PDA

View Full Version : Snow Removal and the Parallels with Freedoms

Taco Junkie
02-09-2018, 11:33 AM
We got 6" of snow last night. No biggie, the snow blower fired on the first pull and I had the driveway and sidewalk done in 30 minutes. The city snowplow had been by and dumped a street full of snow into the driveway apron but I tore through that pretty easily.

My neighbor across the street was struggling with her driveway. She is in her 70s and her husband is home bound and can barely walk these days. So I went up there and started on their driveway. She said "just get it wide enough to drive in and out of and that'll be good enough..." No ma'am. Because each additional snowfall (another 2" - 4" is due this afternoon) will take that space down even narrower and eventually it will be very difficult to pass through,. So I cleared it the full width of the driveway just like I do mine.

As I was doing this it occurred to me that this is much like our freedoms. We have this room to move about but then a liberal storm comes in and dumps all these regulations and new laws in our way. And if we compromise and let these bills and laws pass with changes and say well that's good enough to get by on for now, then the next dump will make those freedoms even narrower. Eventually, we'll be "home bound" and at the mercy of the government to plow us out (when it was they who plowed us in).

Not too deep (unlike the snow) but just a reminder we all need to be ever vigilant and always fighting to keep our freedoms or they will be eroded to nothing in short order. I like it when those here show that spirit each day. Keep up the good fight.

Taco out. :cool:

Gunny
02-09-2018, 02:29 PM
We got 6" of snow last night. No biggie, the snow blower fired on the first pull and I had the driveway and sidewalk done in 30 minutes. The city snowplow had been by and dumped a street full of snow into the driveway apron but I tore through that pretty easily.

My neighbor across the street was struggling with her driveway. She is in her 70s and her husband is home bound and can barely walk these days. So I went up there and started on their driveway. She said "just get it wide enough to drive in and out of and that'll be good enough..." No ma'am. Because each additional snowfall (another 2" - 4" is due this afternoon) will take that space down even narrower and eventually it will be very difficult to pass through,. So I cleared it the full width of the driveway just like I do mine.

As I was doing this it occurred to me that this is much like our freedoms. We have this room to move about but then a liberal storm comes in and dumps all these regulations and new laws in our way. And if we compromise and let these bills and laws pass with changes and say well that's good enough to get by on for now, then the next dump will make those freedoms even narrower. Eventually, we'll be "home bound" and at the mercy of the government to plow us out (when it was they who plowed us in).

Not too deep (unlike the snow) but just a reminder we all need to be ever vigilant and always fighting to keep our freedoms or they will be eroded to nothing in short order. I like it when those here show that spirit each day. Keep up the good fight.

Taco out. :cool:Not "too" deep, huh? Just enough to clear the top of the snow?:slap: