PDA

View Full Version : Popular Spanish Videos Portray Women The Way They Should Be

tailfins
01-22-2018, 11:00 PM
Here is a recent release by Pitbull: What happens in the first 13 seconds would NEVER fly in English: A guy shouting "hey Mami" from the rooftop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLr2va3hu0

This one is just all around well done. The way they portray the women just doesn't get any better. The lyrics are great too. Almost a BILLION views.

While US women are pushing #MeToo , Latin America is enjoying #Escapate .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X9wEwulYhk

darin
01-23-2018, 03:06 AM
the title of this thread is beyond dumb - it smells so bad of misogyny. Re-reading I think maybe you're saying women should let their hair down and embrace their femininity. Agree. But remember - it's a movie, essentially and not real.

The women in the vids - Smokin' hot. Beautiful. GOOD for them for selling pretend/movie/fictional sexuality to men who eat that shit up. :)

#capitalism.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 05:01 PM
THIS is a popular video en Espanol retrata a las mujeres como son. Mas exito que tu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAhTt60W7qo

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 06:32 PM
Some of the women appear "chunky" to me. Is that the new look? "Baby got back?" IDK... not that attractive to me.

And this twerking... do they do anything else but that dancing nowadays... legs spread... butt gyrating... where's the talent?

What happened to the way Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers used to dance. That took talent.

I guess time is passing and what I thought was good is turning me into a thing of the past, an old stick in the mud.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 06:53 PM
Some of the women appear "chunky" to me. Is that the new look? "Baby got back?" IDK... not that attractive to me.

And this twerking... do they do anything else but that dancing nowadays... legs spread... butt gyrating... where's the talent?

What happened to the way Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers used to dance. That took talent.

I guess time is passing and what I thought was good is turning me into a thing of the past, an old stick in the mud.Which "women" are you referring to? Shakira is tiny. I forget the name of the dance, but that superfast hip thing has been popular in the Caribbean and S FL forever. It is NOT the same as "twerking" which I find pretty vulgar.

Ballroom dancing is whole nuther animal.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Which "women" are you referring to? Shakira is tiny. I forget the name of the dance, but that superfast hip thing has been popular in the Caribbean and S FL forever. It is NOT the same as "twerking" which I find pretty vulgar.

Ballroom dancing is whole nuther animal.
The "women in the videos."

Ya know, I liked gym when I was in HS and thought I could even be a gymnast. So every once and awhile I'll watch some on tv when I see it, and last night there was state girl gymnastics on and they were doing the vault. I'll tell ya, they were all chunky. When they'd land shit would jiggle and there'd be cellulite dimples in cheeks... I mean... is that the new normal? I thought gymnasts used to be like 4% body fat, not 15%. We had a TSgt that came into our Component Repair shop at Nellis AFB way back when and he had to lose weight or face discharge. I think the entire world is getting fatter and fatter, just like the recent story about so many young kids today not being able to qualify for enlistment because they're lard asses. It's a sedentary life style and too much shit food. Playing for kids now is sitting on their ass in front of the tv playing their PS4. We used to go outside and be active. We didn't need a gym back then, the entire outside was a fitness center. We ran ourselves into the ground, or like me growing up on a farm, we WORKED.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 07:24 PM
The "women in the videos."

Ya know, I liked gym when I was in HS and thought I could even be a gymnast. So every once and awhile I'll watch some on tv when I see it, and last night there was state girl gymnastics on and they were doing the vault. I'll tell ya, they were all chunky. When they'd land shit would jiggle and there'd be cellulite dimples in cheeks... I mean... is that the new normal? I thought gymnasts used to be like 4% body fat, not 15%. We had a TSgt that came into our Component Repair shop at Nellis AFB way back when and he had to lose weight or face discharge. I think the entire world is getting fatter and fatter, just like the recent story about so many young kids today not being able to qualify for enlistment because they're lard asses. It's a sedentary life style and too much shit food. Playing for kids now is sitting on their ass in front of the tv playing their PS4. We used to go outside and be active. We didn't need a gym back then, the entire outside was a fitness center. We ran ourselves into the ground, or like me growing up on a farm, we WORKED.I'd say it depends on a whole bunch of stuff what "normal" is. Ever look at white women at the turn of the 19th-to-20th century? Doughy. :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 07:34 PM
I'd say it depends on a whole bunch of stuff what "normal" is.
Exactly... FAT is becoming the new normal.

I even remember HS, we only had TWO people in our little class of 66 people that were FAT. Now it's probably TWO people in a class that AREN'T fat.

darin
01-24-2018, 03:53 AM
shakira. Her hips don't lie. She is a vision. beautiful. smart. talented.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-24-2018, 07:51 AM
I just don't like rap, in any language, especially from some dude with rainbow hair.

darin
01-24-2018, 08:23 AM
I didn't notice any dudes. Rainbow hair or otherwise :)

Gunny
01-24-2018, 11:31 AM
I didn't notice any dudes. Rainbow hair or otherwise :)Rap? Music? Must be talking about something WITHOUT Shakira in it :)

Black Diamond
01-24-2018, 11:36 AM
Rap is short for crap

Gunny
01-24-2018, 12:04 PM
Rap is short for crap"Loca" is not a rap song. It's Latino music. It has a bit of a rap in it, but the music and lyrics are the song.

What would lead ANYONE to believe I listen to rap? I DO hear Hispanic music. Unless you live in a cave or log cabin in the woods, it is a fact of life here. You get used to it. Rap is a non-happening event. I DO however hear a LOT of different music and if I like a song, I really don't care what it's labeled.

Black Diamond
01-24-2018, 12:30 PM
"Loca" is not a rap song. It's Latino music. It has a bit of a rap in it, but the music and lyrics are the song.

What would lead ANYONE to believe I listen to rap? I DO hear Hispanic music. Unless you live in a cave or log cabin in the woods, it is a fact of life here. You get used to it. Rap is a non-happening event. I DO however hear a LOT of different music and if I like a song, I really don't care what it's labeled.
It was a general comment. I can't see you listening to rap. I'll watch the video you posted later and give my opinion. If nothing else, she looks yummy.

Gunny
01-24-2018, 12:48 PM
It was a general comment. I can't see you listening to rap. I'll watch the video you posted later and give my opinion. If nothing else, she looks yummy.My comment and video were in response to Mr Hispandex, TF. In translation it means "the video portrays women as they are. More successful than you."

Shakira is Columbian. She speaks about 5 languages and has music out in several of them in various countries. She's got THE cutest smile EVER (maybe :laugh:). The rest of her wouldn't gt kicked out of the house either :)

Black Diamond
01-24-2018, 10:20 PM
THIS is a popular video en Espanol retrata a las mujeres como son. Mas exito que tu.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAhTt60W7qo
Ok. It's club music. Not my style no matter what the language. Infinitely better than rap though. And she is yummy.

Gunny
01-24-2018, 10:35 PM
Ok. It's club music. Not my style no matter what the language. Infinitely better than rap though. And she is yummy.My idea of "club" is a country or biker bar. Cubans hung out in bars where they played that kind of music. I guess the "South Beach" crowd does now. "South Beach" was Miami Beach when I lived there and it was 2nd rate strip full of dives and art deco hotels from the 30s. But the music was always around and you get used to it.

Same with tejano here. I didn't hang out in tejano bars but I can listen to the music. I can't stand REAL Mexican music. Painters like that crap. Mostly because they're illegals and don't speak English.

aboutime
01-24-2018, 10:35 PM
My comment and video were in response to Mr Hispandex, TF. In translation it means "the video portrays women as they are. More successful than you."

Shakira is Columbian. She speaks about 5 languages and has music out in several of them in various countries. She's got THE cutest smile EVER (maybe :laugh:). The rest of her wouldn't gt kicked out of the house either :)

Gunny. She smiled????? As for getting kicked out of the house. Why not? More ROOM out in the yard for ROLLING AROUND EXERCISES.....Right????:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh ::dance:

mundame
01-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Hmmmmmm. Not my thread, I see.

Gunny
01-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Gunny. She smiled????? As for getting kicked out of the house. Why not? More ROOM out in the yard for ROLLING AROUND EXERCISES.....Right????:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh ::dance:Yes, she smiles. :laugh:

First time I saw her was on a clip of The Voice. I wouldn't let her touch me. She'd kill me :laugh: