PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans 'Charting Path' to Release Explosive FISA Memo

jimnyc
01-22-2018, 06:12 PM
I/Some of us stated a long time back that FISA warrants were used for no good, and now that's appearing to have been the case - maybe? And just how bad? How many? How high in the admin did it go? For what purposes?

---

House Republicans 'Charting Path' to Release Explosive FISA Memo

House Republicans, led by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, are reportedly in the process of moving forward on releasing the explosive classified memo on alleged surveillance abuses.

According to the Washington Examiner's Byron York, Reps. Nunes, Gowdy, and Goodlatte met on Saturday to discuss memo and chart a path forward.

https://i.imgur.com/vK9rXBb.png

In addition to York, Rep. Dave Joyce (R-Ohio) also shared information about the effort to release the memo on Twitter Saturday.

According to Joyce, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) is in the process of releasing the classified memo. The process may take up to 19 congressional work days.

https://i.imgur.com/kYr70Bt.png

A group of 65 Republican lawmakers pushed for the immediate release of the alleged bombshell document in a letter to Nunes on Friday.

In the letter, Florida Rep. Gaetz states thate “the audience of this document should not be limited to Members of Congress — the American people deserve to know the information it contains.”

Approximately 180 members have now read the memo, including at least three Democrats, according to York.

CNN reported on Saturday that Republicans on the HPSCI were "considering using an obscure committee rule" to bypass executive branch declassification hurdles in order to publicly release the memo.

Rep. Mike Conaway, the Texas Republican leading the committee's Russia investigation, said he believed the rule "had never been invoked in the committee's 40-year history."

The four-page memo reveals what some Republicans are calling “shocking,” “troubling,” and “alarming” government surveillance abuses under President Obama. One congressman — Rep. Scott Perry (R-Pa.) — even likened the details of the memo currently circulating in Congress to "KGB activity in Russia."

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said that when the details of the document become known, not only are some Obama holdovers currently serving in the Trump administration going to get fired, they are going to jail.

If the committee votes in favor to make the bombshell document public, it falls on President Donald Trump to decide whether it should be released.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/house-republicans-charting-path-release-explosive-fisa-memo/

Gunny
01-22-2018, 06:16 PM
I hope it's as good as they're making it out to be :)

aboutime
01-22-2018, 09:12 PM
Even if some of the RINO's get their names published. Proving my point about how most Politicians are CROOKS, and the only thing they fear....is losing their next election.

Elessar
01-23-2018, 03:02 AM
I hope it's as good as they're making it out to be :)

Ohhh...DANGER! Gowdy was mentioned as being one in discussions!

I like that wolverine when he gets his teeth in someone.

jimnyc
01-24-2018, 03:38 PM
White House: ‘We Don’t Have To Approve’ Release Of Explosive FISA Memo

The White House does not have to approve the release of a currently classified memo assembled within the House of representatives which purports to display extensive abuse of FISA authority within the FBI, deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley told WMAL Wednesday morning.

“We don’t have to approve it. They have the right to de-classify the document,” Gidley told Daily Caller editorial director Vince Coglianese and WMAL host, citing “legal minds” consulted by the executive branch.

House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes assembled the memo with fellow committee members and staff based on classified information turned over by the FBI and the DOJ. The document allegedly contains proof that the Obama administration abused its authority to obtain surveillance warrants on members of the 2016 Trump campaign.

Congressman Steve King said the contents of the memo show a scandal “worse than Watergate.” House rules allow the intelligence committee to take a vote to declassify information in the public interest. The president can object to the release of information but does not have to approve it.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said of the memo Tuesday the White House supports “full transparency, and we believe that that’s at the House Intel Committee to make that decision at this point.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/24/white-house-we-dont-have-to-approve-release-of-explosive-fisa-memo/

Gunny
01-24-2018, 03:49 PM
They need to get to it so WE can see the dirt :) I hope there's some felonies in there

jimnyc
01-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Judge Napolitano: Lawmakers Should Take Explosive FISA Memo to House Floor and Release It – Perfectly Legal

There is a massive scandal brewing at the top ranks of America’s premier law enforcement agency.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) prepared a four-page explosive memo recently, based on classified material that purportedly lays out what the FBI and others did to corrupt the 2016 election.

According to Rep. Dave Joyce (R-OH) and others, the memo is “deeply disturbing.”

The memo needs to be released to the public.

The US public has a right to know about the entrenched corruption in the FBI.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) and Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA) huddled together Saturday to discuss a “never-before-used procedure” for releasing the “shocking” FISA abuse memo.

FOX News contributor Judge Napolitano believes he has a solution for the release of the memo.

A lawmaker should read it on the House Floor which is perfectly legal.

Judge Napolitano: I am suggesting that one of those members of Congress, who you just ran on the screen, should take this to the floor of the House of Representatives and release it there because the constitution protects anything that is said there. Senator Feinstein did this with torture memos. These members of Congress should do with this because the rest of Congress and the American public is entitled to know.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/01/judge-napolitano-lawmakers-take-explosive-fisa-memo-house-floor-release-perfectly-legal-video/