PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich: Dems 'Will Never Win' Fight to Protect Illegals Over Troops

jimnyc
01-21-2018, 12:52 PM
I don't know if the democrats think they are winning on this one, or are doing the right thing because it's the illegals. But I think this is a mistake, and might harm them in the upcoming elections if this isn't fixed quickly. They underestimated America and how many felt about things, and MUCH of it regarding laws and illegals. Now, whether they sat down and said outright lets use the troops as a bargaining chip, or if it's being made out that way - that's how much of America will perceive it. And me personally, I think that's exactly what they're doing, and then trying to turn the blame game around - and they're failing.

---

Gingrich: Dems 'Will Never Win' Fight to Protect Illegals Over Troops

The government shutdown standoff in Congress, pitting critical funding for the U.S. military against protections for illegal immigrants, does not bode well for Democrats in a "fight they will never win," former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Sunday.

"I think the Republicans and the president think they are winning," Gingrich told "The Cats Roundtable" on 970 AM-N.Y.

Gingrich predicted one of two things will happen fairly quickly as the Senate fell 10 votes shy of 60 (50-49) to pass a Continuing Resolution to temporarily fund the government early Saturday morning:

1. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., "will cave," or

2. Ten Democratic senators up for re-election in states won by President Donald Trump in the 2016 election will break from Schumer's hard-line opposition to the president's agenda and say "'We can't keep doing this.'"

"This is not what the Democrats hoped for, and I think President Trump has played this pretty well," Gingrich told host John Catsimatidis.

Republicans are dug in against Schumer's push to pit illegal immigration against paying the men and women of the U.S. military, among other critical government spending, a miscalculation by Democratic leadership that GOP sees as a "huge mistake" politically.

Rest - https://www.newsmax.com/politics/newt-gingrich-shut-down-trump-schumer/2018/01/21/id/838420/

pete311
01-21-2018, 02:08 PM
Except this
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/01/20/democrats-republicans-push-bills-keep-paying-troops-shutdown.html

pete311
01-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Trump and Pence using the troops as political props. If they care about the troops Trump would have signed the bipartisan bill he said he would.

aboutime
01-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Trump and Pence using the troops as political props. If they care about the troops Trump would have signed the bipartisan bill he said he would.

petey. You really do a spectacular impression of CHUCKY CHEESE SCHUMER. You even pretend to think like him.

pete311
01-21-2018, 02:18 PM
petey. You really do a spectacular impression of CHUCKY CHEESE SCHUMER. You even pretend to think like him.

Cool

aboutime
01-21-2018, 02:20 PM
Cool

YOU SURE ARE...https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR90vt5vtpWpquLb9-rJpP3y44OQs3RMFCBRH0Q84oel4AI9Y7F

Gunny
01-21-2018, 07:29 PM
Trump and Pence using the troops as political props. If they care about the troops Trump would have signed the bipartisan bill he said he would.Wrong. If ANYONE understands sucking it up and holding the line, it's troops.

I don't know how many times you need to be told this to get it. NOW you acting like a typical, message board Dem, Trump did NOT say he would sign what you keep insinuating thread after thread. He just didn't. You're pushing a KNOWN lie. Bad form.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 07:31 PM
Wrong. If ANYONE understands sucking it up and holding the line, it's troops.

I don't know how many times you need to be told this to get it. NOW you acting like a typical, message board Dem, Trump did NOT say he would sign what you keep insinuating thread after thread. He just didn't. You're pushing a KNOWN lie. Bad form.
Where might he have learned to do that ?

Gunny
01-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Where might he have learned to do that ?Right off the top first thought? Jillian.

pete311
01-21-2018, 09:16 PM
Wrong. If ANYONE understands sucking it up and holding the line, it's troops.

""My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," the president later told the press pool. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it, because I respect them," Trump said, flanked by Durbin and House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (https://www.cnbc.com/steny-hoyer/), D-Md."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/trump-says-hell-sign-daca-pursue-comprehensive-immigration-reform.html

Gunny
01-21-2018, 09:28 PM
""My positions are going to be what the people in this room come up with," the president later told the press pool. "If they come to me with things I'm not in love with, I'm going to do it, because I respect them," Trump said, flanked by Durbin and House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (https://www.cnbc.com/steny-hoyer/), D-Md."

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/trump-says-hell-sign-daca-pursue-comprehensive-immigration-reform.htmlNow add his parameters to it and you'll have it in context with intent.

pete311
01-21-2018, 09:55 PM
Now add his parameters to it and you'll have it in context with intent.

In your opinion

Gunny
01-21-2018, 10:05 PM
In your opinionIn FACT. They get listed on the news on several different channels every night. Where've you been?

I hope Trump destroys your party. It's done enough to itself, all he's got to do is finish the job. What he could have done in your opinion of his edited words is now irrelevant. Game's on. I have been talking against this shit from day one. Y'all just couldn't stop. Y'all better come up with a fallout shelter or start kissing ass REAL quick.

I wouldn't let you kiss ass but the Republicans are notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Say a prayer tonight thanking God I'm not Mitch McConnell. Prisoners are a pain in the ass and more trouble than they're worth.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 10:10 PM
Nuke them. Gorsuch was Hiroshima. Still don't learn? Hit them again.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 10:27 PM
Nuke them. Gorsuch was Hiroshima. Still don't learn? Hit them again.I say hold off a bit. For one thing, a nuclear weapon is a means of last resort to facilitate complete and utter destruction. Once used, there's no going back.

I say let the Dems turn on each other. There are 10 Dem congresscritters up for reelection states that supported Trump. It appears the public is not happy with the Dems and the Dems did it themselves. Grandstanding at what-all they were going to do if they didn't get their way. They're out there naked, in the open. Can always use the nuclear option of the wind starts to change.

Yes, some people will suffer. But there is a difference between them worrying about having to suffer and actually having to deal with what their party has brought them. i gurantee you, especially in DC, there are more Dem civilians on the government payroll than there are conservatives. It's a good ol' boy network. Make them pay. Let them get a taste of what they bought.

If they nuclear option is used, the Republicans are going to have to follow-up by rapid fire ramming as much crap down the Dem's throats as they can. I don't see that happening realistically, but it would be the right way to finish the job.

pete311
01-21-2018, 10:29 PM
In FACT. They get listed on the news on several different channels every night. Where've you been?

I hope Trump destroys your party. It's done enough to itself, all he's got to do is finish the job. What he could have done in your opinion of his edited words is now irrelevant. Game's on. I have been talking against this shit from day one. Y'all just couldn't stop. Y'all better come up with a fallout shelter or start kissing ass REAL quick.

I wouldn't let you kiss ass but the Republicans are notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Say a prayer tonight thanking God I'm not Mitch McConnell. Prisoners are a pain in the ass and more trouble than they're worth.

It's not my party. I am not a registered democrat. I have voted both sides.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 10:31 PM
:laugh2:

:smoke:

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 10:36 PM
It's your party and you'll cry if you want to. Cry if you want to.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-21-2018, 10:42 PM
Then why do you support 99.9% of their agenda and think and talk like a democrat?

pete311
01-21-2018, 11:01 PM
Then why do you support 99.9% of their agenda and think and talk like a democrat?

Only seems that way because I am severely anti-trump and you guys are very far right, and I like to be a counter balance to the community. I really do consider myself a centralist or moderate.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 11:16 PM
It's not my party. I am not a registered democrat. I have voted both sides.Know what's funny pete311? You're just like your party you just disowned. Practicing to be a disciple?

Stand and fight. Geez.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 11:20 PM
Know what's funny @pete311 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1821)? You're just like your party you just disowned. Practicing to be a disciple?

Stand and fight. Geez.
American Balu?

Gunny
01-21-2018, 11:31 PM
American Balu?Hey, I wouldn't want to be on his side either. His party's leadership walked right into an ambush. If I was a Democrat I'd EXACTLY what I did in 79 when I WAS a Democrat. Get the f*ck out as fast as I could. The door didn't have a chance to hit me in the ass I dumped them so fast.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 11:51 PM
Hey, I wouldn't want to be on his side either. His party's leadership walked right into an ambush. If I was a Democrat I'd EXACTLY what I did in 79 when I WAS a Democrat. Get the f*ck out as fast as I could. The door didn't have a chance to hit me in the ass I dumped them so fast.
Can't help but think trump baited them into this.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:02 AM
Can't help but think trump baited them into this.You have WAY more faith in Trump's abilities than I. The Dem's arrogance got them into this. Trump was willing to deal. But as I pointed out, it's done. NOW, Trump would be a fool to not capitalize on the opportunity.

One thing I think voters NEED to demand is that Congress pass a budget on time. It's the only damned thing they have to do on time once a year and they can't get it done. I've been bitching about it since forever. If they can't pass it, their pay and perks AND recess AND trip home should ALSO be stopped until it's done. They should have to pay along with those whose lives they're screwing with. Might look different up close and personal.

Black Diamond
01-22-2018, 12:10 AM
You have WAY more faith in Trump's abilities than I. The Dem's arrogance got them into this. Trump was willing to deal. But as I pointed out, it's done. NOW, Trump would be a fool to not capitalize on the opportunity.

One thing I think voters NEED to demand is that Congress pass a budget on time. It's the only damned thing they have to do on time once a year and they can't get it done. I've been bitching about it since forever. If they can't pass it, their pay and perks AND recess AND trip home should ALSO be stopped until it's done. They should have to pay along with those whose lives they're screwing with. Might look different up close and personal.
Without a law that says thou shalt have a balanced budget..

It's not their money.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:15 AM
Without a law that says thou shalt have a balanced budget..

It's not their money.That doesn't mean there can't be one. There's nothing to preclude them not getting paid with the rest of the government. Too many rules/laws don't apply to those who make them. If there IS a law, no one should be above it.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:17 AM
To add .... NOTHING stops them from applying the same rules that keep them paid to paying those they keep at work. Especially the military who have no choice without going UA.

Elessar
01-22-2018, 12:22 AM
Only seems that way because I am severely anti-trump and you guys are very far right, and I like to be a counter balance to the community. I really do consider myself a centralist or moderate.

I am Moderate as are a few others here.

You are far from it.

Elessar
01-22-2018, 12:26 AM
That doesn't mean there can't be one. There's nothing to preclude them not getting paid with the rest of the government. Too many rules/laws don't apply to those who make them. If there IS a law, no one should be above it.

When the Dems shoved Obama-Care down the nation's throat, they conviently exempted themselves from it.

Black Diamond
01-22-2018, 12:38 AM

You are far from it.
Seems the scale has shifted.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:39 AM

You are far from it.What a load of hogwash. I completely missed this little gem.

Originally Posted by pete311 http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=893744#post893744)
I'm far right? When did THIS come about? And how many times have you seen me take flak for slamming the Hell out of Trump and not backing down and running off as you do? If I open my mouth, I stand my ground and take the heat that goes with it. I don't slam it in reverse the second someone disagrees with me.

And don't let addressing reality cloud your judgement about my idealism. I just know the difference between the two unlike a LOT of people. I'm very much an old-school liberal prior to the days you fascists usurped the word. I'd as soon mind my own business and be left alone and the same rule apply to everyone but it seems every time i turn around someone is telling me what to think and how to live.

You want to not pay our troops because of some criminals who aren't supposed to be here. You want to kill OUR babies but have a screaming shit fit if one gets killed by one of us overseas. You want to walk all over and wipe your ass with the very Law that gives you the right to be a hypocrite, fraud and liar. You want to take what i earn and give it to someone who hasn't done a damned thing.

When you stop interfering with and get your nose out of my life and your fingers off my wallet I'll be more than happy to do the same. Maybe I'd have time to go freeze my nuts off in AK with Jimbob.

pete311
01-22-2018, 09:10 AM

You are far from it.

yes sir, thank you sir

High_Plains_Drifter
01-22-2018, 09:26 AM

You're "severely anti-Trump" because you're a radical leftist. Most here are patriots, if you haven't noticed yet many of us are veterans, and we argue on the side of the constitution and the law and what's good for America. You on the other hand, argue straight from the democrat agenda camp.

You are a leftist. There is nothing centralist or moderate about you and we all know that, so there's little point trying to lie about it. We seem far right to you leftists because during the America hating obama years, you people moved so far Anti America left that normal American citizens that love their country appear far right to you. Your brains have been warped.

pete311
01-22-2018, 11:08 AM
You're "severely anti-Trump" because you're a radical leftist. Most here are patriots, if you haven't noticed yet many of us are veterans, and we argue on the side of the constitution and the law and what's good for America. You on the other hand, argue straight from the democrat agenda camp.

You are a leftist. There is nothing centralist or moderate about you and we all know that, so there's little point trying to lie about it. We seem far right to you leftists because during the America hating obama years, you people moved so far Anti America left that normal American citizens that love their country appear far right to you. Your brains have been warped.

Thank you for telling me who and what I am. All my life I've been confused, but you so clearly open my eyes without even meeting me. Impressive!

Gunny
01-22-2018, 11:15 AM
Thank you for telling me who and what I am. All my life I've been confused, but you so clearly open my eyes without even meeting me. Impressive!On a message board, you are who and what you present yourself to be. You can talk until you're blue in the face, or you get carpal tunnel from typing, and you are STILL what you present yourself as, and what people perceive of your presentation.

That's as true in real life as it is here. Most people are never who and what they think they are to others because their perception alters any message you try to convey.

pete311
01-22-2018, 11:26 AM
On a message board, you are who and what you present yourself to be. You can talk until you're blue in the face, or you get carpal tunnel from typing, and you are STILL what you present yourself as, and what people perceive of your presentation.

That's as true in real life as it is here. Most people are never who and what they think they are to others because their perception alters any message you try to convey.

Yes and it's clear if I'm not a Trumper or far right or ultra conservative then that makes me an extreme radical leftist to you because I try and counter your views.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 11:48 AM
Yes and it's clear if I'm not a Trumper or far right or ultra conservative then that makes me an extreme radical leftist to you because I try and counter your views.Incorrect. A couple of us have pointed out the error in YOUR perception and your mind is closed. You don't listen.

"We" are no more a collective or right wing radicals/ultra conservatives/or "Trumpers" than you are. I am me. I don't speak for others and I don't recall that I have ever stated you are an extreme radical leftist. And in case you haven't noticed, if I thought that, you WOULD know it.

If you want to divide us up, I know of several conservatives who either didn't vote because of Trump, or voted 3rd party because of Trump. A couple of us are quite vocal in our dislike for Trump either personally or professionally as President. Same question as a couple of posts ago ... How many times have you seen me piss people off, Jim especially, because of my views of Trump? But I don't run nor deflect from my stances nor words.

Then there are the ones who are all aboard the Trump train. If you can't see the reason why they are, whether or not you agree with it, then you are politically blinded by your partisanship. Trump represents everything a segment of the right hates about the Democrats, leftists, and RINOs. They feel he represents their wishes and points of view well. He has stayed within the Constitution which what is important to me. Obama did not, and that Mafia Crime Boss Hillary most certainly would not have.

The general perception you give everyone on here is you won't just stand your ground, when you even have one. You make vague statements. You say you try to counter our views. With WHAT? A one-liner? Then when you're called on it a noncommittal disclaimer? That is not presenting a view. There's never a "why" to your arguments.

I for one would respect you standing your ground with some hard facts even if I thought you were wrong more than not.

aboutime
01-22-2018, 02:41 PM
Yes and it's clear if I'm not a Trumper or far right or ultra conservative then that makes me an extreme radical leftist to you because I try and counter your views.

That's where you fail petey. You cannot counter OUR views with your own version of facts, made up by the DNC, and other Leftists who have convinced their easily-led, under-educated followers to only believe what DEMOCRATS say. It's the price you all pay for all of the FREEBIES the Dems promise you...FOR VOTES.