PDA

View Full Version : Shame, Gowdy isn't running for reelection

jimnyc
01-31-2018, 01:19 PM
the GOP will be losing a bulldog, one that stands for the truth and laws and takes no prisoners.

---

S.C. GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy won’t run for re-election

Jan. 31 (UPI) — Another member of Congress announced on Wednesday their decision not to seek re-election this fall.

South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy said he will leave the House and return to the justice system.

Gowdy made the announcement on Twitter, saying he was “grateful for the opportunity to serve.”

“I will not be filing for re-election to Congress nor seeking any other political or elected office,” Gowdy wrote. “Whatever skills I may have are better utilized in a courtroom than in Congress, and I enjoy our justice system more than our political system.”

“There is no perfect time to make this announcement, but with filing opening in six weeks, it is important to give the women and men in South Carolina who might be interested in serving ample time to reflect on the decision.”

Gowdy’s departure opens up another opportunity for Democrats to add to their ranks in Congress during this fall’s mid-term elections. A number of other GOP lawmakers have previously announced they are leaving the House or Senate this year.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/news/s-c-gop-rep-trey-gowdy-wont-run-for-re-election/

Gunny
01-31-2018, 01:44 PM
This is a bummer. I can see his point, but still ... it's people like Gowdy we NEED holding public office. People like him don't want to play the BS game, but they leave the country at the hands of morons like Pelosi, Waters, Wasserman-Schultz and the rest of that band of idiots in the Democratic Party.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 01:49 PM
attorney General.

Gunny
01-31-2018, 01:55 PM
attorney General.I'm not sure where he's drawing the line. He was the DA of Spartanburg County, SC, but that is a public office. At least here it is. And on Law & Order :laugh:

So is Attorney General.

I take that back. AG is an appointment. It's still playing politics at the level. My take is he wants to escape the Ring around the Congo".

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure where he's drawing the line. He was the DA of Spartanburg County, SC, but that is a public office. At least here it is. And on Law & Order :laugh:

So is Attorney General.
I have the audacity of hope.

Gunny
01-31-2018, 01:59 PM
I have the audacity of hope.I'm to cynical for THAT junk. Too many people are leaving and no one seems really concerned that the game will have to be played for those seats. Like in AL:rolleyes:

pete311
01-31-2018, 02:17 PM
Rumor is he'll get an appointed in the DoJ or a judge position.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 02:19 PM
Rumor is he'll get an appointed in the DoJ or a judge position.
That would make sense. It's not time for him to retire and start writing books and being a political analyst on talk shows.

aboutime
01-31-2018, 03:52 PM
He will be missed, but I also suspect, as others do. He would make the perfect A.G. for AMERICA.

He knows, and has interviewed nearly all of the Characters who took part in every Obama Scandal.

He has a wealth of intelligence, only shared by a handful of fellow members of Congress.

We should all hope, and pray....we will get to know him, and recognize him better....SOON.

STTAB
01-31-2018, 04:14 PM
This is a bummer. I can see his point, but still ... it's people like Gowdy we NEED holding public office. People like him don't want to play the BS game, but they leave the country at the hands of morons like Pelosi, Waters, Wasserman-Schultz and the rest of that band of idiots in the Democratic Party.

The thing is Gunny, people like Gowdy, they come in with an idea of what they want to accomplish it and they do it, and then move on to other endeavors, while losers like Pelosi, and Poodle hair, and Waters, they have no value to anyone else in society, so they just suck at that government tit until they die. Never helping anyone but themselves the entire time..

Kathianne
01-31-2018, 05:31 PM
There's lots of Republicans choosing retirement this year, for many reasons I'm sure. With Gowdy I'm certain that reentry into judicial work is his calling and he misses it. Without a doubt we can all see he's a master at getting to the facts.

On the other side of the coin, there's also little doubt that while he certainly backs the President on conservative ideas, he has differences on many issues at the same time. He has been quite consistent in his stand on Mueller probe and the way Comey firing came about. There's differences of style too regarding some of the reasons that Trump's speech was so well received by the general public, such as the doubling of infrastructure spending proposed from Obama, (that was approved back when). Not so sure that Gowdy isn't finding this a good time to 'retire' and put a bit of distance between himself and the new GOP.