PDA

View Full Version : Winter Olympics 2018: Pence skips dinner with N Koreans

Gunny
02-09-2018, 06:47 PM
US Vice-President Mike Pence has skipped a dinner at which he was due to share a table with North Korea's ceremonial head of state Kim Yong-nam.
Mr Pence briefly encountered Mr Kim but they tried to avoid directly facing each other, Yonhap news agency reports.
Later South Korean President Moon Jae-in shook hands with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's sister, Kim Yo-jong, at the Winter Olympics opening ceremony.
The Games are taking place amid tension over North Korea's nuclear programme.
Mr Yong-nam did briefly meet with United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres at the dinner. According to a UN spokesperson, Mr Guterres reiterated a hope for "peaceful denuclearisation" on the peninsula.
What happened at the dinner?Mr Pence and Kim Yong-nam were being hosted by President Moon before the opening ceremony in Pyeongchang.
But the US vice-president left the reception venue after five minutes, South Korea's Yonhap said.
While Mr Moon and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe both shook hands with Mr Kim, Mr Pence did not, South Korean officials said.

cont ... http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43003564

You think Pence sent a message? The S Koreans are being dumbasses while Un tries his hand at divide and conquer.

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Good.

Obama would have BOWED to her... DEEPLY.

Glad we don't have that BOZO anymore.

Gunny
02-13-2018, 10:40 PM
Good.

Obama would have BOWED to her... DEEPLY.

Glad we don't have that BOZO anymore.Was reading another article that stated Pence did not stand when the N Korean delegation came in. I wonder if he went just to snub the little princess? :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
02-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Was reading another article that stated Pence did not stand when the N Korean delegation came in. I wonder if he went just to snub the little princess? :laugh:
I saw that on a news clip. I was impressed and very happy to have a VP that shows America doesn't play games when it comes to two bit dictator regimes.

You want our elected officials to stand for you, then EARN THE RESPECT. Otherwise FUCK OFF.