PDA

View Full Version : 'America First' tariffs on imports spark Asia outcry

Gunny
01-23-2018, 10:31 AM
China and South Korea have vowed to defend their interests after the US imposed new tariffs on imported washing machines and solar panels.
The tariffs - of up to 50% - will affect the two Asian countries more than any other.
They are part of US President Donald Trump's "America First" trade policy, which aims to protect local manufacturers from foreign competition.
South Korea said it would complain to the World Trade Organization (WTO).

cont ...http://www.bbc.com/news/world-42786995

Poor China. My heart just bleeds for them :rolleyes: Trump cut into their one-sided trade deal.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 11:32 AM
The president makes trade more even, and the countries that have been fucking us for decades have a fit.

Fuck 'em... about time.

aboutime
01-23-2018, 03:03 PM
ANYONE REMEMBER THESE WORDS......."What goes around, comes around?"

IT'S NOT NICE TO FOOL WITH DONALD TRUMP!
http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/ows_150966356529311.jpg

Elessar
01-23-2018, 08:49 PM
So much we have on the shelves that is "Made in China" is not of very high quality.

Razor blades do not last as long. Even nail clippers leave a jagged edge that has to be filed.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 09:48 PM
So much we have on the shelves that is "Made in China" is not of very high quality.

Razor blades do not last as long. Even nail clippers leave a jagged edge that has to be filed.I ain't filin' no nail clippers :laugh2:

Elessar
01-23-2018, 10:04 PM
I ain't filin' no nail clippers :laugh2:

Oh, not going to file the clippers, but the jagged edge they leave on a nail. Emery board!
I hate those jagged edges snagging clothing.

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:05 PM
Trump just dealt a major blow to the fastest-growing job market in the US
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-solar-tariffs-solar-panels-thousands-of-job-losses-2018-1

#jobs

Black Diamond
01-23-2018, 10:06 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-solar-tariffs-solar-panels-thousands-of-job-losses-2018-1

#jobs
Yeah and he can't an election either.

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Yeah and he can't an election either.

Yup, Trump is some kind of God. Can do no wrong. Never makes a mistake. Totally omnipotent and omnibenevolent.

NightTrain
01-23-2018, 10:14 PM
Yup, Trump is some kind of God. Can do no wrong. Never makes a mistake. Totally omnipotent and omnibenevolent.

Yeah, Trump totally stole the election, colluded with Russia, broke dozens of laws, hasn't done one thing right and is pure eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:16 PM
Yeah, Trump totally stole the election, colluded with Russia, broke dozens of laws, hasn't done one thing right and is pure eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

Whatever he's done for the market I'm on board with. If only I could retire today.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 10:18 PM
Oh, not going to file the clippers, but the jagged edge they leave on a nail. Emery board!
I hate those jagged edges snagging clothing.:duh5:

Elessar
01-23-2018, 10:19 PM

#jobs

I am not sure why making our own stuff in country is such a bad idea. We have the technology,
so why not use it and employ people?

Black Diamond
01-23-2018, 10:22 PM
I am not sure why making our own stuff in country is such a bad idea. We have the technology,
so why not use it and employ people?
Because trump is doing it.

NightTrain
01-23-2018, 10:22 PM
Whatever he's done for the market I'm on board with. If only I could retire today.

Not being a commie is a great starter for the economy. Regulations, Taxes, Tariffs, threats to job shippers, nuking the insanely stupid environmental rules designed to cripple entire sectors of American energy, the list goes on.

What else has Trump accomplished that you approve of, Pete? Other than the economy, what's on your list?

aboutime
01-23-2018, 10:24 PM

Why can't you retire? The last time you were bragging about how much money you have, and not worried about the economy. What changed? Besides telling a little fib???

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Not being a commie is a great starter for the economy. Regulations, Taxes, Tariffs, threats to job shippers, nuking the insanely stupid environmental rules designed to cripple entire sectors of American energy, the list goes on.

What else has Trump accomplished that you approve of, Pete? Other than the economy, what's on your list?

That's it

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:26 PM
Why can't you retire? The last time you were bragging about how much money you have, and not worried about the economy. What changed? Besides telling a little fib???

It's not how much you make, it's how much you spend. I'm also 35.

Elessar
01-23-2018, 10:27 PM
:duh5:

You are such a Goof Ball at times!:laugh:

aboutime
01-23-2018, 10:30 PM

Stop spending it, and retire. I retired at 48, in 1995. Living on credit is the wrong way to go. Anyone who uses credit for things today, that they won't have tomorrow...is creating more debt.
The way you were telling us, several weeks ago about how comfortable you were...only means, you are living paycheck to paycheck..and won't tell anybody how it REALLY IS.

Gunny
01-23-2018, 10:36 PM
Whatever he's done for the market I'm on board with. If only I could retire today.It's not all it's cracked up to be. Trust me.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 10:53 PM

#jobs
So... you see the US getting fucked on trade as a GOOD THING?

Explain that...

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 10:54 PM
I retired at 53.

aboutime
01-23-2018, 11:05 PM
It's not all it's cracked up to be. Trust me.

Gunny. I got TIRED of being RETIRED about a month after I got out of the hospital, after I retired from the navy. Most civilians still think We Retired Military have the life of Reilly when we retire....playing Golf, Fishing, Traveling, Sleeping, and gettin' fat.

If only they knew? And being disabled makes it harder to even do those things. Missing hospital appointments, and P.T. takes time away from all that GLORIOUS CIVILIAN LIFE they imagine.

Elessar
01-23-2018, 11:11 PM
It's not all it's cracked up to be. Trust me.

I retired too early. I miss my job as a SAR and LE Controller.
But there is no turning back.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 11:11 PM
Gunny. I got TIRED of being RETIRED about a month after I got out of the hospital, after I retired from the navy. Most civilians still think We Retired Military have the life of Reilly when we retire....playing Golf, Fishing, Traveling, Sleeping, and gettin' fat.

If only they knew? And being disabled makes it harder to even do those things. Missing hospital appointments, and P.T. takes time away from all that GLORIOUS CIVILIAN LIFE they imagine.
I love being retired. Never did like working for someone else.

Doing what I want, when I want, how I want... it's glorious... and I stay plenty busy.

I only get bored for brief period each winter when cabin fever sets in, but my shop is a play ground for me. I always have some project going. I should start doing something to make some extra cash. There's always a place for it. The house needs a new roof, could use a couple new windows, I could remodel my kitchen, and I always have my GMC collector money pit... :laugh:

pete311
01-23-2018, 11:13 PM
So... you see the US getting fucked on trade as a GOOD THING?

Explain that...

Means we can buy goods at a cheap price. This is the cost of being in a global market. If not china, then someone else.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 11:16 PM
Means we can buy goods at a cheap price. This is the cost of being in a global market. If not china, then someone else.
It also means our market gets flooded with their cheap shit while they don't allow us to send them as much as they do us. It's called a trade imbalance.

Do you ignore these details on purpose or what?

mundame
01-23-2018, 11:20 PM

NOW you're catching on. I thought you'd get there eventually.

aboutime
01-24-2018, 08:15 PM

Poor petey...at it again. Yes petey, at a cheap price. So why not make what you buy American made at a cheap price for a change? Screw China. They own more property, and businesses in America than most people....like you, even know. I guess this proves you really don't care about your own country. Most Honorable Americans WOULD.

mundame
01-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Well, I like it. Tariffs! Give it a try, see how it works out for American jobs. Oh, it's bad for China and Bangladesh? I can't tell you how much I don't care, but it's a lot.

Gunny
01-25-2018, 06:24 AM

If only they knew? And being disabled makes it harder to even do those things. Missing hospital appointments, and P.T. takes time away from all that GLORIOUS CIVILIAN LIFE they imagine.Ain't THAT the truth. Let's see, what do I need to get up and do today? Oh yeah. Nothing.

Then God lends a hand to up your entertainment factor. The disabled part means getting up and just getting shaved, showered and fed is tedious and time-consuming. You get to find "exciting" new ways to accomplish simple tasks. I spend half the day just getting ready for the day :laugh:

I'd rather be at work. I liked my job. I REALLY liked the money.