PDA

View Full Version : CNN has gone bananas and doesn't seem to care

Gunny
01-27-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes, CNN staffers have lost their minds. One year of Donald Trump’s America and he’s defeated them as thoroughly the New England Patriots beat, well, just about anybody.
We’re a year into the most-biased U.S. media in history – tracking at 90 percent biased against President Trump (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/rich-noyes/2018/01/16/2017-year-news-media-went-war-against-president). But there appears to be lasting damage to journalists, their professionalism and even their ability to pretend they are rational.
In just one week, CNN staffers blamed President Trump for a man who tried to harm people at their headquarters, ran a piece celebrating cuckolding (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/matt-philbin/2018/01/25/cnn-comes-out-cuckolding-really)(not kidding!) and questioned whether the president deserved “credit” for all of the good corporate news of raises and bonuses – resulting from his tax cut.
Celebrity clown and CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta had repeated run-ins (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2018/01/22/awww-cnns-jim-acosta-suffers-serial-self-humiliation-during-shutdown) with whoever the Trump administration put at the podium. In each case, they smacked him down and showed the lack of depth of his reporting.
Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney had to explain to Acosta that the reason the government shutdown was the fault of Democrats is because of basic math. The GOP has 51 senators and, Mulvaney told Acosta, “you know as well as anybody that it takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass appropriations bill, right?”
Acosta wannabe and CNN Political Analyst Brian Karem (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2018/01/23/clueless-cnns-karem-suggests-trump-doesnt-deserve-credit-corporate) didn’t do any better when talking to the president’s chief economic adviser, Gary Cohn. Karem wondered about how we’ve witnessed, “a litany of – of businesses that are going to give back to the American people, but doesn’t – isn't it unfair to give the president credit for that?”
Cohn smashed back, pointing out that business executives “feel better about the U.S. economy … and they feel like the lower tax rate allows them to share more of their potential earnings with their employees.”
And that leaves out CNN host Christiane Amanpour (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/2018/01/25/pbs-amanpour-finds-russian-guest-support-flakes-comparing-trump)featuring a Russian LGBT activist who repeated the anti-Trump slur comparing him to Stalin. About as fair as CNN Films releasing its new Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary “RBG” at the Sundance Film Festival. The film is more like a tribute than journalism. Entertainment Weekly (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2018/01/24/cnn-films-produces-gushy-ginsburg-documentary) described Ginsburg as “the hottest celebrity” at the festival thanks to CNN’s video press release.
Last, but never least, CNN embarrassment and Anchor Don Lemon (https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/randy-hall/2018/01/24/don-lemon-blames-donald-trump-death-threats-made-cnn-employees) found one more way to blame Trump – for the man who made death threats to CNN. Lemon claimed “there’s nothing random about this. Nothing.”
“This is what happens when the president of the United States, Donald Trump, repeatedly attacks members of the press simply for reporting facts he does not,” Lemon said.
Lemon took umbrage at Trump’s use of “fake news” for CNN, somehow forgetting that four of Trump’s Fake News Awards (https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/) deservedly went to the network.
Blaming Trump is no doubt the reason CNN released another lame apple/banana ad (https://twitter.com/CNN/status/957014930535874571) on Friday. The new ad focused on the danger posed by critics who use the First Amendment to call out the press.
“Some people might try to tell you that this is an apple. It might even start as a joke. But when they say it over and over and over again, and people start to believe it, it's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt,” the ad warned. Then the screen flashed to “Facts First.”
more ...http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/27/cnn-has-gone-bananas-and-doesnt-seem-to-care-and-other-horrible-examples-media-bias.html

The "Apple/banana ad" is REALLY stupid. It's true, but seems to me they need to look in the mirror. The media bias is ridiculous. I certainly don't consider Fox immune to that, but they don't seem to have gone off the rails like CNN has. Well, nobody that I know if seems to have gone off the rails like CNN.:laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-27-2018, 11:24 PM
more ...http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/27/cnn-has-gone-bananas-and-doesnt-seem-to-care-and-other-horrible-examples-media-bias.html

The "Apple/banana ad" is REALLY stupid. It's true, but seems to me they need to look in the mirror. The media bias is ridiculous. I certainly don't consider Fox immune to that, but they don't seem to have gone off the rails like CNN has. Well, nobody that I know if seems to have gone off the rails like CNN.:laugh:
There is no "main stream media" anymore. It's all part of the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA CABAL. When it comes to journalism on the left, it's gone. I watch and listen to exactly NONE of it.

pete311
01-28-2018, 09:23 AM
CNN is definitely biased, but so is FoxNews.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-28-2018, 12:40 PM
This sort of opinion right here ---^^^--- is what you get when the left has gone so far out to the lunatic fringe that centrist news is considered "biased" by them.

darin
01-28-2018, 01:19 PM
yep.

Fox news is the least bianced more-fair-coverage news agency of the big ones. That should be clear - but the rub is this: leftists/progressives are so broken they cannot objectively evalute these things.

Russ
01-28-2018, 01:19 PM
Even though CNN has always been left-leaning, it used to be a legitimate news network and now is not. What happened? The election of Donald Trump happened. CNN upper management apparently decided that the election of Trump was an affront or challenge to its network, and they decided that they were going to dedicate their network to attacks and bad reporting on Donald Trump.

Since Trump's election, CNN has been virtually dedicated to nothing but insults, mockery, and nasty insinuation about Trump, for pretty much 24 hours a day. I go to a nearby gym several days a week, and the gym has CNN on. Even though I can't hear the sound, I see the scroll and the caption. They spend an entire hour talking about the Russia collusion investigation, even though there have been no new developments on it in over a year. I see them present false stories as facts, and I see their anchors lie frequently. Has CNN forgotten that there is other, actual news in the world? Do they understand that nothing has developed with the Russia case? Do they care about their loss of journalism integrity? I don't think they do.

I can understand how a leftist would not like a lot of Donald Trump's policies, and I can understand how a lot of people would consider him crass, or not conciliatory enough to this group of people or that group of people. That's how he is, and sometimes it is what you have to put up with in order to have a President that wants to get things done.

What I cannot understand, though, is CNN's giving up being a news organization and turning into a single-issue attack dog that routinely lies, distorts facts, ignores stories that they don't like, and presents their opinions as the only opinions.

It's too late now, but CNN should have remembered that it takes a long time to develop a reputation but only a very short time to lose it.

Bilgerat
01-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Turn on the tube, watch CNN, NBC or MSNBC and it's all "HATE TRUMP"

Fake news, serial plagiarism outright lies.

And they scream in outrage when they are no longer believed. :laugh:

aboutime
01-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Even though CNN has always been left-leaning, it used to be a legitimate news network and now is not. What happened? The election of Donald Trump happened. CNN upper management apparently decided that the election of Trump was an affront or challenge to its network, and they decided that they were going to dedicate their network to attacks and bad reporting on Donald Trump.

Since Trump's election, CNN has been virtually dedicated to nothing but insults, mockery, and nasty insinuation about Trump, for pretty much 24 hours a day. I go to a nearby gym several days a week, and the gym has CNN on. Even though I can't hear the sound, I see the scroll and the caption. They spend an entire hour talking about the Russia collusion investigation, even though there have been no new developments on it in over a year. I see them present false stories as facts, and I see their anchors lie frequently. Has CNN forgotten that there is other, actual news in the world? Do they understand that nothing has developed with the Russia case? Do they care about their loss of journalism integrity? I don't think they do.

I can understand how a leftist would not like a lot of Donald Trump's policies, and I can understand how a lot of people would consider him crass, or not conciliatory enough to this group of people or that group of people. That's how he is, and sometimes it is what you have to put up with in order to have a President that wants to get things done.

What I cannot understand, though, is CNN's giving up being a news organization and turning into a single-issue attack dog that routinely lies, distorts facts, ignores stories that they don't like, and presents their opinions as the only opinions.

It's too late now, but CNN should have remembered that it takes a long time to develop a reputation but only a very short time to lose it.

Russ. IMO. CNN began their downfall on the day George W. Bush was elected in 2000. Then, to add to their HATRED drive of lying, and FAKE NEWS. They accused Bush of being responsible for 9-11. It has been DOWNHILL since then. In fact. I stopped watching CNN on SEPT. 11, 01.

aboutime
01-28-2018, 02:54 PM
This sort of opinion right here ---^^^--- is what you get when the left has gone so far out to the lunatic fringe that centrist news is considered "biased" by them.

High_Plains. Liberals like petey have been taught to hate FOX because they also hate learning, or hearing ACTUAL, HONEST facts that differ from their DNC Brainwashed, Constantly repeated lies.

Abbey Marie
01-28-2018, 02:56 PM
Russ. IMO. CNN began their downfall on the day George W. Bush was elected in 2000. Then, to add to their HATRED drive of lying, and FAKE NEWS. They accused Bush of being responsible for 9-11. It has been DOWNHILL since then. In fact. I stopped watching CNN on SEPT. 11, 01.

That was the last day I watched CNN as well. Aaron Brown was such an idiot, I couldn't believe it.

aboutime
01-28-2018, 02:58 PM
That was the last day I watched CNN as well. Aaron Brown was such an idiot, I couldn't believe it.

Exactly the same reason I stopped. Couldn't handle listening to his voice, repeating his opinions, and trying to describe what we were seeing....as something Only He Could See.

Talk about patronization?????

Abbey Marie
01-28-2018, 03:09 PM
Exactly the same reason I stopped. Couldn't handle listening to his voice, repeating his opinions, and trying to describe what we were seeing....as something Only He Could See.

Talk about patronization?????

So true. After the second plane hit the second tower, he actually said, "Maybe it's pilot error?".

Russ
01-28-2018, 03:22 PM

CNN was a willing participant in that stupid Bush-9-11 conspiracy story? Wow, they are even more pathetic than I thought. One thing they cannot be accused of is reporting the news. :laugh2:

Little-Acorn
01-28-2018, 03:23 PM
I haven't noticed any difference in CNN's news broadcasts.

Russ
01-28-2018, 03:26 PM
So true. After the second plane hit the second tower, he actually said, "Maybe it's pilot error?".

Aaron Brown turned himself into a joke with that quote. I guess he was too much of a pansy to mention terrorism, no matter how much it was staring him in the face. In my opinion, CNN reporters should worry more about their journalistic integrity, and how much of a pansy other people think they are, and worry less about mentioning the word "terrorism" in their reports. Just sayin' :salute:

aboutime
01-28-2018, 03:57 PM
Aaron Brown turned himself into a joke with that quote. I guess he was too much of a pansy to mention terrorism, no matter how much it was staring him in the face. In my opinion, CNN reporters should worry more about their journalistic integrity, and how much of a pansy other people think they are, and worry less about mentioning the word "terrorism" in their reports. Just sayin' :salute:

Russ. That's their problem at CNN. They have NO Journalists, or Integrity. Everything has become extended lies, fabrications, conspiracy. As the President says so well...FAKE NEWS.

Bilgerat
01-28-2018, 04:37 PM
https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27459148_154113348712111_4449956764620212169_n.jpg ?oh=0b58b6294d90709ae6aad868b0ea1f3b&oe=5B1F25BC

Kathianne
01-28-2018, 04:55 PM

Actually the 'news' on FOX isn't bad: Shep Smith, Bret Baier, Chris Wallace. The 'programs?' yes, they are part of the Trump team.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-28-2018, 05:48 PM
I haven't noticed any difference in CNN's news broadcasts.
You must have started watching it less than a year ago then.

They kissed obama's ass and licked his boots for the entire time he was in office.

They have attacked president Trump relentlessly with hyperbole, exaggerations, insults and lies ever since he started his campaign. The same thing goes for all the members of the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA CABAL.

If you can't see that, then you're brain dead.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Actually the 'news' on FOX isn't bad: Shep Smith, Bret Baier, Chris Wallace. The 'programs?' yes, they are part of the Trump team.
About the only time I can stomach even Fox News is in the early morning, and then the TV spends more time on mute than not.

When these so called news outlets spend 30 seconds or less on actually reporting a story and then say, "let's bring on so and so, and so and so to get their reaction," it's nothing but opinion from there and I don't need to or want to hear it. Their panels, their pundits, their analysts, all their talking heads, they have nothing to say I want to hear. Opinion isn't news. As soon as they say "I think...," the news is over.

Gunny
01-28-2018, 06:25 PM
CNN is definitely biased, but so is FoxNews.I think I mentioned that Fox was bias. It is irrelevant to, and in way negates, softens, misdirects nor otherwise excuse CNN's fall off the deep end. ALL media is bias in one way or another.

Even when I knew CNN was bias to the left I still for the most part considered it a legitimate source for basic news. I can weed through the bias. No more. They just make crap up now.

Abbey Marie
01-28-2018, 11:35 PM
About the only time I can stomach even Fox News is in the early morning, and then the TV spends more time on mute than not.

When these so called news outlets spend 30 seconds or less on actually reporting a story and then say, "let's bring on so and so, and so and so to get their reaction," it's nothing but opinion from there and I don't need to or want to hear it. Their panels, their pundits, their analysts, all their talking heads, they have nothing to say I want to hear. Opinion isn't news. As soon as they say "I think...," the news is over.

Sometimes I try to imagine what Fox News would look like if we suddenly ran out of blonde hair dye.

:laugh2:

Gunny
01-28-2018, 11:45 PM
Sometimes I try to imagine what Fox News would look like if we suddenly ran out of blonde hair dye.

:laugh2:Noticed that, huh? :)

A local from Channel 5 went to work for Fox. TOTAL makeover. I didn't recognize her at first. Her first name is Ainsley (Erhardt I think). I was like wow.

On OANN they have normal women. It's an adjustment :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-28-2018, 11:50 PM
Noticed that, huh? :)

A local from Channel 5 went to work for Fox. TOTAL makeover. I didn't recognize her at first. Her first name is Ainsley (Erhardt I think). I was like wow.

On OANN they have normal women. It's an adjustment :laugh:

Stop it! I've wanted that channel since last summer, but can't get it. :(

Gunny
01-29-2018, 12:08 AM
Stop it! I've wanted that channel since last summer, but can't get it. :(Go to the website. OANN,com works. Maybe they stream. I don't know.

If you look in the Conservative Girls are Prettier thread (whatever it's called) I posted a video of Liz Wheeler slamming the shiznets out of the lefty media and she hits on abortion. She is GOOD. :)

Oh, and the website has a # on the front page you can complain to if you have Dish and want OANN.

Abbey Marie
01-29-2018, 01:55 AM
Go to the website. OANN,com works. Maybe they stream. I don't know.

If you look in the Conservative Girls are Prettier thread (whatever it's called) I posted a video of Liz Wheeler slamming the shiznets out of the lefty media and she hits on abortion. She is GOOD. :)

Oh, and the website has a # on the front page you can complain to if you have Dish and want OANN.

I'll have to ask the techies of the household. We have xfinity.

Gunny
01-29-2018, 09:09 AM
You must have started watching it less than a year ago then.

They kissed obama's ass and licked his boots for the entire time he was in office.

They have attacked president Trump relentlessly with hyperbole, exaggerations, insults and lies ever since he started his campaign. The same thing goes for all the members of the DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA CABAL.

If you can't see that, then you're brain dead.I think you missed the sarcasm dripping off his comment. ;)

Gunny
01-29-2018, 09:14 AM

When these so called news outlets spend 30 seconds or less on actually reporting a story and then say, "let's bring on so and so, and so and so to get their reaction," it's nothing but opinion from there and I don't need to or want to hear it. Their panels, their pundits, their analysts, all their talking heads, they have nothing to say I want to hear. Opinion isn't news. As soon as they say "I think...," the news is over.I don't watch Fox News. I DO however use it looking for news stories to post. Same as OANN and BBC. I used to use CNN as well. I don't like ABC. The site is too user unfriendly to post their crap. NBC I look at every once in awhile to see if anything worth laughing at is going on.

I watch the local news here which is a CBS affiliate, and I get OANN. If OANN would put all the stories they have on their broadcasts online I'd be BUSY :).

Russ
01-29-2018, 09:31 AM
FoxNews at least represents themselves as right leaning.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-29-2018, 12:29 PM

:laugh2:
Yeah I don't get that. Blond, blond, blond, blond... and more blond. I have ZERO idea WHY they feel the need to bleach their hair BLOND.

When I met my 2nd wife she had blond hair. Then one day AFTER we were MARRIED I saw her picking out blond hair coloring at the store. I asked her what that was for and she said to redo her roots. I said you mean your hair ISN'T NATURALLY blond? She said no. So I asked her what color it was normally and she said RED. I said well HOLY COW, LET THE RED GROW OUT, I LOVE RED HAIR. She couldn't believe I liked red hair. So she got some dye that was close to her color and I helped her dye it back to normal. I even have a picture of that. It was beautiful when it all grew back out. I loved it. Auburn is pretty too, and brunette. This blond stuff, when a woman has light to fair skin and then bleaches her hair blond, it just looks all washed out. It is NOT attractive IMO.

Stop it! I've wanted that channel since last summer, but can't get it. :(
Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/user/1americanews

Abbey Marie
01-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Yeah I don't get that. Blond, blond, blond, blond... and more blond. I have ZERO idea WHY they feel the need to bleach their hair BLOND.

When I met my 2nd wife she had blond hair. Then one day AFTER we were MARRIED I saw her picking out blond hair coloring at the store. I asked her what that was for and she said to redo her roots. I said you mean your hair ISN'T NATURALLY blond? She said no. So I asked her what color it was normally and she said RED. I said well HOLY COW, LET THE RED GROW OUT, I LOVE RED HAIR. She couldn't believe I liked red hair. So she got some dye that was close to her color and I helped her dye it back to normal. I even have a picture of that. It was beautiful when it all grew back out. I loved it. Auburn is pretty too, and brunette. This blond stuff, when a woman has light to fair skin and then bleaches her hair blond, it just looks all washed out. It is NOT attractive IMO.

Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/user/1americanews

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11208&stc=1

Gunny
01-29-2018, 12:48 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11208&stc=1I had a blonde GF once. She was ee-vil.:laugh:

aboutime
01-29-2018, 03:29 PM
Noticed how most of the people who say FOX news is biased, and lousy....Have never watched it?

And, if asked "Why don't you watch it?" They always admit..."somebody else told them it was bad".

That answer is exactly how the Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives control their Easily-led, Uneducated minions who always vote democrat...because somebody else told them to.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-29-2018, 05:14 PM
Noticed how most of the people who say FOX news is biased, and lousy....Have never watched it?

And, if asked "Why don't you watch it?" They always admit..."somebody else told them it was bad".

That answer is exactly how the Democrats, Liberals, and Progressives control their Easily-led, Uneducated minions who always vote democrat...because somebody else told them to.
"GROUP THINK"... it's what they do.

There is no INDIVIDUALISM within the democrat party. They follow the leader or they're ostracized, just like the good little Nazis that they are.