PDA

View Full Version : The DEFINITIVE And Final Ranking of All 50 States... FLORIDA - DEAD LAST.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-28-2018, 06:55 PM
Granted... this is a really corny ranking, but I'll go with it since it puts Wisconsin as #4... :thumb:

EVERY STATE IN AMERICA RANKED...

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/ranking-the-united-states-of-america-from-best-to-worst

Bilgerat
01-28-2018, 08:16 PM
Granted... this is a really corny ranking, but I'll go with it since it puts Wisconsin as #4... :thumb:

EVERY STATE IN AMERICA RANKED...

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/ranking-the-united-states-of-america-from-best-to-worst

http://images.cpcache.com/image/9311765.png

Gunny
01-28-2018, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I think that's BS about FL too. This guy ranks the Left Coast states WAY to high. If I hadn't retired here, FL was next on the list. CA is dead-ass LAST.

Elessar
01-28-2018, 11:57 PM
Those guys need to get out of house more.

Idiotic list! Pretty much all personal opinion not at all
based on logical fact with the full intent to do nothing
but be insulting to as many as possible.

darin
01-29-2018, 01:35 AM
I think only two things would keep me from florida -

First, the weather never f'ing changes. You want hot and sunny with a couple rainy days? Sure. Enjoy that.

Secondly. Flat flat flat flat flat.

Seasons. Seasons matter. Warm summers, Crisp clear falls, snowy winters, rainy springs. Perfect. Find me a place like that. Where I can open a no-kill shelter for dogs.

Gunny
01-29-2018, 09:48 AM

First, the weather never f'ing changes. You want hot and sunny with a couple rainy days? Sure. Enjoy that.

Seasons. Seasons matter. Warm summers, Crisp clear falls, snowy winters, rainy springs. Perfect. Find me a place like that. Where I can open a no-kill shelter for dogs.A "couple" of rainy days? It rains EVERY day from Jul to Dec in FL.

There's no one, perfect place. There are things I like about almost everywhere I have lived. That does NOT include Ohio and Kansas. When I want beach and summer, I want to be in S FL hands down. Winter? I was fine in IL. If it's going to snow, might as well get to it.

Here, winter just sucks. Was 70 yesterday. Supposed to be about the same tomorrow. But the lows are in the 30s-40s. There's no summer clothes and winter clothes here. You need both and will likely wear both on an average day. Total PIA. If the winds off the Gulf it's humid and overcast and out of the north/NW dry and usually sunny. It's just blah. It bounces back and forth and everyone is always sick.

If I had to choose however, I would not choose cold. Four seasons would be nice. THEN I could build fires :dev:

darin
01-29-2018, 10:07 AM
A "couple" of rainy days? It rains EVERY day from Jul to Dec in FL.

There's no one, perfect place. There are things I like about almost everywhere I have lived. That does NOT include Ohio and Kansas. When I want beach and summer, I want to be in S FL hands down. Winter? I was fine in IL. If it's going to snow, might as well get to it.

Here, winter just sucks. Was 70 yesterday. Supposed to be about the same tomorrow. But the lows are in the 30s-40s. There's no summer clothes and winter clothes here. You need both and will likely wear both on an average day. Total PIA. If the winds off the Gulf it's humid and overcast and out of the north/NW dry and usually sunny. It's just blah. It bounces back and forth and everyone is always sick.

If I had to choose however, I would not choose cold. Four seasons would be nice. THEN I could build fires :dev:

Didnt rain like that on the panhandle - was 30 miles from Florida when I was in 'bama.

There are perfect places - mountains of NC/TN, Montana, Idaho, and central and eastern WA state :)

High_Plains_Drifter
01-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Didnt rain like that on the panhandle - was 30 miles from Florida when I was in 'bama.

There are perfect places - mountains of NC/TN, Montana, Idaho, and central and eastern WA state :)
Yeah in Tampa you could set your watch by when it rained, every-day. The peninsula heats up, it pushes up the gulf wind blowing in from the west full of humidity, it cools off when it gets high enough and bam, rain, and lightening like you've never seen, of every color, I've seen orange and green and blue and you name it color lightening in FL.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-29-2018, 12:20 PM

Seasons. Seasons matter. Warm summers, Crisp clear falls, snowy winters, rainy springs. Perfect. Find me a place like that. Where I can open a no-kill shelter for dogs.
It is FLAT.

But I think the worst part about FL is the sink holes.

Black Diamond
01-29-2018, 12:22 PM
It is FLAT.

But I think the worst part about FL is the sink holes.
Don't forget the fire ants.

Gunny
01-29-2018, 12:43 PM
Don't forget the fire ants.:slap: That ain't a Florida thing. We have condos for 'em here. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
01-29-2018, 12:54 PM

Repeating myself, but I just really see you in the mountains of North Carolina. darin

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11209&stc=1

Gunny
01-29-2018, 01:01 PM
Repeating myself, but I just really see you in the mountains of North Carolina.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11209&stc=1That looks like Chimney Rock St Park in the Appalachians. It's pretty nice. They filmed Last of the Mohicans there.

Bilgerat
01-29-2018, 01:27 PM

What do you mean, it never changes;

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/a5/fe/23/a5fe235094adc1fda31f45586dab3d74--florida-weather-fl-weather.jpg

Gunny
01-29-2018, 01:57 PM
What do you mean, it never changes;

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/a5/fe/23/a5fe235094adc1fda31f45586dab3d74--florida-weather-fl-weather.jpg
That's no BS. I could ride my bike out of the carport on a sunny day. suddenly get hit by a hurricane, then y the time I got back to the carport it was sunny again.

Or in Key West ... raining in the front yard, bright and sunny in the back.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-29-2018, 02:26 PM
That's no BS. I could ride my bike out of the carport on a sunny day. suddenly get hit by a hurricane, then y the time I got back to the carport it was sunny again.

Or in Key West ... raining in the front yard, bright and sunny in the back.
Yep...