PDA

View Full Version : Padilla is convicted

08-16-2007, 02:06 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070816/ap_on_re_us/padilla_terror_charges

Is anyone surprised here? I guess Libs cant say they werent siding with terrorists now.

theHawk
08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/16/padilla.verdict/index.html

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- The jury in the Jose Padilla terror trial has found the American guilty of conspiracy to support Islamic terrorism overseas.

Jose Padilla was originally accused of planning a "dirty bomb" attack in the U.S.

Padilla was originally arrested on accusations that he planned to set off radioactive "dirty bombs" in the United States. Thursday's convictions are not related to those accusations, and prosecutors did not present the "dirty bomb" plot to the jury.

Padilla's two co-defendants, Adham Hassoun and Kifan Jayyousi, were also found guilty on the three counts as charged: conspiracy to murder, kidnap, and maim people in a foreign country; conspiracy to provide material support for terrorists, and providing material support for terrorists.

The verdict came after less than two days of deliberations by the federal jury in Miami.

Sentencing is set for December 5. All three defendants face life in prison.

Padilla pleaded not guilty. At his trial, defense attorneys argued Padilla went overseas only to study Islam.

After the decision was announced, Padilla's mother, Estella Lebron, told CNN her son will appeal the verdict.

"I'm not surprised by anything in this place anymore," she said. "This is a Republican city."

I guess that means Democrats would of set her son scott free.

Monkeybone
08-16-2007, 02:11 PM
so he studied Islam....and then wanted to kill innocent ppl? specially in America? yup! sounds like he really understood the religion/education that he got. they must have good schools.

even is he appeals and gets off...what kinda life would that be in America really? ppl just gonna completely forget about him and everything? of course saying that, i never even heard about this until today when i saw it on the news.

darin
08-16-2007, 02:20 PM
merged.

theHawk
08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
so he studied Islam....and then wanted to kill innocent ppl? specially in America? yup! sounds like he really understood the religion/education that he got. they must have good schools.

even is he appeals and gets off...what kinda life would that be in America really? ppl just gonna completely forget about him and everything? of course saying that, i never even heard about this until today when i saw it on the news.

He was detained at first as a terrorist, but the libs cried for him so he got his trial.

Have fun with Bubba, Mr. Padilla. :ssex:

5stringJeff
08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
He was detained at first as a terrorist, but the libs cried for him so he got his trial.

Have fun with Bubba, Mr. Padilla. :ssex:

He is an American citizen, so he deserved a trial. But I hope he rots in a cold prison cell.

Kathianne
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
What is somewhat amusing, if he'd stayed at Gitmo, he probably would have been released eventually. Now he's facing one count with life and I think 3 with 15 years, each. He'll likely never get out, at least until very, very old.

theHawk
08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
What is somewhat amusing, if he'd stayed at Gitmo, he probably would have been released eventually. Now he's facing one count with life and I think 3 with 15 years, each. He'll likely never get out, at least until very, very old.

And he hasn't even been charged with his dirty bomb plot yet.

Monkeybone
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
will they still charge him with that Hakw or would they have held that in reserve incase the others didn't go?

Darin...nice avatar.