PDA

View Full Version : From the dysfunctional veterans site

Bilgerat
01-26-2018, 02:39 PM
https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26993457_1589725114440067_8854284884156361654_n.jp g?oh=d00d44bfe3f790dc21abf9d96fe393a5&oe=5AF0DEAF

Elessar
01-26-2018, 03:04 PM
:lol:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 04:56 PM
What a load of rot.

Is it supposed to be a joke?

Gunny
01-26-2018, 05:03 PM
What a load of rot.

Is it supposed to be a joke?For real? If it's not, it should be :laugh:. I remember all that cool stuff we had on base an Air Force dependent, that disappeared the SECOND I signed the paper that said "USMC" on it.

little bit of ignorance as Far as the Marine Corps goes. We go wherever the Navy takes us and are in fact part of the Department the Navy. So the Marine Corps doesn't just wander off in some autonomous fashion. The Navy brings us along to do their grunt work.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 05:18 PM
For real? If it's not, it should be :laugh:. I remember all that cool stuff we had on base an Air Force dependent, that disappeared the SECOND I signed the paper that said "USMC" on it.

little bit of ignorance as Far as the Marine Corps goes. We go wherever the Navy takes us and are in fact part of the Department the Navy. So the Marine Corps doesn't just wander off in some autonomous fashion. The Navy brings us along to do their grunt work.
Well we're "SPOILED" so don't feel bad... :laugh:

Whoever wrote that needs their ass kicked.

Gunny
01-26-2018, 05:24 PM
Well we're "SPOILED" so don't feel bad... :laugh:

Whoever wrote that needs their ass kicked.Hah. Anyone trying to offend me with jarhead jokes is wasting their time. I earned the title "US Jarhead" and wear it proudly :)

I took it as someone trying to be funny. It's a decent analogy

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 05:39 PM
Hah. Anyone trying to offend me with jarhead jokes is wasting their time. I earned the title "US Jarhead" and wear it proudly :)

I took it as someone trying to be funny. It's a decent analogy
And us AF pukes are "zoomies."

I don't mind other GI's or veterans joking around because I feel they've earned the right to do so, and we do it all in jest, just poking fun at each other, but we know we're all brothers and sisters in arms. We're all in the same boat, here to protect our nation and do our patriotic chore. I'm damn proud of that too, Gunny... we should be. With this all volunteer military less than 1% of the public enlists, so we're a pretty freakin' elite bunch.

darin
01-28-2018, 12:52 PM
And us AF pukes are "zoomies."

I don't mind other GI's or veterans joking around because I feel they've earned the right to do so, and we do it all in jest, just poking fun at each other, but we know we're all brothers and sisters in arms. We're all in the same boat, here to protect our nation and do our patriotic chore. I'm damn proud of that too, Gunny... we should be. With this all volunteer military less than 1% of the public enlists, so we're a pretty freakin' elite bunch.

Yessir. We can do it.

Best part about the airforce:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11207&d=1517161863

aboutime
01-28-2018, 03:11 PM
I remember when the navy first began to allow women to become crew members on non-combatant ships, like tenders, and supply ships. And, before I retired in 1995. The last ship I served on became the TEST ship for Amphibious ships, when we had more than 100 women join the crew.

Other ships bragged about having 300 crew members, and when the deployments were over, they had 150 COUPLES.
And, to add insult to injury. HONEST INJUN HERE....Females discovered early on...how to get out of SEA DUTY by becoming Pregnant...and instantly getting SHORE DUTY, where males would have gone. HOSTILITY from then on.

This is all true. In fact. I had a 2nd class RM female who accused me of harassment because I told her to help with the cases of COPY PAPER for Radio's copy machine. She told the Master Chief I was picking on her because she was a Female...Oh, and she was also Black.

But there are no problems in the military anymore. RIGHT?