PDA

View Full Version : Trump supports immigration plan with pathway for Dreamers

gabosaurus
01-24-2018, 09:50 PM
First he's for it. Then he's against it. Now he apparently is for it again. What's next? :dunno:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/24/trump-to-unveil-immigration-plan-after-weeks-of-indecision

Donald Trump on Wednesday said he would support a plan that offered a pathway to citizenship for so-called Dreamers, young undocumented immigrants who were brought to the US as children, as part of a broader immigration package that the White House is expected to unveil next week.

Trump made the comments to a group of reporters assembled for a briefing on the president’s immigration plan before he departs to Davos, Switzerland, for the World Economic Forum. According to the Associated Press, Trump said he would be open to allowing certain immigrants to become citizens after “10 or 12 years”.

Trump told reporters he would allow the Dreamers to “morph into” citizens over a period of time.

“Whatever they’re doing, if they do a great job, I think it’s a nice thing to have the incentive, of after a period of years, being able to become a citizen.”

Lindsey Graham, one of the Republican Senators deeply involved in the negotiations over immigration, called Trump’s statement “a major breakthrough”.

“I truly appreciate President Trump making it clear that he supports a path to citizenship for Daca recipients,” he said. “This will greatly help the Senate efforts to craft a proposal which President Trump can sign into law.”

Black Diamond
01-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Thought maybe we were talking about John Kerry on the Iraq war.

Gunny
01-24-2018, 10:04 PM
First he's for it. Then he's against it. Now he apparently is for it again. What's next? :dunno:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/24/trump-to-unveil-immigration-plan-after-weeks-of-indecisionWhat's it to you? You voting for Trump? Didn't think so. He's got his constituents to worry about. YOU don't count.

Frankly, I think anyone that thought he was NOT going to budge needs to turn in their voter registration. Or burn it for being defiled. Can't negotiate without something to give. Pretty obvious and simple rule of negotiating.

I just want to know who and how many. Maybe for each illegal immigrant we keep, we can send a California Democrat to Mexico. That is a win/win. Get someone who will work for a pointless waste of natural resources.

aboutime
01-24-2018, 10:09 PM
All of this battle over DREAMERS was Obama's idea, and he never completed it because it was Unconstitutional. Trump agreed with Obama, and the DUMB Democrats like you who wanted the DACA problems solved. But your Cheesy Buddy Schumer, and the rest of the dummies like you....voted against it because it was Trumps idea to have CONGRESS pass it.

Democrats wouldn't AGREE with Trump...even if he approved a CURE for CANCER. They would have to take credit for it...to convince the other dumb voters to vote for them in 2018.

Yes, I said Dumb voters. Show me a Democrat voter who will get a tax break next month who Likes Trump, and I'll show you what you look like in the mirror.