PDA

View Full Version : Opioid commission member says group's work is a 'sham'

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Opioid commission member says group's work is a 'sham'
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/370222-opioid-commission-member-says-groups-work-is-a-sham

"I have to be true to the way I feel: This is essentially a sham."
He also accused Trump of "playing politics instead of pursuing solutions for issues that impact the lives of Americans."
"For people and families struggling with addiction in this epidemic," he said, "it's essentially been a government shutdown from the start."

Elessar
01-23-2018, 10:34 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/370222-opioid-commission-member-says-groups-work-is-a-sham

He also accused Trump of "playing politics instead of pursuing solutions for issues that impact the lives of Americans."
"For people and families struggling with addiction in this epidemic," he said, "it's essentially been a government shutdown from the start."

That is a mixed bag.

People are responsible for themselves and their own habits and behaviors.

Yeah, some support is needed but to depend on taxpayers to cover addiction
treatments just does not seem right.

There are free programs out there that can help lead people to 'sobriety'.

Black Diamond
01-23-2018, 10:46 PM
That is a mixed bag.

People are responsilbe for themselves and their own habits and behaviors.

Yeah, some support is needed but to depend on taxpayers to cover addiction
treatments just does not seem right.

There are free programs out there that can help lead people to 'sobriety'.
How's about we build a wall to curtail the flow of heroin from Mexico??

Gunny
01-23-2018, 10:48 PM
How's about we build a wall to curtail the flow of heroin from Mexico??THERE is a novel idea. Might want to pass that up the chain. It might catch on :laugh:

pete311
01-23-2018, 10:50 PM
How's about we build a wall to curtail the flow of heroin from Mexico??

You think a billion dollar cartel is gonna see the wall and give up? They got submarines now.

aboutime
01-23-2018, 10:56 PM

Kennedy is an asshole. I've heard him, and seen what his real intentions are toward Trump. As a DEMOCRAT...he must insist that NOT ENOUGH MONEY is being used, or channeled to the OPIOID problem. That's all a SHAM from Kennedy.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/WN/abc_patrick_kennedy_interview_110114_wmain.jpg
Democrats always accuse Republicans of NEVER spending enough MONEY on everything. Truth is. Kennedy knows...Trump and Congress did not increase the SPENDING because there is NO BUDGET. Short and sweet.
As long as Schumer, and Pelosi are in charge of the Dems in congress...they will insist by OBSTRUCTION to stop, or slow down any attempts to submit a budget to Trump.
Dems do not want a Budget that LIMITS THEIR ACCESS TO SPENDING.

Elessar
01-23-2018, 11:04 PM
You think a billion dollar cartel is gonna see the wall and give up? They got submarines now.
They do have mini-subs but are easily detected.

Navy does a good job spotting them and turns to USN vessels with a USCG Boarding Team aboard
or CG Cutters.

There are Spec Ops Coasties in South America that raid and shut down herion and cocaine
operations.

Again, like everything else, budget limits us far too much.

aboutime
01-23-2018, 11:08 PM

petey. Don't need to worry about cartel's. We have really RICH, DEMOCRAT politicians from California, and other border states that PROFIT from the Opioid invasion. OFFSHORE bank accounts, and million dollar homes for people who are PROFESSIONAL politicians RING ANY BELLS?

pete311
01-23-2018, 11:11 PM
They do have mini-subs but are easily detected.

Navy does a good job spotting them and turns to USN vessels with a USCG Boarding Team aboard
or CG Cutters.

There are Spec Ops Coasties in South America that raid and shut down herion and cocaine
operations.

Again, like everything else, budget limits us far too much.

Guess we need to raise taxes

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 11:15 PM
They going to sail their submarines under the wall?

Elessar
01-23-2018, 11:16 PM

No, not at all.

Spend taxes more wisely and quit with the free handouts.

Quit paying illegals to pick fruit, veggies, and nuts. Put the homeless to work
doing that.

Elessar
01-23-2018, 11:17 PM
They going to sail their submarines under the wall?

Naaah....once more he does not know what he is saying or talking about.:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-23-2018, 11:19 PM
Naaah....once more he does not know what he is saying or talking about.:laugh:
He does the generic leftist cherry pick and ignorant dance. It's pathetic.

darin
01-24-2018, 02:12 AM
This is a little like man-made global warming. Big Government decides, despite helping millions, something - if abused - can cause bad things. So - in their wisdom, they try to regulate its use; because people are 'too dumb' to regulate it themselves.

40,000+ Car-related deaths per year and we are not forming task-forces. We are not making better drivers. We are killing more than 100 of us every day and our 'leaders' are too scared to name the cause of the problem: Us. We are terrible drivers. Nope - can't say that! Must drive up costs for people by mandating "safety" shit that doesn't make anyone better - but serves to increase profits for business and unions.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-24-2018, 03:01 AM
This is a little like man-made global warming. Big Government decides, despite helping millions, something - if abused - can cause bad things. So - in their wisdom, they try to regulate its use; because people are 'too dumb' to regulate it themselves.

40,000+ Car-related deaths per year and we are not forming task-forces. We are not making better drivers. We are killing more than 100 of us every day and our 'leaders' are too scared to name the cause of the problem: Us. We are terrible drivers. Nope - can't say that! Must drive up costs for people by mandating "safety" shit that doesn't make anyone better - but serves to increase profits for business and unions.
It's always about money... greed is the bottom line for everything in the corporate world. Take more and more control away from the people, give them less and charge them more.

GM just released a driverless car... ya... no fuckin' way this side of hell for me...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/12/16880978/gm-autonomous-car-2019-detroit-auto-show-2018

darin
01-24-2018, 03:13 AM
It's always about money... greed is the bottom line for everything in the corporate world. Take more and more control away from the people, give them less and charge them more.

GM just released a driverless car... ya... no fuckin' way this side of hell for me...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/12/16880978/gm-autonomous-car-2019-detroit-auto-show-2018

Everything we tout as 'safety' is about creating dependency upon Government for our daily life tasks. Public Transportation can be cut off at any time. Public utilities too. Public Funding. Public Schools. It's about people willingly or naively giving their intrinsic power of free-choice to people who will do all the looking-out-for them. it's horrid.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-24-2018, 03:21 AM
Everything we tout as 'safety' is about creating dependency upon Government for our daily life tasks. Public Transportation can be cut off at any time. Public utilities too. Public Funding. Public Schools. It's about people willingly or naively giving their intrinsic power of free-choice to people who will do all the looking-out-for them. it's horrid.
I couldn't agree more.

But I do believe it's the never ending "activist" that are predominately democrat progressives that want to regulate every minute of your life. I do think these people believe they are the smart ones and people need them to save them from yourselves.

Ever seen the memes on facebook about "how did we ever survive?" People like myself, you, that grew up with sharp pointy things, eating butter, riding bicycles with no helmet, on and on, but here we are... how did that happen?

darin
01-24-2018, 03:35 AM
I couldn't agree more.

But I do believe it's the never ending "activist" that are predominately democrat progressives that want to regulate every minute of your life. I do think these people believe they are the smart ones and people need them to save them from yourselves.

Ever seen the memes on facebook about "how did we ever survive?" People like myself, you, that grew up with sharp pointy things, eating butter, riding bicycles with no helmet, on and on, but here we are... how did that happen?

If you look at the Hunger Games. The Capitol is actually going to happen. It's happening in verbs - see places like Washington state and California where a liberal central city, with corrupt voter zoning, causes the will of the majority to be subject to the will of the minority.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-24-2018, 03:40 AM
If you look at the Hunger Games. The Capitol is actually going to happen. It's happening in verbs - see places like Washington state and California where a liberal central city, with corrupt voter zoning, causes the will of the majority to be subject to the will of the minority.
I do think someday there'll be another civil war. Problem is it'll probably happen after I pass away. I'd love to see another civil war, the leftists against the conservatives. What a house cleaning, and it wouldn't take long... week maybe? It would be like washing 100 years of shit off your car. Your car would be all shiny and new again.

darin
01-24-2018, 08:24 AM
My new house. Want to rent a room?

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/2/005/090/3a7/20b4bc2.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-24-2018, 09:10 AM

O'LOOK. WHAT A SHOCKER!

Petey found another asshole that blames Trump.
WHO HERE, WOULD HAVE EVER GUESSED THAT PETEYBOY WOULD DO SUCH THING??

Now addiction to OPIODS is Trump's fault too....:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cu ckoo::cuckoo:

aboutime
01-24-2018, 05:15 PM

That's such a typical, uninformed, liberal answer petey. But then. We knew you would have to say such a dumb thing. Guess you would like to explain why the DEMOCRATS who hated the tax cuts....also DO NOT WANT A FEDERAL BUDGET???

https://www.google.com/search?ei=fQFpWtfYO46QjwOAoZFA&q=the+last+federal+budget+passed+by+congress&oq=the+last+federal+budget+passed+by+congress&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i7i30k1.891689.892402.0.896053.9.5.0.0.0.0. 292.525.2-2.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..7.2.524...35i39k1.0.PUwH-oEZ-Mo
On September 28, 2016, Congress passed a continuing resolution which extended funding at previous years levels up to December 9, 2016. The continuing resolution avoided a government shutdown and directed funding specifically for protection against the Zika virus and flood relief in Louisiana.
This was the first budget resolution passed by the Senate since a FY2010 budget passed on April 29, 2009. The House and Senate may propose a budget independently of the President's budget.