PDA

View Full Version : Democrats will pay at polls for shutting down the government

jimnyc
01-21-2018, 01:02 PM
Yups. Was just saying this. The shutdown itself is enough. But then to do so and fall on their sword there, in the name of illegals and lawlessness. And then to have many pundits, including on the left, talking about how it's the lefts fault. And then some of the MSM and even the left ones.

So either this plays out and it harms them at the polls, IMO, or this makes it a better bargaining place now for the republicans and Trump. IMO, the democrats almost NEED to fix this.

And as I pointed out several times, the stop gap funding could have worked for now, but the Dems used their votes to keep that from happening.

---

Democrats will pay at polls for shutting down the government

Last night, Senate Democrats shut down the United States government. They recklessly chose to jeopardize paychecks for our troops and border patrolmen to appease their far-left base. In triggering a totally unnecessary, easily avoidable shutdown, they put at stake the health insurance of nine million vulnerable children and a number of other critical programs, including veteran services and opioid treatment programs.

Republicans offered an easy fix: a short-term funding bill that President Trump would sign. This bill was bipartisan, non-controversial, and included legislative components that Democrats have long supported and even championed. It was a no-brainer. Yet, Democrats chose to hold government funding hostage because of partisan games. It’s infuriating, petty, and the American people deserve better from their elected officials.

Their concern was the future of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. That means Senate Democrats are less concerned with the interests of the American people than those of 700,000 illegal immigrants, even though the program that protects those immigrants does not expire until March. It also means Democrats are unbothered by the “terrible impact” of a government shutdown on our armed forces, as Defense Secretary James Mattis himself warned yesterday.

Republicans did their job and offered a solution to keep the government running, but they couldn’t stop the shutdown from happening on their own. Appropriations bills require 60 Senate votes to pass. With only 51 Republican senators, this means Democratic votes are necessary to secure funding.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) and his Democratic colleagues own this shutdown. The American people are very well aware that the Schumer shutdown rests squarely on his party’s shoulders. Their hypocrisy is on full display, as the same Democrats who once warned of the consequences of a shutdown eagerly embraced it this go around.

Rest - http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/369942-democrats-will-pay-at-polls-for-shutting-down-the-government

LongTermGuy
01-21-2018, 01:56 PM
So, let's summarize....

The Democrats are going to block funding for the things that government does for the taxpaying

citizens until MORE ALIENS are allowed in the country.....**Well the Democrats are making it clear

that they are the party people who are not actual American citizens.

**Shut down the government if you don't legalize 800,000 prospective Democrat voters and leave the

door open to 3 million more of their family members.

aboutime
01-21-2018, 02:28 PM
So, let's summarize....

The Democrats are going to block funding for the things that government does for the taxpaying

citizens until MORE ALIENS are allowed in the country.....**Well the Democrats are making it clear

that they are the party people who are not actual American citizens.

**Shut down the government if you don't legalize 800,000 prospective Democrat voters and leave the

door open to 3 million more of their family members.

EXACTLY....The dems, as Cornin said...SHOT themselves in the foot, then SHOT their other foot, just to obey the FAR LEFT demands.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:13 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11190&stc=1

pete311
01-21-2018, 03:40 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11190&stc=1

Simplistic and misleading. Gov would be running if Trump took the bipartisan deal given to him last week.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:42 PM
Simplistic and misleading. Gov would be running if Trump took the bipartisan deal given to him last week.
So if democrats had voted yes yesterday we would still be shut down?

aboutime
01-21-2018, 03:44 PM

You should stop while you're ahead petey. Making yourself look even dumber than we all know you are..is laughable, and sad at the same time.
Trump DID NOT get a real, honest, bipartisan deal last week. How is it, we all know it, and you don't want to actually tell the TRUTH?
On second thought. Never mind. Your comprehension is equal to Nancy Pelosi's last botox treatment...both dumb, and ugly.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:47 PM
You should stop while you're ahead petey. Making yourself look even dumber than we all know you are..is laughable, and sad at the same time.
Trump DID NOT get a real, honest, bipartisan deal last week. How is it, we all know it, and you don't want to actually tell the TRUTH?
On second thought. Never mind. Your comprehension is equal to Nancy Pelosi's last botox treatment...both dumb, and ugly.
Maybe Pete has to trash trump so he knows what's in him. :laugh:

pete311
01-21-2018, 03:49 PM
So if democrats had voted yes yesterday we would still be shut down?

I'm unaware of an actual vote on Saturday. Help me out with a link.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:50 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11191&stc=1

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:51 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11192&stc=1

aboutime
01-21-2018, 03:52 PM

petey.....therein lies your comprehension problem. He said "IF they had voted..." There's no link that would help you UN-RING your dummy bell.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:53 PM
ok.

pete311
01-21-2018, 03:54 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11192&stc=1

No, if Trump cared, he'd have signed the bill he said he would have. Trump's just using the troops as a prop and you're drinking the kool aid because that is what you were taught to do.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 03:58 PM
No, if Trump cared, he'd have signed the bill he said he would have. Trump's just using the troops as a prop and you're drinking the kool aid because that is what you were taught to do.
No one taught me what you think they taught me. And trump isn't going to be thrown out of office so maybe you should stop drinking that kool aid that comes right from Jake Crappers fart hole of a mouth.

aboutime
01-21-2018, 04:01 PM

We have no reason, nor would we want to DRINK your DNC Kool-aid from the cesspool that is slowly being drained in Washington petey.http://kool.politifake.org/image/political/1009/the-new-kool-aid-dnc-develops-kool-aid-substitute-political-poster-1283487345.jpg
petey...you sound like this below.....
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/49/3e/0a/493e0a3dc7b693db279a1203d334e63d.jpg

High_Plains_Drifter
01-21-2018, 04:43 PM
The illegal aliens in DACA are more accurately estimated to be 3.6 million, and then combine about 8 million more that they bring with them on chain migration and the dems are wanting amnesty for over 11 million people, a real nice new voting block for them.

If they don't get it, they're fucked and they know it. Well, they're not going to get it.

pete311
01-21-2018, 06:42 PM
Tammy Duckworth proposed a bill to pay service members through this shutdown and the effort failed after Senate Majority Whip, Republican Sen. John Cornyn objected.

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we are going nowhere," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters on Sunday.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/21/government-shutdown-state-union-trump-354750

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 07:26 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11193&stc=1

Gunny
01-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Tammy Duckworth proposed a bill to pay service members through this shutdown and the effort failed after Senate Majority Whip, Republican Sen. John Cornyn objected.

"As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating immigration, we are going nowhere," Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters on Sunday.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/21/government-shutdown-state-union-trump-354750Unintended consequences, Pete. The answer is NO. Dems to pushed the issue, They created this shit. Wonder how many people like me who don't care for Trump but are conservative and hate Dems Trump just added to his list? As long as the answer is No. No deal that includes DACA, I'm 110% on board and pray you and your side get crushed.

YOUR political party pushed and pushed and pushed and haven't STFU for over a year with your constant whining and crying and even left with no leg to stand on you STILL think you're driving the bus that was stolen out from under you long ago.

I've tried to go along and just see the humor in the shit, but it isn't really funny when you start screwing Americans in favor of criminals. You declared this little war. IMO the Republicans are showing too much mercy because I would have already just crushed you. Even the media has abandoned you. Must be lonely in a leaking lifeboat and no land in sight ....

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Unintended consequences, Pete. The answer is NO. Dems to pushed the issue, They created this shit. Wonder how many people like me who don't care for Trump but are conservative and hate Dems Trump just added to his list? As long as the answer is No. No deal that includes DACA, I'm 110% on board and pray you and your side get crushed.

YOUR political party pushed and pushed and pushed and haven't STFU for over a year with your constant whining and crying and even left with no leg to stand on you STILL think you're driving the bus that was stolen out from under you long ago.

I've tried to go along and just see the humor in the shit, but it isn't really funny when you start screwing Americans in favor of criminals. You declared this little war. IMO the Republicans are showing too much mercy because I would have already just crushed you. Even the media has abandoned you. Must be lonely in a leaking lifeboat and no land in sight ....
What has the media been saying

Gunny
01-21-2018, 08:58 PM
What has the media been sayingThey can't avoid reporting the truth, even with their caveats this one is just too much for their little leftist slant to bear. The Dems threatened to and DID shut down Congress. US citizens, the military being pointed to specifically, are not being paid so the Dems can grandstand on DACA.

Last I just heard, McConnell, the spinelss RINO, doesn't want to use the "Nuclear option" and is looking for some form of appeasing the Nazis while Trump is for using it. Then you get people like Pete claiming he can't set the precedent or wait 'til it's our turn.

You can be legislated OUT of a turn.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 09:07 PM
They can't avoid reporting the truth, even with their caveats this one is just too much for their little leftist slant to bear. The Dems threatened to and DID shut down Congress. US citizens, the military being pointed to specifically, are not being paid so the Dems can grandstand on DACA.

Last I just heard, McConnell, the spinelss RINO, doesn't want to use the "Nuclear option" and is looking for some form of appeasing the Nazis while Trump is for using it. Then you get people like Pete claiming he can't set the precedent or wait 'til it's our turn.

You can be legislated OUT of a turn.
McConnell should use the nuclear option. What's good for the goose...

and and besides it would end the shutdown whether chucky likes it or not.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 09:19 PM

and and besides it would end the shutdown whether chucky likes it or not.One good thing about being a Marine. You can avoid bullshit all day long, ignore it, pretend it's not there UNTIL it engages you in combat. Then talkin' time's DONE. If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times ... if I am forced to fight after avoiding it beyond the pale, there are no rules except complete destruction of the enemy.

They pushed for this. Time to crush their asses. What's too bad is, they'll be let back up off the mat. I would destroy them completely, utterly and ruthlessly. My grandchildren would have to open a history book to find out what a Democrat WAS.

pete311
01-21-2018, 09:21 PM

and and besides it would end the shutdown whether chucky likes it or not.

And when Dems are back in control? Bipartisian cooperation is then over. Repubs won't be in control forever.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 09:27 PM
And when Dems are back in control? Bipartisian cooperation is then over. Repubs won't be in control forever.Who are you trying to kid? Bipartisan cooperation hasn't happened from the left UNLESS Republicans were in control in DECADES. Certainly not under Clinton nor Obama. Maybe Carter. Republicans were the ONLY support HE got.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 09:35 PM
Still no deal.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 09:41 PM
Still no deal.Strategy and tactics. Pete is in retreat (and no, Tyr is the poet). His fallbacks are : 1. Trump could have signed the blah blah blah ...; and, 2. What are you going to do when the Dems are in control again.

Trying to argue as if one has the advantage while in full retreat. Making empty threats with an unloaded gun by appealing to your worst nightmare.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 09:46 PM
Strategy and tactics. Pete is in retreat (and no, Tyr is the poet). His fallbacks are : 1. Trump could have signed the blah blah blah ...; and, 2. What are you going to do when the Dems are in control again.

Trying to argue as if one has the advantage while in full retreat. Making empty threats with an unloaded gun by appealing to your worst nightmare.
The dems will not take back both houses any time soon.

aboutime
01-21-2018, 09:48 PM
And when Dems are back in control? Bipartisian cooperation is then over. Repubs won't be in control forever.

The November, 2016 Election of Trump ended 8 years of Dems in control of nothing but Lies.
Dems always pretend they want bipartisanship....and when Repubs try...like Obama did. Dems won't allow them to become part of the conversation. YA KNOW? Just like Pelosi telling them "You'll know what's in the bill...after we pass it!"

pete311
01-21-2018, 09:57 PM
The November, 2016 Election of Trump ended 8 years of Dems in control of nothing but Lies.
Dems always pretend they want bipartisanship....and when Repubs try...like Obama did. Dems won't allow them to become part of the conversation. YA KNOW? Just like Pelosi telling them "You'll know what's in the bill...after we pass it!"

I appreciate a non insult response. Isn't this nice? Politics gonna politic, but erode the protections still in place like the 60+ vote measures and you'll see no cooperation in the future. I don't want that to happen even when dems back in power.

Gunny
01-21-2018, 09:58 PM
The dems will not take back both houses any time soon.The Republicans have the opportunity NOW to do as Caesar said "Seize the day". They can destroy the Dems. Time to quit playing all these pussy games and do it. If the Dems are shown mercy, they'll be just like these stupid ragheads. They'll be back and show none. Destroy them all now and be done with it.

We already have 2 different Republican parties so anyone worried about a 1 party system needn't. They can fight with each other just fine without a single Dem left.

Black Diamond
01-21-2018, 10:04 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11194&stc=1

darin
01-22-2018, 02:13 AM
This is the part of politics I hate:

Last night, Senate Democrats shut down the United States government. They recklessly chose to jeopardize paychecks for our troops and border patrolmen to appease their far-left base. In triggering a totally unnecessary, easily avoidable shutdown, they put at stake the health insurance of nine million vulnerable children and a number of other critical programs, including veteran services and opioid treatment programs.

Sensationalizing everything. Finding the extreme and unlikely conclusions. It's like "Obviously they dont care if people DIE!"

:-/

The word "totally" is unnecessary; as is the comma after 'night'. And I think the comma after shutdown should be after avoidable.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 08:42 AM
This is the part of politics I hate:

Sensationalizing everything. Finding the extreme and unlikely conclusions. It's like "Obviously they dont care if people DIE!"

:-/

The word "totally" is unnecessary; as is the comma after 'night'. And I think the comma after shutdown should be after avoidable.Perhaps. Other side of the coin: Racist Republicans (because everyone on the right is a Republican) want to destroy families, our economy and screw over people who have a "Right" to be here because it isn't their fault their parents entered here illegally.

In what other facet of life does any of that matter? You get blown up in the ME because your daddy is a terrorist, too bad. You're on US soil illegally, minus the boo hoo story, by law, you are a criminal and subject to arrest and deportation.

I don't care much for the yellow journalisn but it has existed since the Sons of Liberty fomenting treason against our King.

darin
01-22-2018, 09:06 AM
And I hate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXWhbUUE4ko

Gunny
01-22-2018, 09:28 AM
Be nice if they'd tell the truth. Could be argue Horace Greeley and Harriet Beecher Stowe did more to start the War Between the States with their media lies than anyone else. The former purposefully misled people because he had a vested interest in Northern industry and saw himself and his cronies as the center of the universe while the latter didn't have a clue what she was talking about. People took her fictitious novel as actual events when fact is, anyone treating his slaves like Simon LaGrie would have put himself out of business QUICK.

Hearst was another one. His legacy is the San Francisco Chronicle, the San Diego Tribune, LA Times and IIRC the NY Times. The term "yellow journalism" was coined because of him and the way he reported the "news". Every sentence is built around a basic story to lead the reader to the conclusion the hierarchy of the newspaper want the reader to believe as truth.

It's so bad now you never really know who is and is not telling the truth. You just have to take two or more sources and cherrypick the common denominators and the truth usually lies within that.

In this for instance ... The Dems threatened to shut down Congress if DACA was not included in the spending Bill and they did. The Republicans can either end-run them with the knowledge there could or will be future repercussions or cave to their demands which will basically be the end of the GOP. That last of course is opinion. I just believe that when you are in power and STILL cave to the Dems? You're done. It's how Bush lost Congress and ultimately the GOP lost the Presidency.

mundame
01-22-2018, 12:08 PM
I see you all have caught fire --- I was surprised at the apparent lack of interest the night the government actually did shutdown. I was up watching the news, even though I knew they do this often (this is the 14th shutdown since Carter, I believe). However, several threads now and a lot of interest.

The Schumer Shutdown and this is an election year......could work out for us.

My favorite is the quote that the Dems call Americans deporables, and call illegal aliens Dreamers.

Yeah.

Gunny
01-22-2018, 12:15 PM
I see you all have caught fire --- I was surprised at the apparent lack of interest the night the government actually did shutdown. I was up watching the news, even though I knew they do this often (this is the 14th shutdown since Carter, I believe). However, several threads now and a lot of interest.

The Schumer Shutdown and this is an election year......could work out for us.

My favorite is the quote that the Dems call Americans deporables, and call illegal aliens Dreamers.

Yeah.
I have 3 grandkids that can run me to death in less than 2 hours. My board time and sleep time is dictated by them, although none of their sleep and/or good vs bad times are dictated by one another. They appear to stagger it to keep me on my toes :)

High_Plains_Drifter
01-22-2018, 01:08 PM
I guess you need another history lesson... DINGY HARRY, the DEMOCRAT, was the one that started using the nuclear option, so as it stands, the repubs OWE the dems one.

And two, I would suggest you NOT hold your breath for "and when dems are back in control," because I highly doubt that's going to be any time soon. You people's downfall is only building steam. You haven't reached the bottom yet.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-22-2018, 01:33 PM
I have 3 grandkids that can run me to death in less than 2 hours. My board time and sleep time is dictated by them, although none of their sleep and/or good vs bad times are dictated by one another. They appear to stagger it to keep me on my toes :)
You designated baby sitter?

aboutime
01-22-2018, 01:34 PM
Funny thing today......The Dems, with CHUCKY CHEESE, voted to get the govt. shutdown over....and here's the really funny part. They AGREED to what the Senate voted for Last Friday...BEFORE the SCHUMER DEMS VOTED TO SHUT IT DOWN....FOR THE SAME THING???

High_Plains_Drifter
01-22-2018, 02:09 PM
Funny thing today......The Dems, with CHUCKY CHEESE, voted to get the govt. shutdown over....and here's the really funny part. They AGREED to what the Senate voted for Last Friday...BEFORE the SCHUMER DEMS VOTED TO SHUT IT DOWN....FOR THE SAME THING???

Pretty much tells the story right there. They wanted to shut down the government to overshadow the one year anniversary of president Trump's inauguration and the outstanding good news on the economy.

Problem is they figured they could once again blame it on the repubs but that backfired in epic fashion, pretty much like their collusion witch hunt is. Not a good time to be a dem. They're implosion is just building steam.

mundame
01-23-2018, 11:23 PM

You're luckier than you know --- I had two granddaughters here for Christmas, and I sure wish they were here more often!

darin
01-24-2018, 01:41 AM
disagree 100% with the OP. The democrat base is unhinged; and not-smart. They are delusional. Nothing factual or real or honest will sway them in their agenda to elect people who will destroy our nation's backbone.