shutdown-resurfaceYep. I'd start at the top of the Democratic Party chain and start firing idiots. I would hold the President responsible if he was the one obstructing progress. He is not in this case. The Democratic Party is. You pinpoint the obstruction and remove it. All for it.

Black Diamond
01-20-2018, 04:24 PM
Maybe the President should ride his bike around the White House like bubba did.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 04:28 PM
Maybe the President should ride his bike around the White House like bubba did.
Or the little muslim, kenyan fag...

https://image.ibb.co/hw3XPG/obama_on_bike.jpg

Gunny
01-20-2018, 04:28 PM
Not this time? How convenient. Funny how you don't blame repubs. There was a BIPARTISIAN deal and Trump who said would sign anything because he "respects them" rejected it.Again, wrong. Trump did not say he would sign "anything". He said he would sign "anything THAT INCLUDED .....". Stop misquoting. How convenient of YOU to tailor a statement which changes its intent to suit your argument.

No Republicans to blame. Who threatened to, then DID shut down Congress? No Jeopardy theme required for the answer. American citizens are being held hostage for illegal alien votes. Call it what it is.

Gunny
01-20-2018, 04:34 PM
immigrant is a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country, whether illegal or not."Alien" is a person foreign to the place it is present. "Illegal" for the purpose and intent of the term "illegal alien" means those people foreign to the country they currently are present by means of illegal entry and whose presence is illegal.

Let me know if you need some more 3rd grade definitions.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 04:35 PM
American citizens are being held hostage for illegal alien votes. Call it what it is.
I've been hammering that point all afternoon on twitter. No point in trying to hide it since the democraps have already admitted it...

Dreamers 'critical' to Dems' 'electoral success,' Palmieri memo says

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/10/dreamers-critical-to-dems-electoral-success-palmieri-memo-says.html

The leftists are between a rock and hard place right now...

Here’s everything you need to know about Democrats, they call Americans “deplorables” and illegal aliens “dreamers.”

-Dan Bongino

Gunny
01-20-2018, 04:46 PM
I've been hammering that point all afternoon on twitter. No point in trying to hide it since the democraps have already admitted it...

Dreamers 'critical' to Dems' 'electoral success,' Palmieri memo says

The leftists are between a rock and hard place right now...

Here’s everything you need to know about Democrats, they call Americans “deplorables” and illegal immigrants “dreamers.”

-Dan BonginoThe can dream all they want to. From THEIR side of the border, standing in line to LEGALLY enter the US.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 04:58 PM
The can dream all they want to. From THEIR side of the border, standing in line to LEGALLY enter the US.
And ya know... it's too bad this situation exists. I don't mind Mexicans. There's a lot of them up here in WI that work on the farms. They're "usually" polite and you don't hear about any problems with them here like MS-13. If there was a bunch of that element around here these good ole boys would play cowboys and Mexicans with them and end that shit right now. But Mexico is our neighbor. I wish they weren't invading our nation illegally is all. They can come here LEGALLY all they want, but just INVADE ILLEGALLY by the MILLIONS, aaaahhh... no... that I have a problem with.

aboutime
01-20-2018, 05:02 PM

petey... the least you could do is tell THE ENTIRE story. YES. I heard Trump say that as well.
But, what you failed...intentionally... to mention, was IN CONTEXT.
Trump had also told everybody there..."As long as it included THE WALL, and the Chain Migration.
Trump’s list of demands included overhauling the country’s green-card system, a crackdown on unaccompanied minors entering the country, and building his promised wall.
So, the Lame Stream Press you Idolize, and always believe petey....managed to convince you that like the good liberal you are. TRUMP was lying, when they Intentionally didn't tell the whole story.

NightTrain
01-20-2018, 05:17 PM

:laugh2:

Ummm... no.

Want to take another stab at that, sparky?

Gunny
01-20-2018, 05:44 PM
And ya know... it's too bad this situation exists. I don't mind Mexicans. There's a lot of them up here in WI that work on the farms. They're "usually" polite and you don't hear about any problems with them here like MS-13. If there was a bunch of that element around here these good ole boys would play cowboys and Mexicans with them and end that shit right now. But Mexico is our neighbor. I wish they weren't invading our nation illegally is all. They can come here LEGALLY all they want, but just INVADE ILLEGALLY by the MILLIONS, aaaahhh... no... that I have a problem with.I an from and live in S. Texas. My neighbors are all Mexican-American. Some of my friends are. Most of my co-workers were. My aunt by marriage is a Mexican National LEGALLY here. don't bother me much at all. I honestly never think of it.

I feel EXACTLY the same on the issue as a White Russian born in the Caucus Mountains here illegally. If you ain't legal, GTFO.

pete311
01-20-2018, 05:53 PM
Sorry, but no. That is a criminal.

Immigrants enter a country legally and obey the immigration laws and properly assimilate into that nations citizenry.

You are adding to the definition. Look it up. I literally copy and pasted it.

pete311
01-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Yep. I'd start at the top of the Democratic Party chain and start firing idiots. I would hold the President responsible if he was the one obstructing progress. He is not in this case. The Democratic Party is. You pinpoint the obstruction and remove it. All for it.

Sure he is, McConnell said he has no idea what Trump would pass. Trump went to bed as congress was debating last night.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 06:01 PM
I added because it appeared you were still confused.

ILLEGAL - in this nation illegally.
ALIEN - not born here.

ILLEGAL ALIEN - in this nation illegally and not born here.

We don't play your word games, Pete... sorry.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Sure he is, McConnell said he has no idea what Trump would pass. Trump went to bed as congress was debating last night.
Why should he stay up when he knows as well as everyone else this is Schumer's game of chicken attempting to make him cave?

I know the dems are used to repubs caving, and a repub president caving.

Didn't ball game now, Pete. No more caving.

We all know it's because the dems need illegal aliens to vote for them, period, but that just isn't going to happen. Sorry but your party is in a world of hurt right now... and probably for a good portion of the future...

pete311
01-20-2018, 06:16 PM
I added because it appeared you were still confused.

ILLEGAL - in this nation illegally.
ALIEN - not born here.

ILLEGAL ALIEN - in this nation illegally and not born here.

We don't play your word games, Pete... sorry.

We're talking about the definition of the word immigrant.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 06:18 PM
We're talking about the definition of the word immigrant.
No, we're not. We're talking about the misuse of the word immigrant where alien is the appropriate term.

Why are you having such a hard time with this? Something still confusing you?

pete311
01-20-2018, 06:26 PM
No, we're not. We're talking about the misuse of the word immigrant where alien is the appropriate term.

Why are you having such a hard time with this? Something still confusing you?

Where in the definition does it mention legality? Are you so much of a snowflake that you need to insult every post?

pete311
01-20-2018, 06:27 PM
Schumer tried to give Trump funding for border wall in exchange for DACA protections
https://thinkprogress.org/schumer-wall-shutdown-11ddf1bb3d7c/

Elessar
01-20-2018, 06:32 PM
I do not know why the democrats have such a problem with recognizing violations of our laws.

My Dad's grandparents legally immigrated from Austria back in 1898. They assimilated and
became citizens, opening a butcher shop in Cicero Illinois.

What is so damn hard about coming here legally?

Black Diamond
01-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Where in the definition does it mention legality? Are you so much of a snowflake that you need to insult every post?
Pot meet kettle

aboutime
01-20-2018, 06:39 PM
Schumer tried to give Trump funding for border wall in exchange for DACA protections

Yeah. Trump needed 20 billion, and out of the Dirtiness of his lame mind...Schumer offered 2 Billion. What a trade for DACA, that OBAMA started ILLEGALLY, against the Constitution, and left idiots like you petey, to laugh along with Obama....leaving turds everywhere that even smelled like the DNC put them there from their CESSPOOL.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Well, it appears now you're having trouble with TWO terms.

One, "snowflake" was coined by conservatives to describe liberals. Have you so little imagination that you have to steal and misuse that term also?

And two, you're really just doubling down and playing ignorant. There's not much else I can do to help you out at this point. Immigrants legally immigrate, or they're not immigrants, they're criminals... illegal aliens... sorry, end of story.

Three... I have not INSULTED you ONCE in this exchange. Get off that kick.

Black Diamond
01-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Yeah. Trump needed 20 billion, and out of the Dirtiness of his lame mind...Schumer offered 2 Billion. What a trade for DACA, that OBAMA started ILLEGALLY, against the Constitution, and left idiots like you petey, to laugh along with Obama....leaving turds everywhere that even smelled like the DNC put them there from their CESSPOOL.
2 instead or 20. That's funny

jimnyc
01-20-2018, 07:03 PM
Trump wants funding for a wall. This is to help border security and to prevent illegals from entering our country like an open faucet at times. Democrats are working to help folks in the country illegally. Look, whatever, help these "dreamers", but they aren't worthy of shutting down our government, and having legal Americans and veterans perhaps suffer as a result. They are/were trying to strong arm to get what they want using the government shutdown as their ransom, and their plan has failed apparently.

I think in the end that both will more or less get what they want, or at least to some extent.

A shame in the mean time that the Democrats held up any potential winning of a vote for stop gap funding, and they and supporters want to ignore that little tidbit.

The next thing is whether or not this gets fixed before the weekend is out? I think they put something into place to prevent this from going any further, even if it's only a very temporary funding.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 07:08 PM
Trump wants funding for a wall. This is to help border security and to prevent illegals from entering our country like an open faucet at times. Democrats are working to help folks in the country illegally. Look, whatever, help these "dreamers", but they aren't worthy of shutting down our government, and having legal Americans and veterans perhaps suffer as a result. They are/were trying to strong arm to get what they want using the government shutdown as their ransom, and their plan has failed apparently.

I think in the end that both will more or less get what they want, or at least to some extent.

A shame in the mean time that the Democrats held up any potential winning of a vote for stop gap funding, and they and supporters want to ignore that little tidbit.

The next thing is whether or not this gets fixed before the weekend is out? I think they put something into place to prevent this from going any further, even if it's only a very temporary funding.
The dems are fighting for their life. I understand why they're in such a tizzy. If they can't secure the illegal aliens for votes... they're fucked... pretty simple.

jimnyc
01-20-2018, 07:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1cYygB0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/chf9ZC6.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I0KlPs3.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Outstanding... all went on my twitter.

aboutime
01-20-2018, 09:46 PM
HARRY REID is responsible for the Democrat Senate Stupidity they are about to experience.
REID changed the Senate rules that the GOP used for Gorsuch. But...their Trick for the Nuclear option of 60 votes may, and should come back to bite them.

Schumer is on the Melting Ice Block. He has shown AMERICANS who really care. How the Dems are purposely causing OBSTRUCTION....even when they actually get what they wanted in the Bill proposed by the GOP. If Schumer, and his crybabies hold out for DACA. They may get the REAL RESULTS in November...when everyone will be reminded DEMOCRATS VOTED AGAINST THE CHIPS program for Children...at six years until it expires.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 10:16 PM
I wonder why turtle face McConnell doesn't pull the nuclear option like dingy harry did...

aboutime
01-20-2018, 10:34 PM
I wonder why turtle face McConnell doesn't pull the nuclear option like dingy harry did...

High_Plains. He is unable to, according to Senate rules.
Otherwise....I'm sure they would have used it Friday Nite.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_option
The nuclear option (or constitutional option) is a parliamentary procedure that allows the United States Senate to override a rule or precedent by a simple majority of 51 votes, instead of by a supermajority of 60 votes. The option is invoked by the presiding officer of the body ruling that the validity of a Senate rule or precedent is a constitutional question. The issue is immediately put to the full Senate, which decides by majority vote. The procedure thus allows the Senate to decide any issue by majority vote, regardless of existing procedural rules, such as current Senate rules specifying that ending a filibuster requires the consent of 60 senators (out of 100) for legislation, and 67 for amending a Senate rule. The term "nuclear option" is an analogy to nuclear weapons being the most extreme option in warfare.

The nuclear option has only been used in practice twice (in 2013 and 2017), however the threat to use it dates back at least to 1917, in opinions related to reform of the Senate's filibuster rules. Subsequently, an opinion written by Vice President Richard Nixon in 1957 concluded that the U.S. Constitution grants the presiding officer the authority to override existing Senate rules.[1] The option was used to make further rule changes in 1975.[2] In November 2013, Senate Democrats used the nuclear option to eliminate filibusters on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments other than those to the Supreme Court. On April 6, 2017, Senate Republicans used the nuclear option to eliminate the exception for Supreme Court nominees, after the nomination of Neil Gorsuch failed to meet the requirement of 60 votes for ending the debate.[3]

Before November 2013, Senate rules required a three-fifths vote of the "duly chosen and sworn" members of the Senate (usually 60 votes) to end debate on a bill, nomination or other proposal; they also require a two-thirds vote ("present and voting" – 67 or more votes) to end debate on a change to the Senate rules. Those rules effectively allowed a minority of the Senate to block a bill or nomination through the technique of the filibuster. This had resulted in a de facto requirement that a nomination have the support of 60 Senators to pass, rather than a majority of 51. A three-fifths majority vote is still required to end debates on legislation.[4] Before April 2017, Senate rules required a three-fifths vote to confirm nominations for Supreme Court nominees.

Under the new nuclear option proceedings, the majority leader and presiding officer, guided by parliamentary experts, go through a series of choreographed steps in which the leader asserts that the rules do not mean what they say, the presiding officer challenges him, and then the leader calls a vote to overrule the presiding officer, which requires only 51 votes.[5] This effectively ends what had become a 60-vote requirement for confirmation of a nominee or appointee or for the passage of legislation.

NightTrain
01-20-2018, 11:03 PM

Thinkprogress, huh?

Why not trot out some DU whilst you're quoting certified moonbat bullshit?

High_Plains_Drifter
01-20-2018, 11:12 PM
Under the new nuclear option proceedings, the majority leader and presiding officer, guided by parliamentary experts, go through a series of choreographed steps in which the leader asserts that the rules do not mean what they say, the presiding officer challenges him, and then the leader calls a vote to overrule the presiding officer, which requires only 51 votes.[5] This effectively ends what had become a 60-vote requirement for confirmation of a nominee or appointee or for the passage of legislation.
But can't McConnell just change things as he sees fits, since it appears that's what dingy harry did... (?)

Gunny
01-20-2018, 11:23 PM
But can't McConnell just change things as he sees fits, since it appears that's what dingy harry did... (?)I'd say it's because the parties are different. Democrats demand you vote with the party. Republicans refuse to for whatever reason. They have to many wild hairs on their own programs. As individuals they come up with some okay stuff sometimes, but they aren't team players. Cruz and Paul. Then there's that Democrat in Republican clothing Rubio. McLame. If McConnel had the votes, he could just shove the crap down the Dem's throats.

That's what pissed me off about Bush and his majority Congress. He HAD the numbers and didn't do much with it. The left turned around and just rammed Obama's shit down our throats, like it or not.

Look at DACA. DACA isn't even a law. It's an order issued by a President who did not have the authority to change or write law. It's unconstitutional/contradicts actual law and the division of powers.

Yet the entire US is being held hostage over it. The Dems play as dirty as it gets. I'm all for just hammering them out of business. If this backfires on their asses good enough, they may very well be.

Elessar
01-21-2018, 01:25 AM
Or the little muslim, kenyan fag...

https://image.ibb.co/hw3XPG/obama_on_bike.jpg

Training wheels?:laugh:

Elessar
01-21-2018, 01:29 AM

Use your own mind for a change.

I know immigration laws and what the liberal Dems have been pushing for years
is contrary to those laws.

When will you snowflakes get it straight?

pete311
01-21-2018, 10:40 AM
Thinkprogress, huh?

Why not trot out some DU whilst you're quoting certified moonbat bullshit?

The quotes are what is important and I don't even think TP would falsify quotes.

pete311
01-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Use your own mind for a change.

I know immigration laws and what the liberal Dems have been pushing for years
is contrary to those laws.

When will you snowflakes get it straight?

Ah so we should all make up our own definitions. Makes sense :lol:

aboutime
01-21-2018, 02:25 PM
But can't McConnell just change things as he sees fits, since it appears that's what dingy harry did... (?)

They would have to change the Senate Rules back to before Dingy harry changed them. And that would just make more room for the Dems to Filibuster, preventing any MAJORITY votes to work with the Vice President making the TIE BREAKING VOTE.

If they change it back. Forget about any more Supreme Court Appointments other than Liberal.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:10 PM
They would have to change the Senate Rules back to before Dingy harry changed them. And that would just make more room for the Dems to Filibuster, preventing any MAJORITY votes to work with the Vice President making the TIE BREAKING VOTE.

If they change it back. Forget about any more Supreme Court Appointments other than Liberal.
We will get a couple more Supreme Court justices and roe will be gone.

Elessar
01-21-2018, 11:30 PM
Ah so we should all make up our own definitions. Makes sense :lol:

Not making a damn thing up.

What part of Maritime Law Enforcement trained is so hard to understand?
We enforce Customs and Immigration Laws at sea in the territorial waters and EEZ
of the USA.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 11:41 PM
Not making a damn thing up.

What part of Maritime Law Enforcement trained is so hard to understand?
We enforce Customs and Immigration Laws at sea in the territorial waters and EEZ
of the USA.Pete's having a rough day. He's trying to defend Congressional Dems. I remember how bad it sucked having to carry out stupid orders when the CO was being particularly stupid that day :laugh:

Elessar
01-22-2018, 12:00 AM
Pete's having a rough day. He's trying to defend Congressional Dems. I remember how bad it sucked having to carry out stupid orders when the CO was being particularly stupid that day :laugh:

He blows so much smoke up his own ass that I am amazed he does not sit next to a CO2 extinguisher.

USCG and Customs enforce the law in the territoral sea - high water mark on shore out to 12 miles.

Out in the EEZ (200 miles), USCG and FBI. Navy cannot do it unless they have
a USCG Boarding Team aboard.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:13 AM
He blows so much smoke up his own ass that I am amazed he does not sit next to a CO2 extinguisher.

USCG and Customs enforce the law in the territoral sea - high water mark on shore out to 12 miles.

Out in the EEZ (200 miles), USCG and FBI. Navy cannot do it unless they have
a USCG Boarding Team aboard.I'm well aware the the CG enforces the law at sea. I used to live in Miami in the 70s. Y'all were just cops with boats as far as I was concerned.

Sat in the mangroves and watched y'all look for us more'n once :)

Elessar
01-22-2018, 12:39 AM
I'm well aware the the CG enforces the law at sea. I used to live in Miami in the 70s. Y'all were just cops with boats as far as I was concerned.

Sat in the mangroves and watched y'all look for us more'n once :)

I am sure you are aware.

Someone here does not know what is is talking about and trying to sound tough and important

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:43 AM
I am sure you are aware.

Someone here does not know what is is talking about and trying to sound tough and importantProbably couldn't do it now, or it'd be a lot harder, but we would scan y'all's radios. When you made a bust we'd be "strategically" located in y'all's wake and play finders-keepers with the bales the smugglers were tossing over the rail. Seventies technology was great :laugh:

Black Diamond
01-22-2018, 01:22 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11195&stc=1

aboutime
01-22-2018, 01:37 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11195&stc=1

Not to INSULT Elmo...of course!

High_Plains_Drifter
01-22-2018, 01:45 PM
https://image.ibb.co/d7qqTb/2.jpg

Gunny
01-22-2018, 01:46 PM
Elmo's MUCH better looking. And smarter. "Hi. I'm Elmo. Play with me." Brought to you by the letter "G". For grandkids :laugh:

Elessar
01-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Probably couldn't do it now, or it'd be a lot harder, but we would scan y'all's radios. When you made a bust we'd be "strategically" located in y'all's wake and play finders-keepers with the bales the smugglers were tossing over the rail. Seventies technology was great :laugh:

Frequencies changed and are coded now/encrypted.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 03:56 PM
Frequencies changed and are coded now/encrypted.Oh I'm sure. Probably be lucky to get a low freq SOS out on one of those old radios. :laugh: We built one in the carport from a Radio Shack kit. The world's not quite as naive and/or willing to turn a blind eye as it was in the 70s. Our phone hung on the wall in the kitchen and had upgraded to pushbuttons, and the tv had tubes in the back and tinfoil on the antenna :laugh: