PDA

View Full Version : Terrorists have and use American MPADS in Syria.

Balu
02-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Russia’s Su-25 fighter jet shot down by militants in Syria - defense ministryMilitary & Defense (http://tass.com/defense)
February 03, 20:10 updated at: February 03, 20:45 UTC+3
Ejected pilot was killed later by terroristsShare

1 pages in this article

https://phototass1.cdnvideo.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20180203/1186668.jpg
© Yuri Smitnyuk/TASS

MOSCOW, February 3. /TASS/. A Su-25 fighter jet of the Russian Aerospace Force was shot down by militants in Syria on Saturday, the pilot ejected but was killed later by terrorists, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
"On 3 February 2018, a Russian fighter jet Su-25 crashed when flying over the Idlib de-escalation zone. The pilot was able to report ejection from an area controlled by Jabhat al-Nusra militants (the terrorist group banned in Russia - TASS)," the defense ministry said. "The pilot was killed while fighting against terrorists."
"According to preliminary information, the jet was brought down with a portable anti-aircraft missile system," it added.
"The Russian center for reconciliation of warring sides in Syria alongside the Turkish side, responsible for the Idlib de-escalation zone, are taking steps to retrieve the Russian pilot’s body," the ministry said.
Earlier reports said that Syrian governmental forces were fighting against Jabhat al-Nusra units in the Idlib province.
In accordance with an agreement by Russia, Iran and Turkey - the guarantors of the Syrian ceasefire - de-escalation zones were set up in Syria in May 2017. De-escalation zones include the Idlib Province, some parts of its neighboring areas in the Latakia, Hama and Aleppo Provinces north of the city of Homs, Eastern Ghouta, as well as the Daraa and al-Quneitra Provinces in southern Syria.

More:
http://tass.com/defense/988385

Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot downMilitary & Defense (http://tass.com/defense)
February 03, 21:17 UTC+3
30 militants of the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group have been killedShare

1 pages in this article

https://cdn2.tass.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20180203/1186670.jpg
© Vadim Savitsky/TASS

MOSCOW, February 3. /TASS/. Massive high-precision weapons strikes have been delivered at targets in the area, from which a missile from the man-portable air-defense system (MANPADS) was launched to bring down the Russian Su-25 fighter jet, 30 militants of the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group (banned in Russia) have been killed, Russia’s Defense Ministry said on Saturday.
"A series of high-precision weapons strikes has been delivered on the area controlled by the Jabhat al-Nusra terrorist group, from which a MANPADS missile was launched at the Russian Su-25 jet," the ministry said adding that "according to radio intercepts, more than 30 Jabhat al-Nusra militants were killed."
Earlier in the day, the Russian Defense Ministry said a Su-25 fighter jet was brought down from a portable anti-aircraft missile system over the Idlib de-escalation zone. The pilot managed to eject but was killed later while fighting against terrorists.
The Russian center for reconciliation of warring sides in Syria has teamed up with Turkish counterparts, responsible for the Idlib de-escalation zone, trying to retrieve the Russian pilot’s body, according to the ministry.
Earlier reports said that Syrian governmental forces were fighting against Jabhat al-Nusra units in the Idlib province.
In accordance with an agreement by Russia, Iran and Turkey - the guarantors of the Syrian ceasefire - de-escalation zones were set up in Syria in May 2017. De-escalation zones include the Idlib Province, some parts of its neighboring areas in the Latakia, Hama and Aleppo Provinces north of the city of Homs, Eastern Ghouta, as well as the Daraa and al-Quneitra Provinces in southern Syria.

More:
http://tass.com/defense/988390

jimnyc
02-03-2018, 06:39 PM
Oh well, who gives a shit.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 06:44 PM
WOnder how many people have been killed by AK-47s Russians have armed the entire 3rd World with?

Black Diamond
02-03-2018, 06:47 PM
WOnder how many people have been killed by AK-47s Russians have armed the entire 3rd World with?
Thousands of Americans in Southeast Asia???

Gunny
02-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Thousands of Americans in Southeast Asia???Don't forget the Chinese produce the same weapon under license.

Since 1947, it's been in every war in the world.

Black Diamond
02-03-2018, 06:53 PM
Don't forget the Chinese produce the same weapon under license.

Since 1947, it's been in every war in the world.
And nowhere near as accurate as the M16 per ermeys program.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 07:06 PM
And nowhere near as accurate as the M16 per ermeys program.It is what it is. As a mass-produced weapon of simplicity and reliability, it's hard to argue with. It's not designed to be pinpoint accurate. It's designed for your average idiot to use. It was designed at the tail-end of WWII to be mass produced and handed out to their cannon-fodder troops.

I don't know what the latest version of the M-16 is like. I haven't had one since they had the M-16A2. It was still a full size service weapon. I could hit 10 out of 10 bulls at 500 M with it. That works for me.

Balu
02-03-2018, 07:16 PM
The pilot shot down in Syria of Russian aircraft was a former Ukrainian pilot from the Crimea

http://www.debatepolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/9900d13700198a76290bee4f456851ff.jpg

KIEV. 3 Feb. UNN. The pilot shot down in Syria, the Russian su-25 was a former Ukrainian pilot aircraft APU from Simferopol. Inform on it UNN with reference to the Russian newspaper “Novaya Gazeta”. According to the newspaper, which cites its own sources in the defense Ministry, the pilot was a major Roman Filippov. A group of independent researchers Conflict Intelligence Team published in the Telegram photo of the downed aircraft and pilot documents. Among his belongings and found the weapons. “Judging from the shot the clips we can assume that the pilot was shot and was killed already on the ground,” — said the CIT. In fact, the defense Ministry said that the pilot ejected and “was killed in battle with rebels” As previously reported UNN, in the Syrian province of Idlib was shot down by a Russian fighter (http://www.unn.com.ua/uk/news/1713267-u-siriyi-zbili-rosiyskiy-vinischuvach-su-25-pilota-vzyali-v-polon) “Su-25”. The pilot was killed. The Russian defense Ministry said that according to preliminary information, the plane was shot down by a portable air defense missile system (MANPADS). Half an hour later the Agency stated that Russia has struck back at the area where he was shot down by a Russian su-25. In result, killed more than 30 terrorists.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 07:43 PM
The pilot shot down in Syria of Russian aircraft was a former Ukrainian pilot from the Crimea

http://www.debatepolicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/9900d13700198a76290bee4f456851ff.jpg

KIEV. 3 Feb. UNN. The pilot shot down in Syria, the Russian su-25 was a former Ukrainian pilot aircraft APU from Simferopol. Inform on it UNN with reference to the Russian newspaper “Novaya Gazeta”. According to the newspaper, which cites its own sources in the defense Ministry, the pilot was a major Roman Filippov. A group of independent researchers Conflict Intelligence Team published in the Telegram photo of the downed aircraft and pilot documents. Among his belongings and found the weapons. “Judging from the shot the clips we can assume that the pilot was shot and was killed already on the ground,” — said the CIT. In fact, the defense Ministry said that the pilot ejected and “was killed in battle with rebels” As previously reported UNN, in the Syrian province of Idlib was shot down by a Russian fighter (http://www.unn.com.ua/uk/news/1713267-u-siriyi-zbili-rosiyskiy-vinischuvach-su-25-pilota-vzyali-v-polon) “Su-25”. The pilot was killed. The Russian defense Ministry said that according to preliminary information, the plane was shot down by a portable air defense missile system (MANPADS). Half an hour later the Agency stated that Russia has struck back at the area where he was shot down by a Russian su-25. In result, killed more than 30 terrorists.

Code for "nearest people".

CSM
02-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Interesting that they were able to identify it as an American MANPAD. Never mind that the US has been vehemently opposed to providing those in any way shape or form. Also disregard that the Russians have been selling MANPADS in the ME for decades. Methinks there is a bit of "Balu BS" going on.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Interesting that they were able to identify it as an American MANPAD. Never mind that the US has been vehemently opposed to providing those in any way shape or form. Also disregard that the Russians have been selling MANPADS in the ME for decades. Methinks there is a bit of "Balu BS" going on.What? Our very own envoy from the Russian Ministry of Propaganda lie to us? :laugh:

I'm just curious ... did the exploded round in the crashed jet have "Made in USA" stamped on it? Or did forensics trace some fingerprints back to an American?

Balu
02-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Interesting that they were able to identify it as an American MANPAD. Never mind that the US has been vehemently opposed to providing those in any way shape or form. Also disregard that the Russians have been selling MANPADS in the ME for decades. Methinks there is a bit of "Balu BS" going on.
Do not underestimate the intelligence data which we possess. It also includes the info about the suppliers of weapons and ammunition which terrorists obtain.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Do not underestimate the intelligence data which we possess. It also includes the info about the suppliers of weapons and ammunition which terrorists obtain.Who gives a shit what you think you know?

NightTrain
02-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Do not underestimate the intelligence data which we possess. It also includes the info about the suppliers of weapons and ammunition which terrorists obtain.

I'm not seeing where the SAM was identified as American made?

Black Diamond
02-03-2018, 09:21 PM
His KGB contact told him.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 09:36 PM
I'm not seeing where the SAM was identified as American made?He shook his Disneyland EAST crystal ball and Mikael Mouse told him so

Balu
02-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Sorry that I have no time to translate the article, but you may do it yourself using Google translator. This is not about this very case but everything is clear.
The US transferred to the Kurdish armed operations in Syria a series of portable anti-aircraft missile systems under the "secret deal". This was reported by the Arab media. It is assumed that the supply of arms is one of the first steps of Washington on the way to creating "border security forces" in the north of the RAA. Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatened to destroy these forms, which, he said, threatened the security of Ankara. How the situation develops on the Syrian-Turkish border - in the RT material.

https://russian.rt.com/world/article/470719-ssha-pzrk-kurdi-siriya

Gunny
02-03-2018, 10:00 PM
Sorry that I have no time to translate the article, but you may do it yourself using Google translator. This is not about this very case but everything is clear.
The US transferred to the Kurdish armed operations in Syria a series of portable anti-aircraft missile systems under the "secret deal". This was reported by the Arab media. It is assumed that the supply of arms is one of the first steps of Washington on the way to creating "border security forces" in the north of the RAA. Earlier, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan threatened to destroy these forms, which, he said, threatened the security of Ankara. How the situation develops on the Syrian-Turkish border - in the RT material.

https://russian.rt.com/world/article/470719-ssha-pzrk-kurdi-siriyaYou got that, NT? It's not about this case but everything is very clear :rolleyes:

Is he a speechwriter for the Democrat rebuttal to the memo?

NightTrain
02-03-2018, 10:36 PM

https://russian.rt.com/world/article/470719-ssha-pzrk-kurdi-siriya

It's possible that 0bama armed terrorists. In fact, given that he did everything else wrong, I'd even go so far as to say it's likely he did. 0bama was a rolling clusterfuck of misadventures for 8 straight years.

Trump's not a military man, but he's surrounded by the best and I can't see any of the military talent in Trump's administration saying we should give any sort of technology to any of those groups over there. Too often we end up facing our own weaponry a few years down the line and that's no good.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 10:46 PM
It's possible that 0bama armed terrorists. In fact, given that he did everything else wrong, I'd even go so far as to say it's likely he did. 0bama was a rolling clusterfuck of misadventures for 8 straight years.

Trump's not a military man, but he's surrounded by the best and I can't see any of the military talent in Trump's administration saying we should give any sort of technology to any of those groups over there. Too often we end up facing our own weaponry a few years down the line and that's no good.We give them low-grade weapons. Especially whatever rebel faction of the day happens to be fighting the same people we are. In this case, ISIS.

The fact is, too bad, huh? Turks hate Kurds and any excuse to kill them is a good one. If Russia has chosen to provide close air support while a modern army wipes out what amounts to sheep farmers, and they get shot down? Let Turkey do it's own dirty work. I wouldn't soil my hands with their
genocidal crap.

And we have this "let's blame the gun" argument here every day. It's the hand that wields it that is responsible. You want to blow up my sheep? If I can get a hand-held guided missile your ass is getting shot.

Balu
02-03-2018, 11:04 PM

Trump's not a military man, but he's surrounded by the best and I can't see any of the military talent in Trump's administration saying we should give any sort of technology to any of those groups over there. Too often we end up facing our own weaponry a few years down the line and that's no good.

I could have agreed, but not in this case. At least according to info I have from my personal sources.
Furthermore. Trump is not ruling and controlling military and many other aspects in politics. And it is a pity. As we in Russia can see there is a big mess and a big pack between the branches of power in the USA. And this may cause unpredictable consequences.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 11:11 PM
Lest anyone forget, the commie put me on ignore like the antifa member he is before I was on staff, so little baby silences his critics. Meaning he isn't reading how stupid he sounds.

The Turkish military has suffered the deadliest day in its offensive against Kurdish militias inside northern Syria, with seven soldiers killed.
Five of the troops died when their tank was attacked in the Afrin region.
PM Binali Yildirim vowed to make the militias "pay for this twice as much" and jets later struck Kurdish targets north-east of the city of Afrin.
Turkey's "Olive Branch" operation was launched on 20 January to drive the Kurdish YPG militia out of Afrin.
Turkey views the YPG (People's Protection Units) as a terrorist group and an extension of the banned Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which has fought for Kurdish autonomy in south-eastern Turkey for three decades.
What does Turkey say happened?The military said in a statement that the US-backed YPG attacked the tank in Sheikh Haruz, north-east of Afrin city.
Two other soldiers were killed earlier, the military said, one in Afrin and another on the Turkish side of the border in an attack blamed on the YPG.
Turkey has now lost 14 soldiers in fierce clashes during the offensive.

Outcry over dead Kurdish female fighter (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42929247)
'We will never abandon our homes' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42835138)

What is the operation about?Mr Yildirim reiterated on Saturday that the aim of operation "Olive Branch" was to eradicate what he called "a terror belt" along Turkey's borders.
"It is an operation aimed at liberating Arabs, and our Kurdish and Turkmen brothers who have been groaning under oppression," he told members of the governing Justice and Development Party (AKP).
Turkish troops are being accompanied by pro-Turkey rebels from the Free Syrian Army (FSA).
https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/1657B/production/_99751519_syria_control_22_01_201_640_v4-nc-2.pngPresident Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday that the Turkish-led forces were taking high ground and would now head towards the city of Afrin itself, saying: "There is not much [further] to go."
Turkey says it has killed some 900 Kurdish fighters, but this cannot be independently verified.
What do Kurdish reports say?Thousands of people have been displaced by the Turkish-led offensive that also involves about 10,000 Syrian rebels.
A Syrian Kurdish health official said on Saturday that 150 civilians had been killed and 300 wounded since the start of the Turkish operation, but this also cannot be independently verified.
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/6F3D/production/_99877482_044503082.jpgImage copyrightAFPImage captionFunerals for Kurdish fighters killed in the Turkish operation have taken place in Afrin"The Turkish air raids and artillery shelling have been mostly targeting civilians, including women and children," Angela Rasho told Kurdish TV.
She urged international monitors to "come here and see the situation for themselves".

cont ...http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42934041

For anyone interested you can read for yourselves.

Gunny
02-03-2018, 11:18 PM
Also Mr Innocent ... Erdogan assures France they have no territorial aims? I'm sure they don't. WHO is flying air support for the Turks (who have their own Air Force)? Russia. Russia already has part of Syria as a puppe ...errr..ally. Might as well get some more of their land back.

When the fish stinks from the head commie, it's still just a dead fish. Spin your bullshit somewhere else. Some of us pay attention.

Oh, and I hope the missile was made in Texas. Sending fighter aircraft after farmers. Seems all you Russians do is fight civilians. Some real tough guys.

CSM
02-04-2018, 06:17 AM
Actually, the MANPADS was more likely an IGLA. We know them as SA-14, -16 and -18. They were in use within Syria and rebels have been shown wielding them in several photos. Most probably "liberated" from Syrian Army depots. Yeah, they are Russian.

darin
02-04-2018, 09:17 AM
i was a MANPADS crew member my first enlistment - 16S

High_Plains_Drifter
02-04-2018, 09:49 AM
So, an American SAM can easily knock down one of Russia's most sophisticated fighter jets, now decades old, but this Russian Baghdad Bob Balu we have here also wants to trash talk our anti missile, missile tests?

I don't see this Balu's purpose here as much other than to shit talk America and our military. The fucker is a Russian propaganda twit.

NightTrain
02-04-2018, 11:19 AM
I could have agreed, but not in this case. At least according to info I have from my personal sources.

Fair enough. I know you have your sources that are high up in Russian circles, and we'll leave it at that.

However, I'd like to point out that if there were evidence that the hardware used was American, it would be to Putin's benefit on the world stage to produce that evidence.

Furthermore. Trump is not ruling and controlling military and many other aspects in politics. And it is a pity. As we in Russia can see there is a big mess and a big pack between the branches of power in the USA. And this may cause unpredictable consequences.

I can't even begin to imagine what a foreign observer would think by watching news outlets such as CNN, MSNBC, PBS and reading a host of American newspapers like the New York Times, Washington Post, etc.

Even to your average American it looks like utter chaos, which is what these organizations are striving to represent to their viewers. This is the result of political bias skewing the reporting and shaping the stories, and there is much disinformation produced daily promoting non-stories dressed up as legitimate news. To many Americans, these dishonest organizations have forever tarnished their reputations and when a story is quoted from one of these sources, it's immediately viewed with suspicion. It's gotten very bad.

I expect that to a foreign observer watching CNN, it would appear that civil war is brewing or at the very least, impeachment of Trump any day now. This isn't actually the case, and Trump actually has a pretty good handle on things - but you wouldn't know it by watching some (or even most) of the media.

Polite Russian
02-04-2018, 03:18 PM
I hope, that our military will show this damn islamic bastards the Hell of Earth.

aboutime
02-04-2018, 04:11 PM
Raytheon: Phalanx Close-In Weapon System (CIWS)
https://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/phalanx/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf8RExzMdfg

Balu
02-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Fighter pilot killed in Syria jet downing posthumously nominated for Hero of Russia title

Military & Defense (http://tass.com/defense)
February 05, 14:30 UTC+3
The pilot blew himself up with a grenade after being surrounded by terrorists

https://phototass4.cdnvideo.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20180205/1186761.jpg
© Vadim Grishankin/Russian Defense Ministry Press and Information Office/TASS

MOSCOW, February 5. /TASS/. Russia’s air pilot Roman Filipov, whose Sukhoi-25 plane was shot down in Syria last weekend, has been posthumously nominated for the title of Hero of Russia, the Defense Ministry said.
"Russia’s Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu has posthumously nominated Major Roman Filipov, deputy squadron commander of the Eastern Military District’s attack aviation regiment, who was killed on February 3, 2018 while fighting terrorists in Syria for the title of Hero of Russia," the report says.
Read also

Russia’s Su-25 fighter jet shot down by militants in Syria - defense ministry (http://tass.com/defense/988385)

Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down (http://tass.com/defense/988390)

Press review: Russia, US to concur on New START and terrorists down Russian jet over Syria (http://tass.com/pressreview/988449)

Putin thanks Russian Armed Forces for courageously fighting terrorists in Syria (http://tass.com/defense/982539)

The Defense Ministry said that while flying over the de-escalation zone Idlib on a ceasefire monitoring mission Filipov’s Sukhoi-25 plane was shot down by terrorists with a man-portable anti-aircraft missile.
"The pilot did his best to keep the plane in the air as long as he could. He managed to report to his commanders he had been attacked by a missile. Filipov ejected himself and landed near the terrorists-held village of Tell-Debes. Until the last moments of his life he fought with the terrorists with his hand weapon. The pilot blew himself up with a grenade after being heavily injured and surrounded by terrorists when the attackers were several dozen meters away," the Defense Ministry said.
The Defense Ministry promised Filipov’s parents and family all support they need. It described the officer as an experienced air pilot who had been to Syria on several assignments before. He had to his credit dozens of very successful combat missions to destroy terrorists and accompany humanitarian convoys of Russia’s center for the reconciliation of warring parties. Filipov was a graduate of the Higher Military Aviation Academy in Krasnodar. Commanders have invariably described him as a promising, competent and resolute fighter-bomber pilot enjoying well-deserved recognition in the regiment and respect of his subordinates in the squadron.

More:
http://tass.com/defense/988485

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-05-2018, 10:56 AM

The ffing traitor obama aided the muslim terrorists that are this nation's enemies. I'd bet my left armand last dollar on it--just like obama ran a fake war supposedly hitting muslim terrorists groups over there.
Would not shock me at all, if the weapon used to shoot down that Russian jet, came directly from USA BY WAY OF OBAMA'S ORDER..-Tyr

Gunny
02-05-2018, 11:15 AM
The Russians have used it as a pretext to launch a serious attack against some homes and villages.

jimnyc
02-05-2018, 01:13 PM
I thought they knew? Apparently not. This is a Russian source. So one minute they don't know the source and it's dangerous to declare a source - and then the next minute, Balu and the Russians state it's American.

--

Moscow. February 5th. INTERFAX.RU - Having no accurate information about the source of a portable anti-aircraft missile system getting to the Syrian terrorists, from which the Russian Su-25 attack aircraft was shot down last week, one should be cautious in declaring the origin of these weapons, said Dmitry Peskov, the presidential press secretary .

"Undoubtedly, without knowing exactly where and how this MANPADS, as well as many others that terrorists have, get to the territory of Syria, it is necessary to make some kind of statements with caution," he told journalists.

So Peskov commented on the words of Federation Council member Igor Morozov that the MANPADS could get to terrorists from Ukraine.

"One fact is unconditional: it is an extreme concern that portable anti-aircraft missile systems are in the hands of terrorists, which is a huge danger for all states," he told reporters.

Earlier, the first deputy chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Defense and Security Franz Klintsevich said that the fighters of the terrorist organization "Jabhat al-Nusra (banned in Russia) in Syria received MANPADS with the mediation of the United States.

Rest - http://www.interfax.ru/russia/598536

Gunny
02-05-2018, 08:49 PM
http://www.oann.com/air-strikes-pound-syrias-last-rebel-strongholds-gas-chokes-civilians/

Gassing civilians. Nice little war you got going there, Balu.

aboutime
02-05-2018, 09:50 PM
U.S. takes aim at Russia after suspected Syrian government gas attack

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-chemicalweapons-france-usa/u-s-takes-aim-at-russia-after-suspected-syrian-government-gas-attack-idUSKBN1FC27O

Balu
02-06-2018, 02:04 AM
U.S. takes aim at Russia after suspected Syrian government gas attack

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syria-chemicalweapons-france-usa/u-s-takes-aim-at-russia-after-suspected-syrian-government-gas-attack-idUSKBN1FC27O

"Boring, girls!" (c) Suspensions ARE NOT proofs. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11224&stc=1

Gunny
02-06-2018, 02:15 PM
You mean various accusations from different areas over a period of time? Suspicions my ass. Chlorine was the first chemical agent used in warfare and everyone knows its effects. All you have to do to learn them is clean your bathroom with too much bleach and the door shut. You'll figure it out QUICK.

Sell your denial elsewhere.

Balu
02-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Body of Su-25 pilot killed in Syria flown back to Russia

Military & Defense (http://tass.com/defense)
February 06, 16:56 UTC+3 MOSCOW
Roman Filipov was nominated for the Hero of Russia title posthumously

https://cdn2.tass.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/en/uploads/i/20180206/1186862.jpg

© Dmitry Serebryakov/TASS

MOSCOW, February 6. /TASS/. The body of Russian pilot Roman Filipov who lost his life in Syria on February 3 has been brought back to Russia, he will be buried in the city of Voronezh (in southwestern Russia), the Russian Defense Ministry reported on Tuesday.
Read also

Feat of jet pilot killed in Syria will go down in Russian army's history, says top brass (http://tass.com/defense/988520)

Kremlin conveys condolences over Russian pilot’s death in Syria (http://tass.com/society/988492)

Fighter pilot killed in Syria jet downing posthumously nominated for Hero of Russia title (http://tass.com/defense/988485)

Russian weapons deliver strikes on area from which Su-25 was shot down (http://tass.com/defense/988390)

Russia’s Su-25 fighter jet shot down by militants in Syria (http://tass.com/defense/988385)

"The body of the pilot, Major Roman Filipov, who died a hero’s death in Syria on February 3 has been brought back to Russia by the Russian military intelligence service in collaboration with our Turkish counterparts. The funeral ceremony for Major Roman Filipov with military honors will take place on February 8 in Voronezh in accordance with the desire expressed by the Russian pilot’s family and parents," the ministry said.
According to earlier reports, Russia’s Sukhoi Su-25 jet was downed over the Idlib de-escalation zone on February 3. The pilot, Major Roman Filipov, ejected himself only to be surrounded by terrorists. First, he used his handgun against attackers and then blew up himself with a hand grenade.
He was nominated for the Hero of Russia title posthumously.

More:
http://tass.com/defense/988683

aboutime
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Balu....What kind of Hero Blows Himself Up with a Hand Granade???

TERRORISTS are known to BLOW THEMSELVES UP with explosives attached to their body.

COWARDS BLOW THEMSELVES UP WITH EXPLOSIVES....of any kind.

http://www.prepperforums.net/forum/attachments/news-links/9512d1422190149-bumlam-complains-about-movie-muslim-kid-terrorist-blowing-up-he-has-bomb-boom-o.gif

COWARDS GET AWARDS FOR DOING IT....
https://archive.li/l3fp/585d5e8ce621bf68913a3af53c3e4ee4e3236432.jpg

Gunny
02-06-2018, 03:50 PM
Balu is what some have referred to as a "chickenhawk". Sits around at home talking trash while others die for HIS wannabe "glory".

aboutime
02-06-2018, 04:01 PM
Balu is what some have referred to as a "chickenhawk". Sits around at home talking trash while others die for HIS wannabe "glory".

Gunny. Balu should go to Putin, and ask for a STATE FUNERAL as a wannabe hero for coming here, to DP, and defending Communism for the sake of Communism.

I have an award for him....http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/willie-2.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/HjpzYiY.png

Balu
02-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Gunny. Balu should go to Putin, and ask for a STATE FUNERAL as a wannabe hero for coming here, to DP, and defending Communism for the sake of Communism.

I have an award for him....

I do not need your assistance. I have my own.
Then, a piece of advice - try never speak about things you have NO clue of.
In the Russian Federation, all officers are buried at STATE expense. The procedure - the State flag over the coffin, the salute of the platoon of the Guard of Honor and the State Anthem at the time of the burial. I've already deserved all this. Including my service in your country.
And now, goodbye. You're not interesting to me. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif

Gunny
02-06-2018, 05:17 PM
I'm checking out Willie. That's a Hell of a set of awards :laugh2:

I like the Marine Corps Rifle Expert badge incorrectly assembled and pinned through a business card with a PH on it. Hell, it looks like he's been in every war since WW I :laugh:

aboutime
02-06-2018, 05:20 PM
In the Russian Federation, all officers are buried at STATE expense. The procedure - the State flag over the coffin, the salute of the platoon of the Guard of Honor and the State Anthem at the time of the burial. I've already deserved all this. Including my service in your country.
And now, goodbye. You're not interesting to me. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gif

OH, I see Balu. You're just like our Liberal, Democrat members of the Wannabe Socialist Republic of Future Poor, and Stupid America. You can't handle honest discussion, or Truth. So you run away just like our former Senate leader.....http://icansayit.com/1apages/cutrun.jpg.

You must be BROTHERS in COMRADSHIP.

aboutime
02-06-2018, 05:22 PM

I like the Marine Corps Rifle Expert badge incorrectly assembled and pinned through a business card with a PH on it. Hell, it looks like he's been in every war since WW I :laugh:

Gunny. He's got nearly every badge, from the Marines, Navy, and Army.

The only award he's missing is the PELOSI BOTOX AWARD for flappin' lips.:laugh:

Gunny...let's see which one's he missed...https://d26horl2n8pviu.cloudfront.net/pictures/images/000/122/440/large_v3/89324eb2.jpg?1480537638

http://www.ussleytecv32.com/USMC/MCORD02.GIF
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c9/b5/33/c9b533a9c69a3b3bba1b68517687808c.jpg

Gunny
02-06-2018, 05:22 PM
And now, goodbye. You're not interesting to me. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/dirol.gifOops. Looks like you're on the ignore list, AT. He doesn't like having his ass handed to him by NonComs. We aren't worthy :laugh:

He fancies himself a retired office. Quite the rank snob. Apparently so is Russia if what he says is true. So what do they do with enlisted people KIA? Leave them?

Black Diamond
02-06-2018, 05:24 PM
Oops. Looks like you're on the ignore list, AT. He doesn't like having his ass handed to him by NonComs. We aren't worthy :laugh:

He fancies himself a retired office. Quite the rank snob. Apparently so is Russia if what he says is true. So what do they do with enlisted people KIA? Leave them?
I think he relieves his tensions while looking at that Colin Powell picture. Jungle fever he has.

Gunny
02-06-2018, 05:24 PM
How do you KNOW when you're a shit for brains? When you post on a board with a dozen regular users and you got at least 2 of them on ignore :laugh:

Black Diamond
02-06-2018, 05:25 PM
How do you KNOW when you're a shit for brains? When you post on a board with a dozen regular users and you got at least 2 of them on ignore :laugh:
Or chicken.

Gunny
02-06-2018, 05:31 PM
Or chicken.For some "great warrior", he won't fight. It's too bad he has to act the way he does. When he isn't being Peter the Great, he posts some interesting stuff about Russia.

I wonder if he thinks DP is at war with Russia :dunno:

Polite Russian
02-06-2018, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd23nL00OWI

Sorry, if that video was already posted here. I didn't find it.

Internet says, that it is the last moment of pilot's life.
He shouted "That's for our guys!" and blew himself.

Gunny
02-06-2018, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd23nL00OWI

Sorry, if that video was already posted here. I didn't find it.

Internet says, that it is the last moment of pilot's life.
He shouted "That's for our guys!" and blew himself.You know I like you, buddy, but I can't read ANY of those letters:laugh:

Just to be clear, I at least, as I am sure we all are, are not disrespecting your pilot. He was doing what he was told to. I also don't want to get you caught up in something that began long before you were here.

We're disrespecting the politicians and policies that put the pilot in the position he was in. We say the same about our own politicians, and we treat people like Balu here in this country in the same manner. One can be proud of one's country without having to start talking down to everyone about it which is what he does. The people that don't have to fight the wars that are more than willing to send someone else off to do it while they just talk a lot.

Beefeater
02-06-2018, 08:42 PM
Probably from the stash stolen at Benghazi.

Polite Russian
02-07-2018, 10:58 AM
You know I like you, buddy, but I can't read ANY of those letters:laugh:

Just to be clear, I at least, as I am sure we all are, are not disrespecting your pilot. He was doing what he was told to. I also don't want to get you caught up in something that began long before you were here.

We're disrespecting the politicians and policies that put the pilot in the position he was in. We say the same about our own politicians, and we treat people like Balu here in this country in the same manner. One can be proud of one's country without having to start talking down to everyone about it which is what he does. The people that don't have to fight the wars that are more than willing to send someone else off to do it while they just talk a lot.

It's okay, I understand :)
I do not mean politics, just thought, that that video suits well here. And translated what was the scream about.

Honestly, I don't think about politics, when soldiers killed. And I mean any soldier, that fights with terrorism. Screw politicians.
And please, don't think, that I like our politicians. :)

Gunny
02-07-2018, 11:08 AM
It's okay, I understand :)
I do not mean politics, just thought, that that video suits well here. And translated what was the scream about.

Honestly, I don't think about politics, when soldiers killed. And I mean any soldier, that fights with terrorism. Screw politicians.
And please, don't think, that I like our politicians. :)

I hear you on the politicians. They sure are brave with other people's lives.

Gunny
02-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Polite Russian I got some songs if I can find them again you can translate for me. I'll put them in the music forum though. I usually watch the facial expressions but this one song everyone stood up and started tearing up. I have no clue why :laugh: It is Ukranian, I think.

Polite Russian
02-07-2018, 11:25 AM
@Polite Russian (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3556) I got some songs if I can find them again you can translate for me. I'll put them in the music forum though. I usually watch the facial expressions but this one song everyone stood up and started tearing up. I have no clue why :laugh: It is Ukranian, I think.

Sure. I'll be glad to help :)

Elessar
02-07-2018, 12:32 PM

Looks like he just stood back and tossed the ribbons and medals to see where they stuck!
Completely out of order and precedence!

What a "Hero"!:laugh:

Gunny
02-07-2018, 01:46 PM
Looks like he just stood back and tossed the ribbons and medals to see where they stuck!

What a "Hero"!:laugh:I've seen those guys on the Mall in DC. The "War Vets" have their little "village" of stands across the street from the Lincoln Memorial in close proximity to "The Wall". Used to run by them. Some of them are a hoot. A lot of them are like ol' Willie. Total frauds. I never liked them for the simple reason that they really DO reflect poorly on actual vets.

aboutime
02-07-2018, 03:49 PM

What a "Hero"!:laugh:

He's one of those STOLEN VALOR on Steroids, with approaching Alzheimers. Not really sure about anything now. There are a lot of people like him out there. God forbid they get the attention they need from the easily-led.

Gunny
02-07-2018, 08:05 PM
He's one of those STOLEN VALOR on Steroids, with approaching Alzheimers. Not really sure about anything now. There are a lot of people like him out there. God forbid they get the attention they need from the easily-led.Oh, they do. They're right by "the Wall". Mostly, only tourists go there. They don't know any better. They tell their John Kerry stories panhandling for a $ or to buy their Vietnam memorabilia anyone can order online.