PDA

View Full Version : Disrespectful

jimnyc
01-31-2018, 02:35 PM
Ok, now with some stories posted. IMO, the democrats as a whole were the most disrespectful bunch I have seen at a SOTU address in my lifetime. They should have boycotted like the others, as opposed to showing up and embarrassing themselves with childish reactions and what not. The opposing party of the president is never thrilled to be there, listening to an address from the other side. But it's not a place to debate things, it's not a place to act like you'd rather be anywhere else. Sure, I've seen individual idiots over the years, but as a group, the Dems last night came out like little children not getting their way, and being rude to mom and dad until they bring them home. These folks have all year long to be rude to one another and fight in chambers over ideas and bills and what not. But to wait until your on national TV, and addressing the American people? Little babies who didn't get their way, can't get their way with Russia, and now many of their own have targets on their backs.

Gunny
01-31-2018, 02:42 PM
Ok, now with some stories posted. IMO, the democrats as a whole were the most disrespectful bunch I have seen at a SOTU address in my lifetime. They should have boycotted like the others, as opposed to showing up and embarrassing themselves with childish reactions and what not. The opposing party of the president is never thrilled to be there, listening to an address from the other side. But it's not a place to debate things, it's not a place to act like you'd rather be anywhere else. Sure, I've seen individual idiots over the years, but as a group, the Dems last night came out like little children not getting their way, and being rude to mom and dad until they bring them home. These folks have all year long to be rude to one another and fight in chambers over ideas and bills and what not. But to wait until your on national TV, and addressing the American people? Little babies who didn't get their way, can't get their way with Russia, and now many of their own have targets on their backs.No, what they should have done is shown up like professional adults tasked with governing our Nation OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE OFFICE.

Don't even try it, Pete.

You salute the rank, not the uniform. You salute the President, not the man who holds the office. You show up for a SOTU Address and sit in your assigned freakin' chair because it is expected of you as one holding office in that high a position. You don't have to talk. Don't have to clap. You don't have to agree.

But when you act like spoiled brats who didn't get desert, what example are you setting for the youth in our nation? Oh yeah .... never mind THAT question:rolleyes:

They need to grow the f*ck up and act like adults. Geez, I can just see someone pulling that sh*t at the CO's meeting. Actually, I can't. No one ever did.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-31-2018, 02:52 PM
The democrat party is now, TRULY, the party for ILLEGAL ALIENS, PERVERTS, FASCISTS and anyone CORRUPT, and those are the people that they attract. But now they're adding ANTI AMERICANISM to their platform. If you're a VETERAN, or a PATRIOT, or LOVE and RESPECT OUR FLAG, or you're a CHRISTIAN, or WHITE, etc, and you LOVE AMERICA, then that's BAD, that's NATIONALISM and that's BAD. How DARE LOVE and be PROUD of your NATION and want to put it and it's PEOPLE FIRST.... you HORRIBLE PERSON... you... you... RACIST.

That's your democrat party... the fucking REJECTS and TRASH of America.

There's your proof positive example right here...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?61807-Joy-Reid-another-idiot-heard-from

Gunny
01-31-2018, 03:02 PM
Point with me is, when Trump has done something juvenile I'been quick to point it out. I'm damned-sure not letting this disrespect crap go. It offends the living f* out of me as a Marine. I've sat through the most boring-a$$ crap in the world -- one just happened to be a Diane Feinstein meeting at the Pentagon -- and wanted to just tell people they were stupid. Where's the manners here? Is this how these dirtbags act at home? No manners?

Whether you like what you are being told or not, agree with it or not, you act like a damned professional ESPECIALLY at the level of Congress. They're supposed to be the leaders of this Nation. And EVERY OTHER SWINGING D*CK IN THE WORLD IS WATCHING THE SOTU.

I think anyone who didn't show with out cause should be censured, as well as anyone showing open hostility and/or disrespect.

pete311
01-31-2018, 03:03 PM
Worse than yelling liar during Obama's speech?

Gunny
01-31-2018, 03:05 PM
Worse than yelling liar during Obama's speech?Context, Pete. What speech to who, and who allegedly yelled "liar"? There's a time and a place.

And, Obama IS a liar. He proved it time and again with his own words and/or actions. So again ... context?

pete311
01-31-2018, 03:08 PM
Context, Pete. What speech to who, and who allegedly yelled "liar"? There's a time and a place.

And, Obama IS a liar. He proved it time and again with his own words and/or actions. So again ... context?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnF4rQQktfs

Not the time and place. Trump also has hundreds of lies.

Gunny
01-31-2018, 03:20 PM

One, it is inappropriate to interrupt a speaker on a podium, period. It is disrespectful. I don't condone such behavior. But I can play the lefty game here ... Is Obama the President? and was he the one disrespected at the SOTU last night which means it is still a current event?

Two, I don't recall Trump flat-out lying yet, as Obama did. And I am not talking about what you lefties call a lie for anyone on the right just because they spoke. I'm talking proven lies, with evidence. So I'm not counting Obama's stupid crap.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 03:22 PM
i think that's the same speech Obama called republicans liars from the pulpit.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 03:24 PM

How is yelling liar worse than booing?

Gunny
01-31-2018, 03:27 PM
i think that's the same speech Obama called republicans liars from the pulpit.That might change things. The senior sets the tone of the conversation. In that case, Obama held the senior position and as important, the podium. If he was calling names out of the podium, then I guess the "he started it" rule applies.

Seriously, I don't see an excuse for behaving like that. Obviously by the list of no-shows, no one was compelled to go. Stay home instead fo showing up for the purpose of looking like a fool even if by some convoluted math you think you're "cool" or something.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 03:28 PM
That might change things. The senior sets the tone of the conversation. In that case, Obama held the senior position and as important, the podium. If he was calling names out of the podium, then I guess the "he started it" rule applies.

Seriously, I don't see an excuse for behaving like that. Obviously by the list of no-shows, no one was compelled to go. Stay home instead fo showing up for the purpose of looking like a fool even if by some convoluted math you think you're "cool" or something.
Did John Lewis boycott again on the grounds trump is illegitimate?

aboutime
01-31-2018, 03:41 PM

petey. Though many of us disagreed with yelling at the president. The only reason anybody got mad was because TELLING THE TRUTH was an unwelcome change from the man talking before the CONGRESS that night.
Of course. DISRESPECT is something you seem to have mastered. which is why you had no reason to defend the Democrats last night, and chose to sound like a little kid saying:
"If somebody can yell Liar, why can't Democrats disrespect a man who wasn't there that night?"

Elessar
01-31-2018, 05:33 PM
I've seen quite a change in the Democratic Party the past 20 years.

Nowadays, Quite a few Democrats act like spoiled spoon-pounding brats that want to
rule the nation from the lofty heights of thier high chairs.

Now who does our beloved MSM focus on? The ones with the shrillest
voices and biggest mouths.

jimnyc
01-31-2018, 05:45 PM

Like I clearly pointed out, there have been individual assholes at times over the years, but I was speaking about an overall party and their actions at a SOTU.

And yes, the collective effort was worse than one asshole who should have been tossed.

Kathianne
01-31-2018, 05:46 PM
Ok, now with some stories posted. IMO, the democrats as a whole were the most disrespectful bunch I have seen at a SOTU address in my lifetime. They should have boycotted like the others, as opposed to showing up and embarrassing themselves with childish reactions and what not. The opposing party of the president is never thrilled to be there, listening to an address from the other side. But it's not a place to debate things, it's not a place to act like you'd rather be anywhere else. Sure, I've seen individual idiots over the years, but as a group, the Dems last night came out like little children not getting their way, and being rude to mom and dad until they bring them home. These folks have all year long to be rude to one another and fight in chambers over ideas and bills and what not. But to wait until your on national TV, and addressing the American people? Little babies who didn't get their way, can't get their way with Russia, and now many of their own have targets on their backs.

It wasn't easy for me, but I watched the whole thing. It was a great speech, masterfully delivered. He used the guests in the appropriate way, something other presidents have failed to do. Repeatedly he spoke in glowing terms about 'the people' and what they do for one another. He hit his accomplishments, without going into hyperbolic overload as is his want. I was amazed, though shouldn't have been, over and over again his prepared speeches are very well delivered, highlighted by those overseas. Best of all, from a 'war' point of view, he offered instance after instance of reaching across to the Democrats to give them programs they want, yet they stayed stone-faced and seated. They looked petulant and immature. I mean how does the National Black Caucus NOT stand at the rising incomes, employment of blacks? :laugh:

For those of us that are against big government, well he stayed true to his roots. He asked for and may well receive double the spending for infrastructure that Obama asked for and already received. That would be moving towards 3 trillion in 8 years. Not something I see being the job of the fed in most instances. Last I heard, the airlines are doing beyond fine, if they want '1st rate' airports, let them pony up, along with those frequent fliers. We don't need and it really isn't in the national interests to provide high speed rail service.

There's many things he's doing that I like, especially in the judicial arena. That he is in many ways a liberal, yeah, that also came through. Paid family leave anyone?

Abbey Marie
01-31-2018, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I was incredulous when the black caucus sat on their hands for the highest black unemployment statement. Such hypocrites.

That whole parental leave thing is Ivanka's baby, no pun intended.
Daddy will not let his little girl down on this.

I think the big takeaway from the speech is that Trump looks far from the unstable loose cannon the left makes him out to be.

Gunny
01-31-2018, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I was incredulous when the black caucus sat on their hands for the highest black unemployment statement. Such hypocrites.

I think the big takeaway from the speech is that Trump looks far from the unstable loose cannon the left makes him out to be.I agree. Not just "the left makes him out to be" though. His behavior has changed noticeably. Not sure if it's the two wins under his belt, or maybe he actually listens to someone now.

Time will tell.

pete311
01-31-2018, 06:15 PM

I think the big takeaway from the speech is that Trump looks far from the unstable loose cannon the left makes him out to be.

Black unemployment has been steadily falling since mid 2011.

Kathianne
01-31-2018, 06:22 PM

That's true in all his prepared speeches. Not so true in his tweets and off the cuff remarks.

The one thing that did concern me is that there were leads to war, especially regarding NK and even Central America.

Gunny
01-31-2018, 06:24 PM
Black unemployment has been steadily falling since mid 2011.Better re-check your numbers because according to CNN and MSNBC it was on the rise because of Trump last I heard.

Now you want to try and squeeze credit for it off onto Obama? Typical lefty maneuver. Obama killed our economy.

pete311
01-31-2018, 06:25 PM
[/B]
That's true in all his prepared speeches. Not so true in his tweets and off the cuff remarks.

The one thing that did concern me is that there were leads to war, especially regarding NK and even Central America.

Indeed, not surprising since he doesn't write his speeches. Give the credit to the writers. Of course he has to approve them.

Kathianne
01-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Indeed, not surprising since he doesn't write his speeches. Give the credit to the writers. Of course he has to approve them.

Actually, got to credit him for the delivery, all presidents have speech writers. If he always spoke and acted as he did last night, I'd not have such a difficult time listening to him.

Black Diamond
01-31-2018, 07:54 PM
As opposed to every other president.

aboutime
01-31-2018, 08:13 PM
How many here believe; If Donald Trump announced that HE had discovered a Cure for Cancer last night during his speech. And all of the TRUMP HATERS did a fact check only to find out..IT WAS TRUE....petey, and all the Democrats would still call him a Liar, and Hate him for taking away their hidden sources of MONEY from the Pharma companies they support (under the table)???

Gunny
01-31-2018, 08:18 PM
How many here believe; If Donald Trump announced that HE had discovered a Cure for Cancer last night during his speech. And all of the TRUMP HATERS did a fact check only to find out..IT WAS TRUE....petey, and all the Democrats would still call him a Liar, and Hate him for taking away their hidden sources of MONEY from the Pharma companies they support (under the table)???I'm pretty sure the Congressional Black Caucus wouldn't stand up if he revealed himself to be the Almighty.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite rants ... WHY do we have a Congressional Black Caucus? Never mind. I'll start another thread.

aboutime
01-31-2018, 08:30 PM
I'm pretty sure the Congressional Black Caucus wouldn't stand up if he revealed himself to be the Almighty.

Which reminds me of one of my favorite rants ... WHY do we have a Congressional Black Caucus? Never mind. I'll start another thread.

Gunny. EASY ANSWER?
To prevent the formation of a Congressional White Caucus!

Just like there's no NAAWP...national association of White people!

That would be RACIST! Just ask Jesse Jackson, Al (notso) Sharpton, Congress-critter Al Green, and Congress-critter of GUAM Rolling over Fame...Johnson.
Oh, and don't forget all of the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD members like OBAMA!

Hypocrisy, Lies, Reparations, and Perpetual Abuse of Black Children, keeping them from Knowledge is their goal.

http://abcnews.go.com/images/US/AP_John_Lewis1_ml_160708.jpg