PDA

View Full Version : Rant of the Day - Ninnies MAY get offended from time to Time.

darin
08-15-2007, 05:56 PM
A New feature - brought to you by 'dmp' - Rant of the day. I'll shoot straight from the hip, and call it like I see it.

Today I hate Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

Sorry Pale...nothing personal.

I don't hate them per se, but I HATE that nearly every Harley I hear sounds like straight-ass. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!! THEN...THEN the guy will sit at a stop continually blipping the throttle as if it were a cammed-up 72 Nova.

Seriously - Do these guys REALLY think their bike is cooler for blowing out ear drums? I see guys in honda civics with fart-can mufflers getting tickets for their exhaust, or their stereo - but I swear to all that is holy, they ain't got NOTHING on Harleys. Why do we tolerate it, as a society? Frankly, I LOVE the sound of a hot-rod car or muscle car, or even tuned, muscular-sounding bike...but enough is f'ing ENOUGH already.

To the Harley guys: "Louder is NOT always better." Please, for the sake of the starving pygmies in New Zealand....BUY A FOCKING MUFFLER.

:)

Sock Puppet
08-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Ninnies MAY get offended from time to Time.

Do liberals count as 'ninnies'? :laugh2:

darin
08-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Do liberals count as 'ninnies'? :laugh2:

Sometimes. Most liberals happen to be ninnies. Not all ninnies are liberals.

LiberalNation
08-15-2007, 06:28 PM
My Rant, asshole mods/admin with superiority complexes who censor anyone saying something they don't like.

jimnyc
08-15-2007, 06:32 PM
My Rant, asshole mods/admin with superiority complexes who censor anyone saying something they don't like.

You just don't seem to want to listen, do you? Your usual 24 has been increased to 48 this time, and will get longer with each time you feel you can do as you please around here.

gabosaurus
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Very true. Only certain people get to do what they please. Everyone else has to follow the stated rules of the forum.

jimnyc
08-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Very true. Only certain people get to do what they please. Everyone else has to follow the stated rules of the forum.

Give LN a call, maybe you 2 can do something together for the next 48.

82Marine89
08-15-2007, 07:30 PM
Loud pipes save lives!!!!!!!!!

jackass
08-15-2007, 08:01 PM

:lol: :clap:

Sitarro
08-15-2007, 11:18 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

Pale Rider
08-16-2007, 02:37 AM

Too bad the 48 isn't DAYS instead of hours. 99% of everything either one posts is cow pie.

Pale Rider
08-16-2007, 02:55 AM
A New feature - brought to you by 'dmp' - Rant of the day. I'll shoot straight from the hip, and call it like I see it.

Today I hate Harley Davidson Motorcycles.

Sorry Pale...nothing personal.

I don't hate them per se, but I HATE that nearly every Harley I hear sounds like straight-ass. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!! THEN...THEN the guy will sit at a stop continually blipping the throttle as if it were a cammed-up 72 Nova.

Seriously - Do these guys REALLY think their bike is cooler for blowing out ear drums? I see guys in honda civics with fart-can mufflers getting tickets for their exhaust, or their stereo - but I swear to all that is holy, they ain't got NOTHING on Harleys. Why do we tolerate it, as a society? Frankly, I LOVE the sound of a hot-rod car or muscle car, or even tuned, muscular-sounding bike...but enough is f'ing ENOUGH already.

To the Harley guys: "Louder is NOT always better." Please, for the sake of the starving pygmies in New Zealand....BUY A FOCKING MUFFLER.

OK... Darin... two things... first, my pipes aren't all that loud, but, I did want them loud'ER than stock. I've been in traffic TOO MANY TIMES going down I-80, or 395 South, and had someone just start MERGING ON OVER RIGHT INTO ME WITHOUT SO MUCH AS LOOKING! I honk my horn, I rev my engine, nothing. They just keep moving right on over, and I have no alternative but to slam on my brakes, or I'll get run over. I usually then speed up to the drivers window and flip them the bird with finger laying on glass complimented with a big FUCK YOU! Now "IF" I had LOUDER pipes, maybe, just maybe, over these nimrods loud music playing, and the air conditioner fan blowing, and the cell phone glued to the ear, THEY JUST MIGHT HEAR ME and not RUN OVER ME!

Second, yes, I'm a Harley Davidson Technician. I've BUILT many hot rod Harley engines, and I can tell you this, when you modify an engine to increase the compression, i.e., cam lobe design, mill the heads, stroker crank, different pistons, thinner head gasket, any or all of the above, the exhaust is NOTABLY louder. It crackles. You can also very distinctly hear the cam. The engine will "lope." Most "good" tuned exhausts are loud on a modified engine. Anything that keeps them "quite" is too restrictive. You're smothering your engine and losing horse power. You want everything out of that motor that you can get? Then you're going to have a loud exhaust.

Last, I 'KNOW' about the guys that sit and "blip" the throttle. They usually think they're shit is WAY badder than it is. I agree it's aggravating to listen to. I never do it. My Harley is fuel injected. It purs like a kitten at idle. There's no need. But last, STRAIGHT PIPES. They don't do anything but make obnoxious noise. They actually LOSE horse power under most riding and throttle conditions except W.O.T. at high revs, and even then, it depends greatly on pipe diameter and length before they work well. Most people that run drag/straight pipes simply WANT their bike to be loud. Well, there must be a lot of people like you that don't like the noise, because I know of several places where they've enacted noise limits. Too loud, ticket time. And then there's this tidbit, right before I left Harley Davidson, for 2007, H-D no longer sells any sort of exhaust other than stock. If you're going to put louder than stock pipes on your Harley, they will HAVE to be after market.

Didn't mean to write a book, but it is something I know a lot about.

JohnDoe
08-16-2007, 03:18 AM
Very true. Only certain people get to do what they please. Everyone else has to follow the stated rules of the forum.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I just thought I could add to all the :clap:'s on this board that the males are giving to each other on the other posts for their own smart ass remarks, and that you two females could use some of those claps, so that the MALES on this board don't get too confident by their self congratulations....

jd

and Gabo...I don't know that what you said is true, too new to know, just thought you needed some claps to combat the boys ganging up!

Pale Rider
08-16-2007, 05:10 AM
I just thought I could add to all the :clap:'s on this board that the males are giving to each other on the other posts for their own smart ass remarks, and that you two females could use some of those claps, so that the MALES on this board don't get too confident by their self congratulations....

jd

and Gabo...I don't know that what you said is true, too new to know, just thought you needed some claps to combat the boys ganging up!

Maybe you'd also like to be the next one banned along with your liberal moonbat sisters.... :clap:

Jon
08-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Loud pipes save lives!!!!!!!!!

So I suppose you'd have no objection to everyone running straight exhausts on their cars and trucks?

I know I've been nearly run off the road many times by people that aren't paying attention. Perhaps if I made my car's exhaust louder I'd be safer?

darin
08-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Today's Rant:

Questioning Co-Workers.

"So...Darin....why do you suppose they use THAT shade of yellow for the stripes on the street?"

"Darin, why do you think People would buy a firewall program when windows already has one?"

"Darin, look at this junk mail I got from home; why do you think the company sending this would write it this way?"

(sigh).

I don't know and I don't care.

Pale Rider
08-16-2007, 12:45 PM
So I suppose you'd have no objection to everyone running straight exhausts on their cars and trucks?

I know I've been nearly run off the road many times by people that aren't paying attention. Perhaps if I made my car's exhaust louder I'd be safer?

On the exhaust question: probably.

On a side note: By virtue of being on four wheels and completely surrounded by a metal cage and strapped in, you're much safer in a car than being completely exposed and on two wheels. One has a far greater need to be seen/heard than the other.

darin
08-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Hey guys - that was YESTERDAY's Rant ;)

Monkeybone
08-16-2007, 12:54 PM
i know what you mean D. i have this lady that i work with that apprently i forget that i write "plz bitch about everything to me" on my forehead. sometime i wanna strangle her with my phone cord or tell her that i don't fucking care and that she should quit.

LiberalNation
08-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Shrugs, my rant of the day would still be asshole mods.

Oh and the parking nazi at my school who has nothing better to do then chase people down off school property if they try an escape by foot or vehical. And the new backpack rule, we no longer get to have them, unless they're clear, and no stuffing a regular backpack into a clear one, but we can still have the knapsack kinds which could just as easily conceal a weapon and purses too. Stupid ass rule if I ever heard one and the stupid ass mazi principle chases kids into there rooms just so he can steal their backpacks. Even got pissed off at me when I suggested we that medal dectors would be more effective and why don't we have them if the school is worried so much about our safety. Said we didn't have enough money, then I asked why we don't fundraise then and he huffed off.

jimnyc
08-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Shrugs, my rant of the day would still be asshole mods.

I'm going to give you an opportunity to "clarify" your statement.

LiberalNation
08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
What clarifying, asshole mods annoy me and my rant would be against them. So any mod out there who thinks they're an asshole then my rants against you.

jimnyc
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
What clarifying, asshole mods annoy me and my rant would be against them. So any mod out there who thinks they're an asshole then my rants against you.

Ok, clear enough. I'm an admitted asshole at times. But you're condemning of staff here, in a completely unrelated thread, and against the TOS.

Would you like one more chance to clarify what you're trying to state here?

LiberalNation
08-17-2007, 06:41 PM
What does TOS mean, my post is completly on topic, you asked for rants of the day, authority figures who try to enforce 'rules" would be the people I would rant against in my rants.

ie I'm not condemning your staff, I'm exspressing my opinion on all admins/mods on every board across the entire internet.

jimnyc
08-17-2007, 06:43 PM
What does TOS mean, my post is completly on topic, you asked for rants of the day, authority figures who try to enforce 'rules" would be the people I would rant against in my rants.

ie I'm not condemning your staff, I'm exspressing my opinion on all admins/mods on every board across the entire internet.

TOS = Terms of Service = Rules

NOBODY "asked" for your rant.

If you want to condemn staff at other boards, go there and do so, but you aren't coming here to try and get attention by stirring shit up as usual. Continue in the manner you are and you're going to find yourself posting at the other boards instead of here for longer than you might anticipate.

Pale Rider
08-17-2007, 06:46 PM

This is called "back peddling" Jimmy, since you called her on it. She must actually be afraid of you.

LiberalNation
08-17-2007, 06:50 PM
What back peddling, why would I be afraid of jim. The worst he could do would be ban me, not something to really fear.

jimnyc
08-17-2007, 06:55 PM
What back peddling, why would I be afraid of jim. The worst he could do would be ban me, not something to really fear.

I agree, you don't fear me, and you shouldn't. I'm just a person on a message board like yourself. But we have rules here, and you know them well since you've broken them many, many times. You've been warned countless times and have been banned more times than I can count. Anyone else would have been banned forever a long time ago, but I cut you a lot of slack.

Just let it go. Drop it. Move on. Consider it done.

LiberalNation
08-17-2007, 06:56 PM
K

jimnyc
08-17-2007, 06:57 PM
K

Thank you. :)

Sock Puppet
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
K

Yes. Thank you.

typomaniac
08-17-2007, 07:08 PM

I'd just like to know what I have to do to get into the "certain people" club. If it's not too expensive or humiliating, I might go for it. :)

Sock Puppet
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I'd just like to know what I have to do to get into the "certain people" club. If it's not too expensive or humiliating, I might go for it. :)
I don't think Kalifornians are allowed in the club... :smoke:

jackass
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM

Im sure you have done it before. Now you just have to perform it on Jimmy! :finger3: :laugh2:

jimnyc
08-17-2007, 07:57 PM

You're already in the "certain people" club, and will remain there unless you choose to habitually break the rules. My main pet peeve is discussing and/or condemning moderators and their decisions pertaining to board policy. So long as that stuff is kept to PM, you won't have any issues.

Gabby and others will claim forever that many get special treatment while members like her get temp bans. But the fact of the matter is that we only have a few members who simply cannot grasp that rule. Those that she considers to be "special" just don't break that rule. It's very simple, but she and others would rather make it out to be a conspiracy of sorts against liberals.

emmett
08-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I sometimes think I am back in the third grade some nights on here. I became quite disenchanted actually at one point and completely stopped posting. Then I got to thinking about it and realized, "it's a message board folks". A moderator shouldn't really even be necessary. One would think a person who was interested enough to debate and spend their time here would have all the interest in the world in seeing a level community. That said, of course there are a few who insist on stepping over the line (whereever the line is) and get "banned". Shouldn't the "fool me once" rule apply. I mean hell, just kick em off. See ya, end of problem. I think those intereted in true debate would "curve" their behavior a wee bit if they were really interested in debating.

The Arguing lounge or whatever it's called is good idea. Just do all the crao there.

Oh well.

gabosaurus
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't understand the "keep your arguments to PMs" part. Because I have gotten banned for PMs as well. Most of the time, my PMs are merely ignored.

But whatever. My complaint today in the reckless and unstable economy. It done wore my poor financial analyst husband plum out. 8 p.m. and he is already asleep.
I am blaming it on the Republicans.

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Im sure you have done it before. Now you just have to perform it on Jimmy! :finger3: :laugh2:

You're partly right. I had it performed on me. By a former Miss Idaho.

:banana: :smoke:

darin
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
So - if all you wankers will kindly stop your take-over of MY thread...

Here's my Rant: People who draw close to you, only to catch you off-guard, out of the blue, and shit down your neck.

darin
08-20-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't understand the "keep your arguments to PMs" part. Because I have gotten banned for PMs as well.

Hello, Liar!

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
So - if all you wankers will kindly stop your take-over of MY thread...

Here's my Rant: People who draw close to you, only to catch you off-guard, out of the blue, and shit down your neck.

That sounds bad. Co-worker?

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 03:30 PM
So - if all you wankers will kindly stop your take-over of MY thread....
If you don't want us to post here, just lock the thread, silly! :slap:

darin
08-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Get your OWN rant thread.

LiberalNation
08-20-2007, 03:39 PM

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Get your OWN rant thread.

Do I get to lock and unlock it?

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 04:19 PM

Try it and find out!

darin
08-20-2007, 04:21 PM

For what fer den?

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Try it and find out!

The permissions as they're now set allow only staff members to lock and unlock their own (or others') threads. Gimme that power and I'll get my own rant thread like Daren suggested.

Better yet, why doesn't this site allow blogs for each member, over which the members have absolute control? Not hard to do, and it's been done before.

Abbey Marie
08-20-2007, 05:11 PM
The permissions as they're now set allow only staff members to lock and unlock their own (or others') threads. Gimme that power and I'll get my own rant thread like Daren suggested.

Better yet, why doesn't this site allow blogs for each member, over which the members have absolute control? Not hard to do, and it's been done before.

Yes, as staff, I know how permissions are set. It was a joke. :poke:

As for blogs, PM Jim and request it. He's an accomodating owner.

darin
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM

you spelled my name wrong. No LockPowa FOR JOOO!!

typomaniac
08-20-2007, 06:01 PM
you spelled my name wrong. No LockPowa FOR JOOO!!

I'd settle for a blog.

darin
08-20-2007, 08:39 PM
It's against my policy to have TWO Rants in one day...but..

I'm playing Madden 07 on my Xbox when my wife comes in with a gift! Madden 08!!

YAY!!

I stop my game, and pop in the new disc.

"Xbox cannot read this disc, it's either damaged or not an xbox disc" or whatever, is the error.

Fine - musta got a bad copy!

No - now NO GAMES work on my Xbox.

:-/

:(

POOP ON MS!

jackass
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM

YAY!!

"Xbox cannot read this disc, it's either damaged or not an xbox disc" or whatever, is the error.

POOP ON MS!

Damn...sorry to hear it! Guess you gotta get a 360 now!! :dance:

Jon
08-21-2007, 03:51 AM

YAY!!

POOP ON MS!

Need me to fix it again? :)

Also, who is sneaking up on you and crapping down your neck? That's disgusting!

darin
08-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey - if you wanna look-see, I'll letcha have at it. I think, based on a 10 minute google, my xbox's CDRom decided not to play. Looks like about $60 for a replacement unit.

Jon
08-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey - if you wanna look-see, I'll letcha have at it. I think, based on a 10 minute google, my xbox's CDRom decided not to play. Looks like about $60 for a replacement unit.

If it comes to that, I'd just do this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=xbox+-360&minAsk=0&maxAsk=100

darin
08-21-2007, 10:00 AM
If it comes to that, I'd just do this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=xbox+-360&minAsk=0&maxAsk=100

can't view from work - xbox for sale? would need to swap-in my xbox's HD.

Jon
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM

Basically. There are a bunch of them for sale for less than $100.

Hagbard Celine
08-21-2007, 10:36 AM
You're partly right. I had it performed on me. By a former Miss Idaho.

:banana: :smoke:

You do know why they cancelled the "Miss Ebonics USA" pageant right? They couldn't find anybody who wanted to be Miss Idaho! :laugh:

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 11:58 AM

YAY!!

POOP ON MS!

Your lens is going out. Try cleaning it.

You can still buy them new............ You swap out the drive with a used one you will have the same problem sooner.

darin
08-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Your lens is going out. Try cleaning it.

Not going out - it IS out. :( All-of-a-sudden, too. :(

nevadamedic
08-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Not going out - it IS out. :( All-of-a-sudden, too. :(

Go get a new X-Box they cant be that expensive maybe $99

You do know why they cancelled the "Miss Ebonics USA" pageant right? They couldn't find anybody who wanted to be Miss Idaho! :laugh:

Just when I think you can't get anymore racist.

darin
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
So update:

A neighbor of mine loaned to me his "Xbox Disc Cleaner Thing" - it's a DVD w/ a tiny brush on the bottom. I ran that through, and VOILA!

Everything Works! I spent about 3.5 hours last night setting up my Seahawks Franchise in Madden 08. Course, I'm only two games into the season and I've benched Matt Hasselbeck. On this game, that SOB throws a LOT of INTs. :(
I'm using Seneca Wallace - whose 92? speed rating (after I adjusted it towards reality from 80? something as it was listed) is a terror. I feel like I'm playing college ball because when he rolls out, he can get CHUNKS of yards.

Review so far:

I HATE the ads. There are in-game ads, which suck.

Graphics are nearly identical in quality to Madden 07; different patterns and schemes though. The players seem more animated - for example, I see Deon Branch jumping and leaping and twisting. In madden 07, he'd just 'catch' the ball.

I LOVE having 'mostly' current rosters!

Now - for my RANT of The DAY!

Acetaminophen and Codeine Pills. Yup. My lifeblood. I took 5 last night, about 8:30pm and woke up with pain in/around my kidneys a few hours later.

darin
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
RANT:

College Placement Tests.

As my good friend Jon put it: "The WORST outcome of your placement test is you being put in a class you need to take."

He nailed it. Doesn't change the fact college sucks. Mostly because it hurts my brain. I'm nowhere NEAR as sharp as I was 10 or 15 years ago (The last time I was in any sort of formal classes). I hate logical-sequence questions. I hate algebraic expressions and crap.

I know I'll have remedial Math, as the last Math I took in school was 10th Grade Algebra (as a Senior) in High School.

The other parts of the test don't bother me much - I'm good with other stuff. I'll get dinged on proper English, etc, as I haven't a memory of english/language terms re: Possessives and participles or whatever and junk. That'll be a series of me wildly-guessing at answers.

so - today at 1330, I'll start my official "Academic Career" (for the 2nd time...I've got about a quarter's worth of credits from 1995.)

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 01:48 PM
RANT:

College Placement Tests.

As my good friend Jon put it: "The WORST outcome of your placement test is you being put in a class you need to take."

He nailed it. Doesn't change the fact college sucks. Mostly because it hurts my brain. I'm nowhere NEAR as sharp as I was 10 or 15 years ago (The last time I was in any sort of formal classes). I hate logical-sequence questions. I hate algebraic expressions and crap.

I know I'll have remedial Math, as the last Math I took in school was 10th Grade Algebra (as a Senior) in High School.

The other parts of the test don't bother me much - I'm good with other stuff. I'll get dinged on proper English, etc, as I haven't a memory of english/language terms re: Possessives and participles or whatever and junk. That'll be a series of me wildly-guessing at answers.

so - today at 1330, I'll start my official "Academic Career" (for the 2nd time...I've got about a quarter's worth of credits from 1995.)

I'm tempted to move this to the "Rave" thread. You have reason to be very proud of yourself. Doing college-level work later on can be tough.

darin
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm tempted to move this to the "Rave" thread. You have reason to be very proud of yourself. Doing college-level work later on can be tough.

essept I'll have a number of classes which aren't 'college-level'. :)

Blah - it's frustrating. I keep reminding myself "Dude, take it on the 10-year plan!" I figure, if I can be 45 years old, with a BS or BA, plus my experience, I'll be pretty competitive for advancement.

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 02:04 PM

Blah - it's frustrating. I keep reminding myself "Dude, take it on the 10-year plan!" I figure, if I can be 45 years old, with a BS or BA, plus my experience, I'll be pretty competitive for advancement.

Yes, grasshopper.
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

:beer::thumb:

darin
08-23-2007, 02:11 PM
It's obvious Confucius never had Orbitz. :)

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 02:13 PM
It's obvious Confucius never had Orbitz. :)

Or a wife, kids and a mortgage! :coffee:

darin
08-23-2007, 02:17 PM
:D - leaving here in 10 minutes. Feel as though I've got 10lbs of sugar in my veins!

Abbey Marie
08-23-2007, 02:20 PM
:D - leaving here in 10 minutes. Feel as though I've got 10lbs of sugar in my veins!

Good luck, D. And prayers...

jackass
08-23-2007, 02:23 PM

Or Tommy Boy..... :laugh2:

5stringJeff
08-23-2007, 02:34 PM
RANT:

College Placement Tests.

Did I miss something? Where are you going to school? For what? What changed your mind?? :)

darin
08-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Reading Score:95%
Writing Score: 99%
DebatingNinniesOnline Score: 150%
Math Score: 29%

So - yeah...Math 60 FTMFL! :(

Jeff: It's a pretty high-end school...Pierce College, behind Lowes, etc. Near-ish to your old place.

nevadamedic
08-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Now - for my RANT of The DAY!

Acetaminophen and Codeine Pills. Yup. My lifeblood. I took 5 last night, about 8:30pm and woke up with pain in/around my kidneys a few hours later.

Kiss your liver good bye if you keep that up.

darin
08-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Liver, or kidneys? 40mg of Codeine, twice a week to three-times a month is a risk I wanna take so I can walk better :)

Kathianne
08-23-2007, 06:38 PM
RANT:

College Placement Tests.

College is great! Enjoy what you learn. Screw the 'grammar lessons' just go to strunk and white and edit very carefully! If you need help, feel free to ask in pm's, I'll do what I can, I'm sure others would too.

I promise, I'll watch my ellipsis..........however you spell that, commas,,,, and semicolons;;;;

;)

5stringJeff
08-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Jeff: It's a pretty high-end school...Pierce College, behind Lowes, etc. Near-ish to your old place.

:word:

Towards what degree?

darin
08-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Undeclared - but I think a business-tranfer program to UW-Tacoma is in my future...I'm in no hurry - if it takes 10 years, fine. By that time, you'll be a GS15, and could hire me to be your GS14 coffee/errand boy :)

darin
08-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Rant of the Day:

Eggs. Lately, when I eat eggs, I get the shits. :-/

dan
08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Rant of the Day:

That usually happens to me. Either that or I get (very smelly) gas. I only eat eggs on very rare occassions. Like right before road trips.:laugh2:

typomaniac
08-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Rant of the Day:

Too much caffeine does the same thing to me. :fart:

5stringJeff
08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Undeclared - but I think a business-tranfer program to UW-Tacoma is in my future...I'm in no hurry - if it takes 10 years, fine. By that time, you'll be an SES, and could hire me to be your GS14 coffee/errand boy :)

Fixed that for ya. :D

darin
08-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Fixed that for ya. :D

That'll work! :) I could carry your flag around for ya.

darin
08-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Today my coworker called me into his office. He showed me his email where he was sent multiple copies of one email from one sender.

"Why do you suppose he would send that 7 times, Darin?"

(thinking) - Because he knew you'd waste MY time calling me into to your office to ask why?

"Maybe it was a server or sender error? I dunno. Ask him, or just let it go."