PDA

View Full Version : Food For Thought My Friends

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-24-2018, 06:42 PM
[SIZE=5][B]
Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, died a billionaire. Here are some of his last thoughts and words:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I have become accustomed to. At this moment, I am on my sick bed, and recalling my life. I realize that all of the recognition and wealth in which I took so much pride, have become meaningless in the face of my impending death.

You can employ someone to drive a car for you, and to make money for you, but you cannot employ anyone to bear illness for you. Material things, when lost, can be found, but the one thing, that can never be found when it is lost, is your health and eventually your life itself.

When a person goes into the operating room, he realizes that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading, "The Book of Healthy Life".

Whatever stage in life we are at currently, in time we all face that day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse and love for your friends. Treat yourself well, and cherish others.

As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $3,000.00 or a $30.00 watch is not important. The time is the same. Whether we carry a $300.00 or $30.00 wallet/handbag, the contents are the same. Whether we drink a bottle of $100 or $10 wine, the hangover is the same. Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 sq. ft., the loneliness is the same. Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down, you go down with it.

You will come to realize that true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Therefore, treasure your buddies, old friends, brothers and sisters. Chat often, laugh, sing songs with them. Talk about north-south-east-west, or heaven & earth. That is true happiness.”

Undeniable Facts of Life

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so when they grow up they will know the value of

things, and not just their price.

2. "Eat your food as your medicines, otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."

3. The one who loves you will never leave you for another, because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he, or she,

will find that one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, only YOU are in charge of your life.

6. If you just want to walk fast, then walk alone. However, if you want to walk far, then walk together.

The Six Best Doctors

1. Sunlight
2. Rest
3. Exercise
4. Diet
5. Self Confidence
6. Friends

Drummond
01-24-2018, 08:11 PM
[SIZE=5][B]
Steve Jobs, the CEO of Apple, died a billionaire. Here are some of his last thoughts and words:

"I reached the pinnacle of success in the business world. In others’ eyes, my life is the epitome of success. However, aside from work, I have little joy. In the end, wealth is only a fact of life that I have become accustomed to. At this moment, I am on my sick bed, and recalling my life. I realize that all of the recognition and wealth in which I took so much pride, have become meaningless in the face of my impending death.

You can employ someone to drive a car for you, and to make money for you, but you cannot employ anyone to bear illness for you. Material things, when lost, can be found, but the one thing, that can never be found when it is lost, is your health and eventually your life itself.

When a person goes into the operating room, he realizes that there is one book that he has yet to finish reading, "The Book of Healthy Life".

Whatever stage in life we are at currently, in time we all face that day when the curtain comes down.

Treasure love for your family, love for your spouse and love for your friends. Treat yourself well, and cherish others.

As we grow older, and hopefully wiser, we slowly realize that wearing a $3,000.00 or a $30.00 watch is not important. The time is the same. Whether we carry a $300.00 or $30.00 wallet/handbag, the contents are the same. Whether we drink a bottle of $100 or $10 wine, the hangover is the same. Whether the house we live in is 300 or 3,000 sq. ft., the loneliness is the same. Whether you fly first class or economy, if the plane goes down, you go down with it.

You will come to realize that true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world.

Therefore, treasure your buddies, old friends, brothers and sisters. Chat often, laugh, sing songs with them. Talk about north-south-east-west, or heaven & earth. That is true happiness.”

Undeniable Facts of Life

1. Don't educate your children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so when they grow up they will know the value of

things, and not just their price.

2. "Eat your food as your medicines, otherwise you have to eat medicines as your food."

3. The one who loves you will never leave you for another, because, even if there are 100 reasons to give up, he, or she,

will find that one reason to hold on.

4. There is a big difference between a human being and being human.

5. You are loved when you are born. You will be loved when you die. In between, only YOU are in charge of your life.

6. If you just want to walk fast, then walk alone. However, if you want to walk far, then walk together.

The Six Best Doctors

1. Sunlight
2. Rest
3. Exercise
4. Diet
5. Self Confidence
6. Friends

There is a lot of wisdom in these words, it seems to me. Even so, such a basic philosophy can be taken to extremes, and in doing so, the basic truth asserted can be largely lost.

Who's likely to be happier ... an individual who can depend upon living in a mansion, or one living in a tiny apartment, complete with noisy neighbours ?

Do you want to eat good food, or very substandard food ?

It's examples such as these which surely teach us that it's better to strike the proper balance in life, and this changes according to the individual's tastes and sensibilities. YES, the points made in the article have validity ... but ... they don't address the totality of human happiness, not by a long shot. A person leading a comfortable life is almost certain to feel better, enjoy life more, than a person suffering from material deprivations.

I suggest that the Capitalist system is such a runaway success, because it meets human aspiration. It does so at a fundamental level. Consider the old USSR, which, despite GENERATIONS of determined indoctrination of its people from the 'almighty' State, nonetheless rotted from within. Why ? Because Communism could never properly dovetail with the human spirit, that's why.

Materialism isn't everything ... far from it. But, it DOES matter. A society dedicated to teaching and implementing something different will, of necessity, have a 'shelf life', beyond which it fails to satisfy the people it 'serves'.

Balu
01-25-2018, 02:14 AM
Thank you for your brilliant post with these marvelous thoughts of an experienced wisdom Man. He managed to discern "a scale of real values" on top of which there should be summarizing - LOVE (in Bible meaning), which includes all these.
After this the only remaining thing to find out the goal, aim of Life. Not only your personal.
P.S.
As you've brought these thoughts to the board I bet you share them. Without it you could not be a POET.

Drummond
01-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Thank you for your brilliant post with these marvelous thoughts of an experienced wisdom Man. He managed to discern "a scale of real values" on top of which there should be summarizing - LOVE (in Bible meaning), which includes all these.
After this the only remaining thing to find out the goal, aim of Life. Not only your personal.
P.S.
As you've brought these thoughts to the board I bet you share them. Without it you could not be a POET.

Well said, if I may say so !

I could wish that Russia's past had had a leadership having people in its hierarchy which came to within a thousand miles of recognising any of what you, it seems, acknowledge as being important to value in life. Would past political crises have been averted, both internally within the USSR's territory, and more internationally ? Would your own society have happily given its citizens a quality of life better than any of the reports of it which we, in the West, are privy to ?

Still, I'm encouraged, Balu. If you do hold to the standards which Tyr has posted about, if the human condition does truly matter to your thinking as you apparently argue it does ... then, we in the West can have more in common with you than I'd believed. Fact is ... if Western powers felt they were dealing with a country where its leadership valued decent human aspirations ... we'd have more room to place trust in them. Any 'might is right' approach from your side only has potential for friction, misunderstandings (or otherwise !!), and a permanent 'us or them' mentality, dominating all, creating and perpetuating hostile division.

Such a basis for contact and for co-existence is completely useless. I hope, in time, you can be persuaded to understand this.

.... yes ??