PDA

View Full Version : Leftists make living worse, yet remain in power

darin
01-29-2018, 12:07 AM
http://mynorthwest.com/882025/washington-worst-to-drive-in/

WalletHub calculated a series of factors in four primary categories: ownership and maintenance; traffic and infrastructure; safety; and vehicle maintenance costs. In each of those categories, respectively, the state ranked: 45; 39; 36; and 17. That averages out to a score of 44.08. To put that in perspective, Texas is the best state to drive in with a score of 63.68.

The only state worse than Washington was Hawaii.

The news that Washington is not the best state to drive in may cause some residents to pause … but just for a second before they move about their day. They won’t move very fast of course. Take the commute from Everett to Seattle (23 miles), which “reliably” takes 1.5 hours.

That link speaks to some of the worst traffic in the nation. 7 of the 10 worst states to drive in are "lead" by liberal governments. Alaska made this list but I give it a pass because of the nature of what it would take to keep roads in extreme conditions in top shape. Part of the list involves fuel prices - again removing alaska because of the nature of 'everyting costs more', the worst offenders? Democrat "lead" states.

Leftists/democrats fail again and again and again to better their communities yet we - society - keep voting for their failed polices; their idiocy; their bad ideas.

Gunny
01-29-2018, 12:14 AM
http://mynorthwest.com/882025/washington-worst-to-drive-in/

That link speaks to some of the worst traffic in the nation. 7 of the 10 worst states to drive in are "lead" by liberal governments. Alaska made this list but I give it a pass because of the nature of what it would take to keep roads in extreme conditions in top shape. Part of the list involves fuel prices - again removing alaska because of the nature of 'everyting costs more', the worst offenders? Democrat "lead" states.

Leftists/democrats fail again and again and again to better their communities yet we - society - keep voting for their failed polices; their idiocy; their bad ideas.I think it's Interstate 5 because it sucks from San Ysidro, CA (Mexican border) to Canada. I don't know how you can make one road suck that bad from beginning to end.

None of them are a dream. I-95 and I-10 are always crowded, but you don't have to mortgage your children to drive on them.

darin
01-29-2018, 01:03 AM
I think it's Interstate 5 because it sucks from San Ysidro, CA (Mexican border) to Canada. I don't know how you can make one road suck that bad from beginning to end.

None of them are a dream. I-95 and I-10 are always crowded, but you don't have to mortgage your children to drive on them.

it's not the 5 that's the issue. It's partially the policy of: Tax to build roads. Build roads only certain tax payers are allowed to use (carpool). Then tax more. Then build other roads tax payers must pay at the point of use (toll). Then tax gas to get more tax to spend on roads people don't want nor need. Then 'do construction' on stuff nobody cares about. Then tax more.

Gunny
01-29-2018, 10:00 AM
it's not the 5 that's the issue. It's partially the policy of: Tax to build roads. Build roads only certain tax payers are allowed to use (carpool). Then tax more. Then build other roads tax payers must pay at the point of use (toll). Then tax gas to get more tax to spend on roads people don't want nor need. Then 'do construction' on stuff nobody cares about. Then tax more.We have a couple of toll roads here but they are pay-to-use. One runs from SA to Austin. Never been on it. Property owners are the ones who end up paying the most around here. You pay property taxes according to where you live, and it turns out, those taxes fund schools. More you pay, better the school in your district. I paid over my head so my daughter could go to one of the best schools here. Just the way it is.

But it costs NOTHING here compared to the West Coast. I think I nailed down some gas the other day at about $2.10 per gal. And don't even tell me what you pay for it in Germany :laugh:

California just blows me away. I'm not familiar with Washington and Oregon. I couldn't afford to live on what I get paid on the West Coast.

darin
01-29-2018, 10:07 AM
On post it's $3.13/gallon. Off post it's about $6.12/gallon at today's exchange rates.

Gunny
01-29-2018, 10:16 AM
On post it's $3.13/gallon. Off post it's about $6.12/gallon at today's exchange rates.That's not bad if you can get it on base. It's cheaper here because a lot of the fracking is being done here, and many of the US's refineries are on the Texas coast. Our shipping overhead is low. The Valero refinery is in Corpus Christi, and their Hqtrs is here in SA. Three hour drive.

It was always a buck or 2 more in CA than here. Plus, they "oxygenate" the gas in CA which decreases mileage. You would think for all their stupid rules and measures they wouldn't have some of the nastiest air in the US.

When we would go out for workups (preparing for deployment) we would do what is called a "combat box" off the CA coast. Think it's 10mi x 10mi squared. When we would near the coast, you could see what looked exactly like and orange turd over I-5 all the way as far as you could see. I was like Hell, I thought that was fog. Nope. Smog, both directions, far as the eye can see.