PDA

View Full Version : Lost texts = basis for motion to dismiss in Russia probe?

jimnyc
01-22-2018, 05:32 PM
They should probably dismiss anything about Trump at this point anyway. ANd almost about time that they announce that the focus has mainly shifted to Hillary at this time, and a few folks from the prior DOJ... and then have a separate special prosecutor appointed to investigate involved folks from the FBI. -- But as they point out, this isn't going to happen. But they should of course put it all on record.

---

Lost FBI Texts Could Form Basis for Motion to Dismiss in Trump Team Fight Against Russia Probe

The latest news that five months’ worth of text messages between FBI agent Peter Strzok and DOJ attorney Lisa Page is sure to make supporters of President Donald Trump continue to claim that the Russia investigation is a politically-motivated scheme. More importantly, however, Trump’s lawyers will now be able to do the same.

Strzok has already been outed as anti-Trump, leading to his dismissal from the probe, and his past communications with Page showed a potential Justice Department bias towards Hillary Clinton. The fact that now nearly half a year’s worth of text messages between Strzok and Page during the time leading up to Robert Mueller‘s appointment as Special Counsel weren’t preserved by the Justice Department will surely fuel motions from Team Trump’s lawyers against the investigation.

Months of text messages don’t just accidentally disappear. One past conversation between Strzok and Page indicated that former Attorney General Loretta Lynch knew there would be no charges filed against Clinton well before that investigation ended. Given the significant evidence of impropriety in the Clinton case, a foregone conclusion of innocence before the FBI wrapped up their investigation looks shady at best. Trump’s lawyers will surely argue that after those messages came to light, the DOJ intentionally “lost” those five months’ worth of other messages.

Look for Paul Manafort to jump all over this. He’s already fighting his indictment, claiming that Mueller is overstepping his authority and shouldn’t be running the investigation. Throw in this evidence that the investigation may have been tainted before Mueller even took over, and that the DOJ could be covering up damaging information, and a motion to dismiss alleging prosecutorial misconduct is a near certainty. FBI Agent Strzok was reportedly heading up the Manafort investigation before he was taken off the Mueller probe. Manafort’s attorney might try to say that the missing text messages could contain exculpatory evidence (or evidence favorable to the defendant) and therefore the court should get to the bottom of what the two said. However, two former federal prosecutors who spoke to Law&Crime both contend it would be difficult to get the entire indictment dismissed based on the text messages alone.

“It depends on what FBI’s retention policy is for text messages. It does certainly raise questions as to how these five months came up missing,” explained Bill Thomas, a former federal prosecutor. “However, the court is not going to just dismiss the case. If it comes to it, the judge may hold a hearing to get to that information through calling witnesses. Dismissal is the nuclear option, it would have to be something very very egregious for a court to dismiss the case.”

The same would go for any future defendants in the case. If other members of the Trump campaign gets hit with charges, they’ll just throw these missing texts back as evidence that the probe was tainted from the beginning.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/lost-fbi-texts-could-form-basis-for-motion-to-dismiss-in-trump-team-fight-against-russia-probe/

Gunny
01-22-2018, 05:37 PM
How convenient :rolleyes:

Seriously. They could probably keep the government shut down for a month on what this stupid waste of taxpayer dollars has cost.

jimnyc
01-22-2018, 05:57 PM
Yups, and I'm already convinced that they are up to no good with all of this.

---

Source: FBI Must Now Prove 'Missing Texts' Claim Is Not Bureau Wrongdoing

Increasingly skeptical members of Congress now suspect that a cover-up of epic proportions is unfolding before their eyes.

According to a source who communicated with Fox News, the FBI must now prove that the loss of five crucial months of text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page was not a result of FBI wrongdoing. The source was described by Fox News as a member of the congressional committee investigating the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation.

"The FBI must show now that the missing texts are not obstruction of congressional oversight or destruction of evidence," the source reportedly stated.

Senate and House investigators also reportedly have a number of questions for Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who has also been investigating the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation.

According to the Washington Examiner's Byron York, first and foremost, investigators want to know if Horowitz or anyone else has the missing texts. "Congressional investigators will also be asking: 'Does the FBI's explanation make sense? Is there evidence to support it? Were other Samsung phones not recorded as a result of technical problems between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017?'"

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/source-fbi-must-now-prove-missing-texts-claim-not-bureau-wrongdoing/

Gunny
01-22-2018, 06:03 PM
Yups, and I'm already convinced that they are up to no good with all of this.

---

Source: FBI Must Now Prove 'Missing Texts' Claim Is Not Bureau Wrongdoing

Increasingly skeptical members of Congress now suspect that a cover-up of epic proportions is unfolding before their eyes.

According to a source who communicated with Fox News, the FBI must now prove that the loss of five crucial months of text messages between FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page was not a result of FBI wrongdoing. The source was described by Fox News as a member of the congressional committee investigating the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation.

"The FBI must show now that the missing texts are not obstruction of congressional oversight or destruction of evidence," the source reportedly stated.

Senate and House investigators also reportedly have a number of questions for Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who has also been investigating the FBI's handling of the Clinton email investigation.

According to the Washington Examiner's Byron York, first and foremost, investigators want to know if Horowitz or anyone else has the missing texts. "Congressional investigators will also be asking: 'Does the FBI's explanation make sense? Is there evidence to support it? Were other Samsung phones not recorded as a result of technical problems between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017?'"

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/source-fbi-must-now-prove-missing-texts-claim-not-bureau-wrongdoing/Seems to me, from watching all these forensic whodunits, they can recover those texts. It takes a lot to completely erase stuff like that and I believe would require collusion from the phone company.

jimnyc
01-22-2018, 06:04 PM
I wonder... I wonder if and what Lynch actually knew when she met with Bill Clinton on the tarmac? Now we have another idea on what the subject may have been. Yeah, she went and did all that to just chat about family, my ass!

---

New Strzok/Page Texts Suggest Lynch Knew About Clinton Exoneration Well Before Comey Announcement

Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch already knew that ex-FBI Director James Comey would not recommend charges against Hillary Clinton when she announced she would accept any FBI recommendation, according to new documents turned over to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee (HSGAC).

Comey announced that he would not recommend charges against Clinton during a press conference on July 5, 2016.

Lynch had previously stated that she would the accept the "determinations and findings" of the FBI's investigation, suggesting she was completely out of the loop.

That revelation and others were found in 384 pages of text messages exchanged between FBI employees Peter Strzok and Lisa Page that the Justice Department turned over to HSGAC on Friday. Strzok and Page are the two FBI officials who made pro-Clinton and anti-Trump comments while working on the Clinton email and the Russia collusion investigations. In one particularly damning text, the two discussed needing an “insurance policy” in the event Trump were to become president.

Unfortunately, in the cover letter accompanying the texts, the FBI notified Congress that they “failed to preserve” five months' worth of the pair's text messages exchanged during the period between Dec. 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.

The texts that we have are illuminating. As Sharyl Attkisson reported at The Hill, the timeline of the text messages indicates that Lynch knew that Clinton would not face charges "even before the FBI conducted its three-hour interview with Clinton, which was supposedly meant to gather more information into her mishandling of classified information."

On July 1, 2016, as the Lynch announcement became public, Page texted Strzok:

Page: And yeah, it’s a real profile in couragw [sic], since she knows no charges will be brought.

Clinton reportedly met with Strzok and Justice Department lawyer David Laufman at the FBI for a three and a half hour interview on July 2, 2016.

In February of 2016, Page texted Strzok that then-candidate Trump “simply can not [sic] be president.”

Other text messages suggest that they tweaked their investigation in reaction to Trump’s victory in the Republican primaries. On May 4, 2016, Strzok and Page exchanged the following text messages:

Page: And holy shit Cruz just dropped out of the race. It’s going to be a Clinton Trump race. Unbelievable.

Strzok: What?!?!??

Page: You heard it right my friend.

Strzok: I saw trump won, figured it would be a bit…Now the pressure really starts to finish MYE…

Page: It sure does. We need to talk about follow up call tomorrow.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-strzok-page-texts-suggest-lynch-knew-clinton-exoneration-well-comey-announcement/

Gunny
01-22-2018, 06:11 PM
What's weird about this? They're focusing on the DOJ, as they should, but what about the elephant in the room? Hitlery? Did they get only one shot at her? Or can they still bust her fat a$$?

Elessar
01-22-2018, 06:40 PM
Unleash Goudy on them.

He'll put heat on them they could not have imagined

Gunny
01-22-2018, 07:18 PM
Unleash Goudy on them.

He'll put heat on them they could not have imaginedGowdy and that loose cannon Rand Paul. Would be nice to pick and choose who we want to use instead of getting some nobody punching a ticket.

Elessar
01-23-2018, 03:17 AM
Gowdy and that loose cannon Rand Paul. Would be nice to pick and choose who we want to use instead of getting some nobody punching a ticket.

I don't like Rand Paul all that much, but in this case you are right.

Gowdy as lead, Paul as the mouth? Sounds right to me.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 09:51 AM
I don't like Rand Paul all that much, but in this case you are right.

Gowdy as lead, Paul as the mouth? Sounds right to me.Rand Paul is a double-edged sword. Nut didn't fall from the tree with that family. When he's on though, he's a dog with a bone. Question is, what's he going to be "on" about this week? I think in this case, it would be a safe bet. Might keep his idle hands busy for awhile too.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 12:14 PM
What's just "funny," is that the ONLY two phones that the "glitch" effected were Stzorks and Paige. Well gee, isn't that just even MORE "funny," and ONLY during the five months that are the most IMPORTANT, not a day earlier, not a day later.

The corruption is EPIC, MIND NUMBING, and if I don't see PEOPLE GO TO JAIL, I will lose faith in our government 'til the day I die, what LITTLE faith I have left, because I think Washington is ROTTEN TO THE CORE as it is, always has been, always will be. It's just full of shysters, liars and thieves.

pete311
01-23-2018, 07:55 PM
The Strzok text do seem to be troubling. Weird ass shit like secret society. btw, how stupid is this guy for sending these texts as if they'd never be able to find them. What a dumb agent. wtf.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 07:59 PM
The Strzok text do seem to be troubling. Weird ass shit like secret society. btw, how stupid is this guy for sending these texts as if they'd never be able to find them. What a dumb agent. wtf.
He's one of your's.

darin
01-24-2018, 03:56 AM
Nothing can turn-up missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80t2cD1ePaE

STTAB
01-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Seems to me, from watching all these forensic whodunits, they can recover those texts. It takes a lot to completely erase stuff like that and I believe would require collusion from the phone company.

The NSA has those texts. Guaranteed that if they don't , it is because someone in the NSA went in and physically removed them. Not because of some technical glitch..