PDA

View Full Version : FBI Condemns Release of Memo in Rare Statement

jimnyc
01-31-2018, 02:09 PM
I said a long time ago that something was up and I no longer trusted the FBI and DOJ, based on their own damn actions and statements, and of course things recovered/revealed. Now they want to condemn the release of this memo. Sure they do, because I'm confident that somewhere in there, multiple people were up to no good and illegal actions, helping Clinton and/or trying to harm Trump. This will include these FISA warrants of course, and perhaps more. And how high up does it go? Who were they working for and/or getting braking orders from?

They wanted to play this russian collusion crap for so long. Now the republicans are finding out information that not only may prove them wrong once and for all, but also change the crosshairs in a 180.

---

FBI Condemns Release of Memo in Rare Statement

Earlier this week, Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee voted to release a memo detailing abuses at the FBI, particularly the lengths they went to in their investigation into Russian collusion. It reportedly details several FISA violations.

Democrats balked after the vote, saying it's unwise to declassify a report that could threaten national security. They also accuse Republicans of trying to upend special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

The FBI released its own statement Wednesday, seeming to share the Democrats' concerns.

https://i.imgur.com/DEKu3oF.png

It is a rare public statement from the agency, and one that may contradict earlier reports. Guy wrote up earlier this week how FBI officials did not find any factual inaccuracies in the four-page memo.

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/01/31/fbi-releases-statement-condemning-release-of-memo-n2442462

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 02:15 PM
Did someone meet with a Clinton on the Tarmac again?

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 02:18 PM
Here's a compromise. (Not that I like compromises but just to throw it out there)

don't release the memo. And in exchange, mueller quits or gets fired

pete311
01-31-2018, 02:23 PM
If the memo is released the dems should be able to release their rebuttal memo.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 02:25 PM
Yeah have that drooling Kennedy write it up.

STTAB
01-31-2018, 03:44 PM

Agreed

But at the same time if the Nunes memo was bullshit, why was Andy fired within 24 hours of Christopher Wray reading it?

aboutime
01-31-2018, 03:47 PM

petey...you're a day late, and dollar short again. The Dems have been told they can, and should release their rebuttal memo...after it has been proven NOT to give away names, or tactics.
But...you are stuck with CHUCKY CHEESE SCHUMER, and NANCY DAIN BRAMAGE PELOSI.

pete311
01-31-2018, 05:02 PM
petey...you're a day late, and dollar short again. The Dems have been told they can, and should release their rebuttal memo...after it has been proven NOT to give away names, or tactics.
But...you are stuck with CHUCKY CHEESE SCHUMER, and NANCY DAIN BRAMAGE PELOSI.

Link? Last I heard it was voted against.

pete311
01-31-2018, 05:06 PM
Agreed

But at the same time if the Nunes memo was bullshit, why was Andy fired within 24 hours of Christopher Wray reading it?

Too many assumptions and speculation to even try to figure it out. Just have to wait and see.

jimnyc
01-31-2018, 05:14 PM
It appears that releasing it is a done deal and just a matter of time now. And I hope its as damning as many think it may be, and I hope it condemns the FBI actions or others abusing the FISA system - and then follow the rope from there, to see WHY they abused it to gather any information.

pete311
01-31-2018, 06:11 PM
It appears that releasing it is a done deal and just a matter of time now. And I hope its as damning as many think it may be, and I hope it condemns the FBI actions or others abusing the FISA system - and then follow the rope from there, to see WHY they abused it to gather any information.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is using it as leverage to force resignations. btw, if Trump doesn't want the FISA program why did he renew it?

Gunny
01-31-2018, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is using it as leverage to force resignations. btw, if Trump doesn't want the FISA program why did he renew it?I wouldn't be surprised either because that's exactly what I would do. I doubt I'd be as kind or merciful as Trump though.

Matter of fact, Pete, YOU just made me change my mind. For over a year I've said stop wasting my tax dollars on this Russian BS that's going about as far as bald tires in a mud bog. And what do you keep responding with?

The investigation needs to be done. Needs to be finished. No real reasons why, but it just does.

Well, Pete, #MeToo. I hope it gets released and I want an investigation right down to the last kindergarten dependent benefiting in ANY way, shape of form from anyone involved. Can take the rest of my lifetime and waste billions, but who cares, right? The taxpayers won't mind, I'm sure.:rolleyes:

aboutime
01-31-2018, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is using it as leverage to force resignations. btw, if Trump doesn't want the FISA program why did he renew it?

petey. Show us where the president said he doesn't want the FISA program, other than after saying Obama used it to spy on Americans.

Trump slams FISA reauthorization on Twitter, then reverses himself | www.cbsnews.com | FindArticles

CBS News January 11, 2018, 11:31 AM Early Thursday morning, President Trump seemed critical of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), a key surveillance tool that the House is voting to reauthorize Thursday. He tweeted, "'House votes on controversial FISA ACT today.' This is the act that may have been used, with the help of the discredited and phony Dossier, to so badly surveil and abuse the Trump Campaign by the previous administration and others?" The president was referring to his unproven accusation that then-President Obama tapped his phones at Trump Tower. Mr. Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, who had an apartment at Trump Tower, was wiretapped by the the government, though, because the U.S. was concerned that he was communicating with Russian operatives...

Continue reading at www.cbsnews.com…