PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers Looking To Stop Opioids From Entering Country Through U.S. Postal Service

Gunny
01-31-2018, 08:26 PM
I am not for this. The "War on Drugs" by any other name is STILL a waste of time. IMO, if we want to make an impact on drugs? Go after the ALREADY KNOWN dealers and nail THEm instead of making deals with the dealers to catch bigger dealers. It's the poor at the lowest level are dying and killing for the stuff. I'm not sure what the right answer is, but I know throwing more words at the problem is NOT it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=UCoL9m79aXM

darin
02-01-2018, 01:26 AM
Opiods save me sometimes. I wish they would stop their pet-project :(

pete311
02-01-2018, 01:29 AM
War on drugs is lost. Philippines is killing drug dealers. Think it's making much of a dent? Nah.

Gunny
02-01-2018, 07:09 AM
War on drugs is lost. Philippines is killing drug dealers. Think it's making much of a dent? Nah.The problem with ANY vice is the USER. We call them "victims". Possession and use is wrist-slapped. Selling will get you a deal with the DA to set up your supplier. And the supplier will get a deal to set up his supplier. After a few years they'll maybe bust someone to justify their existence. In the meantime, it's business as usual for the users and dealers that got the deals.

This whole "victim" crap gets me. True, one is a victim. Of their own doing. When I drank, I drank like I do everything else ... 110%. OCD people tend to do things like that. But all the talk, "help" and BS in the world didn't stop me for a second. When I said enough, that was it. Nobody else did it for me. I said f* this and quit cold turkey, went through the BS withdrawals and haven't missed it a bit. I quit the same way I drank. 110% :)

I'm not saying that's the only way, but it is "a" way. If someone needs help, they need to get it. The best way to figure out if you need it or not is to ask and see what's there. Have to admit there's a problem and WANT help first, Point is, you're not going to sell that to an addict. There is NO legislation that is going to stop an addict. All it does is drive up prices, make them poorer and more desperate to get their fix, but get it they will. They will destroy themselves and everyone around them for it.

Another point of view: if you're from a nowhere place and have nothing, why NOT deal dope? Low-level dealers don't face any REAL time. The reward is worth the risk to them when it is a means to provide for their families they can't seem to quit creating.

In the meantime, people like me can't get the damned sh*t to save our a$$es WITHOUT getting it illegally because the stupid laws apply only to people willing to abide by them. So the people that actually need them are the ones that don't get them.

Hell of a way to run a business. I subscribe to the notion that it's just another fabricated enemy to keep people distracted. Best way to keep their eyes off you and has worked from inception.

STTAB
02-01-2018, 12:44 PM
I'm of the opinion that if people want to kill themselves via Chinese produced opiods. Why do we want to prevent this?

Gunny
02-01-2018, 01:39 PM
I'm of the opinion that if people want to kill themselves via Chinese produced opiods. Why do we want to prevent this?Problem is, they don't just die. They become someone else's burden. If they have no family, then the taxpayer's. If it was that simple I wouldn't care. More than one way to cull the herd.