PDA

View Full Version : USA Gymnastics

Gunny
01-25-2018, 05:59 AM
What's the fuss? I may sound callous, but it's more like condescension. We live in the USA in 2018. Hello? Is anyone REALLY surprised the female gymnastics team had a sexual predator on the staff? Everybody's so freakin' smart about everything :rolleyes: I'll wait for the moral outrage. Mommy and Daddy are so busy getting their little angel that they're sure is the "next big thing" into the human body "mill", making sur they check all the who's who boxes they really have ZERO idea what's going on, or what they are throwing their child into.

It isn't just in gymnastics. Any sport. Music. I'm not condoning this Nasser dude's behavior. Pedophiles make me sick and should be ostracized from society as far as I'm concerned. I'd as soon shoot them myself but having un-PC thoughts like that is, well, not PC. 150+ children over a decade. 175 years in prison is a waste of taxpayer dollars. But WHO made that happen? After all, he was producing winners, right? And don't we love our winners :rolleyes: Don't listen to the children, turn a blind eye when the signs are there. But he's the Olympic doctor. He'd NEVER do THAT. You're exaggerating. Kid makes too much noise? Pink slip. Not "talented enough".

Organized ANYTHING for children doesn't attract Joe the Plumber types as anything but entertainment. Those "other" people are out there with more sinister things going through their heads and put in positions of authority over children? They hang out where the prey is just like any other predator. Not hard math. "But little Bobby is going to the Olympics". Me too :rolleyes: Little girls pumped full of hormones and perfect diets with athletic bodies running around in leotards.

Now comes the "they should be able to dress how they want" and "it shouldn't be that way" argument. Yep. You're right. They should. Can we switch to the reality channel now?

Speaking of #MeToo. Wonder how many of those 150 victims actually are victims? I don't believe there's 150+, but #MeToo can be thanked for that. That many and nobody heard a thing until the spotlight and the crowds were gone. I'm not blaming the victims. I'm blaming a system that allows #MeToo's. Evidence, not hearsay is supposed to be required. THe court of public opinion doesn't have time for that minor detail.

Sponsors have bailed in droves and I think everyone but the janitor has been fired by Team USA and MSU. THERE's an answer. Let's don't find out who the actual perps are. Let's fire the whole lot.

Maybe we should fire the parents who in their attempts to live vicariously through their child's success throw them into a "mill" and let it raise their children? Just a thought.

pete311
01-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Huh? Gunny, he was convicted and sentenced to 175 years for molesting dozens of under age girls. wtf is wrong with you? Put children in a mill? This is some twisted shit even from you. Scary.

Gunny
01-25-2018, 11:27 AM
Huh? Gunny, he was convicted and sentenced to 175 years for molesting dozens of under age girls. wtf is wrong with you? Put children in a mill? This is some twisted shit even from you. Scary.Nothing twisted about it, and there is nothing wrong with me. The sentence was 40-175 years. So? I don't recall contesting it. Could have sentenced him to death for all I care. I'd prefer it to the sentence he got. He'll be isolated "for his own protection" for the rest of his life. Death would be quicker and cheaper.

I realize being the wuss-type you are you probably have ZERO knowledge of how sports works in this country, but they are "mills". Some even call themselves "combines". People pile their kids into them, and they get weeded out. From gradeschool to either pro sports or the reality they need real jobs. Names and numbers. Parents trust the best interest of the children is being looked out for. Reality is it's the best interest of the coaches/teams. They're exploited the whole way.

What comes to light years later? The Boy Scouts and Gymnastics are full of fags and pedophiles. What a shock. Should have asked the children years ago, intead of trusting the "leaders". We didn't go near gymnastics or the Boy Scouts because we KNEW what was going on.

So what is wrong with YOU? Throwing this guy in jail and firing the staff is fixing the problem where it starts? They'll hire a new doctor and staff next week and it starts all over. Let's treat the symptom instead of the disease hoping for a different result. I know, we can can make a rule that says you can't break the old rules or "double else".:rolleyes:

I wonder where your head is sometimes.

Abbey Marie
01-25-2018, 11:47 AM

Organized ANYTHING for children doesn't attract Joe the Plumber types as anything but entertainment. Those "other" people are out there with more sinister things going through their heads and put in positions of authority over children? They hang out where the prey is just like any other predator. Not hard math. "But little Bobby is going to the Olympics". Me too :rolleyes: Little girls pumped full of hormones and perfect diets with athletic bodies running around in leotards.

Now comes the "they should be able to dress how they want" and "it shouldn't be that way" argument. Yep. You're right. They should. Can we switch to the reality channel now?

There is zero excuse for what this pervert has done. I don't think we can automatically blame the parents and others in authority for trusting the guy. I tend to be very trusting in medical situations myself. But I agree with you that by now we all should be aware that such activities attract predators, and be extremely vigilant. But what do you think about the testimony that the doctor molested some of these girls while the mother was in the room? And the girls said nothing.

Why these young girls even had a male doctor is beyond me.

I especially agree with your point about how girls dress.
No, "it shouldn't be that way". But. It. Is.
Women think they should be able to walk around naked, and how dare any man have lascivious thoughts. Or even look.
Unless they want you to, of course. :rolleyes:

Switch to to the reality channel, indeed.

Gunny
01-25-2018, 12:04 PM
There is zero excuse for what this pervert has done. I don't think we can automatically blame the parents and others in authority for trusting the guy. I tend to be very trusting in medical situations myself. But I agree with you that by now we all should be aware that such activities attract predators, and be extremely vigilant. But what do you think about the testimony that the doctor molested some of these girls while the mother was in the room? And the girls said nothing.

Why these young girls even had a male doctor is beyond me.

I especially agree with your point about how girls dress.
No, "it shouldn't be that way". But. It. Is.
Women think they should be able to walk around naked, and how dare any man have lascivious thoughts. Or even look.
Unless they want you to, of course. :rolleyes:

Switch to to the reality channel, indeed.I'm not automatically blaming parents. The system itself is partly to blame. Parents are partly to blame. At no point have excused this piece of trash for his part in the play. Regardless the system and the parents, he made a conscious decision to violate the trust of both, and the child.

Heh ... as far as trusting doctors goes ... after I knocked the doctor and a male nurse in the wall my daughter pointed out how much I don't like or trust doctors. The doctor pointed out I was almost unconscious and she said apparently not enough:laugh:

Seriously, I've never trusted them and "parent in the room" with me means you ARE being watched. Every second.

Abbey Marie
01-25-2018, 12:13 PM
I'm not automatically blaming parents. The system itself is partly to blame. Parents are partly to blame. At no point have excused this piece of trash for his part in the play. Regardless the system and the parents, he made a conscious decision to violate the trust of both, and the child.

Heh ... as far as trusting doctors goes ... after I knocked the doctor and a male nurse in the wall my daughter pointed out how much I don't like or trust doctors. The doctor pointed out I was almost unconscious and she said apparently not enough:laugh:

Seriously, I've never trusted them and "parent in the room" with me means you ARE being watched. Every second.

I don't think you excused this pervert in any way.

gabosaurus
01-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Gunny, I will appeal to you as a parent and propose this to you: Suppose you found out that, while treating your injured daughter, a male doctor had sexually molested her. Then told her that if she complained or told anyone what happened, she would be dishonorably discharged for disobedience. How would you feel?

Abbey Marie
01-25-2018, 02:15 PM
Gunny, I will appeal to you as a parent and propose this to you: Suppose you found out that, while treating your injured daughter, a male doctor had sexually molested her. Then told her that if she complained or told anyone what happened, she would be dishonorably discharged for disobedience. How would you feel?

Did he say that to them? That would explain their silence.
What about the ones where Mom was right in the exam room?

Gunny
01-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Gunny, I will appeal to you as a parent and propose this to you: Suppose you found out that, while treating your injured daughter, a male doctor had sexually molested her. Then told her that if she complained or told anyone what happened, she would be dishonorably discharged for disobedience. How would you feel?I would kill him. Without hesitation.

gabosaurus
01-25-2018, 02:25 PM
Many were told that they were imagining things or making up things. Or that they were not qualified to question a doctor. Others were told that they would lose their place in the program, or would be shamed in public. Much like the military, many were told that it was that way or the highway. If you are a teenage girl, you are taught to respect your elders. You don't ask questions.

Gunny
01-25-2018, 02:28 PM
Many were told that they were imagining things or making up things. Or that they were not qualified to question a doctor. Others were told that they would lose their place in the program, or would be shamed in public. Much like the military, many were told that it was that way or the highway. If you are a teenage girl, you are taught to respect your elders. You don't ask questions.This is one of those times when you irritate me. Can you read? I ALREADY said that. Are you trying to argue with me by agreeing with me?

STTAB
01-25-2018, 02:47 PM
Gabby, been awhile. You still got them fine knockers? If so, we're still cool..........:dance:

aboutime
01-25-2018, 03:59 PM
Why would any parent, or gymnastics training people ALLOW any MAN, Doctor or not. To be left alone with those young women, girls for any kind of examination, or treatment?

I have always seen a nurse, or another person always present when any doctor (male or female)
examines anyone of the opposite sex.

Now we know about 150 plus young women, and girls who were abused by this idiot, and NOBODY said anything, or believed the girls when they told someone LIKE THE IOCC???

And we think the FBI, CIA, and the CLINTON's are above reproach???? Really?

Gunny
01-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Why would any parent, or gymnastics training people ALLOW any MAN, Doctor or not. To be left alone with those young women, girls for any kind of examination, or treatment?

I have always seen a nurse, or another person always present when any doctor (male or female)
examines anyone of the opposite sex.

Now we know about 150 plus young women, and girls who were abused by this idiot, and NOBODY said anything, or believed the girls when they told someone LIKE THE IOCC???

And we think the FBI, CIA, and the CLINTON's are above reproach???? Really?

I don't know if it goes as high as the IOCC. Not that I trust them any better, but I believe USA Gymnastics is feeder for the actual Olympic team. If it IS the Olympic team, it does not necessarily involve the IOCC. None of these young ladies implicated the IOCC that we know of.

I'm wondering how whoever the Hell is in charge now is going to handle this in so far as the upcoming Olympics. From strictly THAT POV, timing couldn't be worse.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-25-2018, 11:46 PM
Sickening bastard... the guy ought to have his johnson hacked off and shoved in his mouth, then staked down naked on top of a fire ant hill.

Fuck prison, save us all the tax burden of housing such trash for life and just kill him.

darin
01-26-2018, 08:16 AM
Is this guy sick? If he's sick, how much culpability does a sick person have?

I think the judge said it well - He could have sought treatment two decades ago to treat his sickness. But he didnt. And he damaged precious lives. :(