PDA

View Full Version : Rant: It is a freakin forum!

Yurt
08-15-2007, 07:03 PM
For those that insist on whinning about a mod or their decision in public ALL the time, get a life. This is not a democracy or a republic, it is a FORUM. With an OWNER.

The owner has made a simple rule:

Board Policy and Decisions - Any questions, concerns or complaints about board policy or decisions should be handled via the private message system. You may contact any staff member directly and voice your concerns. Airing "dirty laundry" is not good for the forum, or any forum for that fact. We don't have a forum called "complaints", which means it shouldn't be aired publicly. I'm very lenient when it comes to the rules and implementing them. I bend a lot based on member feedback and set the rules accordingly. My stance on this issue is very firm though, and it will be dealt with each and every time. We have the PM system and reporting system for these instances. Take the time to voice your complaints or concerns privately and we will be happy to discuss with you. Post it on the forums and receive a 24hr ban.

You all came to the forum and you accepted the rules. Quit bitching about mods and their alleged abuse to the rest of us and take it up VIA PM. We don't want to constantly hear about it.

Otherwise, enjoy your happy little ban. :)

Kathianne
08-15-2007, 07:20 PM
For those that insist on whinning about a mod or their decision in public ALL the time, get a life. This is not a democracy or a republic, it is a FORUM. With an OWNER.

The owner has made a simple rule:

You all came to the forum and you accepted the rules. Quit bitching about mods and their alleged abuse to the rest of us and take it up VIA PM. We don't want to constantly hear about it.

Otherwise, enjoy your happy little ban. :)

Ah, you mean read and follow rules? Duh. LOL!

82Marine89
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Shouldn't you have sent all of us PM's? :poke:

Yurt
08-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Shouldn't you have sent all of us PM's? :poke:

No, it says to PM mods, not all the users. I also put this up for all future members and for the good of mankind :coffee:

Besides, its the lounge eh...

82Marine89
08-15-2007, 08:31 PM
No, it says to PM mods, not all the users. I also put this up for all future members and for the good of mankind :coffee:

Besides, its the lounge eh...

So where's the beer and whiskey? :cheers2:

Yurt
08-15-2007, 08:43 PM
So where's the beer and whiskey? :cheers2:

Rounds to All

Speaking of whiskey, let me tell you a brief story of my first sip:

It was the summer. I was 14 years old. Amtrak was my mode of transportation from San Diego to Los Angeles to visit my dad. On the way to LA, the train stops in Oceanside, which is located next to Camp Pendleton. The car (next to the food car) I had picked was fairly empty when I started in San Diego, however, in oceanside we picked up about 25 marines. They choose my car and since I greedly tried to take up the four seater section, they promptly thought it funny to "join" me. I moved my stuff and turned my walkman up. They start telling some funny dirty jokes, which made it past the wee headphones of the 80's. In short, I could not stop laughing and this only served to fuel them with the "youngster." I asked them about being a marine and oh lordy, the stories.

Some time later, some rich drunk walks to the food bar, notices the marines, walks into the car and says, hey, you fuckin marines. Instant silence. Drinks on me! God bless marines (or something) The marines promptly line up for drinks. Well, since drinks were free, the group in my four seater came back and told me if I ever wanted to grow and be man and try to be a marine, I had to follow them. I did. They hid me in a circle in the food car and just kept order those little bottles. When they had enough, they turned to me and said, ok, you have to finish this one bottle. I said my dad will kill me. They said they would back me up, LOL. I scarfed it down, burned like hell.

Got off the train, think dad would never know. About five minutes in the car, he says are you drunk or something. Of course I deny. Then he starts laughing very hard and says how did you get that on the train. After my story, he could not stop laughing for five minutes.

:salute:Marines:salute:

hjmick
08-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Rules? There are rules? Eh, if I violate one I'm sure someone will let me know.

82Marine89
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
That's a great story. And yes, may God Bless Chesty Puller and the United States Marine Corps.

Dilloduck
08-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Rules? There are rules? Eh, if I violate one I'm sure someone will let me know.

You have the right to disobey any that you don't like. Just don't get caught because they can and probably will be enforced !:laugh2: