PDA

View Full Version : Alleged CIA China turncoat Lee may have compromised U.S. spies in Russia too

pete311
01-21-2018, 10:54 AM
Pretty horrible situation
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/cia-china-turncoat-lee-may-have-compromised-u-s-spies-n839316

jimnyc
01-21-2018, 11:28 AM
Other than a title, no idea what this is about. Not even a snippet of the story for folks to read? And again, no added opinion of your own?

non story.

pete311
01-21-2018, 11:35 AM
Other than a title, no idea what this is about. Not even a snippet of the story for folks to read? And again, no added opinion of your own?

non story.

Maybe you could read the story. It's not partisan but of course you just want to revenge troll me.

"The arrest last week of a former CIA officer suspected of spying for China exposed one of the most significant intelligence breaches in American history. But the damage is even worse than first reported, sources familiar with the matter tell NBC News.A secret FBI–CIA task force investigating the case concluded that the Chinese government penetrated the CIA's method of clandestine communication with its spies, using that knowledge to arrest (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-created-job-suspected-spy-jerry-lee-lure-him-u-n838551) and execute at least 20 CIA informants, according to multiple current and former government officials.
American officials suspect China then shared that information with Russia, which employed it to expose, arrest and possibly even kill American spies in that country, said the current and former officials, who declined to be named discussing a highly sensitive matter. The possible sharing with Russia has not previously been reported."

Non story though right?

jimnyc
01-21-2018, 11:45 AM
Maybe you could read the story. It's not partisan but of course you just want to revenge troll me.

I never click on any link unless I know what I'm clicking on. What is the thread about, what is the story about, what is the OP's opinion on it....

It's not trolling to point out that you put in really no effort outside of the link, and there is nothing for anyone to go on here.

Generally speaking, most people when posting an article, will of course offer the title, perhaps a few allowed paragraphs, and of course their own take/opinion on the article. Hell, this is helping you nimrod, folks aren't going to want to bite into and chow down on something without any back end.

NOW it's not a nonstory, because you posted something for me to read!! I've been saying for well over a year now that our intel agencies, at least for me, aren't very trustworthy as of late. Mostly the FBI & DOJ. I think these agencies need some serious overhauling. Of course that can be AFTER the FBI & DOJ are finished being investigated themselves.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 05:14 PM
Seems to me if they don't want to go public the evidence they should just take the guy out. Otherwise he gets away with it.