PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Sanders Shuts Him The Chuck Up

jimnyc
01-26-2018, 04:46 PM
Schumer Attacks Trump’s Treatment Of Illegal Immigrants — Sarah Sanders Shuts Him The Chuck Up

Senate Majority Chuck Schumer tweeted Friday that President Trump is using the DREAMers as a political “wedge,” an accusation which wasn’t well received by White House press secretary Sarah Sanders.

Schumer tweeted:

https://i.imgur.com/7Eu30yX.png

The White House is currently negotiating with Congress on getting increased border security and funding for the border wall in exchange for its DACA deal.

Democrats in the Senate recently forced a government shutdown over the legislation involving DREAMers, or children whose parents came to the country illegally. Both sides are working furiously to win a messaging war over the fate of some 800,000 Dreamers as the March deadline for DACA approaches.

In response to Schumer’s tweet, Sarah Sanders reminded Schumer that he has been in office for decades and political cowardice on the issue has led to the current immigration crisis:

https://i.imgur.com/3PDYaaB.png

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/26/sarah-sanders-responds-chuck-schumer-daca-dreamers/

Gunny
01-26-2018, 04:53 PM
I like Sarah Sanders. That is one, homely woman but she sure as Hell makes up for it in smarts :).

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 05:00 PM
Every time I see the term "illegal IMMIGRANT" on twitter I state that it's an OXYMORON, because to be an IMMIGRANT you have to first be here LEGALLY. That's our LAW. You immigrate LEGALLY, or you're just an ALIEN here ILLEGALLY... hence ILLEGAL ALIEN.

The demtards use this name change game horse crap to make things sound BETTER, more WARM AND FUZZY and EASIER TO ACCEPT for people that just don't stop to THINK.

I don't play leftist games. They ARE and always WILL BE illegal aliens, period.

Gunny
01-26-2018, 05:08 PM
:laugh2:
Every time I see the term "illegal IMMIGRANT" on twitter I state that it's an OXYMORON, because to be an IMMIGRANT you have to first be here LEGALLY. That's our LAW. You immigrate LEGALLY, or you're just an ALIEN here ILLEGALLY... hence ILLEGAL ALIEN.

The demtards use this name change game horse crap to make things sound BETTER, more WARM AND FUZZY and EASIER TO ACCEPT for people that just don't stop to THINK.

I don't play leftist games. They ARE and always WILL BE illegal aliens, period."Immigrant" is benign. It does not speak to the legal status of the person at all. "Illegal immigrant" is not an incorrect term. It is what it is, however. An attempt to whitewash and soften the impact of the term "illegal alien" which is also grammatically and historically correct. They are in fact illegal immigrants alien to to this Nation.

I can solve your problem for you though. Even the Mexican-Americans call them "wetbacks". Lot easier to type, spell and say :).

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 05:15 PM
:laugh2:"Immigrant" is benign. It does not speak to the legal status of the person at all. "Illegal immigrant" is not an incorrect term. It is what it is, however. An attempt to whitewash and soften the impact of the term "illegal alien" which is also grammatically and historically correct. They are in fact illegal immigrants alien to to this Nation.

I can solve your problem for you though. Even the Mexican-Americans call them "wetbacks". Lot easier to type, spell and say :).
I beg to differ.. technically you're a CRIMINAL if you're here and not legally a citizen or going through the legal immigration process, so technically you could call them CRIMINAL ALIENS and be even more correct than illegal aliens. The LAW won't deem you an immigrant if you're not in this nation legally. Even with DACA... what the kenyan did was illegal, and they they're still not immigrants... they're aliens given temporary status to remain here... illegally.

Gunny
01-26-2018, 05:21 PM
I beg to differ.. technically you're a CRIMINAL if you're here and not legally a citizen or going through the legal immigration process, so technically you could call them CRIMINAL ALIENS and be even more correct than illegal aliens. The LAW won't deem you an immigrant if you're not in this nation legally. Even with DACA... what the kenyan did was illegal, and they they're still not immigrants... they're aliens given temporary status to remain here... illegally.

An immigrant is not a criminal. An ILLEGAL immigrant is a criminal. You're caught up on a word; otherwise, saying the exact same thing I am.

My ancestors were immigrants. Legal ones. Probably as were yours and everyone's but Elizabeth Warren's. She's one of them Cherokee Princesses you always hear tell of.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 05:32 PM
An immigrant is not a criminal. An ILLEGAL immigrant is a criminal. You're caught up on a word; otherwise, saying the exact same thing I am.

My ancestors were immigrants. Legal ones. Probably as were yours and everyone's but Elizabeth Warren's. She's one of them Cherokee Princesses you always hear tell of.
Right... an immigrant is not a criminal, so long as they've immigrated LEGALLY. Otherwise you're an alien in this nation here illegally. Per the law, to be deemed an immigrant, you have to be currently enrolled in the legal immigration process, otherwise you're a criminal. It's just a matter of the legal definition of an immigrant. People can call them immigrant but they're not... legally. It's using the term in a broad sense that neglects the legal issue.

My ancestors came here before there was even immigration laws. We've traced our ancestors back to three of them that are on the muster list with General George Washington at Valley Forge. My great, great grandfather was born in Virginia in 1811 and worked his way over here to Wisconsin. He's buried in a little, LITTLE town not far from me here. He's the first one to settle here.

Gunny
01-26-2018, 06:06 PM
Right... an immigrant is not a criminal, so long as they've immigrated LEGALLY. Otherwise you're an alien in this nation here illegally. Per the law, to be deemed an immigrant, you have to be currently enrolled in the legal immigration process, otherwise you're a criminal. It's just a matter of the legal definition of an immigrant. People can call them immigrant but they're not... legally. It's using the term in a broad sense that neglects the legal issue.

My ancestors came here before there was even immigration laws. We've traced our ancestors back to three of them that are on the muster list with General George Washington at Valley Forge. My great, great grandfather was born in Virginia in 1811 and worked his way over here to Wisconsin. He's buried in a little, LITTLE town not far from me here. He's the first one to settle here.I live in the SW. It is FULL of immigrants. That is what they call themselves and are called. It is a legal classification, That is where the terms come from. It is where the term alien, for the purposes of discussing immigration, come from.

It really doesn't matter how the left and MSM try to soften the impact of what illegal aliens are called. They are what they are. They want to call them emigrants? Fine. They DID emigrate here, legally or not.

Long as that one-way bus ticket says "Nuevo Laredo. Mexico" on it, they can call them cream puffs, victims, what-the-f-ever gets their asses emigrating BACK where they came from.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 06:14 PM
I live in the SW. It is FULL of immigrants. That is what they call themselves and are called. It is a legal classification, That is where the terms come from. It is where the term alien, for the purposes of discussing immigration, come from.

It really doesn't matter how the left and MSM try to soften the impact of what illegal aliens are called. They are what they are. They want to call them emigrants? Fine. They DID emigrate here, legally or not.

Long as that one-way bus ticket says "Nuevo Laredo. Mexico" on it, they can call them cream puffs, victims, what-the-f-ever gets their asses emigrating BACK where they came from.
I just refuse to play the leftist word games, Gunny.

They WERE, accurately, called illegal aliens until the left wanted to play their word game with that because ALIEN SOUNDED TOO BAD. Then it was illegal immigrant, and then some even try and use UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT, which is the height of stupidity and PC bull shit. Just like they changed HOMO to GAY, and GLOBAL WARMING to CLIMATE CHANGE, and there's just an endless list of this crap. I refuse to play their game. I know what they're doing and I won't be part of it.

del
01-26-2018, 06:19 PM
I like Sarah Sanders. That is one, homely woman but she sure as Hell makes up for it in smarts :).

well, you're half right.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 06:23 PM
I do too. I think that lady is the best I've ever seen stand at that podium. I hope she stays for a long time.

Gunny
01-26-2018, 06:33 PM
I just refuse to play the leftist word games, Gunny.

They WERE, accurately, called illegal aliens until the left wanted to play their word game with that because ALIEN SOUNDED TOO BAD. Then it was illegal immigrant, and then some even try and use UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT, which is the height of stupidity and PC bull shit. Just like they changed HOMO to GAY, and GLOBAL WARMING to CLIMATE CHANGE, and there's just an endless list of this crap. I refuse to play their game. I know what they're doing and I won't be part of it.In this case, by dictionary definition, they are grammatically correct. their intent notwithstanding. I just don't let it bother me. I'll point it out times, but the left does it with everything they touch. Hell, they call themselves "liberal" and there is NOTHING, by definition, liberal about them.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 06:53 PM
In this case, by dictionary definition, they are grammatically correct. their intent notwithstanding. I just don't let it bother me. I'll point it out times, but the left does it with everything they touch. Hell, they call themselves "liberal" and there is NOTHING, by definition, liberal about them.
Well, still, legally an immigrant has be here legally. That's just the legal definition. Can you use it in broader terms? I suppose, but in the context they're using, no.

And frankly, I don't play their games because I'm hoping it does piss them off. When they play their words games, they expect EVERYONE to PLAY ALONG, so here comes me, and many others, that don't, and I hope it just sticks in their craw. There's nothing I enjoy more than to piss of democrats letting them know there's millions of us out here that won't play their games.

Gunny
01-26-2018, 07:10 PM
Well, still, legally an immigrant has be here legally. That's just the legal definition. Can you use it in broader terms? I suppose, but in the context they're using, no.

And frankly, I don't play their games because I'm hoping it does piss them off. When they play their words games, they expect EVERYONE to PLAY ALONG, so here comes me, and many others, that don't, and I hope it just sticks in their craw. There's nothing I enjoy more than to piss of democrats letting them know there's millions of us out here that won't play their games.Nope. The form no longer says "alien" on it. It says "immigrant". An immigrant is someone who came here from somewhere else. The legality is a separate block on the form.

Now if some bonehead want to fill it out "illegal immigrant" I'm ALL for it. They have my blessing. Not seeing them get very much further through the process at that point :)

Gunny
01-26-2018, 07:14 PM
ICE in Austin misled everyone when they said they rounded up 51 "documented immigrants" when they really rounded up 130+. Awww. I feel REAL bad. "Documented" means "dreamers".

Don't know wh they're trying so hard. They can just cruised up to old Chucky's house and round up a few. Odd DC Police aren't doing anything. They ahve one of the largest police forces per capita in the US.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 07:15 PM
Nope. The form no longer says "alien" on it. It says "immigrant". An immigrant is someone who came here from somewhere else. The legality is a separate block on the form.

Now if some bonehead want to fill it out "illegal immigrant" I'm ALL for it. They have my blessing. Not seeing them get very much further through the process at that point :)
What form? You're not saying illegal aliens fill out an immigration form are you?

If anything has been changed, it was changed by obama deep state ass clowns that had every intention of flooding America with new democrat voters. That IS their game.

We could probably debate this 'til the cows come home, Gunny. I'd rather talk about pissing off democrats... :beer:

Gunny
01-26-2018, 07:20 PM
What form? You're not saying illegal aliens fill out an immigration form are you?

If anything has been changed, it was changed by obama deep state ass clowns that had every intention of flooding America with new democrat voters. That IS their game.

We could probably debate this 'til the cows come home, Gunny. I'd rather talk about pissing off democrats... :beer:You betcha. All the ones dumb enough to believe Obama are documented. SO are the ones in states that give them IDs, drivers licenses and tax-payer funded state assistance. They're ALL documented.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-26-2018, 07:52 PM
ICE in Austin misled everyone when they said they rounded up 51 "documented immigrants" when they really rounded up 130+. Awww. I feel REAL bad. "Documented" means "dreamers".

Don't know wh they're trying so hard. They can just cruised up to old Chucky's house and round up a few. Odd DC Police aren't doing anything. They ahve one of the largest police forces per capita in the US.
I think the majority of people see this word game the demtards like to play. I really don't think they're fooling many people, but people need to stop playing along. They're still afraid of the backlash if they don't.

Too many people are afraid to ruffle feathers. They see the dems as militant, loud and now even violent. I think the tide is changing though. I've always hoped I pissed off a leftist... c'mon... get in my face and let's see how far you want to push me before I knock your teeth out.

aboutime
01-26-2018, 08:21 PM
There is NO SUCH THING as an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.

They are ILLEGAL ALIENS who are breaking the LAWS of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.