PDA

View Full Version : Gowdy: Memo has no impact on investigation, doesn't vindicate Trump

gabosaurus
02-04-2018, 04:27 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-breaks-with-trump-fisa-memo-doesnt-have-any-impact-on-robert-muellers-investigation/article/2648046

Rep. Trey Gowdy broke with President Trump on where the controversial House Intelligence Committee memo leaves special counsel Robert Mueller and his Russia inquiry.

While Trump tweeted Saturday morning that the memo "totally vindicates" him in regards to the federal Russia inquiry, Gowdy, a key player in the development of the report, said he doubts Mueller's probe, which is looking into possible collusion between members of Trump's campaign and the Kremlin, will be impacted.

"I would say this. I'm sure the president is frustrated," Gowdy, R-S.C., said in an interview for CBS News' "Face the Nation" when asked about Trump's tweet. "You know, [House Intel ranking member] Adam Schiff prejudged the investigation before we interviewed the first witness, so I — I'm sure that that instructs some of what he said. I — I actually don't think it is has any impact on the Russia probe for this reason —."

In the run-up to the release of the memo, which outlines alleged abuses of surveillance authority by the U.S. government, Trump defenders had suggested that it could damage the integrity of the Mueller investigation. Even after its release, some of his biggest supporters are still calling for Mueller to quit.

However, a key point in the memo concedes that the FBI began its formal investigation into the Trump campaign in July 2016 because of foreign policy aide George Papadopoulos, and not the salacious and largely unverified "Trump dossier" as some Republicans had prevously asserted. Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in October to charges brought against him by Mueller in his Russia investigation for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russians.

Pressing the point, CBS News White House and senior foreign affairs correspondent Margaret Brennan asked: "The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?"

"Not to me, it doesn't — and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it," Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, said. "There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier."

aboutime
02-04-2018, 04:35 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-breaks-with-trump-fisa-memo-doesnt-have-any-impact-on-robert-muellers-investigation/article/2648046

gabby. You've been hanging around petey too long. You do sound just like all of the other FAKE NEWS sources who ONLY, INTENTIONALLY leave out certain facts...THAT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD. In other words....lying by Omission is the same as Just Lying.

I saw that interview. You, like others, twist everything to suit your hatred.

LongTermGuy
02-04-2018, 04:55 PM
@aboutime
Good quick read below (link)....very Interesting ...

You reap what you sow Lib!...

~ "I'm a Liberal Professor, and My Liberal Students Terrify Me" ~

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/laura-flint/2015/06/06/shocking-vox-im-liberal-professor-and-my-liberal-students-terrify-me

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx221/B_Oceander/GIF_Animations/Liberalism_disease.gif

jimnyc
02-04-2018, 04:59 PM
I don't believe it does impact the investigation - but it sure as hell makes you shake your head about the lead investigator and others that were involved in the FISA crap.

And I think you need to read a lot more from Gowdy, he's been trashing the Dems who have been using his words to somehow cover their tracks.

Also this:

---

With Steele 'Dossier,' FBI Covered for Clinton and the Democrats

Trey Gowdy, who was instrumental in the writing of the Nunes memo, and who will not run for re-election to the House this fall from South Carolina, has this to add about apparent FBI malfeasance in the whole "Russian collusion" mess:

The House’s top investigator on Sunday said the FBI failed to notify a surveillance court it was relying on material funded by Democrats and the Hillary Clinton campaign when it asked to snoop on an adviser tied to the Trump campaign.
Rep. Trey Gowdy, South Carolina Republican and chairman of the House Oversight Committee, also said judges wouldn’t have authorized and repeatedly renewed a warrant to spy on the former Trump aide, Carter Page, if it hadn’t been for that very material, compiled by investigator Christopher Steele in a controversial dossier.

“They could have easily said it was the DNC and Hillary Clinton. That would have been really easy,” Mr. Gowdy told CBS’s Face the Nation, referring to footnotes in the agents’ request to the court. “It took longer to explain it the way they did, than if they just come right out and said, ‘Hillary Clinton for America and DNC paid for it.’ But they didn’t do that.”

Mr. Gowdy was involved in drafting a four-page memo by the House Intelligence Committee that details the FBI’s decision to rely in part on Clinton-backed material to spy on Mr. Page in October 2016. It also explores the role of top Justice Department officials in renewing those snooping powers.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/election/steele-dossier-fbi-covered-clinton-democrats/

High_Plains_Drifter
02-04-2018, 05:28 PM
I think it does impact the... "investigation," if you want to call it that, because it shows that without doubt, the entire thing was predicated on a FALSE PREMISE, which in itself is ILLEGAL.

THERE WAS NO CRIME PRESENT, and it was started ANYWAY by LIARS and TRUMP HATERS.

I stick to my prediction that the calls for this collusion witch hunt to end. You don't appoint a SC and THEN LOOK FOR A CRIME. There has to be CLEAR AND PRESENT CRIME FIRST, not appoint a SC and then LOOK for a crime, and that is EXACTLY what is happening.

I see ANOTHER SC being appointed to INVESTIGATE the INVESTIGATORS, because there IS CLEAR AND PRESENT CRIMES, by the DEEP STATE OBAMA HOLD OVERS.

I don't know WTF is up with Gowdy. I think he's going soft, and I don't see him being appointed into any Trump admin jobs. He doesn't want to run for reelection, and I see him just wanting to GTF otta the swamp.

Gunny
02-04-2018, 11:16 PM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey-gowdy-breaks-with-trump-fisa-memo-doesnt-have-any-impact-on-robert-muellers-investigation/article/2648046I don't recall Trump saying he was "totally vindicated" in context with Mueller's witch hunt. I do believe it was in context with saying he was bugged.

You can do better. Not even a nice try.

Black Diamond
02-04-2018, 11:19 PM
Trump isn't going anywhere. To the chagrin of leftists and McCain.

Sorry I repeat myself.

gabosaurus
02-05-2018, 12:47 AM
I don't recall Trump saying he was "totally vindicated" in context with Mueller's witch hunt. I do believe it was in context with saying he was bugged.

You can do better. Not even a nice try.

I didn't say anything. I just posted a link about what Trey Gowdy said.

Gunny
02-05-2018, 08:38 AM
I didn't say anything. I just posted a link about what Trey Gowdy said.And? How many times do you have to try playing semantics with me and lose before you get a clue? You're going on a good 15 years, give or take, without a win.

You wouldn't have posted the thread if you weren't "trying to say something". And what you "not trying to say" is factually incorrect in an attempt to mislead.